4 replies to this topic

#1 iSilverStorml

iSilverStorml

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 25 June 2020 - 09:27 AM

Hey guys!

After about 2 years, want to check out how iRO is doing and if its worth investing some $ and time again.

Basically have a lvl164 RG - was leveling at NCT with a CS/VP/OB build / gear

Gears I have:

- full imperial set (except for boots) including +12 double liberation imp spear

- PDM

- +9 FAW (menblatt) EA9?

- +9 happy flaping angel wings

- +9 Mad bunny shield [1]

- +9 Mighty black threaded armor

My goal is to at least be able to farm some useful instances to make some Zenies in the future and do some MVPing to get cards. Can someone give me a little guidance?

1) So i have done some preliminary research and it seams like ED/OB is now the way to go (ingeneral) but I'm not sure if its worth investing time to sell and re-buy everything?

2) Also I am unsure of the pricing with everything now. Seams like FAW have dropped in price significantly these days. Also without Ragial, its harder to track prices. Can someone give me a quick overview/price check so I can see if I even have enough to transfer to an ED build if needed.

3) Is the game as active as it was 2 years ago? and anything "major" that I should be aware about since then? 

Thank you all very much!!!!

#2 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 26 June 2020 - 12:29 PM

If your goal is to make zeny, then RG aint for you. Make a GX. But if your goal is to have fun, then ... RG is for you. Let me know if you still wanna play RG.

Main profitable instances right now: AOGH, Sky (RNG for JDR), Faceworm, Seagods, and ET

#3 iSilverStorml

iSilverStorml

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 26 June 2020 - 03:39 PM

If your goal is to make zeny, then RG aint for you. Make a GX. But if your goal is to have fun, then ... RG is for you. Let me know if you still wanna play RG.

Main profitable instances right now: AOGH, Sky (RNG for JDR), Faceworm, Seagods, and ET

Thank you for your honest opinion! I have always wanted to max out my RG and take him for some MVP runs! It has always been a goal. So even if I make a Gx, I would love to continue my RG first! Thank you Chakri! Have always valued your experience and help!

#4 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 28 June 2020 - 04:27 PM

Ok ... so the real end game build, imo or the build that I use right now, is VP/CS/OB. Basicallt you just need 2 sets of gears, one for VP/CS and the other is for OB. ED is only good for Leveling, imo. ED is literally the easiest skill right now to level as it is a braindead thing to use. Just AoE around you to wipe mobsters. It's much easier and simpler compared to CS and OB.

1) So i have done some preliminary research and it seams like ED/OB is now the way to go (ingeneral) but I'm not sure if its worth investing time to sell and re-buy everything?

No, but you can work on obtaining more gears for OB guilds. It can be useful for clearing ET and mobs. Going full OB build aint recommended because you also need Ranged skills to do AOGH. Nighmare Amdarais has Reflect, so you cant really OB him. 

2) Also I am unsure of the pricing with everything now. Seams like FAW have dropped in price significantly these days. Also without Ragial, its harder to track prices. Can someone give me a quick overview/price check so I can see if I even have enough to transfer to an ED build if needed.

I guess for this one you need to just continue checking iRO market facebook page.

3) Is the game as active as it was 2 years ago? and anything "major" that I should be aware about since then? 

Nope, its meh ... 1.5k - 1.8k online, including bots and AFKs. 

My notes

1. My skill build 

UbvZrPT.png

UbvZrPT.png

M1qiFs9.png

Note, since I use MoT. I only have PPA level 1. For you, you want PPA level 5 to get 100% Def bypass. You can take 4 points from Guard and 1 point on Piety to level 2. Dont use Guard level 5 because it sucks. I leave my Spear quicken level 1 because with Agi 120, and Imperial Feather set and costume +1 ASPD, it's easy to reach ASPD 190. Remember, you grind/kill mobs with OB/VP/CS. So I only use Spear quicken to get ASPD 193 only when I fight MvPs.

2. My stats

U6SoGYH.png

3. My main default items. There are other items that are situational too ie. Gelerdria spear + Storm stone, Tri-dresses (Abyss, Nature, and Icefall), Armor of Purple Thread, Excellion shield, Imuke shield, Illusion sacred shield, Skin of Gwiber, Skin of Ladon, Enforcer Cape, Verus core, etc.

BmE98iP.png

So with this stat and skill tree, you will be able to do both VP/CS build and OB build. However you will not be able to spam ED but like I said, imo, ED is only for ez leveling but for end game, to do instances, its either VP/CS or pure VP, or OB.

AOGH:

Imuke shield (Teddy Bear Card), Enforcer cap, to reduce damage from Undead archer. Boss fight, either pure VP or VP/CS. Magician Knit Hat is good too if you wanna do pure VP.

Sky:

Dont really recommend doing it with RG. It's slow to climb the fortress unless you wanna carry more items for Perfect dodge build (note, at this point to be able to do both VP/CS and OB builds, you're already carrying 25+ items, I dont know if you can even carry more tbh lol)and just run straight up to boss fight lol. Note that JDR is getting cheaper cus every GX, both pro and noob, just spam this instance so easily. You may need True hit items ie Armor of Purple Thread if your damage sucks and Stefan uses Hallu walk lol

Faceworm:

Gelerdria + Storm stone works goood. You might also want to get Faceworm Egg Shell if you intended to do pure VP ie you dont have Casket of Protection yet.

Seagods:

Gelerdria + Storm stone, Leviathan Muffler, all water/wind reduction items.

If its the physical immune fish, use Grand cross. Use Siegfried's Helmet as well.

If it's the magical immune fish, blast him away easily with whatever you wanna do. VP/CP, VP, or OB.

ET:

Mix and match of different guilds. Though, it's recommend to clear mobs with OB and kill bosses with VP/CS or just OB. Up to you.

Edited by ChakriGuard, 28 June 2020 - 04:32 PM.

#5 iSilverStorml

iSilverStorml

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 29 June 2020 - 08:14 AM

Thank you so much for taking the time Chakri!! Really appreciate it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users