Removing Buff Sets - Buff System Changes - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 6 votes

Removing Buff Sets - Buff System Changes

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Paulera

Paulera

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • LocationBrasil
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 10 January 2011 - 09:59 AM

There's another topic in the community chat area, about the buff sets. I know that some players really like this, but like Seurorelay (that started that topic), I don't think fun and fair the use of buff sets.

What to make?

Change the buffs system. One option is backing to the old irose system, with static values for buffs, instead of percentage. This way, buff sets will not make any effect.
Besides leaving the game more dynamic, it will help with balancing class.

Other option, a little strange, is using only percentage as was done to attack speed. I really like the first idea with real numbers, but here is another option.

This way, classes with some high stats will not get even better buffs. If champ or mage, for example, has high ap, then it should not get high dodge or m-speed from buff set (champ m-speed is another issue for another topic), or get better ap buffs than others. With static values, their ap will remain higher than others, but not from an unfair way.

#2 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 January 2011 - 10:10 AM

Static values will not be more balanced and will make the current combat system very bland.

Most stats scale slowly, and having static buffs will make characters with high stats have little to know difference buffed or unbuffed. For example, adding attack power to your ccharacter will add damage, not multiply it.

Static values make weaker or low level characters more overpowered when they get buffed because their base stats are low. Assume clobber charm is changed to a static 500 ap buff.

If a noob character with only 100 ap gets buffed with this, they will hit melees for 6x their normal damage. If a higher level character with 5000 attack power unbuffed, gets buffed with this, their melee damage will only do 10% more than normal.

The attack speed stat already suffers(?) from this problem. Buffing attack speed on somone who has a low base attack speed will get a larger benefit than somone with a higher one.

#3 TankJr

TankJr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2513 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 10 January 2011 - 10:19 AM

muuahahahah

again one annyoing thread about it

and btw: removing buffset would make the game less dynamic, less individual

but noobs, who dont own a buffset dont check this.....!

and second: weaker classes like scout get more advantage of buffsets like stronger classes...

removing them would cause weaker classes to get even weaker...

but how should people without buffsets know this....

its better to start one annoying thread on the other..........

#4 xHydra

xHydra

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 10:43 AM

Buff sets make a character unique, and the amount of inventory room we have now makes us have to choose the best equipment to put in it for our class instead of having everything. If buff sets are removed its just whose gear is refined higher, who has better buffs, etc... It'll make pvp very bland and boring.

Just because people can afford all the buff sets needed doesn't mean you should remove them since you fail at making money.

Also you're saying this about champs/mages high ap and such but it affects all classes... It'll probably just make everything worse since soldiers and hawkers have high defensive traits and food will be even better for them including jellys and no one will have enough acc/ap to hit them hard enough.

Edited by xHydra, 10 January 2011 - 10:45 AM.

#5 Paulera

Paulera

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • LocationBrasil

Posted 10 January 2011 - 04:01 PM

First of all, I have buff sets I need. The problem is not making all that sets, but no using it for battle. I'll give some examples what I mean with the idea:

I'm a raider in the war in the middle of the battle. I can use chiv for power or glorious for dodge. Now if I need to run to the other side of the map, will need a precious set. Not really. With m-speed buff set I can have high m-speed and run all the way with my battle set. Okay, on the way I encounter a Mage. Need change to a Lumionous set? No if a got a good magic resistance buff set, cause, who got Luminous set high ref?

And now I'm farming some mobs. Little ones like yellow or orange I can use my Precious for attack speed, and change for chiv/lava while killing bosses highers than me.

It happens all times? No, because we can have good def, hp, m-speed, dodge with buff sets, save attack speed. If I want attack speed, I'll need an attack speed set, and that's the point. But how a bit use it, the chiv is the way to. Everyone with chiv is dynamic?

I'm not saying to take out the buff sets to nerf them. It would be fun if the player needs various sets, and changing them on each match. It can happen now, but really worth? I want to see Lumionus, Precious, Reinforced sets high refineds and being used, not only for buffing. And we need a system wich we can create a shortcut to changing sets, instead selecting each item.

For the static buffs, overpower buffs on lower caracteres is not the problem. In a MMORPG the player will leveling fast at the beggining and lowering the exp rate while leveling. It happens in rose? Of course not. When you can use a unique weapon you will level much faster than having a powered buff. Or even, when you get second job, you'll lvl faster than previously. Starting lvl 100 at DoD and killing even grey mobs you'll level fast, and a party lvl 110 can go moonchild and get much more exp than when you was lvl 70~100, killing mob that were to be killed by players lvl 140+ at least.

Anyway, thanks for the replies. Indeed the actual buff system may be better than static stats, but without buff sets the player gears could be more varied, instead chiv dominating the market.

Edited by Paulera, 10 January 2011 - 04:03 PM.

