#1 Medera

Medera

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 February 2021 - 07:31 AM

Hi, everyone.

I've started playing recently as a GX and feel completely lost with the amount of gear and weapons. Last time i played almost 5 years ago on euroRo.

I definitely need some help and advice.

so what's the best options for GX currently (both for MA and RC builds):

- armor

- garnment

- accessories

- weapon

Thanks in advance

#2 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 28 February 2021 - 07:36 AM

there arent best overall gears on RO, there are best for certain scenarios/against certain targets. And various gear slots can have 10+ valid choices for different situations

#3 Medera

Medera

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 28 February 2021 - 07:45 AM

i understand that.

but i need to know what to look for and not spend money and time on crap.

can you name options? for now, i need to lvl fast and be able to go solo to relevant to my lvl instanced and dungeons.

just name me best options and i'll check them and choose which is better for me now

for example, 5 years ago Nab's cloth was one of the best options. and i  don't think it is now.

#4 bearl

bearl

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2148 posts
  • Server:Warpportal Forum

Posted 28 February 2021 - 07:48 AM

why don't you ask for, cost effective investment first

follow by telling us your current gear setup, what instance you facing problem.

it will then easier for us to give you proper advise,

i'll love to tell you everything i know about GX.

However , you see those whole chunk of text and thread the veterans left? 

show some appreciation , read those first.

#5 Medera

Medera

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 28 February 2021 - 07:59 AM

i've read Giant Fluffy Cat's guide, but it wasn't updated for current gear i think.

i've read irowiki.

my current gear is:

rideword hat

HBP +9 uncarded

cotton shirt with Earth deleter card

variant boots

some elemental Crimson Katars +7

Rogue's treasure + Cold heart

#6 bearl

bearl

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2148 posts
  • Server:Warpportal Forum

Posted 28 February 2021 - 10:44 AM

swap out variant , get temporal boots

temporal str preferably if 120 str invested

else anything cheap is fine.

preferably Aspd enchant.

go for Speed of Light / Lucky Day / Muscle Fool

main idea, gather mob, Spin RC, get defensive proc on temporal enchants.
Speed of Light for 193 aspd when proc, to spin more RC and leech more
Lucky day for 100 perfect dodge when proc

Muscle Fool damage reduction, when mobbing 

^ pair with rideword hat for leech proc,

get to level 120, get Thanatos katar to pair with it for better leech

Rolling Cutter with stacking leech HP/SP equipment ,

very important to have sufficient Hit against the targets , if you don't hit, you don't leech

you may rely on temporal enchanted boots for defensive proc.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the setup with change once you get your hands on enforcer shoes.

when you do. go read up on other topics first.

you can then quote discuss pointers where you don't understand

Edited by bearl, 28 February 2021 - 11:46 AM.

#7 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 28 February 2021 - 11:29 AM

temporal boots stuff
Spoiler

Whatever worked in the past still works today, there are just new best in slot gear pieces. The ceiling has gone higher.

This generally means decent pieces that aren't BiS can be found at even cheaper prices than back then.

Getting a character that works decently well is the first priority.
Make sure you always have the necessary hit rate for what you're fighting. Cold heart isnt the biggest damage boost and it only affect one enemy type, it can be swapped for a Vesper Core 4 for some cheap(if people are not overpricing it) Hit bonus.

HBP is a great all around garment that you can use until the end of days, plus greed is super handy for farming. Card it with something usefull. Raydric is still very decent for generic PVM. Deviling is obviously much more powerful, you just have to be aware of the enemy skills and counter them apropriately with elemental armors etc.

look for Hunter Fly cards to put on your weapon when possible. You didn't mention your level but i assume it's still in the low end of 3rd jobs. If you are/when you reach lvl 120 you can make your own Thanatos Katar. It's in built leeching means you need 1 less card to worry about(plus it is a source of sp leech too) while it still offers more than enough damage for leveling. Crimson Katars get better damage at high refinement levels, not so much at the point you described yours at.

Do you have any idea of how you want to build your character? because there are various pieces of equipment tailored to certain playstyles with different requirements that define your stat distribution and what kinds of gears your character can use effectively.

#8 Medera

Medera

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 28 February 2021 - 03:15 PM

Temporal str boots are definitely on the list and it's my next goal.

i/m 119 now and at 120 i plan to get thanatos katar.

what about armor? at first i was thinking about Nab's cloth (as i was familiar with it on my previous server and it is easy to get), but now i see that Illusion Armor type A seems to be much better?

#9 forthrallwow1

forthrallwow1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 12 April 2021 - 02:35 PM

Yes Illusion Armor is much better than Nab's Cloth and it's very cheap.

