I have been in conversation with the GMs with 2 tickets because they did not respond for 2 days in the first ticket and they automatically closed it.
During our interaction, these are the main points that were brought up:
1. My Yahoo account is not receiving the recovery password from WP. Their resolution is for me to create a new email that I can replace my existing “active” email used on my WP account. I still have full access to my yahoo account, the only problem is that I am not receiving the e-mail. How convenient for them to just say, “create a new e-mail for the game.”
2. I was advised to send them my personal information with my ID via fax. I explained that I did not put my real info on the account, therefore it wont confirm anything.
3. I also explained that I do not have access to fax, and yet they insisted to have it sent via fax.
4. This WP account contains 3 of my game accounts which I spent a lot of time and money on. It seems like just because it is not their own money or time, they don’t care if I can no longer access them.
5. There should be an alternate verification method that will allow people to access their accounts without having to use a lot of their personal information - doesn’t this go against privacy rules as well? I don’t even give google this much information for account recovery. The GM should offer alternative verification methods such as basing it on long term play location.
these issues wouldn’t arise if people weren’t forced out of their accounts and not provided an opt-out option for the password change.
With this game still thriving because of players that have been here the longest, they could have at least given enough respect or consideration regarding these matters. But it seems like the studio is slowly killing off their players and not wanting them to play
Edited by folkvangr, 15 January 2021 - 04:57 PM.