Undoing iRO customized skills&equipment nerfs/changes - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

Undoing iRO customized skills&equipment nerfs/changes

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 11 May 2020 - 04:36 PM

(If there are any more gear/skills than the ones listed here, please do tell, i've only been on iRO for so long :v)

Over the years, a couple of gears or skills received adjustments to make it fit the balance of the game at that current time. The issue however, is that many of them don't make sense anymore in the current day setting of the game. "Balance" doesn't exist anymore, everyone is capable of dishing out tens of millions of damage per second, and the PvP/WoE scene of Chaos is unfortunately long dead.

I also tried to ask around some people that have been playing for longer if they remember an approximate timeframe on when the change was made, and if there was any specific reason to it.
Lastly, i tried to get some footage from bRO(another oficial server), wich hasn't had these changes. It was different people sending each thing, that's why the format changes.

Bowling Bash

(For documentation purposes. Since the 2nd job rebalance has hit main servers, the changes in it make this not matter anymore)

It received a 0.5s cooldown back in pre renewal days. Reason being it was abused of NoDelay, and Heim not knowing enough about NoDelay asked kRO who also knew very little about NoDelay to do something about it, so they put a hard cooldown in it.

Double Strafe

Same story as Bowling Bash, it received a 0.3s cooldown back in pre renewal. Heim decision again when trying to do something about NoDelay users back then.

Spoiler

Elemental Sword

Heim decision, back in pre renewal era.
"Bolt" Assassin was a pretty powerfull pvp build at the time, as you could have very high matk from INT alone, and the swords would allow for many spells to hit the enemy simultaneously.
 It was made so that the sword procs are self contained, meaning no outer sources can activate the sword other than itself, not even a second sword.
 You should be able to initiate/continue the chain of spells of one or two swords(assassin can dual wield) from any spell in the chain, activated by any source.

Solar Sword

Nerfed at some point in/prior to 2011(?), early renewal.
 Like every leech gear on RO, activation chances and recovered amounts should stack additively. Solar Sword at some point was bugged, with it's unequip script missing, meaning that if you put it on and removed it, it would keep the 100% activation chance, as well as stacking recovered amounts with the remaining of your gears. It was "ninja nerfed" and now it's leech effects are completely self contained, and don't interact at all with any other leech gear on your character, a completely separate roll.

Spoiler

Glorious Fist

Happened in late 2011 early 2012. "Renewal 1.0" era, by Heim.
The original effect is that it makes your Guillotine Fist instant cast when +9, the same as Bellum Claw. It was changed to -50% fixed cast time.
 Now for why this change happened is quite a trip, and the culmination of many things happening at once ( plus Heim 200 IQ fixes).

- Renewal 1.0 Guillotine Fist only stopped your natural sp regeneration, you could still use items right after it to recover sp.
- The server just had it's first HD ores event, so there were a LOT of Suras walking around in WoE with a +9 KVM Fist, thing that basically did not exist prior to this.
- There was an ongoing St. Patrick's Day event. That means TONS of Green Ales for everybody( instant 50% HP/SP heal consumable, an Ygg Seed)

With all of the above stacked, you had a scenario where every goddamn Sura and their mothers in WoE were walking around spamming insta GFists. Heim "fix" to the situation was to change the weapon effect, rather than put a cooldown on Green Ales like we have now. and add a cooldown to Green Ales, also slowly decrease it's recovery power over the year. In the following year it was made so that Green Ales regain their full effect when St. Patric's event is active.

(unfortunately i don't have bRO footage for this, no one in there seems to have a +9 KVM Fist :v)

Dragon Breath/Water Dragon Breath

Now this is a rather recent one :v
In short, DB received a 0.2s to reduce the impact of NoDelay abusers in WoE. It became a bit more bearable at the time, but there was still a very clear difference from those NDLing and those not.
 The thing is, the WoE scene has been completely nuked out of existance already, and even with the 0.2s in place, it matters very little as DB damage has skyrocketed with gears like Red Baby Dragon hat and Fafnir Scale.
Since WoE balance is not a concern for the balance of this skill, the cooldown on it doesn't make sense anymore, it only hampers it's PVM potential.

