Market searching on transcendence - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Market searching on transcendence

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
26 replies to this topic

#1 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Quit

Posted 20 January 2020 - 01:48 PM

Because no one looks at proposal threads.

What's going on with market searching? You knew ragial was going down and will have tons of shops. The server is now fully opened and we still don't have a way to search shops. Do you just don't care anymore?

Or am I missing something?

#2 TrueMaster

TrueMaster

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts
  • LocationFar Northern California
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie->Chaos

Posted 20 January 2020 - 06:26 PM

Basically this is the same thing I was wondering about for chaos, when it returns, that i posted in another thread. A big part of my PvM game play is the market experience. Ragial being phased out as it is bot based without a replacement is like a removal of very valued feature of game play.

Aside from this there is just little to no communication from the GMs and CMs these days about what is actually being done direction wise, rather than what they hope could possibly happen in the far vague distant future. Its mind boggling that there is still no real info what the updates are on the months down chaos server besides a single post that is from before the server was taken down.

#3 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts

Posted 20 January 2020 - 06:31 PM

Chaos has those crummy market search tickets at least

#4 tofuscramble

tofuscramble

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 January 2020 - 07:25 PM

I hate to be contrarian but no market search makes the market more, uhh, dynamic, if that's the right word?  With ragial, people just rush to whatever shop happens to be selling the item at the lowest price.  Obviously it's annoying as hell wading through the crapton of shops, but I've found some amazing deals from shops tucked away in hidden corners, and I think that's kind of neat.

Regardless, I'm sure they're bound to add in something to mitigate this, like the aforementioned search ticket things.

#5 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts

Posted 20 January 2020 - 07:45 PM

Having no form of finding out where certain items is retarded. If you're idea of fun and dynamic is searching a whole store in real life to try to find one item, remind me not to hang around you. If you can search for items doesn't mean you can browse around.

The problem is warpportal releases things half baked and are famous for not fixing it. The worst of it is they leave everyone in the dark.

#6 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 20 January 2020 - 08:32 PM

https://forums.warpp...e/#entry2941936

#7 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts

Posted 20 January 2020 - 08:37 PM

I think it’s actually fun to browse shops one by one? I remember back in thRO, Morroc was a market town. Each part represented different type of items such as consumables, high end items, low end items, cards, etc. There were only hundreds of hundreds of shops. Town was almost unplayable hahaha

Edited by nyyaan, 21 January 2020 - 12:59 AM.

#8 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 20 January 2020 - 08:39 PM

Boy, it'd be great if kRO weren't so darn selfish.

#9 Drupische

Drupische

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 147 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 20 January 2020 - 08:43 PM

Come to think of it, weren't towns in RO meant to be crowded like they are in the first place? I remember back in the mid-2000s most of Prontera being covered in shops. Also, I also like shopping around looking for the best deals. I find things like Ragial lead to a race to the bottom-kind of economy, which is never good.

#10 GKole

GKole

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 21 January 2020 - 07:19 AM

I hate to be contrarian but no market search makes the market more, uhh, dynamic, if that's the right word?  With ragial, people just rush to whatever shop happens to be selling the item at the lowest price.  Obviously it's annoying as hell wading through the crapton of shops, but I've found some amazing deals from shops tucked away in hidden corners, and I think that's kind of neat.

Regardless, I'm sure they're bound to add in something to mitigate this, like the aforementioned search ticket things.

This is so true. The market is much more fluid and you can definitely find deals here and there. That being said this new system where everyone who is VIP can vend is NOT a good fit for a time without ragial because of how insanely crowded every town is. Finding a particular thing is definitely an effort which I would be ok with (As you say, its kinda cool) if they limited vending back to merchants so things aren't so out of control. 

#11 KottyM

KottyM

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 21 January 2020 - 07:22 AM

+1 Window Shopper Catalogs

Catalogs.jpg

ugcimuj.png

Edited by kottyxp, 21 January 2020 - 07:24 AM.

#12 ArslamBR

ArslamBR

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 21 January 2020 - 07:52 AM

The merchant is very good at the moment. Do not change this dynamic. People need to learn not to be lazy and look for their items before they buy.

#13 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts

Posted 21 January 2020 - 07:53 AM

You Fing bonkers? Let's go through 1000+ shops

#14 ArslamBR

ArslamBR

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 21 January 2020 - 07:59 AM

Are you from the nutella generation? That's why you are so upset about it. Does everything have to be always at hand and your way?

#15 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts

Posted 21 January 2020 - 08:16 AM

I played since the game was released in 2003. If you don't like the way the community does things on iRO go play on another server.

Awesome assumption fail.

Edited by ShoLin, 21 January 2020 - 08:17 AM.

#16 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 21 January 2020 - 08:20 AM

boa gado

#17 Valtios

Valtios

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 21 January 2020 - 09:25 AM

Are you from the nutella generation? That's why you are so upset about it. Does everything have to be always at hand and your way?

Every time that I read something like this I imagine a grandpa saying something like "Back in my day, we didn't have shoes and we had to walk a lot of miles to go to school".

#18 ArslamBR

ArslamBR

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 21 January 2020 - 10:05 AM

I played since the game was released in 2003. If you don't like the way the community does things on iRO go play on another server.

Awesome assumption fail.

To begin with, you are the one complaining about the game as it is and not me. That's what you've been doing since the beginning of ROT. In addition you are xenophobic, you have shown this in other comments. You are the one who should look for another place, since you don't like to talk and play with Brazilians.

#19 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts

Posted 21 January 2020 - 11:05 AM

I think you do not know what that word means. I don't care where you're from. If can't communicate with you it's a pain in the ass. If I can communicate with you fine, I don't care if you're from Pluto. Moreover, I've had people from Mexico in my guild, they spoke perfect English. I did not care where they were from.

We're not going to change the way we do things, because you feel like it should change.

What you're suggesting is highly impractical and leads to shady selling practices.

I've worked damn hard to get where I am. I'm not going to give up my quality of life options, because some random person does not like them. Let's just go back to the stone age where we had to hunt for our food. Buying a steak from the super market is too easy and is a hand out.

Edited by ShoLin, 21 January 2020 - 11:10 AM.

#20 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts

Posted 21 January 2020 - 11:18 AM

You Fing bonkers? Let's go through 1000+ shops

And that’s one of RO nostalgia feelings

#21 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts

Posted 21 January 2020 - 11:38 AM

and I remember how bloody stupid it was.

#22 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 21 January 2020 - 12:03 PM

the novelty is fun for the first days

but its just frustrating afterwards

#23 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts

Posted 21 January 2020 - 12:08 PM

The biggest question is why didn't they have something ready when beta ended. Guess the meme of RO is it's in perpetual beta.

Edited by ShoLin, 21 January 2020 - 12:12 PM.

#24 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 21 January 2020 - 12:18 PM

a lot of the "whys" comes down to using re:start as a base and transforming into renewal, rather than using chaos as a base. It's a lot of work that could've been avoided that's creating an immense backlog of missing QoL.

#25 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts

Posted 21 January 2020 - 12:58 PM

So WP being WP

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users