[Feedback Thread] RO1 Booster Event - Page 3 - Renewal Foundry - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[Feedback Thread] RO1 Booster Event

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
95 replies to this topic

#51 Kosh

Kosh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:chaaaaos

Posted 17 June 2021 - 11:26 AM

besides what everyone else said..

this event for me seems like it was intended to help new/poor players, but honestly what ive seen so far is old/well geared players leveling boosted characters en masse.

it's incredibly annoying to level in low levels because of the massive amount of afk- and mistress wing leeching parties ksing everyone. at this point i just shoot the afk mobs, its not ks if theyre afk right *shrug*

The rewards don't really seem that great for all the effort, and that is if I get a single chara to 175, which tbh feels undoable for me even with bmx3 in this amount of time

Edited by Kosh, 17 June 2021 - 11:27 AM.

#52 Daverost

Daverost

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 17 June 2021 - 12:28 PM

it's incredibly annoying to level in low levels because of the massive amount of afk- and mistress wing leeching parties ksing everyone. at this point i just shoot the afk mobs, its not ks if theyre afk right *shrug*

If they're just sitting there with like 15-20 things hitting them that they aren't killing, no, but if you're taking stuff that is being damaged by them out of spite simply because they're geared differently than you, yes, and you can have GM action taken against you for it.

#53 ad0l

ad0l

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1068 posts
  • Server:thor

Posted 17 June 2021 - 01:11 PM

the booster event last in july 22nd and the gm are not saying anything about the booster box to be permanent, whats the point of this thread if they just ignoring us from what we're saying, i know other people will laugh at this because there are well geared ocp thats why they can hit higher level but the new and casual players wont make it at least 130 , please make this boxes permanent...

#54 RaveMaster

RaveMaster

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4046 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 17 June 2021 - 02:55 PM

Just imagine if in the booster pack (100) we received a community headgear depending on our job, it would be fantastic.

#55 iROanth

iROanth

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • Server:Chaos, Thor

Posted 17 June 2021 - 03:51 PM

this is the only anniversary we get?  :unsure:  :wacko:

#56 MeatyOar

MeatyOar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 June 2021 - 04:21 PM

the item description on the metal staff doesnt indicate priest/acolyte classes can use them, so i picked the metal book on my priest instead, and then i realized the book doesnt really have magic attack, and i cant change the option anymore or delete character and reapply for booster event, that part kinda sucks

#57 Lanf0n

Lanf0n

I am New.

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 June 2021 - 06:41 AM

[Event] Novice Potion ACTUALLY cost weight 1, please fix it.

(the description shows both weight 0 and weight 1.)

#58 CMMayari

CMMayari

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1238 posts
  • Twitter:@CMMayari

Posted 18 June 2021 - 10:09 AM

the item description on the metal staff doesnt indicate priest/acolyte classes can use them, so i picked the metal book on my priest instead, and then i realized the book doesnt really have magic attack, and i cant change the option anymore or delete character and reapply for booster event, that part kinda sucks

Hello, I have alerted the team. Please go ahead and send in a ticket, and we can exchange the weapon for you. Thanks!

#59 OnionSalad

OnionSalad

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts
  • LocationVarmundt's Mansion Garden

Posted 24 June 2021 - 12:29 AM

I know this has been mentioned twice already, but it's unfortunate that the event doesn't fully support extended classes.

Above all, I am super disappointed that Dorams can't participate, despite having gears ready for them to claim. I don't wanna make Norman characters, my soul isn't into those and I've got enough already.

Is there any reason to this? To why extended class and Summoner are not able to fully benefit/join from the Booster event?

#60 vividort

vividort

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • Server:Hiatus x Hiatus

Posted 24 June 2021 - 07:36 PM

I think it has something to do about something star emperor & soul reaper missing from the event idk

Edited by vividort, 24 June 2021 - 07:37 PM.

#61 iROanth

iROanth

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • Server:Chaos, Thor

Posted 25 June 2021 - 06:16 AM

We have also our own daily lives, until July 22 isn't enough

#62 arrowspear

arrowspear

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 220 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 25 June 2021 - 12:37 PM

Second Job Ticket isn't working. It ask me to go to Sprakki behind the counter in novice academy. I use the navi function but no Sprakki.

What I hate about Booster Event

1. YOUR NPC QUEST DIALOG is so awkward to read. It feels like reading off a translation from Korean to English. To avoid this, standardized all NPC to give "clear and concise" task. Make sure that if a player interact with an NPC it give the instructions first. Don't write a 50,000 words novel for a simple quest. Example, Kill 50 [Exact Monster Name] in this [map location] , Gather 50 [Exact Description How to Get It And Where Exactly] or Go to [NPC Name] [Map location] and accept the quest. Anything that isn't really really relevant to completing the quest should be just optional read and player should always have the option to exit convesation and move on to completing the quest. Example of this are long backstory about an NPC that nobody really cares, what Campitor had for breakfast , how toilet works in Prontera etc, (I mean really!? Players don't have to teach game developer how to do their job but you guys are really asking for it).
  2. Why combine Booster Event Job Change system with an old Go-To-Novice-Academy-And-Speak-Sprakki system? Its stupid and poor design because you want to avoid bug coming when combining the two.

