[Chaos] Help with RG build - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

[Chaos] Help with RG build

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
28 replies to this topic

#1 hannadisney

hannadisney

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 22 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 June 2020 - 08:23 AM

Hey guys! i'm doing an Royal Guard and i need help with somethings about that class cause i never had one before.

Actually i'm level 113/23 and my build will be vanishing point + cannon spear, so i wanna know what i can change on my gears or stats/skills and i wish you guys post medium price gears and expensive gears cause now i don't have much money but i pretend make better after.

BBSAIhO.jpgDYy741p.jpg1qOVjgy.jpg

DtpGBZr.jpg

4LMm56P.jpg

#2 VileCharmander

VileCharmander

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 174 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 19 June 2020 - 10:29 AM

VP/CS was how I leveled my RG! I did it long before Shield Ring was available. It seems like every new RG I see running around nowadays is fixated on using ED builds, and completely forgets where RGs came from in the before time.

For expensive gears, I personally cannot recommend highly enough saving up for the full Imperial set. Now that we have all the pieces available on our server, you will get SO MUCH use out of them with this type of build.

As far as cheap benefits to improve things in the short term for you, I would recommend getting your Pinpoint Attack up to max. Coupled with the Imperial Boots that should give you 100% DEF bypass, which should help a lot. In addition, if you can upgrade the boots to +7 that will give you a nice boost to your max HP, SP, and more long-range damage to make your VP stronger.

That's just my $0.02. :D

#3 hannadisney

hannadisney

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 June 2020 - 10:44 AM

VP/CS was how I leveled my RG! I did it long before Shield Ring was available. It seems like every new RG I see running around nowadays is fixated on using ED builds, and completely forgets where RGs came from in the before time.

For expensive gears, I personally cannot recommend highly enough saving up for the full Imperial set. Now that we have all the pieces available on our server, you will get SO MUCH use out of them with this type of build.

As far as cheap benefits to improve things in the short term for you, I would recommend getting your Pinpoint Attack up to max. Coupled with the Imperial Boots that should give you 100% DEF bypass, which should help a lot. In addition, if you can upgrade the boots to +7 that will give you a nice boost to your max HP, SP, and more long-range damage to make your VP stronger.

That's just my $0.02. :D

My boots already is +7.

Blacksmith gloves is a good choice for now? 

If you can send me a print of your RG skill tree i would appreciate it :3

Edited by hannadisney, 19 June 2020 - 10:50 AM.

#4 gaurus

gaurus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 560 posts
  • LocationJuno
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 June 2020 - 03:57 PM

In my opinion, there are just better options instead of blacksmith glove.

Like Imperial glove and Imperial ring for accessories . Couple with Imperial Feather and royal guard necklace for more bonuses.

I don't know about prices. But you can Google these item and see for yourself whether it is worth it.

Disclaimer, I don't play rg but often see my friend equip and that's like their default equip when using vanishing point build.

There's also Shield ring, which is godly because it reduce delay so can spam skill more. Not necessarily limited to earth drive only.

#5 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 19 June 2020 - 06:11 PM

I'm about to make a part 3 of my RG journey. It should be helpful to you one way or another. Hmm ...

This is part 2: High novice to Royal guard. Since you're already a RG, I think part 3 will be more relevant to you. However, I'm quite too busy to level my RG but I should be able ot post a video soon.

https://www.youtube....h?v=XO1Bw8mA8NY

#6 coolvampire

coolvampire

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 441 posts

Posted 19 June 2020 - 07:14 PM

I'm about to make a part 3 of my RG journey. It should be helpful to you one way or another. Hmm ...

This is part 2: High novice to Royal guard. Since you're already a RG, I think part 3 will be more relevant to you. However, I'm quite too busy to level my RG but I should be able ot post a video soon.

