I want Ragial Back - Page 3 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

I want Ragial Back

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
74 replies to this topic

#51 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 March 2020 - 01:08 PM

1. make it web version

2. show vending history

3. give option to watch/tag certain item

The problem with making it a web version is that you can no longer buy what you want on the spot, which means going back to the basic concept of ragial by finding the coords.

Also another issue, vending history is a bit bad because it paints a biased picture of pricing, granted without it there is NO picture of pricing, but I have yet to convince myself which is worse, under/overselling due to my own incompetence, or being tricked by people -_- with vend history.

That last option though would be neat, if it could RODEX you when an item came up that was able to be purchased (aka prevent people from setting up cap zeny vends).

#52 folkvangr

folkvangr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1180 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:EAC suc

Posted 15 March 2020 - 03:20 PM

The problem with making it a web version is that you can no longer buy what you want on the spot, which means going back to the basic concept of ragial by finding the coords.

Also another issue, vending history is a bit bad because it paints a biased picture of pricing, granted without it there is NO picture of pricing, but I have yet to convince myself which is worse, under/overselling due to my own incompetence, or being tricked by people -_- with vend history.

That last option though would be neat, if it could RODEX you when an item came up that was able to be purchased (aka prevent people from setting up cap zeny vends).

1. navigating were never the problem due where you can /navi. an ingame feature.

2. sure, but the price is fair. by nature ppl will always want to sell high, buy low, demand and supply thingy. let the market regulate themself, then if u see someone manipulating price history (ex. by maxed vend) you punish em.

by having history means more views;  if you sell specific / rare item. ppl will not always see it, but when they do. they can contact you by rodex or something else.

3. and those thing are easier to do in web version/less reseource heavy than in game.

by having web version, you can access it anywhere; means more view for your shop; more potential buyer.

WANTING RAGIAL BACK =/= SUPPORTING BOT

sure ragial was running by bot. but the system are in right place. botless ragial is the way to go

kro has web version, why not ppl push it to get it here than arguing about this

#53 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 15 March 2020 - 03:53 PM

1. navigating were never the problem due where you can /navi. an ingame feature.

2. sure, but the price is fair. by nature ppl will always want to sell high, buy low, demand and supply thingy. let the market regulate themself, then if u see someone manipulating price history (ex. by maxed vend) you punish em.

by having history means more views;  if you sell specific / rare item. ppl will not always see it, but when they do. they can contact you by rodex or something else.

3. and those thing are easier to do in web version/less reseource heavy than in game.

by having web version, you can access it anywhere; means more view for your shop; more potential buyer.

WANTING RAGIAL BACK =/= SUPPORTING BOT

sure ragial was running by bot. but the system are in right place. botless ragial is the way to go

kro has web version, why not ppl push it to get it here than arguing about this

You can use /navi, but I still prefer the one bonus of the board method in that I don't HAVE to go to the vender.

It is and it isn't. It does help if people are good, however it does nothing if they exploit the system. No one got punished by price fixing with the markets.

I get what you mean, but then I think you miss the entire point. By making it a web only entry, it means that you can't get those features in the game itself. If you for example were away from your RO client, what's the point of knowing if an item is available if you are unable to even buy it. It's like going to a swimming pool and forgetting your togs.

I am not saying ragial was bad, but I am saying that if they were to make improvements, I would rather it be directly in the game itself rather then a website; since, I can take action when in a game, I cannot otherwise unless I suddenly prioritize making a mad dash for my client to do X.

#54 folkvangr

folkvangr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1180 posts
  • Server:EAC suc

Posted 15 March 2020 - 04:13 PM

You can use /navi, but I still prefer the one bonus of the board method in that I don't HAVE to go to the vender.

It is and it isn't. It does help if people are good, however it does nothing if they exploit the system. No one got punished by price fixing with the markets.

I get what you mean, but then I think you miss the entire point. By making it a web only entry, it means that you can't get those features in the game itself. If you for example were away from your RO client, what's the point of knowing if an item is available if you are unable to even buy it. It's like going to a swimming pool and forgetting your togs.

I am not saying ragial was bad, but I am saying that if they were to make improvements, I would rather it be directly in the game itself rather then a website; since, I can take action when in a game, I cannot otherwise unless I suddenly prioritize making a mad dash for my client to do X.

shopping board are just free catalogue thingy that has been already in game.

make it available outside the game is the whole point. do you really need to be 24/7 in game to scan market ?

what's the point of knowing if an item is available if you are unable to even buy it. It's like going to a swimming pool and forgetting your togs.

>  you know the vendor name, you can try contact them it. atleast you know it has been on sale. and might be on sale later. rather than scanning 24/7 in game and wait for specific time the vendor is up.

tru. i'm not saying exclusive web or only shopping board. why not have both ?

but when ragial was still up, iro market whas a whole lot better experience than this.

