Which skills to prioritize as a new GX? - Thief Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Which skills to prioritize as a new GX?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Daverost

Daverost

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 23 March 2021 - 01:45 PM

I just reached GX and while I have my build more or less figured out (http://irowiki.org/~...SrFqn1bsrFeFcH1, plus Dark Claw 5, URL doesn't save that for some reason), I don't know which skills I should prioritize first. Should I get Cloaking Exceed first for survival? Cross Impact for single target damage? Something else entirely? Just not sure how to start off.

Also, if I could bother anyone who sees this with a few other unrelated questions just so I don't have to make another post:

1. I don't know much about Phantom Menace or Hallucination Walk, but I see them capped out in other builds. What's the purpose, exactly? Are they good skills? I haven't really been able to find much info on their applications beyond Enforcer Shoes knocking a rather unimpressive amount of cooldown off of Hallucination Walk. The impression I get is that they're just WOE/PvP skills with no other applications for PvM/MVP.
  2. I was eyeballing the wiki for stat builds, but not entirely sure where I should aim to end up. Currently looking at 120 or 112 STR (120 for Meteor Assault + 112 AGI)/112 or 120 AGI (120 for Cross Ripper Slasher + 112 STR)/94 VIT (for 100 VIT with job bonus for stun resistance)/1 INT/90 DEX/60 LUK based on the info there. Is this still recommended, or should I aim for something else? And would I be better off prioritizing STR or AGI to 120 if I can only pick one with this setup (assuming priority to MA over CRS)? I can add another point to either VIT or DEX with this, or two points to LUK. I can also drop DEX down to 69 and put both STR and AGI at 120. Or I can leave DEX at 60 and put two points in STR or AGI beyond 120. I'm mostly just not sure what the appropriate amount of DEX is. Assume I'll be using a Heroic Backpack, as well (I realize the DEX bonus for that is ranged attack).
  3. What should I do with the remaining 3 skill points in the build? I could cap off Katar Mastery with two, or... something. I really don't know. With just the three, nothing seems particularly worth it. IIRC kRO has eventual cap raises to 65 and then 70, so I could build toward that, or just sit on the points in anticipation of it.

Also I don't have Enforcer Shoes yet, but I am aiming to get them for MA, hence the rest of the build working on the related skills.

#2 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 23 March 2021 - 03:34 PM

generally

Rolling Cutter 5>Dark Claw 5/Hallucination Walk 5>Rest

You can get Cross Ripper Slasher right after RC if you want a ranged option.

Some ppl opt to get Poison Research to make EDP more efficient while leveling.
Fit in the shoes skills when you get them, you should have a reset avaiable if you didnt use it already

#3 Daverost

Daverost

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 23 March 2021 - 04:40 PM

Perfect. Thank you. Skill progression is the one thing I really had trouble finding. And yes, I still have the reset.

#4 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4113 posts

Posted 23 March 2021 - 05:05 PM

Phantom Menace is for knocking MVP monster off its cloaking/hiding, like GTB or Dracula

Hallucination Walk lets you dodge MVP skills, so things like Earthquake, Waterball, in those scenario it might be the difference between dead or killing the MVP (in normal PVM it might not matter much, the cooldown is just too long)

Cloaking Exceed is a mobility skills, just like Backslide, get it whenever you can as priority (very useful in navigating the field faster)

Edited by YongkySH, 23 March 2021 - 05:07 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users