Meteor Assault Power - Shadow Chaser Version - Thief Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Meteor Assault Power - Shadow Chaser Version

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 01 June 2020 - 08:20 AM

Behold....

giphy.gif

MA so overpowered I made a build on it even on SC. With Thieve's guide and enforcer shoes, SC have access to about half the power of MA on a GX (A.450% instead of 750% on shoes; B. lv5MA instead of lv10 MA).

To make up for the lower power, we simply make use of some of SC's strong buffs. As you can see in the sequence of the GIF, it is Stealth(+16 STR)-->Hide-->Sightless Mind (15% dmg boost)--> Dark Claw. The damage is around 6M per MA on H.amdarais. When the white knight combo is fixed, it will jump to around 6.5M. Still pretty neat.

Instance experience

Took her for a run on AOGH and she cleared it even smoother than my GX actually. Boss kill fast enough but the instance run is much smoother with flying kick--> MA combo. In addition, SC gets to use Aspersio for free as I've chose it as my intimidate skill (so you have access to all element without weapon swap).

giphy.gif

On another note, MA SC can probably also clear ET much easier than GX by taking Severe rainstorm as Reproduce skill instead of Dark Claw. This way, you can get through reflect stages much easier while MA still decimates all MVPs inside without Dark Claw. On Entweihen you can even just flying kick straight into him and MA for instant death, something a GX cannot do.

Stat and Gear Build

bzwwCd8.png

MA GX can go for many different kinds of stats build based on your available mid/lower HG combo, but this is not the case for SC. You are pretty much locked into Seraphim Coronet because you do not have access to skills that remove MA variable cast time from Enforcer shoes. This means that you need to have enough Int and Dex to make the variable cast negligible. On a good note, at least this means that you'll have zero HIT problems compared to certain GX builds (unless its AGI-UP).

Also, my SC is a goddamn beauty.

Skill Build

A. Normal Toy Ring Version

link: http://irowiki.org/~...jNeFedkBedjQak1

Spoiler

B. Alternate Emerald Ring Version (If you intend to use bow/DS sometimes, but don't mind missing out on some MA damage)

link: https://irowiki.org/...jNeFedkBedjQak1

Edited by blackCROSSCY, 01 June 2020 - 10:32 AM.

#2 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 01 June 2020 - 08:34 AM

Pretty noice.

Are you using the toy ring for the ATK? Since it's only +50, would be better to use emerald ring for +100, no?

You'll get less STR out of it (basically you get DEX instead of STR), but an extra 50 ATK.

Meg would be ideal ofc but that may not be reasonable for most, so just going with what's available.

Also, don't forget you can get +11 for basically free on your RTE.

Edited by mildcontempt, 01 June 2020 - 08:36 AM.

#3 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG

Posted 01 June 2020 - 08:44 AM

hahaha, yes i forgot about the upgrade. Imma go do it. 

On the note of Toy ring, it is a matter of necessity. Getting emerald ring's damage bonus requires you to add double strafe to lvl10, which also requires vulture's eyes to be lvl10. You unfortunately cannot squeeze another 10 skill points for that damage bonus without losing skill requirements for Black Feather + Thieve's guides bonuses. There is a goddamn ton of skills you need to add, like all those masquerades, invisibility, maelstrom etc. Putting 10 points into sword mastery is the best non-compromising version already, plus you should be using a sword for MA anyway. Once that's out of the way, toy ring is the obvious best choice with 10STR and 50atk.

Maybe i should also include my skill build in the post above. Gonna add it in.

#4 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 01 June 2020 - 08:49 AM

Fair enough.

I was thinking of using SC skill points into stalker skills since mine is  PVM chaser only. I'd skip out on some stuff like the divests and counter instinct (though I do enjoy CI) to get them in. Something like:

4b65c8748980f21f4f7fe2ce08cc819c.png

Edited by mildcontempt, 01 June 2020 - 08:50 AM.

#5 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG

Posted 01 June 2020 - 08:52 AM

me too, it's a PVM SC. However, i put points into scribble for the STR bonus on thieves guide. I think you can afford to miss it if you want to use emerald rings and occasional bow. My setup with toy ring and sword mastery should be stronger though (although not by much).

*edit* Stealth also gives you 16STR for 30seconds so that's another point you'll miss in your build. The overall purpose for me is still be able to finish H.amdarais within the dark claw timing, so I still want that stealth bonus in my setup. It will ultimately depend on your gears so might be a different case for you.

Edited by blackCROSSCY, 01 June 2020 - 08:55 AM.

#6 gaurus

gaurus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 560 posts
  • LocationJuno

Posted 01 June 2020 - 09:00 AM

wow~ master of all trades, jack of none. 