Lol i made a RG because of watching your video a long time ago. This guy is an inspiriation

#7 hannadisney

hannadisney

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 June 2020 - 07:20 PM

https://www.youtube....h?v=XO1Bw8mA8NY

Ok Chakri, i saw some your videos on youtube, but i didn't find something about what i was looking for.

I will wait the part 3, thank you :3

#8 coolvampire

coolvampire

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 441 posts

Posted 20 June 2020 - 06:19 AM

RG vanishing build is fun, check this out 

https://youtu.be/vMx4aiepeMU

#9 hannadisney

hannadisney

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 June 2020 - 06:38 AM

RG vanishing build is fun, check this out 

https://youtu.be/vMx4aiepeMU

My build are so wrong :/
I got bash level 5 only, not got sacrifice to work with the imperial boots, i need to reset :/

#10 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts

Posted 20 June 2020 - 04:44 PM

My build are so wrong :/
I got bash level 5 only, not got sacrifice to work with the imperial boots, i need to reset :/

Guess im gonna go ahead and give you my personal opinions first then since I will be too busy to make a part 3 vid

(1) Gears

First option

I think, imo ... get Imperial Feather asap. Its the best thing you can invest right now. Doesnt matter if you are gonna use VP/CS + OB or OB/ED build. Its a good item.

1. Imperial Feather

2. Imperial Ring

3. Imperial Glove

4. Get your Imperial spear to +12

Then you will good all the way to level 140 before you start doing Bio4

Second option

ED build is however the best leveling build for now ie if you only want to press 1 hotkey. VP/CS/OB requires more works to do. CS and OB needed to learn to use properly. The issue is, sine your job is 23, so you have 22 Job points to use.  This means to at least start using ED efficiently you need 13 more Jobs, in order to get ED level 2. Inspiration level 5 and Pinpoint level 5.

So either, you go with First option up there (Imperial set) or you get 2 Shield rings ready for your ED build. How are you gonna level to get 13 extra jobs to start using ED build? You can use current gears to do TI. Drag mobs in a line and use Cannon spear first, then follow with Over brand. This should wipe mobs. When you claim rewards from Gramps, get all on Jobs. You already have an Anemos shield as well. So ... just max Cannon spear. Then when you're ready to use ED, just reset your skills.

(2) Skill trees

First 1st job skill tree. You dont need Swords mastery (14 points there). Get 5 points on Bash and the other 5 points on Increase HP rec. And last 4 points on Provoke lvl 9.

For 2nd job skill tree. Get Sacrifice level 5 since you already use Imperial Boots. Get Grand cross level 5 for further RG skills.

#11 hannadisney

hannadisney

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 June 2020 - 10:26 AM

Guess im gonna go ahead and give you my personal opinions first then since I will be too busy to make a part 3 vid

(1) Gears

First option

I think, imo ... get Imperial Feather asap. Its the best thing you can invest right now. Doesnt matter if you are gonna use VP/CS + OB or OB/ED build. Its a good item.

1. Imperial Feather

2. Imperial Ring

3. Imperial Glove

4. Get your Imperial spear to +12

Then you will good all the way to level 140 before you start doing Bio4

Second option

ED build is however the best leveling build for now ie if you only want to press 1 hotkey. VP/CS/OB requires more works to do. CS and OB needed to learn to use properly. The issue is, sine your job is 23, so you have 22 Job points to use.  This means to at least start using ED efficiently you need 13 more Jobs, in order to get ED level 2. Inspiration level 5 and Pinpoint level 5.

So either, you go with First option up there (Imperial set) or you get 2 Shield rings ready for your ED build. How are you gonna level to get 13 extra jobs to start using ED build? You can use current gears to do TI. Drag mobs in a line and use Cannon spear first, then follow with Over brand. This should wipe mobs. When you claim rewards from Gramps, get all on Jobs. You already have an Anemos shield as well. So ... just max Cannon spear. Then when you're ready to use ED, just reset your skills.

(2) Skill trees

First 1st job skill tree. You dont need Swords mastery (14 points there). Get 5 points on Bash and the other 5 points on Increase HP rec. And last 4 points on Provoke lvl 9.

