How to level past lvl150? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

How to level past lvl150?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 jackal87

jackal87

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 17 February 2021 - 03:49 AM

Hi,

I haven't played in years. I have a lvl150 Mechanic and I have no idea how to progress since 175 wasn't added while I was active. How can I level up past 150 since Eden maxes out at 150? Any help is appreciated.

#2 Akilez

Akilez

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1746 posts
  • LocationGuadalajara, Mexico
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 17 February 2021 - 03:58 AM

If you are doing it by yourself guess the best option is Nightmare Clock Tower, if you have any pals/guild to go with try either Ilusion Abbys (Turtles) or Bio4/Bio5.

Also Scarabas could be a good option as well.

#3 VileCharmander

VileCharmander

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 174 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 17 February 2021 - 07:22 AM

I prefer Verus to NCT if you are on your own. You can use the BB there to get to 170, and there are less AFK campers overall than you'd find in NCT.

That's just my $0.02 though. B)

#4 Jefuu

Jefuu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • LocationParadise

Posted 17 February 2021 - 07:24 AM

Yeah, as Akilez mentioned, Nightmare Clocktower 3F (Big Bell monsters) is definitely the best way to 175. You can look up on irowiki if you need exact instructions on how to get there but essentially, right before the entrance to Clock Tower 2F there is a NPC who can warp you to Nightmare Clock Tower. There is a Bounty Board outside the Aldebaran Tool Shop and the EXP gains can be massive with BMX3 and no cool down on taking the bounty. That's where I got my first 175 character! Definitely want those Formless ATK and DEF cards/equips for hunting there, though. Not sure on your set up but I know I didn't have much issue even before I had great equips.

Verus is also a decent place to hit 170 as the dailies are pretty rewarding alongside the Bounty Boards. Look up the Phantasmorgorika (sp?) Questline for more info there. (*EDIT: VileCharmander ninja'd me haha)

Edited by Jefuu, 17 February 2021 - 07:29 AM.

#5 Korobeyniki

Korobeyniki

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Server:iRO-Chaos

Posted 17 February 2021 - 10:42 PM

As others have stated, NCT with the bounty board is your best bet. If you have the gear for it and can handle it solo, try illusion turtles. Even without a BB, it is better exp then NCT right now since it's still spotlighted. It just depends on how much trouble they give you.

#6 jackal87

jackal87

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 18 February 2021 - 02:02 AM

Thanks for the inputs. I tried NCT and I can't kill a mob with Arm Cannon fast enough to survive. I've tried to take 3 at once and it's going okay but slow. My gear and stats are below. I'm also curious about gear targeted for leveling since everything's changed so much.

https://imgur.com/QuC9CMO

#7 Jefuu

Jefuu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • LocationParadise

Posted 18 February 2021 - 05:16 AM

Thanks for the inputs. I tried NCT and I can't kill a mob with Arm Cannon fast enough to survive. I've tried to take 3 at once and it's going okay but slow. My gear and stats are below. I'm also curious about gear targeted for leveling since everything's changed so much.

Unfortunately, I've never made a Madogear Mech (I got my Mech to 125 with Axe Tornado and then stopped leveling him lol) so stats and specific Mado gear I am at a loss to give advice... I am pretty sure there are Mado-specific equips and cards (Rock Step Card, for example) that will boost the damage of your Mado Skills!

However, for NCT's Big Bells, all gear and cards oriented towards Damage % & Reduction % against formless or Medium-sized monsters is best (quick google search can help you with that). Looks like you already have a Peno Shield and it doesn't look like Pile Bunker has a slot for PecoEgg Cards so might want to look at Mado-Mech builds online or hope someone else steps into this conversation.

A huge helper (if you can afford it) is a +9 Happy Flapping Angel Wing which gives huge damage increase specifically against Clock Tower monsters. A Knocker Card slotted in only furthers that damage. There are more, expensive equips that will help greatly (+9 Icefall Dress, for example) but if you're just returning, you might need to build up some zeny first. And note that most equips like this tend to be for all classes so it can be an investment for later 150+ characters too!

Edited by Jefuu, 18 February 2021 - 05:18 AM.

#8 RonSilver

RonSilver

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 644 posts

Posted 18 February 2021 - 11:13 AM

you need to get rid of AC cast time (fixed and variable) and delay to spam it, gear is not cheap though.

- hero boots, illusion boots A with fixed cast time module or temporal dex boots (need dex 120) for fixed cast time.

- 2 supplemental chips for variable cast time and delay.

- a weapon with rock step cards to boost damage (bastl os or valk hammer are your best bets right now i guess).

- +10 work cap for def penetration.

expensive stuff though

Edited by RonSilver, 18 February 2021 - 11:21 AM.

#9 StunTosMati

StunTosMati

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2744 posts

Posted 18 February 2021 - 03:54 PM

Farm zeny first n buy ocp can help u to lvling.. or pay $ to gm for ocp stuff..before starting ur lvling

#10 Mimosa666

Mimosa666

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 18 February 2021 - 04:26 PM

I did Verus till 165/168 and then Illusion Abbys (Turtles) level 01 once i can survive. I can't survive Level 02 keeps dying T_T

I actually liked all the other illusion dungeons as well especially ice cave given I can go via Eden teleporter because there's no exp penalty

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users