#1 iROanth

iROanth

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos, Thor

Posted 25 June 2021 - 06:27 AM

Is ragial.org is from iRO? Or from third party? Why is it discontinued? Will it come back?

#2 NaginataX

NaginataX

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 25 June 2021 - 06:43 AM

Third party and no longer functional unfortunately.  WP decided they wanted to look like they actually take botting seriously so they refused to continue allowing the Ragial bot do what it needed to do in order to give us a one-stop view of the entire marketplace.

But hey, at least they gave us a garbage in-game billboard that:

1. Only can handle a single search at a time before having to close and re-open it
  2. Only searches the particular town you are using the billboard in
  3. Errors out if there are too many results (e.g. searching "Costume")
  4. And doesn't show price histories

I mean, that sounds like an absolute win, right??

#3 azumak1

azumak1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1347 posts
  • Server:Chaos!

Posted 25 June 2021 - 07:23 AM

110% friggin' agree with above post. Sorry to say, but Ragial was just too good and convenient, and the in-game option is still so sorely lacking. It's unbelievably finicky and the interface is confusing and restricting. Basically all forms of advanced searching are broken and page result limitations just wreck most forms of market research. Oh and you also have to be at the location of the signpost to execute searches. A single one. Great, let me have a dedicated client on an alt account JUST for board searches in several towns.

EAC failed thoroughly. I know removing it won't bring back Ragial overnight. That wasn't the -only- reason it's gone now, poor Ren was absolutely justified in abandoning the project after so much abuse and accusations. BUT the removal of EAC might allow for the more creative fans in the userbase to come up with a public project on their own once again. ROPD, Ragial, that one other market site, choobs... all of those sites were bred from the fact that folks had time, boredom and the drive to make something that everyone can make use of. Heck, even things like the zeny spammer bot dunking party or the South Prontera Bench buff priest were awesome little projects that were ran by bots.

idk where I'm going with this anymore, so time to hit Post, lol.

#4 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 25 June 2021 - 07:24 AM

so they refused to continue allowing the Ragial bot do what it needed to do in order to give us a one-stop view of the entire marketplace.

The Ragial owner stepped it down in respect of WP's attempt to deal with bots post hiatus*

#5 6250140829153758463

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 286 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 June 2021 - 07:24 AM

Third party and no longer functional unfortunately.  WP decided they wanted to look like they actually take botting seriously so they refused to continue allowing the Ragial bot do what it needed to do in order to give us a one-stop view of the entire marketplace.

1. Only can handle a single search at a time before having to close and re-open it

I mean, that sounds like an absolute win, right??

Re: 1: You don't need to close and re-open it. Just click on the Shopping Board "NPC" again to reset the search count. Still inconvenient, but a bit less inconvenient than closing and clicking on the "NPC" again.

Edited by 6250140829153758463, 25 June 2021 - 07:25 AM.

#6 IDexter

IDexter

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts
  • LocationBeyond the wall

Posted 25 June 2021 - 07:38 AM

RIP ragial  :sob:

#7 Daverost

Daverost

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 25 June 2021 - 07:42 AM

You forgot it being obnoxiously case sensitive, too.

Edited by Daverost, 25 June 2021 - 07:43 AM.

#8 Agonizing

Agonizing

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3238 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 25 June 2021 - 11:04 AM

<3 ropd when it was around

Edited by Agonizing, 25 June 2021 - 11:04 AM.

#9 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 25 June 2021 - 03:03 PM

Taking bots seriously by allowing bot-like AFK chars which highly obnoxious to new players and they probably think botting is allowed in iRO anyway lol

Edited by ChakriGuard, 26 June 2021 - 08:31 AM.

#10 iROanth

iROanth

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • Server:Chaos, Thor

Posted 25 June 2021 - 11:30 PM

Bring back Ragial :"( will provide donations

#11 DDQuidam

DDQuidam

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok DS
  • Server:Nintendo DSi XL

Posted 30 June 2021 - 02:07 AM

Taking bots seriously by allowing bot-like AFK chars which highly obnoxious to new players and they probably think botting is allowed in iRO anyway lol

Tbf as long as you can bot, it is allowed. WP never did anything against bots anyway, now it does nothing against AHK/macro players so the same policy is still in place

#12 Daverost

Daverost

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 01 July 2021 - 10:42 AM

The difference is that AFK players aren't actually breaking any rules since they're playing entirely within the game's built-in mechanics, no matter how much people whine about them. Excusing AFK players does not mean enabling bots or macro users. Feel free to report any of those that you find. That's what the reporting system is for.

