Proposal: Change LHZ bio 4 bounties to 150-170 level range - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Proposal: Change LHZ bio 4 bounties to 150-170 level range

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 29 October 2019 - 11:24 AM

It seems that with the latest update of bounty board quests, each BB can only span 20 levels. I dont understand why it is made this way, perhaps the idea is to be consistent, but such 'consistency' comes at a cost of flexibility and convenience. The consequence is the death of Bio 4 parties, and LHZ becomes an empty town. I've heard many ppls reporting that LHZ is dead, its kinda unfortunate to see it turn into this.

The cold hard truth is that an average lv.160 char is in no way ready for bio 5, the recommended level is 170+. You may argue that an OP geared player is ready for bio 5 even at lv.150 or lv.140, I get that, but we are talking about average players here. The loss of bio 4 parties means that bio 5 and NCT will have to take a lot more stresses to handle the inflow of leveling ppls/parties. However, these two dungeons are already quite saturated, there will be a lot of ppls/parties competing for mobs. There will also be ppls who wont be able to make it to both, and they will stop leveling, maybe even quit. I dont think WP carefully thought about the aftermath of this change before pushing for it, to kill a leveling spot when there aint enough good alternatives aint a wise move.

So lets assume the 20 levels range principle cannot be changed, why dont we make the bio 4 bounties 150-170 level range instead of 140-160? The ppls can stay in high TI until lv.150, and from 150-170 they can do bio 4 parties, then finally from 170-175 they can try bio5 or stick with NCT leveling. This way we can possibly bring bio 4 parties back to life again, and the BB still spans 20 levels so WP is still happy with the consistency. It will also lead to more viable 135-150 leveling parties in high TI, which can benefit classes that aint usually recruited for bio 4, ie. GX, SC, Mech.

I feel that its a good compromise to make for the new BB quests system WP is implementing. It helps more ppls without disrupting the 20 levels range policy. What is your thought about this? 

:p_hi:

Edited by LordYggdrasill, 29 October 2019 - 11:28 AM.

#2 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 29 October 2019 - 11:41 AM

If more ppl are heading to NCT that means it's easier to form parties there, wich is an overall exp increase :)

#3 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 29 October 2019 - 11:50 AM

You do understand the map isnt big enough to take care of all the ppls who were originally doing bio 4, it was enough crowded with the arrival of AFK levelers. Not mentioning the new BB at tool shop is a turn-off for NCT levelers, it is slow to grind there nowadays. I get that its good for ppls to go to more leveling spots than rely too much on bio 4, but right now we just dont have enough alternatives. Is it better if everyone does NCT leveling? I'd prefer more diversity.

:rolleyes:

Edited by LordYggdrasill, 29 October 2019 - 11:53 AM.

#4 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 29 October 2019 - 11:58 AM

Having participated at the times when NCT had the current monster spawn, but no BBs, where ppl just leveled there with sheer monster exp, the map is more than capable of handling it. In fact that was the fastest "regular" leveling i've done on iRO so far, with a 12/12 party getting characters from 150 to 175 in like 10hrs or so.

#5 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 29 October 2019 - 12:18 PM

Oh yeah you are making a claim that cannot be verified, based on your 'personal experience'. What are the requirements to make such a 12/12 party work? You need a full party of fast skill-spamming killers? Then what about the average ppls who cant kill fast, and the supporting chars who cant kill? How crowded NCT was back then compared to it is now? The BB was a lot closer to the tower before, and we didnt have all these afk levelers there in the old days either. There are too many factors to consider.

Even if what you said is absolutely true and a fast NCT party is possible for most ppls, is it really a good idea that NCT becomes the only feasible leveling spot for most ppls? Dont you think more diversity is better? Tbh I dont think its a good idea for ppls to over-depend on bio 4 leveling, but the right solution is to introduce more alternatives so they will move to other leveling spots(hello kRO, where are these updates?), not to just remove bio 4 as an option when the only viable alternative is NCT.

Edited by LordYggdrasill, 29 October 2019 - 12:23 PM.

#6 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 29 October 2019 - 12:55 PM

What are the requirements to make such a 12/12 party work?

- 12 people '-'

You need a full party of fast skill-spamming killers?

- take the power level that ppl had pretty much prior to OCP gears/beginning of it.

Then what about the average ppls who cant kill fast, and the supporting chars who cant kill?

- the "average" player nowadays is a lot stronger than the same metric of 2~3years ago. The parties could take support characters too without really affecting the exp, and what they'd do, let's say an AB, is wing around the map and group monsters in small "chunks" for killers to come and get them, at the same time, buff anyone in sight.

How crowded NCT was back then compared to it is now?
- Same spawn

The BB was a lot closer to the tower before, and we didnt have all these afk levelers there in the old days either. There are too many factors to consider.

- BB didnt even existed back then for this much added exp, and it was still comparable/faster than is now.

I mean, you can dig up the forum for postings of back then, and you will see plenty of mention of having NCT parties, even pre-organized ones, thats how good it was. It kinda fell off since most of the players already maxed a lot of their characters, same main reason for Lhz getting empty again, even prior to the BB change.

