[CHAOS] Giving away EQs for new starters - Page 2 - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 6 votes

[CHAOS] Giving away EQs for new starters

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
572 replies to this topic

#26 Fi3ryd4rkness

Fi3ryd4rkness

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 March 2020 - 09:40 AM

Hi Storm,

Love what you're doing to get the game to be more newbie friendly! Purely new player here, staying home and gaming to flatten the corona curve.

IGN: NmZDeadEye
Class: Rebellion level 102/12

Server: Chaos

My friends and I are stuck at level 95-105 (they are already on ascended high class). I've been reading a lot of stuff on iRO wiki but cant really find out what to do at 100+. We grinded at Dark Priest to get here. Been trying Gramps but cant survive without leeching off senior players, and have no idea how to get more money and what gears to get (everything recommended in iRO is crazy expensive).

Any help would be much appreciated! 

#27 stormchell

stormchell

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 409 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 March 2020 - 01:58 PM

hello,

i just got back after 8+ years too. trying to make a hunter. currently i'm still a novice that can't even afford arrows lol. any help you can give would be greatly appreicated. ign TruSh0t with a zero. thanks

Sent to you my friend! Please check mail function.

Same here man. I started playing RO back in 2004 I believe when I still in the Philippines. 16 years ago and I started playing again two days ago and it's a little difficult to get used to the game again but i'm having fun. I'm an acolyte right now just like what SilvEnx said, any help would be greatly appreciated!  Still using a novice mace :)

character name: ev@n 

Class: Acolyte

Level: 17

*I just logged in and servers are up as of 7:03PM PST*

Sent to you as well!

Next to the cash shop item, you will see a blinking icon when you get mail. Click this, and it will go to your mail function.

You can send and receive money from there.

Alternatively, when you ALT+V, notice how it opens up your level dettails etc? Underneath it theres a bar with an arrow pointing down. There should be a red "N" square if you get a new mail.

Click it, and click the mail function.

#28 stormchell

stormchell

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 409 posts

Posted 28 March 2020 - 02:02 PM

Hi Storm,

Love what you're doing to get the game to be more newbie friendly! Purely new player here, staying home and gaming to flatten the corona curve.

IGN: NmZDeadEye
Class: Rebellion level 102/12

My friends and I are stuck at level 95-105 (they are already on ascended high class). I've been reading a lot of stuff on iRO wiki but cant really find out what to do at 100+. We grinded at Dark Priest to get here. Been trying Gramps but cant survive without leeching off senior players, and have no idea how to get more money and what gears to get (everything recommended in iRO is crazy expensive).

Any help would be much appreciated! 

Hey Hey!

Before I send you EQs, I want to ask if you already have the "Probation" guns? They can be obtained from the vending machines to the left of Prontera. The guns are around 1m each, and designed for new Rebellions (100+).

I just made a Rebel myself. Basically what you want is to get Round Trip ASAP. When I was at Nogg till 102ish, I used water converters and just spammed desperado. I died a lot...

Once u get round trip, get a Probation gatling gun, and you're set for a loooong time. It's a cheap AOE skill with a lot of damage.

Let me know if you already have the Probation guns, and what firearm you use currently. I will get it for you. Though for Round Trip, miniguns are the weapon to be used.

To know where you should level, I use EXP Scaler here: http://healplz.com/exp/

Type ur level, then set the range to 20, and you'll see monsters in BLUE

Those monsters are the ones appropriate for ur level and scales well.

Anything red/green is outside of range and won't get you optimal EXP.

Hope this help~!

#29 ancap

ancap

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 March 2020 - 05:29 PM

hi i'm a returning player with 103 gx and 103 geneticist

ign : DanielFraga

Server : CHaos

#30 Fi3ryd4rkness

Fi3ryd4rkness

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 March 2020 - 01:27 AM

Hey Hey!

Before I send you EQs, I want to ask if you already have the "Probation" guns? They can be obtained from the vending machines to the left of Prontera. The guns are around 1m each, and designed for new Rebellions (100+).

I just made a Rebel myself. Basically what you want is to get Round Trip ASAP. When I was at Nogg till 102ish, I used water converters and just spammed desperado. I died a lot...

Once u get round trip, get a Probation gatling gun, and you're set for a loooong time. It's a cheap AOE skill with a lot of damage.

Let me know if you already have the Probation guns, and what firearm you use currently. I will get it for you. Though for Round Trip, miniguns are the weapon to be used.

To know where you should level, I use EXP Scaler here: http://healplz.com/exp/

Type ur level, then set the range to 20, and you'll see monsters in BLUE

Those monsters are the ones appropriate for ur level and scales well.

