[Community Submission] Share Your Corridor of Phantoms Videos! - Page 2 - Renewal Foundry - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[Community Submission] Share Your Corridor of Phantoms Videos!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
89 replies to this topic

#26 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4116 posts

Posted 16 April 2021 - 09:44 PM

If you need more harder and fun like JRO players, here is my suggestion.

1. Decrease all player's final damage to 1/10 or 1/20
2. Close the appearing of damage number. (like GvG)
3. To make Meteor Assault balance, reduces the damage of Meteor Assault in CoP to 1/10 (So if final damage is adjusted to 1/10, Meteor Assault will do 1/100 of normal damage)
4. Add more base Str to all boss in CoP. (66,666 is fair but I recommend 100,000 or more)
5. Add more base Int to all boss in CoP. (I recommend 1,000 or more)
6. Add some more mob's skill (e.g. Psychic Wave, Genesis Ray, Comet, Pulse Strike, Jack Frost, etc.)

Wont that just limit the event to 1% of the playerbase and a big FU to the rest of the players

#27 aTID2

aTID2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1715 posts
  • LocationLocation
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Server

Posted 16 April 2021 - 10:06 PM

3. To make Meteor Assault balance, reduces the damage of Meteor Assault in CoP to 1/10 (So if final damage is adjusted to 1/10, Meteor Assault will do 1/100 of normal damage)
4. Add more base Str to all boss in CoP. (66,666 is fair but I recommend 100,000 or more)
6. Add some more mob's skill (e.g. Psychic Wave, Genesis Ray, Comet, Pulse Strike, Jack Frost, etc.)

another one that isn't play the event and posting suggestion

especially that 6. I'm sure if you fight some of this boss, you will never asking more skills

#28 Volbeast

Volbeast

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 16 April 2021 - 10:58 PM

I have a lot of issues with the event, here goes:

1. This is a GX only event in a game that is almost GX only in general. Enforcer shoes poisoned the game to be honest, and you will destroy the game by continuing to ignore this. I don’t play GX and I’m also not sure why I still play the game at this point.

2. This event just makes the rich richer. Other people have already mentioned this though.

3. Biolab bosses are obnoxious, tanking them is near impossible, regardless of gear.

4. Roses can’t be traded, and for the most part just go to the GX’s in parties.

The worst thing about this is that all of these issues were predictable and preventable

#29 simca437

simca437

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 16 April 2021 - 11:32 PM

Why do you think peeps with rg, wl, gx and ab going on to solo?

The whole event is such poorly designed, which promotes selfish grabbing of flowers for yourself!

It is a joke.

Firstly, the flowers doesnt go inside inventory for all party members, like the rudus dolor quest

Secondly, the flowers arent tradable... whats the point of party?

The whole design of the event doesn't value party play 

Do you think if every member of the party get their personal flower at all the same time, these soloer would have solo-ed? who likes burning resources?

On top of that to properly solo, only FEW very very rich players, can farm it fast, i already know some peeps with 70+ flowers on the frist day

In a nutshell, this event is designed to make already Super rich individuals richer

Edited by simca437, 16 April 2021 - 11:38 PM.

#30 simca437

simca437

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 16 April 2021 - 11:47 PM

It full of comment from quit player, Like why not making it PK map or GX crying because of MA can't deal enough dmg.

I don't want to suggested yet. Still trying if this is really mean "FUN" 

Now I can see with mini-party (4 man) , MVP always one shot with there skills. And it always AOE spells like Meteor, Fireball, Ignition Break.

Constantly Burn your SP, Is this intended? MVP have like 0 cd on SP ripped. How to counter? Just using sp reco again and again. Poor tank

Flower dropped on the Ground not acting like Killing count (as quests does). And it isn't worth to party when so many Bio3 with billion hp and million damage running at mach10.

OH wait why iRO can't using teleport of this map, DId warpportal just saw quitter post and disable it? LUL Now no one can't run from Bio3 MVP now :heh:

Exactly, Gms should monitor the accounts related to their forum email, for recent activity, before considering the feedback valid.