#7 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 01 June 2020 - 09:24 AM

me too, it's a PVM SC. However, i put points into scribble for the STR bonus on thieves guide. I think you can afford to miss it if you want to use emerald rings and occasional bow. My setup with toy ring and sword mastery should be stronger though (although not by much).

*edit* Stealth also gives you 16STR for 30seconds so that's another point you'll miss in your build. The overall purpose for me is still be able to finish H.amdarais within the dark claw timing, so I still want that stealth bonus in my setup. It will ultimately depend on your gears so might be a different case for you.

There's enough leftover points to get Stealth. 

There's a 10 STR difference that I'm proposing (but 50ATK) that I think can be bridged.

Either way, my guess is it will be so close you wouldn't be shut out of any content with either approach. 

I just like having bow options open.

Edited by mildcontempt, 01 June 2020 - 09:24 AM.

#8 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG

Posted 01 June 2020 - 10:16 AM

both should work. I think i'll include urs into the skill build too. Not having sword mastery and using emerald ring while having double strafe can let you keep dark claw and use DS for ET reflect stages instead. Bit slower on the kill, but at least you won't have to reproduce another skill in pvp (which is really troublesome).

Edited by blackCROSSCY, 01 June 2020 - 10:34 AM.

#9 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 01 June 2020 - 11:10 AM

True, it's just good to see SC has some real PVM options though.

#10 bearl

bearl

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2148 posts
  • Server:Warpportal Forum

Posted 01 June 2020 - 08:53 PM

giphy.gif

^ this every melee class dream

Edited by bearl, 01 June 2020 - 08:54 PM.

#11 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 01 June 2020 - 08:56 PM

Nice, so you swap out some damage for some major QOL.

#12 Johnny411

Johnny411

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 02 June 2020 - 11:43 AM

What are the best bow equipment for severe rainstorm for those who are looking to do ET? Never tried thief class for ET, they seemed to lack ranged aoe but this is interesting indeed and worth some investment to play.

#13 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 06 June 2020 - 07:42 AM

Have you tried it on bio5? GX may have CI to close the gap but it has acd that makes it a bit wonky when fighting archer mobs.

Also, don't forget you can get +11 for basically free on your RTE.

What's this about?

#14 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG

Posted 06 June 2020 - 08:16 AM

Probably works just the same but easier time against archers. In exchange, Seyren could be little bit harder since u need 2 hits instead of oneshot (some risk of getting burst).  I'm done with bio5 generally. Feels like the reward to time spent isn't worth atm with 1m frags. Prefer to relax at new instance with many different characters. Lots of variety and equally rewarding.

New UI currently has 100% chance of any upgrade from +10 to 11. 

Edited by blackCROSSCY, 06 June 2020 - 08:17 AM.

#15 dcdsdss

dcdsdss

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 09 June 2020 - 10:06 PM

Behold....

giphy.gif

MA so overpowered I made a build on it even on SC. With Thieve's guide and enforcer shoes, SC have access to about half the power of MA on a GX (A.450% instead of 750% on shoes; B. lv5MA instead of lv10 MA).

To make up for the lower power, we simply make use of some of SC's strong buffs. As you can see in the sequence of the GIF, it is Stealth(+16 STR)-->Hide-->Sightless Mind (15% dmg boost)--> Dark Claw. The damage is around 6M per MA on H.amdarais. When the white knight combo is fixed, it will jump to around 6.5M. Still pretty neat.

Instance experience
Took her for a run on AOGH and she cleared it even smoother than my GX actually. Boss kill fast enough but the instance run is much smoother with flying kick--> MA combo. In addition, SC gets to use Aspersio for free as I've chose it as my intimidate skill (so you have access to all element without weapon swap).

giphy.gif

On another note, MA SC can probably also clear ET much easier than GX by taking Severe rainstorm as Reproduce skill instead of Dark Claw. This way, you can get through reflect stages much easier while MA still decimates all MVPs inside without Dark Claw. On Entweihen you can even just flying kick straight into him and MA for instant death, something a GX cannot do.

Stat and Gear Build
bzwwCd8.png

MA GX can go for many different kinds of stats build based on your available mid/lower HG combo, but this is not the case for SC. You are pretty much locked into Seraphim Coronet because you do not have access to skills that remove MA variable cast time from Enforcer shoes. This means that you need to have enough Int and Dex to make the variable cast negligible. On a good note, at least this means that you'll have zero HIT problems compared to certain GX builds (unless its AGI-UP).