Gear choices really depends on your budget..

Armor I would say: 4 dresses are the best towards certain mobs (Abyss Dress, Nature, Icefall and Samael) but getting all of them is very expensive. For leveling up, Evil Dragon Armor is very good. You might also want to have a purple thread in your inventory just in case for perfect hit.

#10 Medera

Medera

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 14 April 2021 - 09:29 AM

Yes Illusion Armor is much better than Nab's Cloth and it's very cheap.

Gear choices really depends on your budget..

Armor I would say: 4 dresses are the best towards certain mobs (Abyss Dress, Nature, Icefall and Samael) but getting all of them is very expensive. For leveling up, Evil Dragon Armor is very good. You might also want to have a purple thread in your inventory just in case for perfect hit.

Thanks a lot!

I understand that everything depends on budget, but at the same time i need to know all the options.

for now I have Illusion Armor (no enchants), HeroicBP +9, +12 STr Temporal Boots, rideword hat, Thanatos Katar, 2 Rogue's Treasure.

Any advice on accessories? like good/better/best?

mostly i'd like to boost my damage. leeching HP/SP is fine for now.

#11 Essmikayl

Essmikayl

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 912 posts
  • Twitter:@bhismocabbage
  • Locationphone code +62
  • Server:Mayhem

Posted 14 April 2021 - 07:58 PM

Thanks a lot!

I understand that everything depends on budget, but at the same time i need to know all the options.

for now I have Illusion Armor (no enchants), HeroicBP +9, +12 STr Temporal Boots, rideword hat, Thanatos Katar, 2 Rogue's Treasure.

Any advice on accessories? like good/better/best?

mostly i'd like to boost my damage. leeching HP/SP is fine for now.

Progress to your current gear maybe like this
-Armor -> get enchants for it

-Garment -> get combo for Illusion Wing A/get skin of ladon, though tbh HBP is already very good all-rounder

-Shoes -> get Enfo Boots, imo +12 str boots is already better than Illusion Leg A. Well, depends on the enchant

-HeadGear -> this is linked to the accessory advice, can upgrade RWH to Vanargand*

-Weapon -> Thana is good enuf. But maybe (only if you feel thana isnt enough) get elemental crimson corespond to your current hunting monster, or get Meuchler-OS

-Accessory -> ok so imo for the advice
need def bypass cuz its a good damage increase, so this good/better/best is adjusted to your current build, if you already have bypass then by all mean this setup is pretty much redundant

Good: Illusion booster unenchanted, Demon god Ring

Better: Illusion booster enchanted, Demon god ring with Dark lord essences

Best (costly): 
--Temporal Ring: works best if you have Bears Power on your tempo Boots
--Perverse Demon Mask: works best BUT need to invest in base LUK (108=90% def bypass, 126=100%)
--Blacksmith Gloves: 1 provide 50% def bypass, using 2 will provide 100%
--Fenrir Chain*: this Acc is a combo with refined (+6, +9)vanargand helm, Fenrir Chain & +9 Vana would provide: 10% atk, 15% aspd, 15% acd, 50% def bypass, lv 1 teleport. you can equip 2 of these or 1 this and 1 blacksmith gloves
--Imperial Glove** IF you going MA, then IF you have enforcer shoes and DO NOT HAVE insta cast + uninterruptable cast, then i would suggest this.

Overall best:
--Giants protection ( must have 120 str) if you can reach 185 aspd
--Ring of hero (must have 120 str) if you cant reach 185 aspd

#12 Medera

Medera

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 15 April 2021 - 03:59 AM

Essmikayl thanks a lot!! you've been most helpful! appreciate it :wub: one more question. any advice on what to farm to make more money? As i can see selling OCP/Kachua/whatever cash shop  items is the most prifitable, but not an option for me now  

#13 6250140829153758463

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 15 April 2021 - 10:00 AM

What's your current level?

I see a few different ways you can go here. Check this thread for some ideas:

https://forums.warpp...ires/?p=3000328

Expanding on cards from normal monsters, you could farm:

• Headless Mule, Mavka or Abysmal Knight
  • Green Cenere (for AFK builds) still has a good price (150-200m), but you need to be 140+ in order to access the Verus map where they are
  • Rockridge Cramp (~150m)
  • Rockridge Arclouse (75-100m)
  • Raydric is still decent, but its price is low compared to all of the above
  • Mystical Card Albums for a chance at getting Elvira (30-50m), Deviling (120-150m), Dark Illusion (15-30m), etc.
  • Cards from Illusion dungeons
    • Moonlight: Resentful Soldier (200-300m)
    • Frozen: Angry Ice Titan, Angry Snowier (200-300m)
    • Vampire: Sweet Nightmare (100-150m)

