What WarpPortal are going to do about this - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

What WarpPortal are going to do about this

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
17 replies to this topic

#1 neewxy

neewxy

I am New.

• New Members
  • 2 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 10 January 2020 - 03:42 PM

[Removed]

Edited by VModCinnamon, 10 January 2020 - 06:36 PM.
Mod Edit: Removed screenshot.

#2 MegaEdge

MegaEdge

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 845 posts
  • LocationSt-Jérôme, QC.
  • Server:Poring

Posted 10 January 2020 - 04:00 PM

[Removed]

They are aware of it.

Saved the screenshot, I will get this forwarded to the GM staff.

Looks like they keep recreating dummy accounts to advertise.

Edited by VModCinnamon, 10 January 2020 - 06:37 PM.
Mod Edit: edited in quote.

#3 JillOfTrades

JillOfTrades

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 499 posts
  • Twitter:@JillofTradesLA
  • LocationLouisiana, USA
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 10 January 2020 - 04:00 PM

they just should have accounts require phone numbers now.

#4 MegaEdge

MegaEdge

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 845 posts
  • LocationSt-Jérôme, QC.

Posted 10 January 2020 - 04:02 PM

they just should have accounts require phone numbers now.

It's even more easy to create fake phone numbers.

#5 Haiyang

Haiyang

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 10 January 2020 - 04:06 PM

and there is a black market discord with 140+ members. it exists.

I just got randomly given an invitation to it.

Edited by Haiyang, 10 January 2020 - 04:07 PM.

#6 JillOfTrades

JillOfTrades

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 499 posts
  • Twitter:@JillofTradesLA
  • LocationLouisiana, USA
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 10 January 2020 - 04:15 PM

and there is a black market discord with 140+ members. it exists.

I just got randomly given an invitation to it.

Complaining about losing 650 usd ain't gonna help you earn it back.

#7 ElenaGilbert

ElenaGilbert

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1186 posts
  • LocationAUSTRALIA , QLD!!
  • Server:Classic

Posted 10 January 2020 - 04:36 PM

he prolly tried to buy zeny from him thats why he got into the discord and scammed LMAO

#8 Shinobi

Shinobi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 335 posts
  • LocationSakray > Iris >Ymir
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 10 January 2020 - 04:41 PM

No, the same guy messaged me in game. Asked me to go into discord and proceeded to lay out the same scam for me. He targeted me because of the obvious money spent in game from my costume. He seemed too desperate and wrote in broken english. When I delayed responses he got nervous and got more pushy. When he asked me to go to a site to download something I knew what it was so I blocked him and went on my way. I can see how someone can get baited into it. Not sure how they would get to the point of sending money though, again just from my experience.

#9 neewxy

neewxy

I am New.

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 January 2020 - 04:44 PM

but the point is what the warpportal could do to stop this kind of thing? y'all know what happens in Re:start.

Edited by neewxy, 10 January 2020 - 04:44 PM.

#10 MegaEdge

MegaEdge

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 845 posts
  • LocationSt-Jérôme, QC.

Posted 10 January 2020 - 04:58 PM

No, the same guy messaged me in game. Asked me to go into discord and proceeded to lay out the same scam for me. He targeted me because of the obvious money spent in game from my costume. He seemed too desperate and wrote in broken english. When I delayed responses he got nervous and got more pushy. When he asked me to go to a site to download something I knew what it was so I blocked him and went on my way. I can see how someone can get baited into it. Not sure how they would get to the point of sending money though, again just from my experience.

That reminds me of people that gets catfish'd and send them thousands of $$ to them.

#11 Jeneeus

Jeneeus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2163 posts
  • LocationEden Kitchen
  • Server:Anti-Chaos

Posted 10 January 2020 - 05:06 PM

I even saw them in Payon. Even in Thor (and some private servers. Fortunately, those private servers banned them instantly. As for Thor, I'm not sure if they are the same characters because they're already max level out there. I highly felt that they are the same, specially with this mentioned:

He seemed too desperate and wrote in broken english. 

