Will WP nerf the power of Enforcer Shoes? - Page 3 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 4 votes

Will WP nerf the power of Enforcer Shoes?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
272 replies to this topic

#51 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 April 2020 - 10:07 PM

I'm so happy that this situation is happening. It just shows clearly the big mistake of implementing OCP items instead of kRO cash shop items.

You assume that it was one or the other, when the eventually of it was both were going to come.

#52 Valtios

Valtios

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 19 April 2020 - 10:13 PM

You assume that it was one or the other, when the eventually of it was both were going to come.

So people complained about the Shadow costumes and didn't saw the flaw of OCP items?? That's doesn't seems right.

Edited by Valtios, 19 April 2020 - 10:16 PM.

#53 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 19 April 2020 - 10:16 PM

So people complained about the Shadow costumes and didn't saw the flaw of OCP items?? That's weird.

You are correct, OCP items came after people rejected the shadow items, but that wasn't just a kneejerk reaction. It's a fact that the developers send stuff to iRO for various servers in order to test the waters for sales. If something sells, they keep sending it, if something is rejected, they stop or delay it. If we accepted them as cash shop items, we still were gonna get OCP. And this is not the only time this happened, it occurred a few times in restart and will most likely happen with ROT as well.

#54 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 19 April 2020 - 10:21 PM

The same people that called out how bulls*t those shadow gears were also called out how stupid many OCPs were, and for a while, items were being "tweaked". But after a long standing of people complaining on the forums that the items were being "nerfed", it was decided that everything would work as it comes, and f..k it.

And the market decision of keeping sending items based on sales it's sort of a low blow to anyone that understands how stupid they are. People want to stay competitive and will buy the new stronger gear, specially since OCPs became a thing when woe was still very active.

#55 Valtios

Valtios

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 19 April 2020 - 10:21 PM

You are correct, OCP items came after people rejected the shadow items, but that wasn't just a kneejerk reaction. It's a fact that the developers send stuff to iRO for various servers in order to test the waters for sales. If something sells, they keep sending it, if something is rejected, they stop or delay it. If we accepted them as cash shop items, we still were gonna get OCP. And this is not the only time this happened, it occurred a few times in restart and will most likely happen with ROT as well.

Ok, let me get this straight. What you are saying is that even if the shadow costumes were accepted or rejected, Warpportal already did announce that OCP were coming up to the server? Or are you just assuming that OCPs were coming anyways?

I would think that OCPs  came as a response of the rejection of the shadow costumes as a cash shop option. Like it has always been discussed in the past couple of years.

Edited by Valtios, 19 April 2020 - 10:23 PM.

#56 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 19 April 2020 - 10:26 PM

Ok, let me get this straight. What you are saying is that even if the shadow costumes were accepted or rejected, Warpportal already did announce that OCP were coming up to the server? Or are you just assuming that OCPs were coming anyways?

I would think that OCPs  came as a response of the rejection of the shadow costumes as a cash shop option. Like it has always been discussed in the past couple of years.

I mean, people like to theorise why things are the way they are, no it was not announced, but their is plenty of proof on this forum where I am sure enough people even now can personally see that ultimately, we get stuff to make money.

The same people that called out how bulls*t those shadow gears were also called out how stupid many OCPs were, and for a while, items were being "tweaked". But after a long standing of people complaining on the forums that the items were being "nerfed", it was decided that everything would work as it comes, and f..k it.

Yeah, I was one of those complaining and pushing for nerfs, but then when Campitor gave up so did I so then I pushed for come as detailed in the desc. A lot of the community back then just didn't want balanced items (well as balanced as an entirely different mechanically based server can be).

Edited by Nirvanna21, 19 April 2020 - 10:28 PM.

#57 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 19 April 2020 - 10:28 PM

OCPs are not the only jRO items we've ever received :T But now it's branded that way

Edited by Ashuckel, 19 April 2020 - 10:28 PM.

