I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 02 April 2021 - 11:21 AM

Hello!

Couple friends and I have been playing RO for a while off and on but we never really got the chance to experience end-game to this day. We've committed this time around to atleast get that far and I've rolled Sura (i know its not friendly to new players especially with a low budget) but I'm looking for a regular Sura mentor to guide me/answer questions I have and tell me what to work towards. I feel like i've read every guide and watched every video but still resources are pretty limited. Feel like an experienced in-game mentor would be best. Not looking for freebies, would like to work towards obtaining gear I need. I play regularly with a full support AB and a ranger and our goal is to experience end game PVE content, may consider WOE later. Right now we're 103/15 -ish and trying to get to a point where we can efficiently level and farm. Decided to go SB to start off. Here is what I'm working with right now : https://imgur.com/a/QsJRozZ

Any guidance appreciated!

In-game name: Foonn0

#2 bearl

bearl

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2148 posts
  • Server:Warpportal Forum

Posted 02 April 2021 - 06:45 PM

uhm. steel body, tank is your best bet if you have a party

else i think throw sprit sphere is still okay-ish. for single target.

AOE.
solo wise, many recommend lighting ride. although i didnt like it. but it's the cheapest alternative
Flash Combo/Tiger Cannon works great too, except heavy job level requirement to get it going.
Best of all, Lion Howl , but you need the proper equipment for it to work well

steel body autocast works as well. if u can afford the required equipments

as again, sura is not a budget friendly class, do consider dropping some cash on it if you want a significant improvement in experience.

p.s kachua april is a joke. dont do it

Edited by bearl, 02 April 2021 - 06:46 PM.

#3 Foonajee

Foonajee

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 03 April 2021 - 06:43 AM

Thanks for the response! Could you provide specific equipment combinations Lion Howl requires to be decent?

Are there any must-have gear pieces any Sura should have across all builds?

#4 6250140829153758463

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 286 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 09 April 2021 - 08:58 AM

Devil's Hand is required for Lion's Howl. For Lion’s Howl it reduces cooldown from 10 seconds to 0.5 second, removes fixed cast time, and reduces variable cast time by 50%. More generally, Devil’s Hand makes casting uninterruptible, too.

I also recommend Tengu Shoes, for reducing fixed cast time of Zen by up to 50%. After activating Rising Dragon, the pattern is Lion's Howl x3 (if necessary) -> Zen -> Lion's Howl x3, etc. Use Snap to move during/between casts of Lion's Howl or Zen.

If you're having trouble with SP and don't want to use consumables or leeching gear, I recommend one Keraunos for reducing cooldown of Power Absorb by 3s (original cooldown: 5s). Power Absorb has cast delay, so wearing 2x Keraunos won't provide much more benefit unless you also have cast delay reductions. You could equip Keraunos right before casting Power Absorb, then switch back to some other accessory.

Edited by 6250140829153758463, 09 April 2021 - 03:18 PM.

#5 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 09 April 2021 - 01:52 PM

gentle touch: energy gain (ps: dont max it) is very handy for keeping spheres up while leveling without having to recast them. It just wont maintain permanent spheres for lion's howl because the skill uses a lot of them and the big rqnge means monsters dont hit you as often to generate more.

#6 StunTosMati

StunTosMati

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2744 posts

Posted 03 May 2021 - 04:38 PM

Play merchant..buy n resale stuff...make zeny to be rich than buy item needed for lvling sura.. piece

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users