#6 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York

Posted 10 January 2011 - 04:42 PM

The fact is, other sets besides chivalrous are being used. Full Chivalrous and lava d7 with hard d7 weapon is just a generic build that some people may used but the majority actually don't... And if I were to use that my movement speed and attack speed would suffer right now too.

#7 XBlazeX

XBlazeX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 436 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. - CA

Posted 10 January 2011 - 05:21 PM

If buff sets are removed there will be so many gears and gems that won't be used and will eventually die out. Why are players all of a sudden complaining about things far less important. ROSE is already falling apart imo update after update, nerf after nerf and now you want people to get rid of their hard-earned buff sets and stick to one set of gear?... Players are running out of things to complain about... I mean seriously you think buff-sets are that of an major issue to shed light on?? Get real and find something more important to complain about. Majority of ROSE players have been used to buff sets and have never been a "problem" that needs solving. Buff-sets do indeed promote individualism and character differentiation.

#8 Paulera

Paulera

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • LocationBrasil

Posted 11 January 2011 - 03:19 AM

Get real and find something more important to complain about.

Yes, I made this (more polemical) topic to check if the dev team would reply, but none did. I have some substantial changes to exp system, but it'll be read?
Well, if mostly players like buff sets, then there's no reason for removing it. I really wanted a position from the staff team, but unfortunatelly don't got it.

Changing the buff system will need a great effort for redoing skills, and balancing class. Of course we can't just make static values and leave as it's now. Anyway, I like the actual skill system, but it's not really balanced between classes.

#9 Metaleux

Metaleux

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 345 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 11 January 2011 - 04:22 AM

Remove them because they are annoying, I don't see why we need more reasons :D

Btw, buff sets don't work for attack speed anymore, but it doesn't seem to bother anyone, save us all some time and space and remove the other ones !

#10 TankJr

TankJr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2513 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 04:33 AM

Remove them because they are annoying, I don't see why we need more reasons :D

Btw, buff sets don't work for attack speed anymore, but it doesn't seem to bother anyone, save us all some time and space and remove the other ones !

it doesnt bother anyone cause attackspd got nerfed anyways, cause u cant hit melee anymore...

#11 Metaleux

Metaleux

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 345 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 11 January 2011 - 06:18 AM

it doesnt bother anyone cause attackspd got nerfed anyways, cause u cant hit melee anymore...

Some raiders, bourgs, artis and others are still based on a speed.

But if I got this straight, if they nerf all the stats, then remove the buff set system, it would not bother anyone then ?

#12 TankJr

TankJr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2513 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 06:31 AM

Some raiders, bourgs, artis and others are still based on a speed.

But if I got this straight, if they nerf all the stats, then remove the buff set system, it would not bother anyone then ?

i think it bothers gravity if they loose 50% of the old players...

#13 AlisiaMT

AlisiaMT

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1149 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 11 January 2011 - 07:09 AM

i think it bothers gravity if they loose 50% of the old players...

Then another 25% of the players leave cuz theyre newbs and aren't dedicated to the game. That leaves us with 10 ppl on leonis and 2 on draconis. I guess one good thing will come of it. Server merges!

#14 Paulera

Paulera

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • LocationBrasil

Posted 11 January 2011 - 07:11 AM

I'm old player, and liked in pre-evo when clerics was not god buffers. The meaning of cleric was to be an intense healing class. You barely can do anything without a cleric together.

But now, who don't play with dual acc (or more)?

#15 XBlazeX

XBlazeX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 436 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. - CA

Posted 12 January 2011 - 06:40 AM

I'm old player, and liked in pre-evo when clerics was not god buffers. The meaning of cleric was to be an intense healing class. You barely can do anything without a cleric together.

But now, who don't play with dual acc (or more)?

I do agree that this game relies a little too much on cleric buffs and a few class self-buffs aren't worth getting anymore coz cleric buffs are stronger. I apologize for coming off a little agressive on my previous post.

Edited by XBlazeX, 12 January 2011 - 06:42 AM.

#16 Paulera

Paulera

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • LocationBrasil

Posted 12 January 2011 - 10:33 AM

I do agree that this game relies a little too much on cleric buffs and a few class self-buffs aren't worth getting anymore coz cleric buffs are stronger. I apologize for coming off a little agressive on my previous post.

I'm really thankful that you have participated in this topic. And I have been mistaken by suggestion the removal of buff sets.

Anyway, the way of cleric buffs only can be changed by redoing all skill and experience system. It's almost like creating a new version of Rose, as it's was from pre-evo to evolution.

I wanted to suggest more simple tasks, but perhaps that will not after all make balance between classes, without a remodeling of the skill system (that's another great effort).

For now, I'm thinking in creating a new topic about an exp system, where it not harms classes with no aoe skills, and will make players using at least most of the available maps.

