Is Flee - 30 significant? My question concerns Powerful Amdarais Card. - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Is Flee - 30 significant? My question concerns Powerful Amdarais Card.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 Larry321

Larry321

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 374 posts

Posted 05 April 2021 - 11:58 PM

https://www.divine-p...l-amdarais-card

I plan to equip a Powerful Amdarais Card with a +15 armor. The advantage is Def + 150. The disadvantage is Flee - 30. Is this reduction in Flee significant enough to affect my character's performance detrimentally? Will Def + 150 compensate for Flee - 30 after everything has been considered? Is this trade-off between Def and Flee worth it?

Edited by Larry321, 06 April 2021 - 12:37 AM.

#2 aTID2

aTID2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1715 posts
  • LocationLocation
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Server

Posted 06 April 2021 - 12:28 AM

worth when you got bijou and no flee

#3 Larry321

Larry321

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 374 posts

Posted 06 April 2021 - 12:35 AM

worth when you got bijou and no flee

I can get Bijou Card. But the flee penalty is unavoidable.

#4 Larry321

Larry321

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 374 posts

Posted 06 April 2021 - 07:24 AM

Come on guys. I need your opinions. This is important to me. Either I get formidable gear or I save plenty of Zeny.

#5 VileCharmander

VileCharmander

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 174 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 06 April 2021 - 07:36 AM

It's hard to say if -30 Flee is bad for you or not. I mean, if you had 1000 Flee already, then -30 is no big deal. If you only had 100 Flee then -30 becomes a problem.

(Note: the numbers aren't realistic, just an example to make the math easy for you to see)

Another note to think about is whether your character's build based around absorbing hits or avoiding them. If your other gear is chosen primarily to buff your defense, then the extra 150 defense points is a great choice and the loss of Flee isn't bad. But if your gear is mostly centered around giving you more Flee to avoid getting hit altogether, then -30 Flee is a bad choice for the setup you have.

Whether the card is good for you isn't something people can give you a good answer for without knowing the rest of the story. Make sense?

#6 Zander

Zander

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2393 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 06 April 2021 - 08:09 AM

Flee is not something u really wanna invest into. I personally dont like relying on it. if u want to dodge a hit go for perfect dodge instead.. With flee no matter how much flee u got u will still get hit based on how many monster u are tanking at the same time.

#7 deforte

deforte

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 April 2021 - 02:50 PM

flee? i guess it's not that important cos most monsters hit you anyway

#8 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 April 2021 - 03:42 PM

regardless of the flee penalty, the def itself is not worth an armor card slot

for flee, it'd depend on classes using it, against what, scenario, etc.
It may be completely irrelevant if the monster you are fighting already goes through your flee, or if you are killing groups up close(flee penalty when mobbed).
If you have the flee for mostly dodge monster attacks and are not getting surrounded often, it minimizes the amount of hits taken and makes navigating around more smooth.

#9 Argetlahm

Argetlahm

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 195 posts
  • LocationAt a Stone Pedestal in the Sword Cathedral

Posted 07 April 2021 - 03:18 AM

It's also dependent on your current Hard Def total, 500 Hard Def is the adequate to reduce received damage to 50%, nowadays 1.2K Hard Def is attainable, reducing physical damage to around 30%, Flee ain't important if you're mobbing to level up anyways. and if it's for MVPs other armor cards may be much more useful.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users