For 2nd job skill tree. Get Sacrifice level 5 since you already use Imperial Boots. Get Grand cross level 5 for further RG skills.

Ok Chakri, thank's so much!
Actually i'm 124 leveling at bio 2/scaraba, do you think is a good choice already increase pinpoint now?

And about my stats, what i can increase now at this level? 

eEwPpCV.jpg

#12 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts

Posted 21 June 2020 - 04:26 PM

Ok Chakri, thank's so much!
Actually i'm 124 leveling at bio 2/scaraba, do you think is a good choice already increase pinpoint now?

And about my stats, what i can increase now at this level? 

eEwPpCV.jpg

This is my final stat. Tbh I wish my Luck was higher than 20 but this seems to be the most ideal build to suit my play style and items.

QwVTAm9.png

So, there is nothing to fix on your stats. Just ... it could've been better. For now, you should get Int and Luck. Since you only have 1 each, investing on them is very cheap ie. takes only 2 points. Then get Incubus pet and Malicious shadow set, you will rarely have problems with HP/SP leech. If your SP happens to be exhausted, eat few straws so you can mobs and hope to get some SP back.

When I said it couldve been better is that your Agi right now aint that important, esp. if you dont have Imperial Feather. Why? Becasue VP ... is a MvPing skill. Until then, when you're low level, you dont need high Agi yet, around 30ish should be more than enough to have a decent CS/OB skill anime (Combo'ed with a Berserk point nad Spear quicken). But it's ok. You dont need to reset your stats.

Like I said, just mob with CS/OB for now. If you can one shot with CS, great. If you can one shot with OB, cool. So pick whichever skill you wanna master (Eventually you will have to master both skills anyway to learn how to use them properly). If neither can one shot mobs, then CS first follow with OB.

At this point, you ned to get the Glorious spear. You will need it for Bio 4 anyway when you hit level 140+. Scaraba can be good. Used Fire Converters. If you almost one shot them but you dont, then use Mag. break frequently. Since M. break doesnt have a that annoying skill delay anymore, it is very handy to boost your damage against Scarabs. 

For max'ing PPA, thats up to you. If you dont have problems killing mobs, I would go toward defense such as Prestige or Force of Vanguard. But if you have problems killing mobsters even after using CS/OB (I doubt it), then go for PPA to get 100% bypass.

If you dont have +15 Crimson Spear (holy) or at least +10, should get one at this point.

#13 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts

Posted 21 June 2020 - 04:29 PM

When you hit level 140+ and you wanna pratice your RG, Bio 4 is actually a very good place to solo if you want to horn your RG-playing skills. Note, you go there to improve your skills. Dont mind burning supplies.

Key items: KvM spear, +15 Crimson spear [Holy], ED/OB gear set (ie. +10 COF, 2 Shield rings), and Armor of Purple Thread.

https://www.youtube....h?v=Nmmp0yhblrA

#14 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts

Posted 21 June 2020 - 04:38 PM

Lol i made a RG because of watching your video a long time ago. This guy is an inspiriation

Welcome to the path of justice #RG  :D

#15 hannadisney

hannadisney

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 June 2020 - 06:29 PM

This is my final stat. Tbh I wish my Luck was higher than 20 but this seems to be the most ideal build to suit my play style and items.

QwVTAm9.png

So, there is nothing to fix on your stats. Just ... it could've been better. For now, you should get Int and Luck. Since you only have 1 each, investing on them is very cheap ie. takes only 2 points. Then get Incubus pet and Malicious shadow set, you will rarely have problems with HP/SP leech. If your SP happens to be exhausted, eat few straws so you can mobs and hope to get some SP back.

When I said it couldve been better is that your Agi right now aint that important, esp. if you dont have Imperial Feather. Why? Becasue VP ... is a MvPing skill. Until then, when you're low level, you dont need high Agi yet, around 30ish should be more than enough to have a decent CS/OB skill anime (Combo'ed with a Berserk point nad Spear quicken). But it's ok. You dont need to reset your stats.

