Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 955 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/thenagrarok
  • LocationMOOTXICO!
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie Forever

Posted 27 May 2020 - 12:05 AM

hello returning player here, i have a Royal guard 115/30 getting dust and wanted to fix it with the current skill/stat reset, but honestly don't know what to get because new equipment and skill rebalance

these are my current skill and stats

http://irowiki.org/~...xGS5HNaAaSan4k1

0rw4ogI.png

i remember i was aiming toward overband, cannon spear and vanishing point, but it seems the hot stuff now is  Earth drive, or if i should add rapid smitting and Gloria Domini?

thx in advance

#2 Essmikayl

Essmikayl

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 910 posts
  • Twitter:@bhismocabbage
  • Locationphone code +62
  • Server:Mayhem

Posted 27 May 2020 - 05:55 PM

welcome back!
well, as you already have 30 skill, you can choose either CS-VP-OB, or OB-ED (But ED need 38 skill point to have max benefit from shield ring)
these are key RG equipment and the requirement

+7 Imperial Boots: + Max HP/SP, + Ranged Attack, atk 20% (sacrifice must be lv5), 100% def bypass (pinpoint atk must be lv5), shield spell cooldown reduce(pretty end-game)

+10 Circlet of Phoenix: basically +Damage, Reduce Cooldown for OB (must have for OB), also give great defensive bonus when Vanguard Force is lv 5 (+max hpsp and 150def), at +10, gives 100% def bypass for free

Imperial Feather-RoyalGuard Necklace: full benefit if 120 Base AGI: 180atk, flat ASPD, immunity to blind and silence, and many more benefit revoling around VP-CS

Imperial Spear-Guard-Ring-Glove: a set bonus with full benefit from VP-CS, pretty much must have for VP-CS build

Shield Ring: a must have for ED-OB build, must have lv 5 ED to use OB, must have lv 5 Inspiration to max benefit ED
((but maximizing ED need True Randel Card, which is pretty expensive, ~2b, and need 2-3 of em))

this set will leave you ONLY armor and garment slot to change with. for armor i recommend Evil Dragon Armor, for garment i recommend Skin of Ladon

the stat is definitely SAVD
my 170 RG has:
120str
120agi
90+vit
80+dex

#3 mind1990

mind1990

I am New.

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 June 2020 - 05:46 AM

welcome back!
well, as you already have 30 skill, you can choose either CS-VP-OB, or OB-ED (But ED need 38 skill point to have max benefit from shield ring)
these are key RG equipment and the requirement

+7 Imperial Boots: + Max HP/SP, + Ranged Attack, atk 20% (sacrifice must be lv5), 100% def bypass (pinpoint atk must be lv5), shield spell cooldown reduce(pretty end-game)

+10 Circlet of Phoenix: basically +Damage, Reduce Cooldown for OB (must have for OB), also give great defensive bonus when Vanguard Force is lv 5 (+max hpsp and 150def), at +10, gives 100% def bypass for free

Imperial Feather-RoyalGuard Necklace: full benefit if 120 Base AGI: 180atk, flat ASPD, immunity to blind and silence, and many more benefit revoling around VP-CS

Imperial Spear-Guard-Ring-Glove: a set bonus with full benefit from VP-CS, pretty much must have for VP-CS build

Shield Ring: a must have for ED-OB build, must have lv 5 ED to use OB, must have lv 5 Inspiration to max benefit ED
((but maximizing ED need True Randel Card, which is pretty expensive, ~2b, and need 2-3 of em))

this set will leave you ONLY armor and garment slot to change with. for armor i recommend Evil Dragon Armor, for garment i recommend Skin of Ladon

the stat is definitely SAVD
my 170 RG has:
120str
120agi
90+vit
80+dex

I have a question about the Imperial Boots's def bypassing thing, it says physical attacks, does this mean auto attacks only or does it include closed range and long range skills such as OB and CS as well? I'm killing Ice Titans right now and I when had Pinpoint Attack lv 1, my CS damage where between 7400 to 8100. After I added another point to Pinpoint Attack to lv 2 I didn't see any increase in damage or maybe it did increased but not much, is it worth getting pinpoint lv 5?

#4 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 06 June 2020 - 06:15 AM

yes get it maxed. The def pierce is for all your skills as well.

#5 mind1990

mind1990

I am New.

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 June 2020 - 06:19 AM

Thank you for the fast response!

#6 iSilverStorml

iSilverStorml

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 24 June 2020 - 02:38 PM

Hi Sorry to steal the thread! Also a 2 year old RG wanting to restart and found this post very useful. Is the CS-VP build much more inferior than the ED-OB build now? Because CS-VP use to be the meta build and so my gear set is aimed towards that. Thank you veterans!

#7 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 24 June 2020 - 11:13 PM

Hi Sorry to steal the thread! Also a 2 year old RG wanting to restart and found this post very useful. Is the CS-VP build much more inferior than the ED-OB build now? Because CS-VP use to be the meta build and so my gear set is aimed towards that. Thank you veterans!

Cant say for all but for me, unfortunately ... yeah ED/OB build is probably better. Here ...

Ez'ist leveling method: ED --- Braindead leveling style

Mid-tier geared MvP build: OB --- High DPS, a very economical build

High-ier geared MvP build: Pure VP or VP/CS --- Highest DPS imo

Over all, VP/CS build is a MvP build anyway but if you are to level, ED all the way like a braindead retard is a way to go ... if you want to.

Edited by ChakriGuard, 24 June 2020 - 11:14 PM.

#8 iSilverStorml

iSilverStorml

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 25 June 2020 - 09:13 AM

Thank you Chakri! Have a few more questions but will open up a new thread. Feel back hijacking! Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users