#58 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10856 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 19 April 2020 - 10:30 PM

If somehow we dont get to have OCPs anymore, kRO shadow gears are definitely coming. I'm sure many of us now are heavy spenders. We just have to support the game after all  :ani_slur:

Camp should put kRO Shadow gears as WoE rewards, so ... we might get to see nerf Sura or "insert WoE classes here" threads more often lmfao

Edited by ChakriGuard, 19 April 2020 - 10:31 PM.

#59 Valtios

Valtios

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 19 April 2020 - 10:31 PM

I mean, people like to theorise why things are the way they are, no it was not announced, but their is plenty of proof on this forum where I am sure enough people even now can personally see that ultimately, we get stuff to make money.

Well, that's a fact. At the end of the day they need to make money in some way or another. The real problem here is that the cash shop content that the server needed to have got rejected and instead, we got an option that basically messed the game balance.

#60 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 19 April 2020 - 10:35 PM

Well, that's a fact. At the end of the day they need to make money in some way or another. The real problem here is that the cash shop content that the server needed to have got rejected and instead, we got an option that basically messed the game balance.

I don't disagree with OCP being stupid, but I still support not having the MVP shadow gears; which, aside from Unfrozen Shadow set, were the ones people were complaining about the most (though for some reason everyone now thinks it was just all shadow items from kRO cash shop). The complaint was hand in hand with the store bought sealed MVP cards.

#61 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 19 April 2020 - 10:37 PM

kRO loves big numbers, eventually, everyone will do big numbers.

https://www.youtube....h?v=sahmY9YxAow

Or this:

https://www.youtube....h?v=XZu_8VjVeCs

(that's 900k per tick, at like 9m per cast). 

Edited by mildcontempt, 19 April 2020 - 10:42 PM.

#62 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 19 April 2020 - 10:40 PM

but they've shortened the number displayed, instead of increasing the display limit to 10 digits or something :/

i guess 10 digits wouldn't be enough for very long lol

#63 Sigma1

Sigma1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2435 posts
  • Server:TRO

Posted 19 April 2020 - 10:42 PM

Shadow gears can be obtained in-game on green aura MVP patch.

#64 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10856 posts

Posted 19 April 2020 - 10:43 PM

Not sure why it doesnt show the names ... but

dG1ILsh.png

19m M. Assault on Ifrit, or 36.48m total damage in one MA. No Gods, no MvPs  :ani_slur:  :ani_slur:  :ani_slur:

No Lex btw, self buff only haha

Edited by ChakriGuard, 19 April 2020 - 11:08 PM.

#65 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 19 April 2020 - 10:45 PM

but they've shortened the number displayed, instead of increasing the display limit to 10 digits or something :/

i guess 10 digits wouldn't be enough for very long lol

They trying to be more efficient. Or they never figured out how to get it to work where doing over 21m damage = miss. 

CI aint no slouch either, 6m without DC.

https://youtu.be/ijzEpPx5LNQ?t=115

Edited by mildcontempt, 19 April 2020 - 10:46 PM.

#66 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 19 April 2020 - 10:46 PM

They trying to be more efficient. 

Just go the Disgaea Route, where billions of damage is shortened to like 5 characters :D

#67 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 19 April 2020 - 10:49 PM

They trying to be more efficient. Or they never figured out how to get it to work where doing over 21m damage = miss. 

Spoiler

#68 Valtios

Valtios

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 19 April 2020 - 10:50 PM

I don't disagree with OCP being stupid, but I still support not having the MVP shadow gears; which, aside from Unfrozen Shadow set, were the ones people were complaining about the most (though for some reason everyone now thinks it was just all shadow items from kRO cash shop). The complaint was hand in hand with the store bought sealed MVP cards.

I understand that people don't like the idea but, that's the only option that iRO has. Lets not forget that iRO is just like a 'branch' from kRO, iRO does not have the freedom to do whatever he wants. It's safer to get stuff straight up from kRO only, rather than other places.

Shadow gears can be obtained in-game on green aura MVP patch.