EDIT: Also if possible for the GMs, try to IP-scan those scammers if they have the same or similar IP/VPN used from the players in Thor with the same name in RT. It might be that either it's really them or someone is using their name to damage the reputation of those said names.

Edited by Jeneeus, 10 January 2020 - 05:33 PM.

#12 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 10 January 2020 - 06:41 PM

They seem to be part of the scam ring.

I apologize, I understand that you all want to keep us aware of the issue, however the forums policy forbids posting screenshots/names of users conducing ill-mannered behavior ingame, even we know that they are doing something wrong.

I have submitted 2 tickets myself today, as well as, contact the GM staff through the mod channels in regarding the situation.

If you do run into them, do send a ticket. If you find the same character unattended for a while let me know in a PM.

To send a ticket, use Warpportal support tool:
https://support.warpportal.com/Main/

#13 Haiyang

Haiyang

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 12:50 PM

@ElenaGilbert Are you accusing me of something that I didn't do? You got any proof? I said somebody DM'ed me an invite to a Black Market Discord that has 140+ members. You wanna know where I got scammed? It's from that -_- unofficial RT Discord Server that turns out to be full of scammers! It's from there that people are able to DM me about somebody wanting to help me out and gold selling. I will say it again, I wasn't looking for these things in the first place! I was a victim of a scam man and all you people do is tell me how stupid I am. 

I am willing to coordinate and help WP catch the person who scammed me. I already quit the game. That's all, ok! I got scammed and all you people do is tell me how stupid I am and you are accusing me of purchasing gold when I have no intention in the first place nor I ever did.

Edited by Haiyang, 11 January 2020 - 01:10 PM.

#14 Haiyang

Haiyang

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 12:52 PM

scammers came to me, I didn't came to them. Somebody came to me, offer to help me out in-game and a -_- CM_Astra showed up.

Edited by Haiyang, 11 January 2020 - 12:53 PM.

#15 Haiyang

Haiyang

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 01:02 PM

@Shinobi that's what happened to me. After you download that crap, all he will do is prove himself to you that he is really CM_Astra and clear all your doubts, he will ask you to purchase 1 code which the company (warpportal) promises to return back along with your refund of wp purchases, after he will ask for another code because he needed 2 and not 1, then he will take you to western union for your money that he promises to return, since western union requires you to deposit, he will scam you right there. since western union didn't work, he said he will convert steam codes to Western union code and because i know nothing about transactions and how the -_- they work online, I fell for it again. and then he will tell you that the company sent me a direct deposit of $800 USD and it's too large as they made a deposit mistake of larger amount, he asked me to purchase codes again which is ridiculous!

#16 Haiyang

Haiyang

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 01:09 PM

WP can warn players about this scam but they do no action against them. this is why they are running around for this long scamming people. you said it's an age-old scam and this still persist today. I know I'm never getting my money back but for this game to do nothing about this common scam that still continue to happen? do -_- something even if I don't get my money back!

#17 Jeneeus

Jeneeus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2163 posts
  • LocationEden Kitchen
  • Server:Anti-Chaos

Posted 11 January 2020 - 04:56 PM

WP already DID something like putting Gramps in the training grounds to warn people about the scams, like almost 5 years ago. Also, it's always appeared in loading screens most of the time. But then I realized 90% of iRO players dont speak english. I suggest to put a language selection in Gramps before continuing to speak with him, and also put a 3-second timer for each single dialogue to prevent the players from skipping all those warnings WP already putted...

#18 Haiyang

Haiyang

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 05:03 PM

WP already DID something like putting Gramps in the training grounds to warn people about the scams, like almost 5 years ago. Also, it's always appeared in loading screens most of the time. But then I realized 90% of iRO players dont speak english. I suggest to put a language selection in Gramps before continuing to speak with him, and also put a 3-second timer for each single dialogue to prevent the players from skipping all those warnings WP already putted...

Thank you for this suggestion! Me, I'm really new here man, I just got into Ragnarok two days before OBT. Yes, I never even read that "item scams you" pinned thread. I came from RO:EXE 3 years ago. it's different than iro man, and this situation is completely new to me. I am not aware of this man, this is common since 5 years ago, but I just got into this game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users