But don't witch hunt normal players just because they spent an absurd amount of money to kill things slowly without having to pay attention.

#13 dragonseph

dragonseph

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 08 July 2021 - 06:35 PM

The biggest thing missing without Ragial is historical sales data. As someone just returning to the game, I have no clue as to the value of items and with how clunky searching is on shopping board - don't feel like you can ever figure out true item values...

#14 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 08 July 2021 - 06:45 PM

Tbf as long as you can bot, it is allowed. WP never did anything against bots anyway, now it does nothing against AHK/macro players so the same policy is still in place

Yup,  :heh:  :heh:  :heh:

#15 Baphy93

Baphy93

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 22 July 2021 - 10:43 PM

Selling is now so much of a hassle it feels unplayable.

#16 KielConstantine

KielConstantine

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 22 July 2021 - 11:11 PM

Selling is now so much of a hassle it feels unplayable.

lulz..

due to tax system. Looks like total zenies in Rune midgard are dwindling :lol:

#17 azumak1

azumak1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1347 posts

Posted 23 July 2021 - 03:45 AM

Didn't even really think of this before, but my ranting post didn't even address the fact that many *official* Ragnarok servers have *official* live marketplace websites. They've been linked plenty of times over the years. 

Sorry to say, but selling/buying/trading/gearing up characters is the absolute BIGGEST draw for many RO players, and with crippled marketplace tools compared to how it used to be, players are having a hard time coming back. I don't want an hour long project to price out and set up a single 12-item vendor shop, but that's how it'll turn out to be when I hop on to sell some gear.

#18 100000197917382

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 23 July 2021 - 09:37 AM

There is a pretty active discord for market

#19 Baphy93

Baphy93

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 23 July 2021 - 11:13 AM

There is a pretty active discord for market

Got a link?

#20 100000197917382

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 23 July 2021 - 03:04 PM

Not sure if I can post it here but I'll do it anyways

https://discord.gg/jtgvrdzEtf

#21 azumak1

azumak1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1347 posts

Posted 24 July 2021 - 05:19 AM

Can't disagree that there are still fan-made marketplace options for trading, I use Discord trading for another MMO (much MUCH smaller (yes, it's possible lol)) and it's fine for the size of the user base. A lot of RO player's issues aren't that it's -impossible- to conduct trades, it's that RO's immense amount of items needs something better than going into a Discord channel and fumbling around with their search options.

A low time-investment way to still play RO was to scope out new costumes each month or see if you could find anything old that wasn't around before. Yes, I'm talking about the old tried-and-true method of typing "Costume" into Ragial and seeing what cute stuff came up.

Reminder that this is a game that thrives on the idea just about EVERYTHING in the game being able to be vended/traded. The instant trading of the Vend shops is such a core mechanic of the game that you need to choose a JOB to use it! It's part of the skill tree. Having to rely on really slow methods of research and trade like a Discord server or forum posts really grinds that quick-trading aspect of RO to a halt.

#22 Baphy93

Baphy93

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 27 July 2021 - 04:21 PM

Spoke a little too soon. A few days in and I'm a bit more acclimated, definitely not "unplayable," just a bit of inconvenience not knowing the value of items not currently being vended.

#23 dragonseph

dragonseph

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 29 July 2021 - 07:42 AM

Just another friendly reminder that we need something like Ragial back. How do I know what to sell something like "Shackles" for if I can't see any historical data and there is no current Vends? If someone puts up a buy for Skel-Bones 800z each, is that a good price? Who the heck knows...

There are way too many different items in this game to have a running knowledge of prices as a new player. This is not conducive to retaining new players in the game. How does a new player come in and figure out how much items are worth??? RO needs updates that assist new players to not just get quick levels but actually learn and grow the game. Trading, vending, collecting items is a huge part of RO, and the current limited usability of shopping boards absolutely kills that for levels 1-125.

#24 JittersSilverpaw

JittersSilverpaw

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 427 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City, USA
  • Server:Chaos, Freya

Posted 29 July 2021 - 10:07 AM

Yeah Ragial back would be good. :( Whine whine whine.

Yeah honestly would be.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users