EDIT:

In my opinion, the most consistent way to earn zeny is to farm with multiple characters. That could mean:

• Get daily quest rewards with 9 characters simultaneously: Illusion Stones (base level 100+), 17.1 components (110+), Contaminated Magic (160+), etc.
  • Run Endless Tower (e.g., kill Golden Thief Bug) with 15 characters separately (not simultaneously) in 2-3 hours (5-10 min each character)
    • Rebel with Slug Shot to kill GTB is generally recommended; Fire Dance or Round Trip to kill mobs leading up to GTB
  • Do the Bounty for Green Cenere with 15 characters separately (not simultaneously): While getting EXP, you have a chance at getting a card drop
  • Run Faceworm Instance with 10 characters separately (~2 hours) every day: 40 GFSS if you don't try to kill the Faceworm Queen, 60 GFSS if you kill Faceworm Queen
  • Run limited-time event quests with 9 characters simultaneously, then sell the rewards
    • Typically the prices for event rewards are highest during the first day or two of the event, but it depends on the rewards

It requires you to put in a lot of upfront time to create a bunch of characters (and in the simultaneous cases, a bunch of accounts) and get them to a high enough level.

For running/doing something multiple times in a single day but with different characters, the risk is that you could get tired of the repetition and bored of the game.

Edited by 6250140829153758463, 24 June 2021 - 10:39 AM.

#14 Medera

Medera

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 15 April 2021 - 12:01 PM

6250140829153758463 thanks for advice! not everything is applicable for me due to the lack of time i can spend in game :(  My GX is 167 lvl now. but i got some good ideas. usually i have a bunch of chars, but this time i decided to have just GX and ME AB. and merchant ofc. Lunar New Year event brought me some money, it was really good^^ I hope there will be more similar events.

I already do 17.1 quests to get cores and components and i do bounty and daily for Green Cenere. I did Illusion Vampire once. Thanks for remind, i need to include these daily quests into my routine.

on my previous servers i played with friends who could help and give some advice, but here i'm all by myself :unsure:

#15 Essmikayl

Essmikayl

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 912 posts
  • Locationphone code +62

Posted 15 April 2021 - 06:18 PM

6250140829153758463 thanks for advice! not everything is applicable for me due to the lack of time i can spend in game :(  My GX is 167 lvl now. but i got some good ideas. usually i have a bunch of chars, but this time i decided to have just GX and ME AB. and merchant ofc. Lunar New Year event brought me some money, it was really good^^ I hope there will be more similar events.

I already do 17.1 quests to get cores and components and i do bounty and daily for Green Cenere. I did Illusion Vampire once. Thanks for remind, i need to include these daily quests into my routine.

on my previous servers i played with friends who could help and give some advice, but here i'm all by myself :unsure:

Anywaythis is personal but, im always buying these:

Kobold Hair (Blue Hair)
Dragon Skin
Round Shell
Orcs fang (high orc fang)
elder branch
light granule
desert wolf claw
armor piece of dullahan

#16 Medera

Medera

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 16 April 2021 - 03:46 AM

Anywaythis is personal but, im always buying these:

Kobold Hair (Blue Hair)
Dragon Skin
Round Shell
Orcs fang (high orc fang)
elder branch
light granule
desert wolf claw
armor piece of dullahan

Good to know!

Thanks for your help! :no1:

#17 6250140829153758463

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 16 April 2021 - 10:35 AM

Oh yeah, thanks for the reminder, Essmikayl. That's another steady source of income: Items that Geneticists (brewing food and potions) and Rune Knights (crafting runes) need.

Personally I wouldn't go out to only farm them. I would go to the appropriate maps to level and farm at the same time, but that's just how I re-frame my perspective to avoid frustration at the low drop rate of items I want (like Faceworm Dark Card)--my goal is to get GFSS, not the card; if I happen to get the card, cool. Or in the case of GTB Card, my goal is to see how quickly I can get through (the required floors) of Endless Tower.

The good news is that for most of the ingredients above, the drop rate is high or relatively high.

Edited by 6250140829153758463, 16 April 2021 - 10:39 AM.

#18 Medera

Medera

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 16 April 2021 - 05:46 PM

Selling ingredients and other similar loot was always a good source of zeny for me.

Essmikayl, btw i have some rune stones for sale :D

#19 Essmikayl

Essmikayl

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 912 posts
  • Locationphone code +62

Posted 17 April 2021 - 05:55 AM

Selling ingredients and other similar loot was always a good source of zeny for me.

Essmikayl, btw i have some rune stones for sale :D

oh thats nice, please PM me the amount and price and your IGN, and what time you could be online

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users