Anyone else feel Gramps Burnout? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Anyone else feel Gramps Burnout?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
22 replies to this topic

#1 Darkxealot

Darkxealot

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 July 2021 - 06:19 PM

I dunno about this shared rotation thing being 2 weeks long, gramps used to be something quick and fun to do, now its just a slog and its 2 weeks of the same thing, the half and half of first week and second week creatures just makes finishing the quests take twice as long needlessly because of sheer population of creature types.  Allowing access to only one week of quests yet splitting the population sizes between 2 weeks just seems like laziness. If we are going to have to contend with week 1 and week 2 population together for 2 weeks we should be able to access the quests for both weeks.  Yes that means people would be able to do 4 quests but so what, why make the grind worse than it needs to be.

I don't really like this change much I was wondering if anyone else in the community felt this was a positive change or if it is generally seen as a lazy decision that has been poorly implemented.

#2 KianS

KianS

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 868 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 24 July 2021 - 06:29 PM

Same here, unless we can get 4 TI counts at the same time. And I was wondering why when Campitor did the announcement and none even care...

#3 nost99

nost99

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 24 July 2021 - 06:30 PM

+1 for 4 quests per TI.be fair.if u can exercise your laziness, why we cant.be fair.give us 4 quests per TI and no more cooldown.dont ask why.just do it

#4 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 July 2021 - 06:48 PM

it will still suck for the increased danger from having 2 irrelevant monsters to the killing quest, but i'd rather have the kill count halved (exp rewards maintained the same as for 400 monsters), as that maintains the ability for gramps to be a quick thing to do daily. 

but as it is it is bad

like baaad bad

#5 bearl

bearl

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2145 posts
  • Server:Warpportal Forum

Posted 24 July 2021 - 10:11 PM

it's just made easier for warpportal

#6 aTID2

aTID2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1710 posts
  • LocationLocation
  • Server:Server

Posted 25 July 2021 - 03:55 AM

harder to solo, harder to afk.

With the trade of slower the quest.

This is better for me tbh.

#7 KianS

KianS

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 868 posts

Posted 25 July 2021 - 07:26 PM

harder to solo, harder to afk.

With the trade of slower the quest.

This is better for me tbh.

I think solo is fine since it is the “direction” of the game. However please do not punish everyone of us just because of minority who AFK in Gramps (if this is your intention).

With 185 or soon 200 coming, we will have enough of leveling. So, making Gramps less efficient is actually a bad idea for me.

#8 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 26 July 2021 - 04:07 PM

Should allow BB in TIs since it's boring in there right lol

#9 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3956 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 26 July 2021 - 11:11 PM

I see no problem. Its very mobby so you get good exp regardless of the mob density. You can just treat it as leveling area for yourself.

Really helps the grind. Real maps outside save some are too annoying to mob train in. TIs are now more party focused as they should be, unless you are able to solo yourself.

#10 KielConstantine

KielConstantine

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 27 July 2021 - 08:01 AM

Should allow BB in TIs since it's boring in there right lol

I'm in :ok:

#11 nazhioozh

nazhioozh

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 668 posts
  • LocationSantiago, Chile
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 27 July 2021 - 08:10 AM

hmm i don't feel it. Actually i don't care. The main purpose of gramps TI quest since the beginning in 2011 is to help Lvl up, not farming. 

#12 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 27 July 2021 - 08:32 AM

I'd rather go to a real map to level, Gramps is just too good to pass up, so it forces you to do something less enjoyable in exchange for good EXP. TI is not immersive and it turns leveling into a numbers game instead of something where you might actually create a fond memory. My best memories of RO were leveling in Louyang, Thors, Nameless Island, Magma, High Orcs, Bathories, Ice Dungeon, etc. You know, those places where you hear the BGM and you remember leveling a character there. Exactly 0 of my fondest memories have occurred in TI.

I much preferred when they would do events like "Dragonlabs" or ID3 / TI2 turn ins in pre-renewal. Unlimited TI's daily was a little excessive but I think they need to marry spotlights to turn-ins and actually keep a schedule to cycle through different places.

Edited by Scuba, 27 July 2021 - 08:33 AM.

#13 dragonseph

dragonseph

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 27 July 2021 - 08:50 AM

I'd rather go to a real map to level, Gramps is just too good to pass up, so it forces you to do something less enjoyable in exchange for good EXP. TI is not immersive and it turns leveling into a numbers game instead of something where you might actually create a fond memory. My best memories of RO were leveling in Louyang, Thors, Nameless Island, Magma, High Orcs, Bathories, Ice Dungeon, etc. You know, those places where you hear the BGM and you remember leveling a character there. Exactly 0 of my fondest memories have occurred in TI.