#7 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 29 October 2019 - 01:00 PM

Gramps TIs and Adventurer's Club are going to get revamped if you're looking for easy EXP.

#8 CaptainSunbear

CaptainSunbear

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 29 October 2019 - 01:02 PM

There’s an adventurer guild NPC near the bounty boards on the corner of the department store in lighthalzen that assigns you bio3/4 missions, kill 150 of each and get exp, it was mentioned to me by someone who did these missions on VIP that it was 26m so with non-VIP about 13m exp for the set of bio4 monsters not including the set of bio3 monsters.

Have you tried out the adventurer’s guild NPC and gone to bio4 with these missions LordYggdrasill?

#9 Victoryblood

Victoryblood

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 434 posts
  • Server:Whatever we got

Posted 29 October 2019 - 01:18 PM

Can we add giant fly wing to the eden merit badge npc?

#10 NihonHikikomoriK

NihonHikikomoriK

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 29 October 2019 - 01:25 PM

There’s an adventurer guild NPC near the bounty boards on the corner of the department store in lighthalzen that assigns you bio3/4 missions, kill 150 of each and get exp, it was mentioned to me by someone who did these missions on VIP that it was 26m so with non-VIP about 13m exp for the set of bio4 monsters not including the set of bio3 monsters.

Have you tried out the adventurer’s guild NPC and gone to bio4 with these missions LordYggdrasill?

What is the lvl range of adventure guild quest?

#11 CaptainSunbear

CaptainSunbear

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 29 October 2019 - 01:29 PM

I picked it up on my 99/70 champion but my friend picked it up on his max level character (I think it was his max level char) so I think anyone can pick it up (completing it and the amount of exp obtained is another story, ie efficiency etc etc)

But you could not choose how to submit exp he said, it was given as is (reminder he has bonus exp from VIP which was 200% when this was tested. I’m sure battle manual is usable for these boards as well!)

Edited by CaptainSunbear, 29 October 2019 - 01:30 PM.

#12 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 29 October 2019 - 01:36 PM

Actually I havent done bio 4 leveling for months, just expressing some concerns since LHZ is so empty and I've heard frustrations from friends and guildmates. I used to do adventurer's guild quests back in the old days when I was leveling my first few chars in new world, and the exp was ridiculously bad even with BM so I stopped caring about it. It sounds a lot better in this case if it is 26m exp without BM, perhaps I will ask a friend to test it and see if its a viable alternative for the old classic bio 4 leveling. Thx for the suggestion.

#13 Jeneeus

Jeneeus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2163 posts
  • LocationEden Kitchen
  • Server:Anti-Chaos

Posted 29 October 2019 - 01:37 PM

As a person who tried Adventurer's Guild in Lighthalzen, the EXP here is pretty decent. And somehow, the characters below 140 (in my case, I used level 132) can also get the quest. So far, I gained 6 levels with 2 TIs (including the killings since I used RK) with BMX3.

The only problem in Adventurer's Guild (for now) is that there is no EXP distribution (all base and all job) for full VIPs.

#14 CaptainSunbear

CaptainSunbear

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 29 October 2019 - 01:50 PM

As a person who tried Adventurer's Guild in Lighthalzen, the EXP here is pretty decent. And somehow, the characters below 140 (in my case, I used level 132) can also get the quest. So far, I gained 6 levels with 2 TIs (including the killings since I used RK) with BMX3.

The only problem in Adventurer's Guild (for now) is that there is no EXP distribution (all base and all job) for full VIPs.

Whether the exp can be distributed or not these are not exactly the bounty boards, but hey at least we can bring supports along!

Additionally I remember there was a mention they would implement all bounty boards first before we could provide feedback.

It was written in one of the FAQs or patch notes I can’t recall but I remember that’s the reason I went off to do a vast majority of them to see what was good or bad or needed a slight adjustment. After all it’s just feedback but let’s wait until then. Maybe then we can get our feedback and make a difference for the endgame boards to get supports going.

I’m just glad that the adventurer’s guild seems promising for supports past the LHZ4 board level.

Anyone that does it with their support class please give us feedback :) so we can at least bring more Awareness to this leveling option.

Thanks!

#15 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 29 October 2019 - 02:26 PM

What is the lvl range of adventure guild quest?

Every level BUT the BB levels. 

#16 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 29 October 2019 - 04:56 PM

NCT is a very good place. If you think mob density is too low, how about you try an AFK auto build? Since you mention that its hard to find players to party, might as well save yourself times and leave your char afk level in NCT.

#17 JaguarBlood

JaguarBlood

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 346 posts
  • LocationMidgard

Posted 29 October 2019 - 07:30 PM

the whales have begun to beach themselves on eachother. HALP

#18 Talvis

Talvis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1985 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Midwest
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 29 October 2019 - 08:18 PM

The regular Bio 4 monsters are level 141-142, which means they're too low for fighting past around 165 anyway. Explore the world, find other places to level like NCT as was mentioned, or other places that are designed for the top level range. This is a mmoRPG, not a mmo-level quickly and get bored! Explore the game world and look into the newer episode content. There's entire story lines that no one really knows about because everyone just levels in the fastest places.