And I'll wait for your suggestions there. Thanks.

#17 Viceking

Viceking

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 988 posts
  • LocationCanada Québec
  • Server:Dragonis>Leonis

Posted 14 January 2011 - 07:30 PM

i do like a removal of buff sets!! ya and dont come here tell me because i got not the money for buying that wrong excuse bs lol it is just unfair,make game unbalanced mecanics

#18 Span

Span

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 716 posts
  • LocationNot a clue ...

Posted 14 January 2011 - 07:52 PM

i do like a removal of buff sets!! ya and dont come here tell me because i got not the money for buying that wrong excuse bs lol it is just unfair,make game unbalanced mecanics

U don't have money , quit now .

#19 pogiako

pogiako

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 181 posts
  • Server:LEONIS

Posted 15 January 2011 - 01:39 AM

There's another topic in the community chat area, about the buff sets. I know that some players really like this, but like Seurorelay (that started that topic), I don't think fun and fair the use of buff sets.

What to make?

Change the buffs system. One option is backing to the old irose system, with static values for buffs, instead of percentage. This way, buff sets will not make any effect.
Besides leaving the game more dynamic, it will help with balancing class.

Other option, a little strange, is using only percentage as was done to attack speed. I really like the first idea with real numbers, but here is another option.

This way, classes with some high stats will not get even better buffs. If champ or mage, for example, has high ap, then it should not get high dodge or m-speed from buff set (champ m-speed is another issue for another topic), or get better ap buffs than others. With static values, their ap will remain higher than others, but not from an unfair way.

maybe your just lazy in switching this is not a good idea
buffs sets makes the obtain its maximum strength

#20 Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • LocationIndia-Mumbai

Posted 15 January 2011 - 02:51 AM

removing buffsets alltogether is dum as they make quite a big part of what people think of ROSE as a game
but buffset system could be remade into something different
I DONT MEAN NERFING

they could increase effect of buffsets on each character
decrease effect of buffs on evryone (but make sure u BUFF UP clerics before anything...i m sure they will take this personally :rolleyes:)
so rather than just using buffsets to buff .....then run into battle with your appropriate set....SPAM skills and finished
it should rather be buff your self with whatever stat u want most...rush into battle...and change ur set evri once in a while in the battle scenario
Eg: for raider
run into battle with chiva on
hit stun and go into cloaking
by the time u r decloaked change to GLO for survivability
ur low on hp now...go into stealth and run for a while in reinforced
now ur Hp has healed u can return into battle with the set u wish

ALSO
its funny how i just forgot what i was gonna type after this...nvm Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#21 Soda

Soda

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1188 posts
  • Location-Pee-lippines
  • Server:Leo-Tards

Posted 15 January 2011 - 03:04 AM

LOL u ALL Mad. If you're complaining about dual client (A cleric and a PVP char) So? Whats the problem? Ur just Mad Cause you dont have a cleric of your own? :3? (Or a cleric on another account to buff you).

Edited by Soda, 15 January 2011 - 03:05 AM.

#22 Viceking

Viceking

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 988 posts
  • LocationCanada Québec

Posted 15 January 2011 - 06:23 PM

U don't have money , quit now .

u wish in u r dream lol

#23 Paulera

Paulera

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • LocationBrasil

Posted 16 January 2011 - 02:41 AM

LOL u ALL Mad. If you're complaining about dual client (A cleric and a PVP char) So? Whats the problem? Ur just Mad Cause you dont have a cleric of your own? :3? (Or a cleric on another account to buff you).

It seems that you dont played pre-evo system. And yes, I have a cleric.

I'll not create more topics like this. The dev team don't reply and some players don't know the meaning of game design. I'm not creating it to know what is fun for some players. I just want a more balanced game. MMORPGs are not to be played with dual account.

Anyway I stopped playing for now. The game has no high end content.

#24 Soda

Soda

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1188 posts
  • Location-Pee-lippines
  • Server:Leo-Tards

Posted 16 January 2011 - 03:59 AM

It seems that you dont played pre-evo system. And yes, I have a cleric.

I'll not create more topics like this. The dev team don't reply and some players don't know the meaning of game design. I'm not creating it to know what is fun for some players. I just want a more balanced game. MMORPGs are not to be played with dual account.

Anyway I stopped playing for now. The game has no high end content.

Wait whats the difference between Removing buff sets and People not able to dual client?. Im 100% sure you even dual client aswell, who the hell wants to use 2-3 [or more] computers just to transfer gears etc. to another acc?. Also about changing full set of gears in war. GOODLUCK. Its even hard to click 3 items (jewelries) If your being ganged.

#25 Viceking

Viceking

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 988 posts
  • LocationCanada Québec

Posted 16 January 2011 - 01:56 PM

dual client save power is a green way for the earth :rolleyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users