How are you going to pop up the population of Chaos - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

How are you going to pop up the population of Chaos

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
73 replies to this topic

#26 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 February 2020 - 05:56 PM

The problem of Chaos? It's unfix-able, that is, ... the aging. Chaos is just too old. 

#27 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 February 2020 - 12:23 AM

The active player population was about 1.2-1.3k actually with bots removed, not something like 2k. To hit 2k active players, it was a long time ago, when the server had 3k+ ppls online.

#28 Delsavior

Delsavior

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 18 February 2020 - 10:43 AM

I have an idea. Stop the multi-boxing. Everyone I see going around has at least a priest slave logged in and following them. This kind of activity makes grouping irrelevant at all levels, and people just solo. Just think of a priest out here trying to get a party, but everyone has a priest slave..... 

I play it old school. The only character not on my same account is my merchant (so I can vend whenever) and I like using storage to transfer my items between characters. It would also be nice to get a party some time, but again - multi-client with heal slave KILLS that.

Greedy players are creating their own problems, and then asking WP to fix them. That's the short of it.

Yep fully agree... Seeing everyone running around with some sort of slave (thats actually them on another account) is pretty much showing just how sad and antisocial the community is.

Normally I'd main a priest but after seeing that people rather multi box, gave up on the idea.

#29 yauhoilun

yauhoilun

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 18 February 2020 - 11:43 AM

The majority of people would not come back since they are now used to not playing the game for two months and have moved onto other things in life

The minority of people who choose to go through the trouble to reinstall the client to check out the hype would quickly find out (1) there are lots of bugs, (2) quality of life updates are trivial, and (3) there are still no new contents. These people are disappointed after waiting for such a long time. They are also accustomed to not playing for 2 months. So they too lose interest.

The two month hiatus is a big mistake.

#30 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts

Posted 18 February 2020 - 12:32 PM

The majority of people would not come back since they are now used to not playing the game for two months and have moved onto other things in life

The minority of people who choose to go through the trouble to reinstall the client to check out the hype would quickly find out (1) there are lots of bugs, (2) quality of life updates are trivial, and (3) there are still no new contents. These people are disappointed after waiting for such a long time. They are also accustomed to not playing for 2 months. So they too lose interest.

The two month hiatus is a big mistake.

The 2 month hiatus was needed and it's an inevitable :^)

#31 bearl

bearl

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2145 posts
  • Server:Warpportal Forum

Posted 18 February 2020 - 12:35 PM

to grow another server

and eventually merge to chaos

:^)

#32 Krispin2

Krispin2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 18 February 2020 - 01:26 PM

Merging RoT with chaos would be a death sentence for the trans server population.

Many players don't care for third job content and nearly twenty years of old money, god items, gear and cards would just flat out invalidate anything one does on trans.

I would instantly lose interest, and I'm sure there's more than a few like me.

Edited by Krispin2, 18 February 2020 - 01:28 PM.

#33 Tribe

Tribe

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 728 posts
  • Server:Freya

Posted 18 February 2020 - 01:28 PM

Let it die! Long live RT!!

#34 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts

Posted 18 February 2020 - 01:42 PM

Merging RoT with chaos would be a death sentence for the trans server population.
Many players don't care for third job content and nearly twenty years of old money, god items, gear and cards would just flat out invalidate anything one does on trans.
I would instantly lose interest, and I'm sure there's more than a few like me.

I dont blame you. I also wouldn't start over in Chaos at this point. The last remaining Chaos folks probably beyond godlike gods hehehw

#35 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 18 February 2020 - 04:36 PM

How to help Chaos:

1. integrate ocp as items obtained through pure grind (look at the pet evo system, it's a pretty nice idea structually) or through drops (if the item fits a monster theme like say, Phreeoni Wings).
  2. polish the game (over 70% of the stuff in the game has been done poorly, a little quality checking would go a long way (seriously, look at the item name links on the pet evo screens, we are not cosmic entities reading some forgotten language, english would suffice))
  3. stop bringing in broken content (and also proactively polish any content added as to prevent adding to #2)
  4. listen to woe feedback
  5. buff vip system
  6. actually have someone dedicate themselves to this server rather than balancing them between this and ROT
  7. only provide proper reports on things you can actively help with, kRO are not nor have they ever been reliable
  8. cap magic defense at 120 flat. ocp was always hated against with exception to mdef bypass... why? because monsters having 800 MDEF are -_- stupid. When you can stack 80% and see 2% damage increase? Yeah that sucks. Capping mdef at 120 still provides roughly a 50% defense against magic but allows magic defense bypass items to have SOME impact, that the physical side has been able to achieve. Hell, if you pulled this off you could then look at balancing out some OCP items to then bring them somewhat on par with other items without being totally stupid as -_-.
  9. bring more costumes, these should be fine methods of obtaining money and more costumes seem to come out

#36 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3525 posts

Posted 18 February 2020 - 06:01 PM

how hard was it to listen to majority of ppls and  change bio4 bounty from 160 to 175 and put nightmare clock tower bounty npc near center kafra. as we can see the majority of ppls party comes from bio4 and gramps.