#55 ninJedi

ninJedi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1240 posts
  • LocationPH: I don't wanna disconnect, Mr.Smart
  • Server:Thor

Posted 15 March 2020 - 06:14 PM

Yeah, why not just request to have both the shopping boards and the web/offline version at the same time?
The window shopper catalogue and ragial already co-existed before you know.

Having only 1 of either is such "black or white" thinking : P

Edited by ninJedi, 15 March 2020 - 06:25 PM.

#56 markoh1988

markoh1988

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1645 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 15 March 2020 - 06:31 PM

i believe one of the guild leader in iRO working to bring back ragial. hopefully Campitor will work out something with them. 

GM can actually work out a area in prontera to be scan and update to playragnarok website. not sure how it work but i do know some private server actually do it. And together with the board, it should help. 

win win situation eh. 

#57 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 15 March 2020 - 07:00 PM

You could make your own ragial, but still need bots to datamine, that means that while you could arrange a similar concept like what ragial had, you would need to fund the more advanced botting software yourself in order to sustain it, and then need to hope that they don't abuse such things.

#58 EdwinKuswanto

EdwinKuswanto

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 861 posts
  • Server:[Renewa]Chaos

Posted 16 March 2020 - 01:44 AM

Sometime I forgot, I forgot if this game is an ancient game, instead of upgrade or update for me I think this game need to replaced, its belong to a museum or maybe Im the one who need to stop and go play new modern game like BDO or MS2.

Look at the Fishing Quest Event, or 4th Seal Quest (Mjolnir), this game is the only game literally wanting us to do "RPing" in game, which means its lame AF and so stupid,

Using Ragial letting player know an item really exist or not, and it even can redirect player to the database for more detailed information,  and find the right and true price for their gear they want, when the last time the item sold, and who is selling it.

By using ragial I can learn and doing experiment by examine gears, for example: I have/looking for a card "A". and ragial show me the card and also a gears with exact card attached in it, this lead to me to learn what gear best for the card and where to obtained it.

Ragial can help players to find the perfect gear, and correct price for the gear, it even can show all item people wanted (buy vendor), to guide player what things they can farm for zenny.

Ragnarok server store the game data, they suppose to capable to provide a better search system in game without using bot, its exist in another game, there is a game with auction system, and the search system is not as stupid like in current Ragnarok, Ragnarok online have 10001 gears, 10001 weapons, 10001 cards, 10001 headgear, 10001 consumable items, 10001 costume, 10001 general/common items a really good search system is needed.

Oh and your Simple anti cheat bull-_- is not working, your newest server is populated with high concentrate bots, you fail so hard, your management, your concept, and your new server/client is an utter failure its belong to garbage,

Disabled all your server and never back to online before you found a correct/proper idea on how to get rid those bots.

#59 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 16 March 2020 - 03:06 AM

i mean, having the old ragial + the board (essentially free Golden Catalogues) does the job of keeping track of everything everywhere, plus you dont have to move to buy it. Still limited to the same map on the board tho, wich i don't think they are able to change.

#60 Ultimate

Ultimate

Ultimate Event Inventor

• Members
  • 2915 posts
  • LocationValhalla Dwarf NPC

Posted 16 March 2020 - 03:12 AM

you dont have to relog, just close the board and click it again, it will have 1 search again

That's not the issue at all. The searches simply fail. Trying "Bloody Branch" as normal or partial search and it fails every time. Then search for Battle Manual X3 and you get results, then search for Bloody Branch and you get results.

Found out you need to CLICK search, not just hit enter

Edited by Ultimate, 17 March 2020 - 03:52 AM.

#61 Morning12345

Morning12345

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 16 March 2020 - 08:38 PM

This board search system is so useless. Who came up with this? Look at Path of Diablo trade system a free mod for Diablo 2. It's maintain by just one guy and a bunch of developers doing it for FREE and they can come up with a better and more intuitive trade system that WORKS.

#62 1158130105211152277

I am New.

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 June 2020 - 10:40 PM

Why not someone try do the system Warframe uses (google Warframe market).

Its basically a player run web market where you submit what you want to buy/sell, and update it yourself as required. It wouldn't be as good as Ragial, but it shows that a system managed by the players themselves works fine.

Obviously a few tweaks would need to be made to accommodate to the different game i.e location or wiping item listings if the player hasn't updated the listing in 24 hours or something (just to keep the list fresh), but would solve all the problems with just a bit of effort from the player-base (And whoever makes the site LOL)

If it works there, why can't it work here?

Edited by 1158130105211152277, 14 June 2020 - 10:41 PM.

#63 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 14 June 2020 - 11:22 PM

I can't even search which kinds of costumes are available.