Release (Warlock)

The skill received a 1s cooldown on iRO circa 2012/2013 due to cheaters abusing packet injection to use it at impossible speeds. As stated above, WoE is not a concern anymore for balance since it doesn't exist anymore.

That should cover most things, lemme know if i missed any.
The game is super messed up balance wise already, at least let people have fun :v

Edited by Ashuckel, 30 November 2021 - 02:25 AM.

#2 ShekelShark

ShekelShark

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 504 posts
  • LocationOutside Your Window
  • Server:Trans

Posted 11 May 2020 - 04:59 PM

Elemental Sword

Heim decision, back in pre renewal era.
"Bolt" Assassin was a pretty powerfull pvp build at the time, as you could have very high matk from INT alone, and the swords would allow for many spells to hit the enemy simultaneously.
 It was made so that the sword procs are self contained, meaning no outer sources can activate the sword other than itself, not even a second sword.
 You should be able to initiate/continue the chain of spells of one or two swords(assassin can dual wield) from any spell in the chain, activated by any source.

> Elemental Sword Assassin now those were good times, now that everything is stupid broken damage they should change these back. MAKE RAGNAROK FUN AGAIN!!

shark_fin_gif.gif

#3 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 12 May 2020 - 08:05 AM

We've absolutely eclipsed what the intended limitation of most of those changes were at this point. May as well bring them back -- I don't think anyone is worried about getting double strafed or elemental sworded to death anymore. 

#4 dzn018

dzn018

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 241 posts
  • Server:iRO-Odin

Posted 14 May 2020 - 01:47 AM

I wonder if these were done through studio like what they do now for every changes or they just did it on their own?

#5 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 14 May 2020 - 01:50 AM

I wonder if these were done through studio like what they do now for every changes or they just did it on their own?

These were WP changes, most from Heim I believe.

#6 WolfTri

WolfTri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 14 May 2020 - 05:15 AM

Dragon Breath/Water Dragon Breath

Now this is a rather recent one :v
In short, DB received a 0.2s to reduce the impact of NoDelay abusers in WoE. It became a bit more bearable at the time, but there was still a very clear difference from those NDLing and those not.
 The thing is, the WoE scene has been completely nuked out of existance already, and even with the 0.2s in place, it matters very little as DB damage has skyrocketed with gears like Red Baby Dragon hat and Fafnir Scale.
Since WoE balance is not a concern for the balance of this skill, the cooldown on it doesn't make sense anymore, it only hampers it's PVM potential.

Still think it needs to be there, 0.2s is already a near insignificant cooldown and nodelay is still not blocked by EAC. Removing it would make nodelay users gain much more dps compared to regular users who will not gain very much as 5 casts of DB per second are already difficult to use.

#7 bearl

bearl

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2145 posts
  • Server:Warpportal Forum

Posted 14 May 2020 - 05:31 AM

not blocked by EAC...

hmm... whats EAC for...

#8 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 14 May 2020 - 07:58 AM

Still think it needs to be there, 0.2s is already a near insignificant cooldown and nodelay is still not blocked by EAC. Removing it would make nodelay users gain much more dps compared to regular users who will not gain very much as 5 casts of DB per second are already difficult to use.

A compromise of 0.14s cooldown could work since no one should be able to get past 7.14 attacks per second. 

#9 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 14 May 2020 - 09:43 AM

What will nodelay users gain at this point? Clear an instance potentially 10~20s faster?
Since the competitive scenario wich was the reason for the limiter isnt a factor anymore, it doesnt serve any actual purpose.

#10 WolfTri

WolfTri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 14 May 2020 - 10:09 AM

What will nodelay users gain at this point? Clear an instance potentially 10~20s faster?
Since the competitive scenario wich was the reason for the limiter isnt a factor anymore, it doesnt serve any actual purpose.