This will skim out all the toxic Quit players and bot forums accounts!

#31 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 17 April 2021 - 12:42 AM

Won't work here. We like easy contents but cry for challenges lol

#32 CKDD

CKDD

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 536 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 April 2021 - 06:32 AM

i solo entered the instance with my main character GX (barely play using my main class -gx- since the latest enforcer update), meteor assaulted certain mvps for 60 minutes (died many times also) and logged out

suggestion: Campitor you need to adjust the enforcer shoes effect, this shoes kill the joy of playing this game by being too OP

#33 awesomegeek

awesomegeek

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1629 posts

Posted 17 April 2021 - 07:50 AM

its impossible to solo unless you are a decked out GX. and even if you are, your gonna burn consumables like crazy and constantly ran away from the BIO MvP.

partied with my guild and the MvP is always either me or my fellow GX.

the whole thing is really fun and refreshing. it's been years since i had to play party in PvM. (WoE obviously not).

#34 Daverost

Daverost

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 17 April 2021 - 09:24 AM

3. To make Meteor Assault balance, reduces the damage of Meteor Assault in CoP to 1/10 (So if final damage is adjusted to 1/10, Meteor Assault will do 1/100 of normal damage)

That's not balance. That's just vindictive.

#35 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3029 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 17 April 2021 - 09:27 AM

I just want to tell you that I just got an Isis card from Corridor of Phantom while killing an Osiris.

It seems slave cards are dropping.

Gave me a shock.

Camp, can you check on that? Well it's not MVP so it doesn't really matter.

Edited by yamasakai90, 17 April 2021 - 09:27 AM.

#36 aTID2

aTID2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1715 posts
  • LocationLocation
  • Server:Server

Posted 17 April 2021 - 11:47 AM

using GTB + Phreeoni and said too EZ.

Yep everything even in Bio5 also EZ if you have both with unlimited of consumable.

This dungeon isn't seem too bad tbh, Yet It isn't really give us rewards that compare to this difficulty. My friends said, It already years and everyone sure have like 10-30 characters to just loop The Central Lab 1-3 hours straight. Instead of killing thousands event MVP to make sure everyone will get the reward equally.

Edited by aTID2, 17 April 2021 - 11:49 AM.

#37 StunTosMati

StunTosMati

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2743 posts

Posted 17 April 2021 - 04:51 PM

Btw.. its dont have how long replay video must made?

Well event now kill steal everywhere haha

Edited by StunTosMati, 17 April 2021 - 04:52 PM.

#38 CKDD

CKDD

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 17 April 2021 - 06:10 PM

its impossible to solo unless you are a decked out GX. and even if you are, your gonna burn consumables like crazy and constantly ran away from the BIO MvP.

partied with my guild and the MvP is always either me or my fellow GX.

the whole thing is really fun and refreshing. it's been years since i had to play party in PvM. (WoE obviously not).

i am, yes

and yes

maybe i should use other class to enjoy partying in this instance

#39 Jerbear

Jerbear

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 329 posts
  • LocationOutside Parts Unknown
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 18 April 2021 - 03:22 AM

Just pulled a run off with zyn & scrunch3y that netted 120 flowers in 2 hours (party of 3), so 60 flowers/hr. That's our best run yet. I think it's about 6x the average player intake per hour for this event. Absolutely nothing from 28 pulls so far.

Some feedback notes:

• The event is wholly unrewarding to people partying. The flower being untradeable means people can't designate a looter to distribute everything later. Also the rarity of the flowers encourages whoever is picking them up to be dishonest about how many actually dropped in total if they were partying with random players they were unaffiliated with. Encouraging players to play with each other would require a system where everyone gets equal drops consistently; i.e. each kill nets a player a 'Petal Left by Phantom' and x amount of Petals = 1 Flower. It rewards the whole party and helps maintain some balance in amount of flowers generated. I'm not partying with anybody I don't know personally because I don't want to be shafted in the end when it comes to loot distribution. This is why so many people are soloing, too.