#19 CaptainSunbear

CaptainSunbear

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 29 October 2019 - 09:20 PM

The regular Bio 4 monsters are level 141-142, which means they're too low for fighting past around 165 anyway. Explore the world, find other places to level like NCT as was mentioned, or other places that are designed for the top level range. This is a mmoRPG, not a mmo-level quickly and get bored! Explore the game world and look into the newer episode content. There's entire story lines that no one really knows about because everyone just levels in the fastest places.

I agree with you. There's a whole world to explore. Though sometimes I find that people already explored that world OR that their goal is to level up their characters to max. Either way, the reality is we have the freedom to choose how we wanna enjoy the game. 

Great point tho, I feel the same, explore it and take the leisure time in leveling as it is part of the joy of the game. Sometimes the grind gets kinda boring and some people wanna get it over with haha. Grind 1000 of one mob, you've grinded them for a lifetime -- or until your next char :heh:

#20 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 29 October 2019 - 11:35 PM

Except that we dont have good alternatives other than NCT, and removing Bio 4 as a viable option for 160-170 means that NCT will be the one and only leveling spot. Even for the sake of diversity and load-balancing, I doubt its a good idea. In an ideal world we are supposed to have 4-5 leveling spots for any level ranges, but welcome to the real world.

#21 ZeoKenX

ZeoKenX

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 31 October 2019 - 02:01 PM

Except that we dont have good alternatives other than NCT, and removing Bio 4 as a viable option for 160-170 means that NCT will be the one and only leveling spot. Even for the sake of diversity and load-balancing, I doubt its a good idea. In an ideal world we are supposed to have 4-5 leveling spots for any level ranges, but welcome to the real world.

Understand where you are coming from with this but you have to understand the fact that some classes (mainly supports that couldnt do damage) got left behind from the DPSs in those non-shared parties with the 150-175 version especially when they died.I main an RK and went back to Bio4s even after level 175 just to help out for that very reason but trust me when I say this,most DPSs once they hit 175 hauled ass to farm instances/WoE and never looked back at those support classes screaming for help.Thats why the Bounty Boards like Ashuckle/Zero stated is at its best as of right now with that needed change.

-The monster levels make sense for the 145-160 range

-The boards now encourages Even Share to be there/on 100% of the time unless someone is trolling

Edited by ZeoKenX, 31 October 2019 - 02:02 PM.

#22 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 04 November 2019 - 09:19 PM

Understand where you are coming from with this but you have to understand the fact that some classes (mainly supports that couldnt do damage) got left behind from the DPSs in those non-shared parties with the 150-175 version especially when they died.I main an RK and went back to Bio4s even after level 175 just to help out for that very reason but trust me when I say this,most DPSs once they hit 175 hauled ass to farm instances/WoE and never looked back at those support classes screaming for help.Thats why the Bounty Boards like Ashuckle/Zero stated is at its best as of right now with that needed change.

-The monster levels make sense for the 145-160 range

-The boards now encourages Even Share to be there/on 100% of the time unless someone is trolling

To make it clear, I am not against the idea that ppls should be less dependent on bio 4 leveling, but to remove it as an option for end-game leveling when there was barely any alternative is a terrible move. Before we at least had Bio 4 and NCT as choices ppls can take for end game leveling, now its effectively just NCT. I've also heard feedback from my friends/guildmates that NCT parties are much more boring than Bio 4 parties, you kill the same mob all the time and had to compete a lot with others. Some ppls KS like crazy there, and afk levelers make it extra difficult. Imagine NCT as the only leveling spot for end game(minus the super OP ppls who can do bio 5 leveling at lv.160), is this really good for the health of this server? Isnt it better if we have diversity?

You are right that most DPS started to farm instances/WOE and would not look back to the support classes looking for help, but such ppls existed back then, albeit not in good quantity. At least, there were guilds actively running bio4s to help their guildmates. You may say that it aint enough, but its still better than nothing. The support classes were actually useful in bio 4, in contrast with NCT parties where they were effectively just leechers. I feel that bio 4 and NCT are suitable for different classes, the former for parties and latter for soloists.

If you want to argue about the monster level range, you need to understand that these monsters levels actually dont even make sense at all. These bio 3/4 mobs are stronger than NCT mobs, they were only at 140-150 level range 'cause RO's old level cap was 150. If RO was designed with 175 level cap to begin with, they would've been 160-170 instead of 140-150. How about these lv.180+ bio 5 mobs? Does it make sense for a lv.160 char to take bio 5 BBs, they cant even get the full exp without penalty.

Maybe in future they will bring in more leveling options, I've heard that gramps will be redone and perhaps there will be 150-175 TI? But anyway, the current situation is that we have only two leveling spot: Bio 4 and NCT, and its better to make both viable until more alternatives come into existence.

Edited by LordYggdrasill, 04 November 2019 - 09:23 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users