Laphine Shield variable cast time reduction effect not applied - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Laphine Shield variable cast time reduction effect not applied

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 RokEtc

RokEtc

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 September 2020 - 11:25 AM

Name of item: Laphine Shield
Location (if applicable): N/A
Type of Issue (choose): Description/Function

Describe the issue:  when the the shield is a equipped at +9 or higher refine and Laphine Staff is equipped at +10 or higher refine, the set bonus applies a +50 matk bonus and a 10% reduction of variable cast time. The +50 matk bonus effect is working as described, but the variable cast time reduction is not applied as described.

​Screenshots/replay of issue (if applicable): N/A but I can describe how I replicated the issue: N/A but I can describe how I replicated the issue: I had gears made to get exactly 100% variable cast time with and without the Laphine Shield and I casted a skill with 0 fixed cast time.

The first test includes variable cast time reduction gear that excludes the Laphine staff and the Laphine shield. The middle headgear slot is empty. The weapon slot holds a weapon with 20% variable cast time reduction totaled from enchantments. The results of the test produced 100% variable cast time reduction as expected where the spell was cast without a cast bar.

The second test replaces the weapon in the previous test with a Laphine Staff +14, so there should be a reduction of 20% variable cast time. A slotted middle headgear with a Dark Illusion card was added to put in 10% variable cast time reduction and a +9 Laphine Shield was added to put in additional variable cast time reduction. The variable cast time reduction should be 100%, but the results of the test show there is a cast bar.

A third test was conducted to make sure the middle headgear was not malfunctioning. The setup from the first test was used with the middle headgear socketed with a Dark Illusion Card. To siphon 10% out of the setup i removed the shoes, which were any Temporal Shoes with a Spell 5 enchant (10% variable cast time reduction). The test showed a cast of the skill without a cast bar. The test was conducted further conducted by removing the middle headgear with the Dark Illusion Card to show that there was not an overkill of Variable cast time reduction and that there was exactly 100% variable cast time reduction with the Dark Illusion Card and that the 100% would be broken with its removal. The removal of the middle headgear at this stage of the test broke the 100% variable cast time setup, and a cast bar appeared with the middle headgear's removal.

So as my tests show, there is an problem with the Laphine Shield in that it does not reduce variable cast time from the required equipping of having a +9 or higher Laphine Shield and a +10 or higher Laphine Staff, even though the +50 matk bonus is applied from fulfilling the same required conditions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users