Help me with Ninja Build [Killing Stroke/Throwing Hybrid?] - Expanded Classes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Help me with Ninja Build [Killing Stroke/Throwing Hybrid?]

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Sethimothy

Sethimothy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 08:07 PM

My Blacksmith has me bored. Shame too, it's at 93. But when you're throwing gil away in the god damn clock tower all day while soloing you start thinking of other ways to amuse yourself.

I've decided I want to play a Ninja. I know that Ninjas focusing on their magical skills have, with Renewal, seen reduced effectiveness. So I'm looking at how I can make a Ninja that is primarily Killing Stroke focused, but can also level via throwing. It should, in theory, be quite doable. In reality I'm dumb. I am really really dumb. For real.

So here's some questions:

1.)Throwing weapons, how do they work? And I don't want to talk to a Sage, because you know. They lie. And anger me.

Actually my question is: where do Kunai fit into the mix? I'm told that Huuma Shuriken are high damage, but high delay, throwing weapons and Shuriken are low damage weapons that really aren't worth it. Kunai are apparently moderate damage... when do I choose them over Huuma?

2.)Does anyone know what stats, if any, infleunce Coin Toss/Zenny Throw/Throw Coins? I know it's expensive. That's not what I'm asking.

3.)Clearly for a build that I'm considering STR, VIT, and DEX would all be important skills, with a heavy emphasis on STR and VIT. How much AGI should I consider, and why? I just can't seem to come to terms with such a simple little thing. Like STR I know I can easily get to 100, focusing on the right gear to push it there. Vitality I'll probably push to about 80. Haven't figured out Dex yet, not terribly worried about LUK or INT but might set them to be 10 with full bonuses. But... that AGI... :c

#2 wotmint

wotmint

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 226 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 13 January 2011 - 08:05 PM

I've read somewhere, huuma shurikens arent worth it.

#3 kyuubi96

kyuubi96

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 06:32 AM

1. Kunais actually have the highest dps out of the three throwing catalysts. Throw Kunai is based on your attack so all you need to do is equip a very high attack weapon and you'll end up 1 hitting most monsters. Most people go 99 str and 99 vit since it's better to get Killing Strike than Throw Huuma. You don't need dex cause Throw Kunai will hit 100% everytime. KS also hits the target almost everytime so dex would just be a waste of stat points.

2. I have no idea since not many try to take this skill even when you're throwing build. Most use an IP and Shadow Slash skill instead. Sorry can't help you with this one.

3. You don't really need agi unless you plan to be a melee build. Ninjas have Shadow Image and Cicada Skin Shed as you probably know so most don't try to get agi at all. It is fun to try and build an agi Ninja though with the right equips it could play like a crit character with RTs for accessory. Renewal Ninjas mostly go with KS builds though so it's pretty rare to see melee agi ninjas. (Throw Shuriken damage is enhanced by agi)

I hope I didn't confuse you too much. Throw Huuma Shuriken isn't really that strong even pre-renewal I would suggest it if you want to have an AoE for you ninja otherwise use it for Ninja Mastery instead to have enhanced sp recovery.

Well good luck on your decision. Have fun with your ninja :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users