#37 JaguarBlood

JaguarBlood

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 346 posts
  • LocationMidgard

Posted 18 February 2020 - 06:38 PM

Chaos is dead guys, if you keep coming back for more punishment its what they want..

Just move on with your lives and stop giving them money for doing a crap job.

Edited by JaguarBlood, 18 February 2020 - 06:39 PM.

#38 NihonHikikomoriK

NihonHikikomoriK

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 18 February 2020 - 10:58 PM

How to help Chaos:

1. integrate ocp as items obtained through pure grind (look at the pet evo system, it's a pretty nice idea structually) or through drops (if the item fits a monster theme like say, Phreeoni Wings).
  2. polish the game (over 70% of the stuff in the game has been done poorly, a little quality checking would go a long way (seriously, look at the item name links on the pet evo screens, we are not cosmic entities reading some forgotten language, english would suffice))
  3. stop bringing in broken content (and also proactively polish any content added as to prevent adding to #2)
  4. listen to woe feedback
  5. buff vip system
  6. actually have someone dedicate themselves to this server rather than balancing them between this and ROT
  7. only provide proper reports on things you can actively help with, kRO are not nor have they ever been reliable
  8. cap magic defense at 120 flat. ocp was always hated against with exception to mdef bypass... why? because monsters having 800 MDEF are -_- stupid. When you can stack 80% and see 2% damage increase? Yeah that sucks. Capping mdef at 120 still provides roughly a 50% defense against magic but allows magic defense bypass items to have SOME impact, that the physical side has been able to achieve. Hell, if you pulled this off you could then look at balancing out some OCP items to then bring them somewhat on par with other items without being totally stupid as -_-.
  9. bring more costumes, these should be fine methods of obtaining money and more costumes seem to come out

1.There was a update to MVPs on KRO where when you kill them they drop a recipe thing to create cash shop items they had MVP and class shadow sets and stuff like FAWs and other stuff able to create from mvp loot they can edit it to OCPs for us

https://www.divine-p...ses-adjustment/

2-8 Lets hope

9. I wish they update the malangdo costume enchant stones i want that -.5 FCT garment stone

Edited by NihonHikikomoriK, 18 February 2020 - 11:29 PM.

#39 bearl

bearl

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2145 posts
  • Server:Warpportal Forum

Posted 18 February 2020 - 11:04 PM

How to help Chaos:

1. integrate ocp as items obtained through pure grind (look at the pet evo system, it's a pretty nice idea structually) or through drops (if the item fits a monster theme like say, Phreeoni Wings)

OCP was kind of "farmable" years back  :heh:  :heh:

the stopped it in between OCP X & XI 

#40 Fourbid

Fourbid

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 153 posts
  • Server:RT: Chaos

Posted 18 February 2020 - 11:08 PM

How to help Chaos:

• integrate ocp as items obtained through pure grind.
  • only provide proper reports on things you can actively help with.
  • bring more costumes, these should be fine methods of obtaining money and more costumes seem to come out

Edited by GRANDRAT, 18 February 2020 - 11:09 PM.

#41 NihonHikikomoriK

NihonHikikomoriK

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 18 February 2020 - 11:25 PM

OCP was kind of "farmable" years back  :heh:  :heh:

the stopped it in between OCP X & XI 

Yea wish i caught on to that job manual from emb thing before they made the buffs to be forced and not consumables

#42 MrLekkz

MrLekkz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 18 February 2020 - 11:51 PM

I blame the 2 month hiatus.
Since Chaos came back online I didn't even bother downloading iRO's client.
Never played pservers. Because of the hiatus I started playing one with 2 friends (that also played iRO). No plans to come back.
If you check Discord you can see that the same has happened to other fellow iRO players.

TLDR: hiatus was a big mistake.

#43 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 19 February 2020 - 12:47 AM

TLDR: hiatus was a big mistake.

Big mistake or all according to keikaku?

#44 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts

Posted 19 February 2020 - 05:06 AM

How to help Chaos

I’d been suggesting for years now since OCPs came out to give them as rewards in WoE, this would greatly improve WoE rewarding system and somewhat give people a big reason to do WoE. Again, PvM contents get boring at one point after repetitively doing but WoE is different. There are only limited updates iRO can ask to get from kRO. If having enough participants, WoE won’t ever be boring as we just never know how it will end. Sometimes you lose. Sometime you win. It’s much more dynamic than PvM can ever be. There hasn’t been a single server, official or private, that survives without WoE but there are plenty of servers that survive without new PvM contents as long as WoE remains active and healthy. However you were one of those people who were so against this idea but that’s ok. We’ve passed through that point.