• The event is wholly unrewarding in general. Flower drop rates are not bad, per se, but it takes a lot of coordination, effort, supplies, and strategy to actually generate a significant amount of flowers per hour. Even with a lot of flowers per hour, so far, there is nothing to show for it. As far as I know, not a single person on the server has gotten any worthwhile rewards so far since implementation. Quite frankly, it makes it unfun to put in work and get absolutely nothing worthwhile in return. If the event returns like that, I wouldn't want to participate because it's a general waste of time and I'd be better off doing literally anything else in game that provides worthwhile rewards for the time & effort expelled. Right now, we are on pace to finish the event with over 700 flowers gathered playing 2 hours per day (the paid option, once per night). To come out of 700 flowers with absolutely nothing would turn me off from wanting to do that again. I think it would turn off a lot of other players, too. We could do literally any other form of playing (farming maps, instances, normal MVPing) and come out with more productivity. Maybe there should be an option to put in a ton of flowers (500+ flowers) to guarantee a chance at a worthwhile reward?

• Disabling Teleport hurts the average player. A lack of teleport doesn't bother me, but I see many other players struggling incredibly hard if something like a Bio3 MVP is dragged onto the spawn in. It also results in a lot of kill stealing because a person can't just get away from a party they encounter like they would do on a normal map or even in Gramps Turn-Ins. Not all players can handle every single MVP in there. Disabling Teleport means they can't pick and choose and try to go after things they can handle. In short, those players won't bother with the event because it's out of their league with no accessibility. Teleporting dozens of times until you find something you can handle is still more productive than the alternative of getting smashed by 90% of the stuff you can't handle over and over and simply not participating out of frustration.

• In general, this is a fun event that needs a lot fine tuning before you can stick a paywall to it. The event is challenging and it's unique--these are its strongest qualities. It really is quite enjoyable, but a lot of the joy is cut down because you come out unrewarded. The lack of accessibility (see: unrewarding to parties) hurts way too many players, too.

#40 bearl

bearl

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2148 posts
  • Server:Warpportal Forum

Posted 18 April 2021 - 04:55 AM

it was fun, thank you. keep it up

Edited by bearl, 18 April 2021 - 05:10 AM.

#41 JoaquinAndres

JoaquinAndres

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 757 posts
  • Server:Chaos - Renewal

Posted 18 April 2021 - 08:32 AM

I think the tele should remain disabled as it males ppl kill the entran e first, making everybody ablde to enjoy said map

#42 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 18 April 2021 - 08:56 AM

it makes ppl die at the spawn in* (over and over and over, and it becomes a waste of time, supplies and just plain sucks). Teleporting away you can just stop at when it becomes safe.
There's the possibility of a safe area like the Flame Basin map that teleports monsters away, but then you will eventually deal with monsters not respawning

#43 JoaquinAndres

JoaquinAndres

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 757 posts
  • Server:Chaos - Renewal

Posted 18 April 2021 - 11:14 AM

I might be wrong but the entrance is not as crowded at other places, where you back slide there and die instantly

#44 MoonJoo

MoonJoo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 18 April 2021 - 04:23 PM

There's too many outlier on reward which makes it impossible to get those 6 sealed cards. I think it would be fine if they added some MVP cards as reward even at super rare rates. Stopped playing after realizing I've already spent some of my supplies and not getting any good on reward. The flowers are character bound which makes me believe that this event is meant for solo players after all. 

#45 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 18 April 2021 - 06:07 PM

I have a lot of issues with the event, here goes:

1. This is a GX only event in a game that is almost GX only in general. Enforcer shoes poisoned the game to be honest, and you will destroy the game by continuing to ignore this. I don’t play GX and I’m also not sure why I still play the game at this point.