Anything red/green is outside of range and won't get you optimal EXP.

Hope this help~!

I know the probation guns, but they cost quite a hefty sum so I was aiming to buy Minigun instead.

I am using Butcher, saved up some money to buy the 1000 orc and 1000 skel from people (realized I should have just crafted the cheaper gattling weapon, while waiting to buy Minigun).
Sub weapon is the Feather & Hell pistol to use when Im out of SP. I have ~45 INT so I can Round Trip quite a bit before having to switch for ~2 mins.

How do you bolster up your defense? I am getting 400-600 dmg each hit from mobs my level. I see other non-knight chars being able to tank mobs without Aco slave.

Any maps you recommend that is mobby but with room to breathe when Im out of SP? Also, how do you sustain your SP expenditure?

#31 stormchell

stormchell

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 409 posts

Posted 29 March 2020 - 03:41 AM

hi i'm a returning player with 103 gx and 103 geneticist

ign : DanielFraga

Server : CHaos

Hello! I'll send items your way tomorrow since it's nearly midnight here!

I know the probation guns, but they cost quite a hefty sum so I was aiming to buy Minigun instead.

I am using Butcher, saved up some money to buy the 1000 orc and 1000 skel from people (realized I should have just crafted the cheaper gattling weapon, while waiting to buy Minigun).
Sub weapon is the Feather & Hell pistol to use when Im out of SP. I have ~45 INT so I can Round Trip quite a bit before having to switch for ~2 mins.

How do you bolster up your defense? I am getting 400-600 dmg each hit from mobs my level. I see other non-knight chars being able to tank mobs without Aco slave.

Any maps you recommend that is mobby but with room to breathe when Im out of SP? Also, how do you sustain your SP expenditure?

TBH I don't bolster defence at all xD. Until you get Round Trip it's just the matter of making sure your element for desperado matches the monsters (eg Nogg, use water converters).

For SP, I use a rideword hat. Only recently +9 it. It's not much but does help with the SP. Otherwise I use light blue potions, 5KP for a pack of 20 which isnt bad.

I have a +12 white eddga hat that I poach for other characters (share it around), so I remember using it for the attack buff every now and then. But mostly I use rideword for SP leech.

If you have an evil dragon armor, that can give you SP leech too.

And apart from Nogg, I reccomend Gramps? You can always tele back to entrance to recover, then off you go again.

I'm more than happy to get you a probation gatling gun for Round Trip! Let me know if you'd like this and I'll send one your way. The weapon scales well the more you lv up and plus you get the fire rain bonus.

#32 Fi3ryd4rkness

Fi3ryd4rkness

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 March 2020 - 05:59 AM

Hello! I'll send items your way tomorrow since it's nearly midnight here!

TBH I don't bolster defence at all xD. Until you get Round Trip it's just the matter of making sure your element for desperado matches the monsters (eg Nogg, use water converters).

For SP, I use a rideword hat. Only recently +9 it. It's not much but does help with the SP. Otherwise I use light blue potions, 5KP for a pack of 20 which isnt bad.

I have a +12 white eddga hat that I poach for other characters (share it around), so I remember using it for the attack buff every now and then. But mostly I use rideword for SP leech.

If you have an evil dragon armor, that can give you SP leech too.

And apart from Nogg, I reccomend Gramps? You can always tele back to entrance to recover, then off you go again.

I'm more than happy to get you a probation gatling gun for Round Trip! Let me know if you'd like this and I'll send one your way. The weapon scales well the more you lv up and plus you get the fire rain bonus.

If its not too much too ask, yes please, probation gattling would be extremely helpful. I guess once I start oneshotting them, defense wont matter lol.

How to obtain a rideword hat? I read online about it and found out it was supposed to be an item quest, sadly disabled for iRO (or they moved the quest giver). Does the HP/SP leech trigger while casting physical dmg skill or only auto attacks?

Kept dying too quickly in Gramps mid tier. I cant sustain the SP needed to be in Nogg solo.... Unless I burn a lot of money into strawberries. Also, I havent found a convenient way to get to Nogg, without walking too much. 

Edited by Fi3ryd4rkness, 29 March 2020 - 07:25 AM.

#33 6577191221155657310

I am New.

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 March 2020 - 09:24 AM

Xposted from the Community chat since I just realized this sub is probably more appropriate... whoops.

Mods, please feel free to remove this if this is not allowed.

Just realized I have a bunch leftover gear in my storage and cart and I would like to donate these to new players/veterans returning to iRO again after a long time.

