[RT] Mass brewing capability - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

[RT] Mass brewing capability

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
38 replies to this topic

#26 Shane

Shane

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 02 May 2020 - 04:34 AM

On average I think any guild with more than 40+ people will need to be brewing at least over 20-40 hours a week just to make all the supplies required.

This also doesn't include the time hunting for supplies or buying supplies. I think everyone can agree this is not really sustainable as more WoEs go by since the people that actually perform the potting want to play the game as well (Mvping, making new characters, guild parties for fun, etc...).

Edited by Shane, 02 May 2020 - 04:34 AM.

#27 Krispin2

Krispin2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 02 May 2020 - 06:42 AM

That's definitely not reasonable, although I think it also says something about the state and mindset of guilds that they would rather turn potion making into a literal full time job over just... doing with less.

I'm reminded of something I read about american players consuming by far the most consumables during woe times than any other region.

Not saying to change the way you want to play, but if the taekwon classes, and therefore soul linkers, haven't been released in kro zero after all this time I can only assume they play in a different way that makes mass potion brewing not such a concern over there.

Which would make this an iro RT specific problem.

#28 ElenaGilbert

ElenaGilbert

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1186 posts
  • LocationAUSTRALIA , QLD!!
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 02 May 2020 - 06:47 AM

That's definitely not reasonable, although I think it also says something about the state and mindset of guilds that they would rather turn potion making into a literal full time job over just... doing with less.

I'm reminded of something I read about american players consuming by far the most consumables during woe times than any other region.

Not saying to change the way you want to play, but if the taekwon classes, and therefore soul linkers, haven't been released in kro zero after all this time I can only assume they play in a different way that makes mass potion brewing not such a concern over there.

yeah but if u see those other server, it is heavily p2w server aswell, have u seen their woevid? how many stat food item they got just for woe? im pretty sure they dnt even need to use slims or crafted blue pot cuz they can just buy potion boxes thru kafra shop

#29 AaronP2W

AaronP2W

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 912 posts
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 02 May 2020 - 07:51 AM

The problem is it is 2020 and the brewing system is from 2002. 

#30 Krispin2

Krispin2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 02 May 2020 - 09:23 AM

:p_err: That's true, but I mean, that applies to so many things in ro in general.

If I had my way I would do what gravity should have just done in the first place, delete the soul linker and apply the smattering of class hot fixes to each class directly.

Because that's what all the soul linker abilities are, a bunch of class hot fixes.

But gravity gonna gravity.

Edited by Krispin2, 02 May 2020 - 09:23 AM.

#31 5584171015142815377

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 268 posts

Posted 02 May 2020 - 05:08 PM

just doing with less? you don't have a choice. if one guild is willing to pot ranked slims and you aren't, its putting yourself at a disadvantage for basically no reason. 

playing suboptimally is not an option.

they added in soul linker into the game and made alchemist soul link what it is for a REASON. they know the system was outdated.

they clearly did not anticipate that guilds would brew to the extent that they did, but they adapted. all we're asking for on RT is a buff that usually exists in RO but is absent due to the fact that linkers aren't in the game YET. 

#32 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 02 May 2020 - 08:54 PM

We will put a test npc on Sakray this week to see if itll even work the buff itself may need two sides to even function properly.

#33 ElenaGilbert

ElenaGilbert

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1186 posts
  • LocationAUSTRALIA , QLD!!
  • Server:Classic

Posted 02 May 2020 - 09:04 PM

need to remove the required soul linker / super novice / taekwon party members for the skill to work aswell

#34 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 02 May 2020 - 09:06 PM

need to remove the required soul linker / super novice / taekwon party members for the skill to work aswell

Changing how a skill functions on such a deep level requires kRO. But we will try to see what we can do.

#35 eddieb88

eddieb88

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • LocationUSA, FL

Posted 03 May 2020 - 02:49 AM

We will put a test npc on Sakray this week to see if itll even work the buff itself may need two sides to even function properly.

I'm glad this got your attention, because it is creating a lot of 'burn out' for brewer's. Currently, usually all legal programs and macros, we are fighting to stay on the boards, using cactus needles and mole whiskers, buying npc pots (lol imagine trying to use herbs?) just to gain ranking and stay on the board. We have been on the rankings since server started, but it is too the point where we'll spend 6 hours brewing worthless reds (imo) and yellows to move up a few ranks. If we are rank 3 one day, we are rank 9 the next. We have all the gears, etc. It is literally taking more time to brew  for the guild than a full-time job. 

I hope the sakray testing works out.

Edited by eddieb88, 03 May 2020 - 02:49 AM.

#36 5584171015142815377

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 268 posts

Posted 03 May 2020 - 10:22 AM

Changing how a skill functions on such a deep level requires kRO. But we will try to see what we can do.

is there any possibility we just add in the expanded classes then as a solution? I know it would feel bad to rush them if we don't have plans for them just yet, but I think the brewing problem is a bigger issue.

I hope the idea you guys have works though. It seems like you are up against kRO here =( as always. 

#37 AaronP2W

AaronP2W

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 912 posts

Posted 04 May 2020 - 07:50 AM

:Pray:

#38 Corudo

Corudo

I am New.

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 May 2020 - 08:30 AM

is AHK allowed in RT? i don`t even know how ahk works, but honestly im tired of making only 2k potions/ hour because someone left condensed white potion in third option .....

#39 5584171015142815377

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 268 posts

Posted 18 May 2020 - 10:47 AM

is AHK allowed in RT? i don`t even know how ahk works, but honestly im tired of making only 2k potions/ hour because someone left condensed white potion in third option .....

yeah as long as you dont AFK you can use macros. Idk about AHK specifically, but we use keyboard macros for sure and I know its acceptable.

just make sure you are actively brewing and not automating the brewing process and you are fine. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users