Skill Build
A. Normal Toy Ring Version
link: http://irowiki.org/~...jNeFedkBedjQak1

Spoiler

B. Alternate Emerald Ring Version (If you intend to use bow/DS sometimes, but don't mind missing out on some MA damage)
link: https://irowiki.org/...jNeFedkBedjQak1

A damn nice guides, solved my problem facing ET.

May I ask, you are dealing 600m+ damage on last MVP right,
how is the damage on the same MVP with GX?

My GX maybe bugged.. I do 700m+ on last MVP, I’m very suprised that lv 5 MA with no GX skills for enforcer shoes can achieve the damage

#16 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG

Posted 09 June 2020 - 11:24 PM

Your char probably not optimised in damage. Pretty standard for a gx to do around 7m especially if you're just using katar. My gx deals ~15m without megs, but he's pretty much optimised for maximum dmg at mvp.

Edited by blackCROSSCY, 09 June 2020 - 11:31 PM.

#17 dcdsdss

dcdsdss

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 10 June 2020 - 03:32 AM

Your char probably not optimised in damage. Pretty standard for a gx to do around 7m especially if you're just using katar. My gx deals ~15m without megs, but he's pretty much optimised for maximum dmg at mvp.

could you share your GX stat and gears which can do 15m?
I also remember my GX MA on Stephen MVP 5m, how many damage SC deal?

#18 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG

Posted 10 June 2020 - 04:01 AM

dono about stefan with SC, too lazy to go farm that instance ^^ i’ve sworn it off after weeks inside for a weap lmao (last year btw).

For gx, i’m not too inclined to share since there is a guide by nirvana already. You may follow his guide for what to do or have fun exploring how to increase the damage yourself. It’s part of the fun to experiment after all

Edited by blackCROSSCY, 10 June 2020 - 04:03 AM.

#19 youkidding12

youkidding12

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 10 June 2020 - 06:55 AM

dono about stefan with SC, too lazy to go farm that instance ^^ i’ve sworn it off after weeks inside for a weap lmao (last year btw).

For gx, i’m not too inclined to share since there is a guide by nirvana already. You may follow his guide for what to do or have fun exploring how to increase the damage yourself. It’s part of the fun to experiment after all

okay, thx but how can you have Assumptio, fly kick and dark craw at the same times? 

#20 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 June 2020 - 07:14 AM

okay, thx but how can you have Assumptio, fly kick and dark craw at the same times?

The first two are from thieves guide just like MA. Trans skill can't be copied by Intimidate or Reproduce. Dark Claw is copied thru Reproduce.

Edit:

My bad, Flying Kick is not from Thieves Guide but from Black Feather.

Edited by ChaoticRK, 12 June 2020 - 08:48 AM.

#21 youkidding12

youkidding12

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 10 June 2020 - 08:25 AM

The first two are from thieves guide just like MA. Trans skill can't be copied by Intimidate or Reproduce. Dark Claw is copied thru Reproduce.

sry. I mean Aspersio and flying click and Dark Craw?

#22 Avantklein

Avantklein

I am New.

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 June 2020 - 09:38 AM

sry. I mean Aspersio and flying click and Dark Craw?

Aspersio->Plagiarism

Flying kick->Black Feather

Dark Claw->Reproduce

#23 youkidding12

youkidding12

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 10 June 2020 - 09:52 AM

Aspersio->Plagiarism

Flying kick->Black Feather

Dark Claw->Reproduce

Oh. thank you... I totally forgot to look at Black Feather!!!!!

#24 dcdsdss

dcdsdss

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 10 June 2020 - 03:22 PM

hahaha, yes i forgot about the upgrade. Imma go do it.

On the note of Toy ring, it is a matter of necessity. Getting emerald ring's damage bonus requires you to add double strafe to lvl10, which also requires vulture's eyes to be lvl10. You unfortunately cannot squeeze another 10 skill points for that damage bonus without losing skill requirements for Black Feather + Thieve's guides bonuses. There is a goddamn ton of skills you need to add, like all those masquerades, invisibility, maelstrom etc. Putting 10 points into sword mastery is the best non-compromising version already, plus you should be using a sword for MA anyway. Once that's out of the way, toy ring is the obvious best choice with 10STR and 50atk.

Maybe i should also include my skill build in the post above. Gonna add it in.

if one want to use server rainstorm to clear ET, using emerald ringx2 will SC get buffed the skills, actually will it cast troubles not bringing Dark Craw to ET?

look for your SC MA + Server Rainstorm ET gameplay :D

#25 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 10 June 2020 - 05:02 PM

How do you build an MA-SR hybrid? won't that compromise dmg output of the two skills a lot?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users