If we're not going to have ragial back, might as well improve the shopping board:

- Remove case sensitivity and any form of sensitivity

- Remove search results limit

- Allow Pressing Enter to input the keyword instead of requiring to click the search button - This definitely can be done because this is possible with storage search

- Remove 1 search limit per board click - Why tf is this bug even on there? It's a bug, not a feature if it's that stupid.

#64 SaintMullah12

SaintMullah12

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 93 posts

Posted 15 June 2020 - 12:12 AM

No keep the market board as it is unpredictable and unstable good for players who has the patience to check and scan under valued items or gears

#65 AlsonFam

AlsonFam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1181 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 16 June 2020 - 03:11 AM

Every time I wanted to sell an item, I need to go to shopping board and search for the item and check for the price so that I won't sell overprice. Imagine I need to do this for 12 items to sell. I need to click shopping board again for every item   :omg:

Edited by AlsonFam, 16 June 2020 - 08:36 PM.

#66 azumak1

azumak1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1347 posts
  • Server:Chaos!

Posted 16 June 2020 - 07:57 AM

Every time I wanted to sell an item, I need to go to shopping board and search for the item and check for the prize so that I won't sell overprice. Imagine I need to do this for 12 items to sell. I need to click shopping board again for every item   :omg:

Wait, you vend things at prices to actually sell them?! I thought I was the only one!! I figured people got exp for vending the same 12 items for weeks at at time. :)

#67 3377150515144125080

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 June 2020 - 03:20 PM

I am having so much trouble getting that catalogue search to work half the time. After typing in "Wedding Veil" so many times and having the damn thing tell me that item does not exist when I have 3 in my inventory is HORRIBLE. I am very much torn on how there is no longer a history for items being sold anymore. I can't tell if what I am selling has gone down in price since last I played to now. (Mind you, I have not played in about a year or so.)

#68 JadeMountain

JadeMountain

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 671 posts

Posted 16 June 2020 - 05:10 PM

let developer play RO as merchant himself.  Do you know how bad to retype the price ever time?

You will need another account stand in sell board to check price and another in his place to set up shop. You have to type type type to search price and adjust it.

old ragial it only take a mouse move to see price.

The main city full of venders to sell is not a healthy sigh

everyone nowaday can only focus limited items to manage to sell

Edited by JadeMountain, 16 June 2020 - 05:12 PM.

#69 yaguhLOLOL

yaguhLOLOL

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1076 posts
  • LocationiRO Valkyrie
  • Server:AWOL

Posted 16 June 2020 - 07:33 PM

I just got back to RO and will def say I miss ragial!

The new board wouldn't be so bad if they allowed us to do multiple searches at once & the search extended beyond city.

Also sucks because I don't know the location of the boards per city~

#70 AlsonFam

AlsonFam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1181 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 16 June 2020 - 08:35 PM

Wait, you vend things at prices to actually sell them?! I thought I was the only one!! I figured people got exp for vending the same 12 items for weeks at at time. :)

Of course I will sell at price so that I can sell them faster  :gg:  I usually open vend when Ragial is still exist back then. But since Shopping Board and exist, I seldom online now. Why?

Shopping board only located at certain area and Prontera is so big that I need to use flywing to reach there every time I teleport back to Prontera. I need to use capital 1st letter on every search and some times can't search with only one sentence. For example when I wanna buy Old Card Album, I need to fill in "Old Card" instead of "Old" to view the result. 

#71 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4118 posts

Posted 16 June 2020 - 08:48 PM

Prontera needs more shopping board, on west, east, and north kafra

The available board area are very laggy with too many vendors

#72 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 16 June 2020 - 09:54 PM

Ragial may come back, but even if it happens, ragial will most likely to be unable to scan offline vendors. This means that you will not be able to see more than half of the shops on the server.

Edited by LordYggdrasill, 16 June 2020 - 09:59 PM.

#73 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 16 June 2020 - 10:04 PM

Shopping board is pretty good. I just wish that the search wasn't limited to 1 per time.

#74 wasabee

wasabee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 687 posts
  • LocationDarkroom
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 28 June 2020 - 10:48 PM

This is why i missed ragial so much. It far better than this lame shopping board. It got history so if you wanna vend rare item or the item that no one vend at least the history shown how much the item is was vend before. Plus the page also shown the cheapest item in 1st page and if you are lucky enough, you could get your dream gear/card or etc and hunt the store before anybody else snatch it. 

#75 sexygamer1311

sexygamer1311

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 29 June 2020 - 03:14 AM

I was considering returning to RO, the shopping board was the last nail in the coffin.

Normally when something new comes, it is expected to be better than the previous one. Here some smart people decided stone age is better than current era.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users