suken46

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 08 August 2010 - 08:19 AM

lvl 84
mostly a PvM character, not planning on WOEing or PvPing much, Just trying to get to LK asap.

93+8 str
11+2 agi
52+10 vit
5 int
45+6 dex
1+4 luk
that's not including equip.

general equip-
Single handed spear
Aquaries Diadem (+8)
Sigrun's Wings
Pirate Dagger
Glittering Jacket of Ares (pecopeco card)
immune muffler
+9 Superior Shoes
cranial sheild
Nile rose of mustle x2

I'm leveling mostly in the high orc feild, bathories, and in the clock tower high orcs. These places are either getting slow on exp, or in the case of the clock tower high orcs, hardly even worth going for 30 minuets then having to go back to the kafra to re-supply on whites and blue potions. Anyone got any leveling suggestions?

As for my stats, I'm looking to up my str a point or two more, then getting a little more int (maybe 20?), then concentrating on agi till maybe 40-50? Do I need more dex or vit? I was origonally planning on getting atleast 70vit, but the 50vit i have right now seems to be serving me ok.

Any suggestions for equip?

Edited by Kevin011, 08 August 2010 - 08:24 AM.

#2 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 08 August 2010 - 03:07 PM

You do have OHKO, I presume?

I'm thinking you're doing something wrong in CTHO because it should be a better 30 minutes than an hour at either of those other two places.
The only other thing you can really do besides CTHO is start pumping your dex to do thors at 9x, but you need an anti-formless/boss set of gear for it, and an HP alt.

It's Thors, CTHO, or find someone to leech you.

#3 MeisterKirisaki

MeisterKirisaki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts
  • LocationiRO Loki

Posted 08 August 2010 - 04:47 PM

As for my stats, I'm looking to up my str a point or two more, then getting a little more int (maybe 20?), then concentrating on agi till maybe 40-50? Do I need more dex or vit? I was origonally planning on getting atleast 70vit, but the 50vit i have right now seems to be serving me ok.

You don't want more Agi. If you have to spam Pierce (which you shouldn't if you have Endow), you could use a Musketeer Hat (cheap and extremely useful). Your Dex is fine for High Orcs, and since I doubt you'll go to Thor's anytime soon, you could indeed get more Vit/Str - or if you really feel like it, Int.

If you use up your supplies too early, there are ways for you to work on that situation: You could use Kafra Cards, you could use Fish + a Fish in Mouth, and you could go in overweight while you use an Earth Deleter armor (that's if you can still one-shot High Orcs with that setup). Whites are pretty much a waste for Orc leveling, Fish should do the trick for you.

#4 suken46

suken46

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 08 August 2010 - 09:42 PM

You do have OHKO, I presume?

I'm thinking you're doing something wrong in CTHO because it should be a better 30 minutes than an hour at either of those other two places.
The only other thing you can really do besides CTHO is start pumping your dex to do thors at 9x, but you need an anti-formless/boss set of gear for it, and an HP alt.

It's Thors, CTHO, or find someone to leech you.

I usually level with brandish spear on mobs, I use pierce when i find a straggler while i'm running around. I'm actually hitting the high orcs with just to little damage, doing about 6k-6.3k with endow. If i have a mob I probably end up using brandish atleast 2-3 times.

What the problem is with the CT high orcs is all the pesky little insect things that my weapon + endow can't damage well. They hit hard to haha. So in almost all cases i end up abandoning my loot and just teleing away once i finish of the high orcs in my mob. Unless i get stuborn and i fight off the rest of the mob which ends up draining my whites supply further.

I'm not to familiar with thors, what armour/weap is best for it?

You don't want more Agi. If you have to spam Pierce (which you shouldn't if you have Endow), you could use a Musketeer Hat (cheap and extremely useful). Your Dex is fine for High Orcs, and since I doubt you'll go to Thor's anytime soon, you could indeed get more Vit/Str - or if you really feel like it, Int.

I thought some spear knights got a decent chunk of agi for piercing?

Edited by Kevin011, 08 August 2010 - 09:44 PM.

#5 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 05:51 AM

Yeah, you're doing CTHO completely wrong.

You ignore all loot there and you tele around using almost exclusively pierce to OHKO things. If you don't have perfect OHKO on high orcs, you need to go get gear until you have it. I would recommend battle grounds accessories for starters.
You fight nothing there other than high orcs, you kill the high orcs in the area with pierce and then you tele, ignoring all bugs. Have some green pots with you for when you get silenced.
Don't use white potions, use fresh fish.

#6 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 09 August 2010 - 06:11 AM

Expect to use more weight on flywings than fresh fish, by the way. A couple hundred fwings per endow is normal.

#7 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 06:18 AM

My ratio was like 450 fish to 500 fwings, but I think that was on smith with larger weight limit and less SP issues. On knight it was more like 375 fish to 425 wings or something.

You'll get the hang of the ratio eventually.

YOU NEED ONE SHOT THOUGH.

#8 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 10 August 2010 - 06:11 AM

Something about his stats isn't making sense - He has 2x mantis and aqua diadem and sigruns and supers - that should give +11 str, and he has +8 str from job - he hasn't included str from gear in his stats.

He should have 93+8+11=112 str
With endow and a 2x olc 1x hydra 1x vadon pike, he should have no trouble 1-shotting (if he's not quite there, he could get it with porcellio armor, or getting 1 more base str and swapping a mustle nile for a BG badge or The Sign) - and the damage he said he deals with brandish confirms that he should be close to 1-shot if he isn't there already - brandish generally does a little less than pierce.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users