That is fair, just revolting to see I guess. I can live with that

#11 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 May 2020 - 09:57 AM

Request to regain the effect of this- https://www.divine-p...010-indonesia-1

#12 KianS

KianS

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 868 posts

Posted 20 May 2020 - 10:41 PM

Hey... not sure if CD in Mouth has the same nerf as Elemental Sword [3] or is it intended?

#13 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 21 May 2020 - 03:15 AM

CD in mouth works as intended.

#14 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 21 May 2020 - 06:09 AM

While we're at it...

...odacious balloon going back to 1 flat ASPD? ;D 

ayyy.

Edited by mildcontempt, 21 May 2020 - 08:39 AM.

#15 Jeneeus

Jeneeus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2163 posts
  • LocationEden Kitchen
  • Server:Anti-Chaos

Posted 21 May 2020 - 06:16 AM

While we're at it...

...odacious balloon going back to 1 flat ASPD? ;D 

It's already back to the intentional effect: ASPD + 1 flat, no longer percent.

#16 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 21 May 2020 - 08:39 AM

It's already back to the intentional effect: ASPD + 1 flat, no longer percent.

noice!

#17 KianS

KianS

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 868 posts

Posted 23 May 2020 - 01:11 AM

CD in mouth works as intended.

In this case, can we propose to change it to together with Elemental Sword?

#18 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 23 May 2020 - 04:10 AM

read the op?

#19 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 23 May 2020 - 01:30 PM

Can we add the backslide animation to this list? Cuz apparently kRO doesn't have it.

https://clips.twitch...otterelOSkomodo

#20 Sigma1

Sigma1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2435 posts
  • Server:TRO

Posted 09 July 2020 - 03:20 AM

Solar Sword

Nerfed at some point in/prior to 2011(?), early renewal.
 Like every leech gear on RO, activation chances and recovered amounts should stack additively. Solar Sword at some point was bugged, with it's unequip script missing, meaning that if you put it on and removed it, it would keep the 100% activation chance, as well as stacking recovered amounts with the remaining of your gears. It was "ninja nerfed" and now it's leech effects are completely self contained, and don't interact at all with any other leech gear on your character, a completely separate roll.

Spoiler

Solar Sword nerf arrived my local server today so I reconsidered if this change isn't IRO custom.

Then I did the testing in KRO.

1843769635_testsolarsword.png.ddda3296df

So look like this change is an intention from Gravity.

*I equipped sky deleter card to disable HP recovery*

Off-hand is [3 Hunter Fly] weapon. (트리플 매리셔스)

Edited by Sigma1, 09 July 2020 - 03:21 AM.

#21 Zayaan

Zayaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1800 posts

Posted 09 July 2020 - 07:25 AM

More of a buff but I noticed hunter traps are still missing their 1 second cast delay

Solar Sword nerf arrived my local server today so I reconsidered if this change isn't IRO custom.

Then I did the testing in KRO.

Spoiler

So look like this change is an intention from Gravity.

*I equipped sky deleter card to disable HP recovery*

Off-hand is [3 Hunter Fly] weapon. (트리플 매리셔스)

iRO was clearly getting patches from the future!

#22 bearl

bearl

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2145 posts
  • Server:Warpportal Forum

Posted 26 August 2020 - 01:49 AM

bump for #justice

#23 nazhioozh

nazhioozh

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 668 posts
  • LocationSantiago, Chile
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 16 December 2020 - 03:17 PM

bump for #justice

x2

Remove 0,2 Cooldown of DB RK. It has not sense now with 89% range damage reduction in WoE.  

#24 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 04 June 2021 - 07:01 PM

don't forget

#25 nazhioozh

nazhioozh

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 668 posts
  • LocationSantiago, Chile
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 17 June 2021 - 04:21 PM

don't forget

I don't forget this. The DB CD has not sense. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users