RT: Crusader Shield Boomerang Best Weapon. - Swordsman Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

RT: Crusader Shield Boomerang Best Weapon.

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 J4ckNapier

J4ckNapier

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 01 June 2020 - 09:25 AM

Hi,

I just want to check with you guys if you know what weapon should I use for Shield Boomerang.

On the video from the rebalance the Sader was doing 6k+ damage.

I tested this on a +7 shield and +7 Saber Neutral damage to alarms and i Get 1k damage only

I have 70 str

TIA

#2 EdwardEG

EdwardEG

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 613 posts
  • LocationWarga +62
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 01 June 2020 - 10:27 PM

Sacred mission or Stone buckler shield provides higher weight than Shield. But both are obtained from WoE castle drops (not sure if ground deleter drops stone buckler in current RT episode?)

Tamruan card provides additional +10% skill boost dmg. But still, shield boomerang at this moment is undermined skill. Wait until RT release SL class and with its buff, damage can be huge with lesser delay.

Edited by EdwardEG, 01 June 2020 - 10:28 PM.

#3 J4ckNapier

J4ckNapier

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 02 June 2020 - 07:52 AM

Was asking about what weapon should I use. 

I'm not sure about the current damage calculation for SB now, before it uses racial cards disregarding the weapon atk.

#4 kuhrama

kuhrama

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 02 June 2020 - 11:12 AM

Hi there!

SB completely ignores any weapon atk and % cards/ atk cards (i.e. SW or Andre) put in the weapon. That's why EdwardEG suggested you to use heavy shield and a well refined one. :D

(beware that it considers attack provided by cards that are not in the weapon, like porcellio, and scale with character atk (provided by STR, DEX and LUK. I have around STR 80, DEX 60 and luk 40ish and hit around 5k (6k when buffed by Loud Exclamation)

I have a +7 shield with Tamruan and a +7 tsurugi with two AS (as I'm using Grand Cross as aoe skill mostly and GC is affected by AS)

This is known information, you can even find it on irowiki: https://irowiki.org/...hield_Boomerang

Hope this was helpful

Edited by kuhrama, 02 June 2020 - 12:44 PM.

#5 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 02 June 2020 - 11:31 AM

I just tested a quadruple boned MG and a quadruple flammable MG versus a quadruple mali MG (control) against fire eggs, and the boned and flammable MG did more damage. 

I think they work now since the rebalance. See screenshots:

Boned:

da96126084395042e29560ec4e9bd410.jpg[

Flammable:

42a4cd7e126b72f34de355c082df040e.jpg

and for the control, the malicious (which should have no damage bonus):

ed0dbe4a165c6c5e50636ba15b23ba95.jpg

Weapon ATK and equip ATK (shield spell) also increased the damage.

So... yeah.

Edited by mildcontempt, 02 June 2020 - 11:32 AM.

#6 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 02 June 2020 - 11:53 AM

Strange that i just level'ed Crusader through Shield boomerage. Will upload video later as one data is corrupted lol

What affects SB damage

1. Shield weight

2. Weapon ATK and refinement

3. Cards (Race, Element, Size) However, Archer skeleton works best but it's kindly to be the most expensive card, yet, most versatile one.

4. Ranged mods work (best actually)

5. Converter works.

Good luck. For me, I would just use +9 Pike with cards and Stone shield lol

Note, my hunch tells me that Shield refinement doesnt work. I will have to quickly test it later.

Edited by ChakriGuard, 02 June 2020 - 11:56 AM.

#7 J4ckNapier

J4ckNapier

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 02 June 2020 - 12:11 PM

Thank you guys for all the infos.

Did not expect Chakri to be here lol!

Was trying to build SB sader for WOE :)

#8 J4ckNapier

J4ckNapier

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 03 June 2020 - 10:48 AM

Hi there!

SB completely ignores any weapon atk and % cards/ atk cards (i.e. SW or Andre) put in the weapon. That's why EdwardEG suggested you to use heavy shield and a well refined one. :D

(beware that it considers attack provided by cards that are not in the weapon, like porcellio, and scale with character atk (provided by STR, DEX and LUK. I have around STR 80, DEX 60 and luk 40ish and hit around 5k (6k when buffed by Loud Exclamation)

I have a +7 shield with Tamruan and a +7 tsurugi with two AS (as I'm using Grand Cross as aoe skill mostly and GC is affected by AS)

This is known information, you can even find it on irowiki: https://irowiki.org/...hield_Boomerang

Hope this was helpful

What's your current build on stat for GC? is it even effective in PVP? I can't find videos for SB even to monsters since rebalance.