This is correct. And even recently, you can obtain end game cash shop items as a MVP drops as well, like Temporal manteaus.

Or this:

https://www.youtube....h?v=XZu_8VjVeCs

(that's 900k per tick, at like 9m per cast). 

That equipment is insanely expensive, you would have to spend several months or spend a lot of cash and I mean a lot, to convert it to zeny and get it.

EDIT: So you can imagine how much does that equipment costs, lets say that approximately 1b on kRO is like 10b iRO. I could guess that his general equipment tab, costs around 5b on kRO.And maybe his shadow equipment costs around 2b, this I'm guessing he didn't display the costumes tab but, that's how much BiS shadow equipment with costume stones costs.

Edited by Valtios, 19 April 2020 - 10:56 PM.

#69 aTID2

aTID2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1717 posts
  • LocationLocation
  • Server:Server

Posted 19 April 2020 - 10:51 PM

Why more thread like this appear?

GX always said it good, other doesn't

So why we  ignore the fact that you can just go play GX anyway?

No need JDR, just VM sword and dagger.

Btw WTS > Enforcer shoes 10B  :heh:

Edited by aTID2, 19 April 2020 - 10:53 PM.

#70 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 19 April 2020 - 10:56 PM

I understand that people don't like the idea but, that's the only option that iRO has. Lets not forget that iRO is just like a 'branch' from kRO, iRO does not have the freedom to do whatever he wants. It's safer to get stuff straight up from kRO only, rather than other places.

Well yes that is true, it was ultimately down to the community. If the community didn't buy OCP boxes, we wouldn't have had them get to this point; and, then there could have been a more healthy option, like how after -_- YEARS they are finally selling costumes for a direct KP price rather than RNG boxes. If there was one thing that could have kept them going solid for years to come, it would have been costumes, bloody branches and gums. But they wasted it.

#71 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10856 posts

Posted 19 April 2020 - 10:57 PM

Hmm ... +14 JDR might be expensive. Let's say it's 25b ... sure but if you invested that 25b on other class, you would probably do only 1/10 of your GX damage had you chose to invest in GX instead.

However, having JDR is just overkilled. Most GXs probably dont need JDR with the current updates we have and they will still melt most MvPs and instance bosses before Dark claw finishes ... lmfao

Edited by ChakriGuard, 19 April 2020 - 10:59 PM.

#72 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 19 April 2020 - 10:59 PM

0a6cb6b345f5efa9ef38d1b015569ede.png

tumblr_o1scnuR7sT1sk7t04o1_500.gif

This is correct. And even recently, you can obtain end game cash shop items as a MVP drops as well, like Temporal manteaus.

That equipment is insanely expensive, you would have to spend several months or spend a lot of cash and I mean a lot, to convert it to zeny and get it.

Sure, so instead of doing 9m per cast I'll do 4m with my "pretty good but not amazing" gear. 

It's not like the numbers for MA being posted here aren't utilizing +14 gear and rare cards.

--------

ha ha kRO damage go brrrrr

#73 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 19 April 2020 - 10:59 PM

Hmm ... +14 JDR might be expensive. but say it's 25b ... sure but if you invested that 25b on other class, you would probably do only 1/10 of your GX damage had you chose to invest in GX instead.

However, having JDR is just overkilled. Most GXs probably dont need JDR with the current updates we have and they will still melt most MvPs and instance bosses before Dark claw finishes ... lmfao

JDR is nice because it has such high base attack AND benefits from Advanced Katar Mastery, but 2x weapons is gonna get you more.

#74 Sigma1

Sigma1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2435 posts
  • Server:TRO

Posted 19 April 2020 - 11:00 PM

66760213_1350722828418859_79765320872493

Current maximum value of dmg is 99999M

#75 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10856 posts

Posted 19 April 2020 - 11:01 PM

66760213_1350722828418859_79765320872493

Current maximum value of dmg is 99999M

Ignore that M at the back and its just 100k damage all over again  :ani_bzz:

Edited by ChakriGuard, 19 April 2020 - 11:03 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users