This is for Chaos server only.

Most of these are "jank" items like Ph.D hat, Crown, random level 3 weapons, etc etc that I got mainly from Endless Tower and Instances. Nothing too special, but can be used till players get better gears in the future.

I know there's Eden Gear and everything, and of course they'll be strictly better in some aspects, but I'm hoping to be able to help out.

If any of you are returning players or new players, can you please send me a PM with your character name in-game, level, and class? I will Rodex you the appropriate items.

No catch.

Cheers!  :D

ETA: Adding this for my own reference
Items given so far: 62
Players helped: 12

Thanks a bunch dude!

Edited by 6577191221155657310, 29 March 2020 - 09:25 AM.

#34 stormchell

stormchell

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 409 posts

Posted 29 March 2020 - 01:36 PM

If its not too much too ask, yes please, probation gattling would be extremely helpful. I guess once I start oneshotting them, defense wont matter lol.

How to obtain a rideword hat? I read online about it and found out it was supposed to be an item quest, sadly disabled for iRO (or they moved the quest giver). Does the HP/SP leech trigger while casting physical dmg skill or only auto attacks?

Kept dying too quickly in Gramps mid tier. I cant sustain the SP needed to be in Nogg solo.... Unless I burn a lot of money into strawberries. Also, I havent found a convenient way to get to Nogg, without walking too much. 

Seems like probation guns are account bound, so I've sent you some money to get it!

Rideword Hat is a cash shop item. It procs off skills and auto attacks (e.g arrow storm, round trip etc)

And someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I swear at Eden Group there's a VIP only (pls check) dungeon teleporter. And they can teleport you to front entrance of Nogg. Again please don't quote me on this since I may be wrong. Alternatively just fly wing the hecc out of it till you get there!

#35 Fi3ryd4rkness

Fi3ryd4rkness

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 March 2020 - 09:15 PM

Seems like probation guns are account bound, so I've sent you some money to get it!

Rideword Hat is a cash shop item. It procs off skills and auto attacks (e.g arrow storm, round trip etc)

And someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I swear at Eden Group there's a VIP only (pls check) dungeon teleporter. And they can teleport you to front entrance of Nogg. Again please don't quote me on this since I may be wrong. Alternatively just fly wing the hecc out of it till you get there!

Just logged in today. Thanks so much for the items. What is the bitter herb for? Should I tame poporings with those?

Aw thats unfortunate for the hat, but the manteau helps a lot! (edit: Ooops... turns out it needs the set for SP regen)

There is a dungeon teleporter that is not VIP only but they dont go to Nogg, not sure about the VIP only teleporter. I got my buddy to memo to its front entrance, so I guess I got that covered lol.

Edited by Fi3ryd4rkness, 29 March 2020 - 09:49 PM.

#36 stormchell

stormchell

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 409 posts

Posted 30 March 2020 - 02:56 AM

Just logged in today. Thanks so much for the items. What is the bitter herb for? Should I tame poporings with those?

Aw thats unfortunate for the hat, but the manteau helps a lot! (edit: Ooops... turns out it needs the set for SP regen)

There is a dungeon teleporter that is not VIP only but they dont go to Nogg, not sure about the VIP only teleporter. I got my buddy to memo to its front entrance, so I guess I got that covered lol.

You can use it to tame poporings or sell it, or use it for future catalyst to make poisons if you make an assassin cross! :D 

And enjoy your rebel experience! Broken af class and fun!

#37 ardibuatgame

ardibuatgame

I am New.

• New Members
  • 1 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 30 March 2020 - 04:48 AM

Hi there.. So kind of you doing this. i just started playing this game. 

my id : sihealer

job : high priest

lvl 98/66

and.. yes.. people have been asking why my first char is a healer.. hahaha.. 

thank you in advance..

#38 stormchell

stormchell

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 409 posts

Posted 30 March 2020 - 11:25 AM

Hi there.. So kind of you doing this. i just started playing this game. 

my id : sihealer

job : high priest

lvl 98/66

and.. yes.. people have been asking why my first char is a healer.. hahaha.. 

thank you in advance..

Hello! Thanks for reaching out, will send items your way!

#39 10219488122731651

I am New.

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 April 2020 - 12:23 AM

Hi Strom , I really appreciated for your help and very kind heart. I'm Really new in IRO due to Thairo is closed right now. I haven't play Newest patch like IRO before and really suffering from much new things. And figuring for some help information in board, Then i found this topic ;) 
P.S. Have a good day sir!

character name: GPPs

Class: Archer

Level: 12

#40 stormchell

stormchell

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 409 posts

Posted 03 April 2020 - 02:12 PM

Hi Strom , I really appreciated for your help and very kind heart. I'm Really new in IRO due to Thairo is closed right now. I haven't play Newest patch like IRO before and really suffering from much new things. And figuring for some help information in board, Then i found this topic ;) 
P.S. Have a good day sir!

character name: GPPs

Class: Archer

Level: 12

Hello there! Will send items your way! Welcome back!