Pretty much I’ve actually moved on from the Gioia event. I would play game again if WoE somehow was active. After seeing how pathetic state Chaos has turned into just after a year of the event, I actually feel bad for Camp and Warpportal and I want to support the game again. I just know I was not crazy to be so aggressively against the idea of the event. I used to feel satisfying that some PvM folks who supported the event and bashed WoE folks also now quit after trying so hard to farm MVP cards. I used to dislike so much when I heard that WoE was not important, this is the best event ever, Gioia? Yes!, etc. Honestly, I was happy when I heard that Chaos was put into hiatus and a new server RoT was made but this was already expected to begin with. Tasting the revenge and vengeance can be sweet but it is just bad in the long run and it’s idiotic. Now no one gets to enjoy the game. Over all, I wish iRO would be a successful server.

So before Chaos closes, I wanna quit the game with good memories hahaha ... so Camp, merge Thor and Chaos ... when? Don’t be shy or stubborn :P

Edited by nyyaan, 19 February 2020 - 05:17 AM.

#45 junioran

junioran

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 371 posts

Posted 19 February 2020 - 05:48 AM

What u talking about many ppl have been enjoying RO just fine, just not on this server :D move on my chuunibyou brotha

Edited by junioran, 19 February 2020 - 05:48 AM.

#46 AaronP2W

AaronP2W

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 912 posts
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 19 February 2020 - 06:37 AM

this is why Chaos is dead

#47 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts

Posted 19 February 2020 - 08:29 AM

Talking about updates to iRO, since Gravity guys themselves gonna open a new RO server in Thailand, I doubt if Gravity will even have time for iRO. I'm so hyped about this new server but its probably not possible for me to WoE there when there are over hundreds of players on the screen spamming skills at the entrance or in the Emp room  :blink:

#48 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 23 February 2020 - 08:50 PM

When it comes to iRO chaos, there has always been an ability to fix things. I returned for pet evo but the reality is I don't intend to spent any money on return. My plan is to afk for about a month or two and monitor what happens here. We can only hope that some major steps are taken; but if not then it is what it is. My current opinion is less optimistic though, I mean the server has only been up for a short duration and we already have a upgrade event AND a fire sale. Any hope for this server comes from making the in game content matter; something that has been neglected for quite some time and only supported by developers that just don't care about Renewal anymore.

#49 WolfTri

WolfTri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 24 February 2020 - 01:05 AM

How to help Chaos:

• integrate ocp as items obtained through pure grind (look at the pet evo system, it's a pretty nice idea structually) or through drops (if the item fits a monster theme like say, Phreeoni Wings).
  • polish the game (over 70% of the stuff in the game has been done poorly, a little quality checking would go a long way (seriously, look at the item name links on the pet evo screens, we are not cosmic entities reading some forgotten language, english would suffice))
  • stop bringing in broken content (and also proactively polish any content added as to prevent adding to #2)
  • listen to woe feedback
  • buff vip system
  • actually have someone dedicate themselves to this server rather than balancing them between this and ROT
  • only provide proper reports on things you can actively help with, kRO are not nor have they ever been reliable
  • cap magic defense at 120 flat. ocp was always hated against with exception to mdef bypass... why? because monsters having 800 MDEF are -_- stupid. When you can stack 80% and see 2% damage increase? Yeah that sucks. Capping mdef at 120 still provides roughly a 50% defense against magic but allows magic defense bypass items to have SOME impact, that the physical side has been able to achieve. Hell, if you pulled this off you could then look at balancing out some OCP items to then bring them somewhat on par with other items without being totally stupid as -_-.
  • bring more costumes, these should be fine methods of obtaining money and more costumes seem to come out

Even disregarding the parts that require intensive work (like polish and bugfixing), at least implementing a system to obtain ocp items directly (and make them non boxterable), or making YA tickets obtainable for eden merits or a different currency obtainable in game such as mvp drops would go a long way in easing the economy being so kp dominated, with zeny being relatively useless.

#50 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 24 February 2020 - 01:08 AM

Even disregarding the parts that require intensive work (like polish and bugfixing), at least implementing a system to obtain ocp items directly (and make them non boxterable), or making YA tickets obtainable for eden merits or a different currency obtainable in game such as mvp drops would go a long way in easing the economy being so kp dominated, with zeny being relatively useless.

Polishing is intensive work, but it's one of those things that could have been done on a weekly basis. Little steps as opposed to big ones. Still absolutely possible to start to.

Edited by Nirvanna21, 24 February 2020 - 01:08 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users