2. This event just makes the rich richer. Other people have already mentioned this though.

3. Biolab bosses are obnoxious, tanking them is near impossible, regardless of gear.

4. Roses can’t be traded, and for the most part just go to the GX’s in parties.

The worst thing about this is that all of these issues were predictable and preventable

If you're godly geared, any DPS class will work. However, for average players ... yeah GX or just gtfo lol

Also, if most players are only reward driven, then I guess this instance wont last so long. Bad rewards = people stop doing it. Good rewards = saturated quickly. I did go inside on the first day and yeah its resource intensive and I burnt lots of supplies, still ... less than I did in WoE. Also I did enjoy it because I went in with a party, to play with other friends. No one plays RO for fun anymore? lol

Edited by ChakriGuard, 18 April 2021 - 06:13 PM.

#46 1104094507

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 18 April 2021 - 08:46 PM

where the F is the videos in this thread?

#47 rockmanpiya

rockmanpiya

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 18 April 2021 - 10:14 PM

first

Edited by rockmanpiya, 18 April 2021 - 10:17 PM.

#48 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3029 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground

Posted 19 April 2021 - 12:30 AM

In addition, please post in this thread any feedback you have regarding this content. The developers are interested in how players find the balance of the MVPs, if they had fun, and the party composition that was brought to challenge this dungeon.

1. I had fun as its quite challenging whether if its solo or in a party where we have to move cautiously. (Instead of people rushing ahead just so they can deal the most dps)

2. Party Composition

Main DPS - GX

Secondary DPS - RK, Ranger ,Doram. (Mainly to kill GTB and provide additional DPS)
AB - Ress, Heal, Buffs

Sorcerer - Slight DPS and mainly ME when you encounter Bio mobs. 

Gene - FCP and DPS

1-2 RK/Ranger/Doram/Gene/Sorc

1-3 ABs

4-8 GXs

3. Not being able to wing forces people to plan how to avoid bio3 MVPs.

a) Either enter and bwing if its still there.

b. Enter and speed pot or rush to a corner so you are out of sight and then proceed to the otherway.

c) Forces to party up so the party can clear them as a whole.

'Cons' of not being able use random teleport in the map.

a) If you encounter a MVP you couldn't fight, you have to run away 

- While running you might be draging them to another party so causing a party wipe in addition to dying yourself.

B) Constantly running away is a 'waste' of time.

However, this aren't your day to day MVPs. Challenging them without an appropriate strategy or gear is going to end up a lot in frustration. Most of my first run with parties were total disasters, but we learn after a while and it becomes a lot smoother.

4. Flowers and rewards.

- Being untradeable is such a pain because eventhough we tend to designate an assigned looter, sometimes people do accidentally pick it up.

- Sometimes I kill a mob and it drops 2 (super rarely), sometimes 1, and sometimes not a single flower drop even after 15 MVPs. 

- On average we get about 7-8 flowers an hour. That means to get about 30 exchanges, we need to play for about 37-38 hours as a party. Thats 18-19 days of 2 hours farming everday.

- I think the flower rates have to consider again. Don't make it too easy to get but do consider that we need to spend quite a bit of time to kill every 70m+ hp MVP we encounter.

PS: Also they said send replay (video) file to support. Not post it here. You won't be finding any video submission in this thread. 

#49 Solitude

Solitude

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 19 April 2021 - 12:51 AM

Feedback for the event flower item.

These flowers have a weight of 1.  You can not trade them, rodex them, sell them, drop them, vend them or remove them from your inventory in any way.  I am currently trying to reset stats and I am unable to because I can not reduce my weight to 0.  Please have the weight reduced to 0 so we can use the stat reset service.  Or better yet get rid of this stupid mechanic to reset stats/skills.

If anyone does know of a way other than gathering 10 of these flowers to get rid of them please let me know.

#50 DovyMansion

DovyMansion

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 168 posts

Posted 19 April 2021 - 10:07 AM

the difficulty is too much. but it would be nice to know the reward list. as motivation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users