I much preferred when they would do events like "Dragonlabs" or ID3 / TI2 turn ins in pre-renewal. Unlimited TI's daily was a little excessive but I think they need to marry spotlights to turn-ins and actually keep a schedule to cycle through different places.

THIS!

#14 RonSilver

RonSilver

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 644 posts

Posted 27 July 2021 - 10:14 AM

hmm i don't feel it. Actually i don't care. The main purpose of gramps TI quest since the beginning in 2011 is to help Lvl up, not farming.

risking general public hatred here, i totally agree with this, gramp maps should have 0% drop, those TIs are ment for leveling and should not be farmed for items. That would solve the no drop in some instances too, not to mention getting abysmal, aunoe, rockstep, mavka, headless mule, etc cards to the availability and prices they should have and not the crappy high rate p server ones they currently have. Also would make more controllable the zeny creation process, that right now comes mostly from item farmers in low ti.

Edited by RonSilver, 27 July 2021 - 10:15 AM.

#15 Daverost

Daverost

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 27 July 2021 - 12:09 PM

I definitely disagree. Various mobs that show up in Gramps in all tiers have a lot of drops that can help newer players establish themselves without spending days farming or breaking the bank in zeny. You can get all kinds of stuff from armor element cards to cast interruption cards/Orleans's Gowns to Vali's Manteaus to shield race cards and more. It's going to be a lot harder for newer players to get into the game without removing some of the sting of having to farm all of that stuff the hard way. It keeps prices on them affordable, too.

#16 havocstopper

havocstopper

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 346 posts
  • LocationNew England, USA
  • Server:Between Worlds

Posted 27 July 2021 - 01:52 PM

Yep.

I make a toon, then once I realize I'm stuck doing this every day for reasonable exp, I get bored :P

It feels too much like doing a mindless daily for a phone game. I miss visiting different maps D:

#17 Daverost

Daverost

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 27 July 2021 - 04:38 PM

I mean there's nothing stopping you from doing that. There are a ton of different places to level that people still use when Gramps has a bad week for a level range and plenty more that are never even touched. Seems weird to complain about an option.

#18 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 27 July 2021 - 08:52 PM

So if there was a better option than Gramps for EXP and loot you would keep doing Gramps?

#19 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts

Posted 28 July 2021 - 06:39 AM

For maximum efficiency. Pretty much like there are so many classes in iRO but many people choose to play GX not because they like it but it's for efficiency and imvestment wise.

#20 Daverost

Daverost

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 28 July 2021 - 07:34 AM

So if there was a better option than Gramps for EXP and loot you would keep doing Gramps?

I go where I'm comfortable leveling and where I think I'll enjoy it the most/hate it the least. What about you? You sound like you're being made to go to Gramps with a gun to your head.

#21 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 28 July 2021 - 08:22 AM

I go where the EXP is the most efficient like 99% of people. I value being efficient more than I value scenery, but I do value scenery and would prefer being efficient didn't mean sacrificing my other preferences. There's not a gun to my head but lets not pretend that any reasonable person would knowingly do things in a less efficient way given the choice.

If I have a friend that lives 20 wooded miles away, I could probably bike there because I like the scenery, but if I take the highway in my car I'll get there way faster with far less effort. Ultimately I'm valuing spending time at my friend's house the most in this example, so I am going to take the highway. I might wish that the highway had a better scenery, but I'm still taking the highway 10 times out of 10.

Edited by Scuba, 28 July 2021 - 08:23 AM.

#22 FishDeity

FishDeity

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 535 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 28 July 2021 - 11:17 AM

i dislike how currently there's 4 different monsters in TI. More different types of monsters makes it slower for TI to complete, more difficult to kill & reduce damage effectively, and can't optimize Battle Manuals. What made TI fun is how fast, effective, and efficient the exp gain was. That would also attract more people to meet there and potentially party up, which is actually how my partner and I got into our current guild since a year ago. 

Would prefer the old TI configuration of just 2 monsters instead of 4

#23 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts

Posted 28 July 2021 - 06:53 PM

If its difficult enough, people would start making a party like it used to be. That also depends if we have enough active players. Was told server sometime now has over 2.5k online but I aint really buying it. More than 90% are either AFK bots, active bots, or venders.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users