Sudden (and often) game crashing - Transcendence Technical Support / Bug Reports - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Sudden (and often) game crashing

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 8398130604201343757

I am New.

• New Members
  • 8 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 30 January 2020 - 06:44 PM

Hello, there!

Since the last week or so I'm having these crash issues. They happen pretty often (20~25min or so) every time I'm playing the game. The game freezes for 1 second and then closes, leaving no error pop-up or warn, so I guess that's even harder to track down where this problem comes from.

I've already tried:

- reinstalling the game;

- reinstalling and manually patching the game;

- unninstaling, cleaning registry and other tracks, installing a fresh version on a different disk;

- all the above, updating EAC and Sakray before running the game launcher.

I just don't know how to deal with this. I was hopeful this would be fixed within a patch or so, but it didn't so far.

Anyone there having the same problem? Any ideas on how to solve this?

#2 8398130604201343757

I am New.

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 February 2020 - 09:01 AM

No insights on how to solve this?

#3 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 02 February 2020 - 09:46 AM

Hello,

Download Appcrashview, the link is found at the bottom of this page.

See if there's any relevant and recent error to Ragnarok. If you do find any post them here or in a PM.

Also I'd suggest going through manual patching guidelines here, as it may require more than once to repatch.

You don't need to patch up Sakray by the way.

#4 8398130604201343757

I am New.

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 February 2020 - 12:10 PM

This is what I'm getting from the AppCrashView you've suggested.

Spoiler most recent code error

Spoiler this one is from last week before i reinstall the game

If any of this helps, I can deliver more of these reports, since i got lots of them: 

EnsfdeX.jpg

I've already tried manually patching the game, tho. Still crashing. :c

#5 boomhowier

boomhowier

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 February 2020 - 12:49 PM

not sure if this will help, i also was experiencing odd crashes and sometimes a computer lock up. i switched to windowed mode and haven't had a crash or freeze while playing since.

#6 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 03 February 2020 - 12:50 AM

Thank you.

Are you on a laptop?

Just checking, Intel HD Graphics DLLs are coming up and if I recall correctly those do not work well with RO. This was reported some time ago, it may have been fixed by then but I am not sure if this is the problem here.

I'd suggest a couple of things so please try to go through them one at a time

• Manually update the graphic drivers from the manufacturer website instead of using Windows Updater.
  • Double check Setup.exe found in RO folder, ensure it is being launched as an admin and the settings are set appropriately.
  • Manually update the sound drivers from the manufacturer website instead of using Windows Updater.
  • Double check your Antivirus that it is up to date, all of RO exe files are whitelisted, the same goes for EAC folder.
  • If you have a secondary device at home, copy-paste game folder and test if the crash happens. I am honestly suspecting it being a hardware/driver issue but that test will tell us.
  • Make sure Windows is updated, this will update DirectX with it.

Forgot to ask, did you download RO through Steam or from the WP website?

#7 8398130604201343757

I am New.

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 February 2020 - 11:17 AM

not sure if this will help, i also was experiencing odd crashes and sometimes a computer lock up. i switched to windowed mode and haven't had a crash or freeze while playing since.

Will check this out! Thanks for the tip!

Thank you.

Are you on a laptop?

Just checking, Intel HD Graphics DLLs are coming up and if I recall correctly those do not work well with RO. This was reported some time ago, it may have been fixed by then but I am not sure if this is the problem here.

I'd suggest a couple of things so please try to go through them one at a time

• Manually update the graphic drivers from the manufacturer website instead of using Windows Updater.
  • Double check Setup.exe found in RO folder, ensure it is being launched as an admin and the settings are set appropriately.
  • Manually update the sound drivers from the manufacturer website instead of using Windows Updater.
  • Double check your Antivirus that it is up to date, all of RO exe files are whitelisted, the same goes for EAC folder.
  • If you have a secondary device at home, copy-paste game folder and test if the crash happens. I am honestly suspecting it being a hardware/driver issue but that test will tell us.
  • Make sure Windows is updated, this will update DirectX with it.

Forgot to ask, did you download RO through Steam or from the WP website?

Yea, I'm on a Lenovo Legion series. I downloaded RO from the warpportal website only.

Gonna check all of these, and will test the game for today. I'll bring back more info after doing this.

Thanks for the help!

#8 BixoDaGoiaba

BixoDaGoiaba

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 February 2020 - 08:25 AM

I'm having this problem too, already tried everything but the game keeping just shoting down by no reason, no error msg, no crash msg....

#9 8398130604201343757

I am New.

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 February 2020 - 02:09 PM

Looks like the fullscreen mode was triggering these crashes. Ever since I changed the settings to window mode I had only one crash, and I was afk when it happened.

I'm having this problem too, already tried everything but the game keeping just shoting down by no reason, no error msg, no crash msg....

Are you playing in fullscreen mode? If so, you may want to change it for window mode. This one tip was the most efficient for me so far, despite doing all the stuff mentioned here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users