Like I said, just mob with CS/OB for now. If you can one shot with CS, great. If you can one shot with OB, cool. So pick whichever skill you wanna master (Eventually you will have to master both skills anyway to learn how to use them properly). If neither can one shot mobs, then CS first follow with OB.

At this point, you ned to get the Glorious spear. You will need it for Bio 4 anyway when you hit level 140+. Scaraba can be good. Used Fire Converters. If you almost one shot them but you dont, then use Mag. break frequently. Since M. break doesnt have a that annoying skill delay anymore, it is very handy to boost your damage against Scarabs. 

For max'ing PPA, thats up to you. If you dont have problems killing mobs, I would go toward defense such as Prestige or Force of Vanguard. But if you have problems killing mobsters even after using CS/OB (I doubt it), then go for PPA to get 100% bypass.

If you dont have +15 Crimson Spear (holy) or at least +10, should get one at this point.

Ok, thank you teacher!  :D

#16 coolvampire

coolvampire

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 441 posts

Posted 21 June 2020 - 10:29 PM

Welcome to the path of justice #RG  :D

lately, i neglected RG and been seduce by the dark side of GX and SC since MA have been buffed up.

although most of the time, it only took 2+ minutes earlier to finished the instances with GX compare to other classes lol 

#17 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts

Posted 21 June 2020 - 10:32 PM

Thats understandable. MA is just too broken as its been pointed out countless times. You play RG class with love, at this point hahaha

#18 VileCharmander

VileCharmander

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 174 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 22 June 2020 - 08:53 AM

My boots already is +7.

Blacksmith gloves is a good choice for now? 

If you can send me a print of your RG skill tree i would appreciate it :3

According to the spreadsheet I have where I keep track of things, this was the skill build I was using to level until I hit 175 way back in the day:

http://irowiki.org/~...5HS1rFrAbqkAak1

I can't say I ever used the BSG. I got myself an Imperial Ring from OCP XII the month it was released and used that in conjunction with a Bakonawa Agimat Tattoo that I had until the Imperial Glove was released in OCP XIV, then I used the two Imperial pieces together. BSG is not a bad item per se if you've already got it, but it's not going to give you as much bonuses as either of the Imperial pieces will in the long run in my opinion.

#19 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 22 June 2020 - 09:39 AM

pretty dumb to use bsg when you are wearing imperial boots. Just get that def pierce as fast as possible; right after you have your VP and CS/OB (whatever ur main leveling skill). The full def pierce is a big deal for lvling in NCT in my experience (1-shot with VP and CS).

#20 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts

Posted 22 June 2020 - 04:29 PM

Tbh, acc. for RG are Imperial Ring, Imperial Glove, Shield ring, and Verus core. You can pretty much ignore the rest.

#21 yauhoilun

yauhoilun

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 22 June 2020 - 06:05 PM

RG is meg and hammer I remember from Chakri’s last video

#22 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 23 June 2020 - 04:55 AM

Increase HP recovery should be lv10 on any Swordsman build ever.

#23 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts

Posted 23 June 2020 - 04:08 PM

Ok, thank you teacher!  :D

My bad ... you need Agi around 40-50. That Agi 30 was for WoE build.

Anyway, here is part 3. Hope it can be somewhat helpful

https://www.youtube....h?v=sbq4u8HRx1g

#24 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 25 June 2020 - 12:24 AM

You should party up together with an AB, theres alot of fun with someone buffing you with superior buffs.

#25 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 25 June 2020 - 12:50 AM

Here is the sample gear build for the bare minimum required for a fully functioning support AB to help complement your RG playstyle. Grab a friend to come play as an AB just for you. Will do wonders!

rSfWVuB.jpg

Edited by PervySageMarty, 25 June 2020 - 12:57 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users