TIA

#9 kuhrama

kuhrama

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 03 June 2020 - 11:59 AM

What's your current build on stat for GC? is it even effective in PVP? I can't find videos for SB even to monsters since rebalance.

TIA

As I'm more of a PvM player, I'm not sure how GC is for PvP, but I can tell you that it is more than enough to kill Raydrics, Abysmal knights, Dark Ilussion, Dark Lord and more high level undead/demons that I've faced.

I currently have
STR 8x
AGI 1
VIT 6x
INT 4x
DEX 5x
LUK 3x

I only have this much DEX cos I also use SB and I need HIT for high level creatures, but if I was pure GC, I'd use less DEX than this and redistribute the points.

Hope I've helped!

#10 J4ckNapier

J4ckNapier

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 03 June 2020 - 01:55 PM

As I'm more of a PvM player, I'm not sure how GC is for PvP, but I can tell you that it is more than enough to kill Raydrics, Abysmal knights, Dark Ilussion, Dark Lord and more high level undead/demons that I've faced.

I currently have
STR 8x
AGI 1
VIT 6x
INT 4x
DEX 5x
LUK 3x

I only have this much DEX cos I also use SB and I need HIT for high level creatures, but if I was pure GC, I'd use less DEX than this and redistribute the points.

Hope I've helped!

Nice! you've been a big help to my inquiries.

Is "INT" not that good anymore as a main stat for GC? does Endow work with it?

Not sure how much damage you do with 1 cast of GC. I see saders at Grand Peco doing 6k damage with SB but they are not giving me answers whenever I try to ask their builds or weapon. 

TIA

#11 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts

Posted 03 June 2020 - 02:47 PM

TIA

Never Pv"ed in RT but from my experiences, nah ... lol

GC can be endowed with converters but still, if the target wears a Holy armor, even if your GC hits, it will be low. Also, the cast time ... is long. A thief class can just backslide out from small GC AoE. Same to Monk which can just snap out.

However in WoE, where Undead armors are quite common. That's when GC might work. The problem is, the more targets in GC, the lower damage it hits. Might as well go with Holy cross lol

#12 J4ckNapier

J4ckNapier

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 03 June 2020 - 04:41 PM

Never Pv"ed in RT but from my experiences, nah ... lol

GC can be endowed with converters but still, if the target wears a Holy armor, even if your GC hits, it will be low. Also, the cast time ... is long. A thief class can just backslide out from small GC AoE. Same to Monk which can just snap out.

However in WoE, where Undead armors are quite common. That's when GC might work. The problem is, the more targets in GC, the lower damage it hits. Might as well go with Holy cross lol

Oh I see so the damage gets divided. I thought it was fixed per monster.

SB doesn't do much to I guess. I was just trying to think of uncommon build to play with for WOE.

Got bored seeing HC/BS/BB Asura :P

#13 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts

Posted 04 June 2020 - 04:56 AM

Oh I see so the damage gets divided. I thought it was fixed per monster.

SB doesn't do much to I guess. I was just trying to think of uncommon build to play with for WOE.

Got bored seeing HC/BS/BB Asura :P

Was it fixed/changed? I have no idea hahaha

#14 RonaldD

RonaldD

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 June 2020 - 02:20 AM

I just tested a quadruple boned MG and a quadruple flammable MG versus a quadruple mali MG (control) against fire eggs, and the boned and flammable MG did more damage. 

I think they work now since the rebalance. See screenshots:

Boned:

da96126084395042e29560ec4e9bd410.jpg[

Flammable:

42a4cd7e126b72f34de355c082df040e.jpg

and for the control, the malicious (which should have no damage bonus):

ed0dbe4a165c6c5e50636ba15b23ba95.jpg

I tried in RT. weapon attack, weapon upgrade, attack enchant affect the damage of Sb

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users