Next to the cash shop item, you will see a blinking icon when you get mail. Click this, and it will go to your mail function.

Alternatively, when you ALT+V, notice how it opens up your level dettails etc? Underneath it theres a bar with an arrow pointing down. There should be a red "N" square if you get a new mail.

#41 Hopekung

Hopekung

I am New.

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 April 2020 - 11:51 PM

Hello, thank you for this idea i am just start to play for a week.

could you support me?

Character name : NHLOveO_o

Hunter Lv.70

Sv. Chaos

#42 ForteGospel

ForteGospel

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 April 2020 - 01:01 PM

might as well ask for help too!

i've started a couple of days ago and am starting to get stuck...

lvl 79 wizard Asdala... cant find where to level up :\

Edited by ForteGospel, 05 April 2020 - 01:01 PM.

#43 Fi3ryd4rkness

Fi3ryd4rkness

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 April 2020 - 06:40 PM

Hi Asdala,

People normally hunt wraith and evil druid and dark priest (if strong enough). Actual veterans might correct me on this lol. Dont forget to get the bounty board at Geffen. They are also on spotlight at the moment, giving extra EXP.

To get to GlastHeim easily, go to Eden dungeon teleporter. Let me know if you have issues using his service.

Once you hit 85+, with strong enough AOE skills, go to gramps in Eden. Here, you want to make a party of at least, 2 AOE, 2 Puller and 2 Healers. Simply alt + C to create chat room saying "Wizard Lv. xx LFP" and hope to be recruited.

Good luck!

#44 stormchell

stormchell

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 409 posts

Posted 06 April 2020 - 02:58 AM

Hello, thank you for this idea i am just start to play for a week.

could you support me?

Character name : NHLOveO_o

Hunter Lv.70

Sv. Chaos

might as well ask for help too!

i've started a couple of days ago and am starting to get stuck...

lvl 79 wizard Asdala... cant find where to level up :\

Hello both of you! I will get on these ASAP! I just started work again after lockdown so getting a bit busier actually! Keep your eyes peeled on your Mail function!

Asdala - for Wizards, I think Grand Pecos are pretty good area for you (juno, down 1 map, down 1 map, right 2 maps). All you do is spam storm gust, and they're weak to water element if I recall correctly. The goats are weak to water as well.

Ideally you want to go hunt Harpies (one map below juno), but they can be super mobby and you can die a lot ;/

Grand pecos give alright EXP but it just enables you to spam AOE spells safely and fly wing away safely. Try that!

Edited by stormchell, 06 April 2020 - 03:00 AM.

#45 467190811172323720

I am New.

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 April 2020 - 09:52 PM

Hi Stormchell,

I just started earlier this week and I was kinda wondering if you have anything for a Rogue class? Currently on a Gank build so I'm mainly using a dagger.

Thanks a bunch!

Character name: Azura_Stratos

EDIT: Forgot to add my level, lvl 85

Edited by 467190811172323720, 08 April 2020 - 09:53 PM.

#46 stormchell

stormchell

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 409 posts

Posted 09 April 2020 - 01:20 PM

Hi Stormchell,

I just started earlier this week and I was kinda wondering if you have anything for a Rogue class? Currently on a Gank build so I'm mainly using a dagger.

Thanks a bunch!

Character name: Azura_Stratos

EDIT: Forgot to add my level, lvl 85

Will send you something after maintenance!

#47 467190811172323720

I am New.

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 April 2020 - 05:48 PM

Thank you very much!!

#48 2000625560048397

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 24 posts
  • LocationRecife,Brazil
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 09 April 2020 - 06:48 PM

Jotaro. (with a dot) lvl 1 just began leveling, will be a rebel

#49 stormchell

stormchell

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 409 posts

Posted 09 April 2020 - 09:23 PM

Jotaro. (with a dot) lvl 1 just began leveling, will be a rebel

Sent to both of you.

#50 467190811172323720

I am New.

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 April 2020 - 10:41 PM

Sent to both of you.

I just got the mail with the items. Thanks a lot again for the generosity and this will help a lot with my grind. Just to add, it is really slow to go dagger while levelling so I went with Bow moving forward to speed it up a bit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users