Edited by arrowspear, 25 June 2021 - 12:40 PM.

#63 6250140829153758463

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 286 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 June 2021 - 12:42 PM

Second Job Ticket works, but to your point, the dialogue is unclear. The NPC gives you two options: one tells you to go to the Novice Academy, the other one doesn't. Choose the other one. You can still do that in a subsequent dialog with the NPC, even after choosing the first option in a prior dialog.

Edited by 6250140829153758463, 25 June 2021 - 12:47 PM.

#64 KianS

KianS

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 870 posts

Posted 26 June 2021 - 10:20 PM

And maybe something worth mentioning is that everything from the box should be 0 in weight, currently the blue potion is taking 5 weight each, which normally cause overweight to our little novice and very inconvenient while reseting as it requires weight below 500.

#65 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 14 July 2021 - 08:01 AM

I liked getting a free character slot, but I didn't find anything else remarkable about the event. I would call it a jump-start event. When I hear "boost" I think of something going faster, this event doesn't make it faster, just easier for new players (so I guess it IS faster for brand new players).

The consumables are double edged, because you end up utilizing tons of your maximum capacity limit. About 1/5th of my total carrying capacity is consumables from the boxes and the blue potions are the majority of my weight limit. I found myself constantly hitting roadblocks based on item / weight limit issues because of it.

I got to 120 until the novelty wore off, but hopefully I can be motivated enough to finish the character before the event is over.

#66 vividort

vividort

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • Server:Hiatus x Hiatus

Posted 14 July 2021 - 12:10 PM

Honestly, the best part of this event is being able to reset your character as many times as you want, so you can test build and skills.

#67 Ultimate

Ultimate

Ultimate Event Inventor

• Members
  • 2915 posts
  • LocationValhalla Dwarf NPC

Posted 14 July 2021 - 12:30 PM

My feedback would be that the character is a level 1 high novice - skip the whole first class system and go right on to level 1 through 185 on one run through. I think that would be a more fun play through.

Edited by Ultimate, 14 July 2021 - 12:30 PM.

#68 6250140829153758463

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 14 July 2021 - 01:16 PM

Welcome back, Ultimate. IIRC, we got kRO's 2019 Booster Event, but their 2020 and 2021 versions start characters at Level 1 High Novice.

My suggestion: When the level 200 update is added to iRO, run the Booster Event again (but the 2020 or 2021 version).

• Piggybacking on suggestions from early in this thread: Make the 2019 Booster Event (except the character-creation method) permanent, while later versions of the Booster Event can still be temporary

Edited by 6250140829153758463, 14 July 2021 - 01:30 PM.

#69 Daverost

Daverost

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 15 July 2021 - 01:22 PM

The consumables are double edged, because you end up utilizing tons of your maximum capacity limit. About 1/5th of my total carrying capacity is consumables from the boxes and the blue potions are the majority of my weight limit. I found myself constantly hitting roadblocks based on item / weight limit issues because of it.

You can store the blue potions with Kafra. I never even used any of mine. The only consumables you can't store, IIRC, are the potion boxes (but you can store the potions you get from opening them), the booster boxes, and I think the event reds you start with, but I can't remember since I burned through them weeks ago. Never tried the other weightless stuff you get (yellow wings, magnifiers), but it's not really important.

#70 ad0l

ad0l

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1068 posts
  • Server:thor

Posted 15 July 2021 - 02:41 PM

i just got 131 SC the trans shadow set is pretty great 70% bypass def and mdef to all race but not for enemy players and char bound , it would be nice if account bound so that my others can use it specially my wl who cant do much damage , i just know the 175 goal box its a costume box with random results of 3 i guess i stop but im enjoying sc doing sura's earthshaker...

#71 holyelf

holyelf

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 15 July 2021 - 04:25 PM

Is it possible to extend booster event ? 

I never seen crowd people in leveling map like this before.

Now average in chaos is 1900+/- everyday from 1200 

#72 100000197917382

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 15 July 2021 - 05:05 PM

It was an amazing event, I would like to use the shadow set in other characters, please make it accound bound :)

#73 KianS

KianS

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 870 posts

Posted 15 July 2021 - 06:27 PM

Maybe do not restrict the 70% bypass to mDEF only should also be doing so for DEF just to be fair.

#74 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4116 posts

Posted 15 July 2021 - 06:47 PM

Maybe do not restrict the 70% bypass to mDEF only should also be doing so for DEF just to be fair.

Is it...

#75 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 15 July 2021 - 06:48 PM

It works for both '-'

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users