The Greed is TOO MUCH - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

The Greed is TOO MUCH

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20 replies to this topic

#1 Darkxealot

Darkxealot

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 August 2021 - 08:33 AM

You have players that are selling items online and are literally making a career out of this game because the in game economy is ruined with no ability to be redeemed.  Save a zeny wipe.  I cant even imagine what it must be like for any new player to come into the game visit Prontera for the first time and see rows and rows of vendors asking for Billions after they have done their first item trade in for 10k..i imagine its overwhelming, and then they go to the shiny quest logo above Paradise group and witness 50 more people asking for many more billions.

I am not just referring to the greed of the players either, which is endless and growing at an unsustainable rate.  But the greed exhibited by warp portal as well, lets examine the last set of items out of Kachua and then feel a bit nauseous, two of the offerings were boxes which had RNG Chances to give you one of the items you wanted, the Secret Shadow Box, and the Temporal Mant. Box.  So instead of allowing the player to choose which item they wanted from the aforementioned boxes, they are rolling the dice on Kachua Keys, to the roll the dice on a Box...RNG within RNG that is disgusting on levels i cannot begin to describe without degrading to profanity.

Don't read this and think oh just another poor noobie rage post cause they cant get the item they want...nope i would consider myself quite well off and capable of maintaining in this mess of an economy but lately the greed i have seen as started making my stomach turn, its too much the community in general and warp portal need to dial this back a bit...i mean if your only goal is to maintain the career item sellers, which you have done nothing to stop and the few other nostalgia players then i suppose stay the course...but nothing is capable of sustaining without fresh growth.  From the perspective of a new player I would have to say if I was to examine the economy and player transactions based solely on current day state of the game, I for one wouldn't even bother playing.  The current restrictive cost of entry into this game is way to high, no one plays in parties anymore because of items coming out of the cash shop/Keys are far too powerful and have made all save a few in game items completely worthless.  The exceptions to my previous statement are usually items that require insane amounts of grinding to acquire enough of "Token" items to make.  

Its hard to want to keep playing this game at this point...the greed is just to overwhelming and it isn't going away because the game model promotes it and i don't know if i am morally comfortable supporting/playing a game that thrives on greed to such a disgusting degree.

Anyone have a constructive solution please say something, right now i am stuck, I see 2 things fixing this.  For starters WARP PORTAL STOP...no more RNG within RNG loot boxes that is ridiculous, come on.  Zeny Wipe?, i dunno setting these damn zillionaires back would help save the economy but i am 100% sure they will want to defend the economy as it stands cause if they wipe the zeny, THEY LOSE THEIR CAREER, and zeny sales and item sales will disappear, and the economy will be able to rebalance.  Ya know the thing in your terms of service that says item selling is forbidden...but it doesnt appear to be cause the Websites and Facebook Pages still thrive.

WP please help me understand...i would like to hear from you guys as well why do you think that this business model is ok, from a sales point i am sure it is fine but from a costumer point of view these practices seem abusive.  Are you guys not capable of finding a system that is fair...keep your kachua key thing thats greet and your other cash shop items, but stop the punishing RNG with RNG practices.

#2 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10857 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 28 August 2021 - 08:40 AM

Keep OCP firesales on permanently
Keep refinement events on permanently

Problem solved.

Also nothing wrong with bring greedy. It isn't nice but it's totally normal. Don't mind the irl poor folks making money of the game. No one wants to be poor. If you're rich irl and don't have to make money of the game, just feel lucky and fortunate, you know.

Edited by ChakriGuard, 28 August 2021 - 08:43 AM.

#3 YuriMeian

YuriMeian

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 28 August 2021 - 08:58 AM

The current restrictive cost of entry into this game is way to high.

Nope. It is not. It's a free game. Sounds like the typical high expectations not being met situation. I do agree greedy players exists, but they exists everywhere too.

I started 15 months ago, put in time, learned the market, put in more work, and I now have more than enough gears in game. I also know a handful of players who started with nothing, paid / spent nothing, and still got geared after some time, 6~12 months period.

Don't bother to compare with other players who have spent years playing this game, or comparing with those who puts in more money than you. What's the point? Just setting yourself up for disappointment.

In retrospect, the more time you spend in iRO, the easier it becomes to make zeny. In absence of swiping debit/credit card, you just need to put in time to learn, put in effort and have lots of patience.

Edited by YuriMeian, 28 August 2021 - 09:15 AM.

#4 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 28 August 2021 - 09:01 AM

meh

#5 Tribe

Tribe

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 728 posts
  • Server:Freya

Posted 28 August 2021 - 09:16 AM

Ragnarok needs to happen (full wipe!).

And a classic server.

#6 aTID2

aTID2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1717 posts
  • LocationLocation
  • Server:Server

Posted 28 August 2021 - 09:44 AM

Ragnarok needs to happen (full wipe!).

And a classic server.

More post on RT lover that making me want to puke.

#7 awesomegeek

awesomegeek

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1629 posts

Posted 28 August 2021 - 09:57 AM

you don't have to buy those top tier gears. you can use GX, buy Enforcer Shoes for 700m, be barehanded and still clear Faceworm, OGH and 17.1 with relative ease. now just make 10 more GXes and you'' be rich in a few months. just like how others did it with 10-30 GXes alts.

software developers and other tech staff are expensive. kRO probably demands high price for content or whatever their business model with Warp Portal is, it takes huge amount of money.

having said that, Booster event was great. it just needs to be toned down so it becomes not an event, but the official way of getting strated in iRO.

#8 bearl

bearl

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2148 posts
  • Server:Warpportal Forum

Posted 28 August 2021 - 10:10 AM

huh? lol

#9 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10857 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 28 August 2021 - 10:28 AM

Don't know about making GX alts. Ranger now is another good candidate to make alts. Problem is, do most PvM loots sell good? Is it really worth spending hours to use alts to farm zeny? Lol ... that's sad.

#10 aTID2

aTID2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1717 posts
  • LocationLocation
  • Server:Server

Posted 28 August 2021 - 10:36 AM

someone still thinks that iRO isn't same company as kRO. Poor you Gravity interactive.

#11 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 28 August 2021 - 10:46 AM

Sorry but this all just really sounds like someone didn't get what they want from their kachua keys.

#12 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts

Posted 28 August 2021 - 11:16 AM

Y’all need is a grandma boxter kachua or get rid of those stupid outliers like elegant weapon sentimentals and whatnots like there’s nothing else to dump those items. 2 same items for 1 kachua key problem solved.

Edited by Boyeteers, 28 August 2021 - 11:17 AM.

#13 Darkshneider

Darkshneider

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 354 posts

Posted 28 August 2021 - 11:32 AM

the prices may be high indeed because inflation,but that also means that items you get from instances,drops and sometimes event,sell that much higher too.

#14 ShekelShark

ShekelShark

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 504 posts
  • LocationOutside Your Window
  • Server:Trans

Posted 28 August 2021 - 01:46 PM

OH NO THE GAME IS TO HARD FOR NEW PLAYERS!
it has never been easier for new players to make in game money then now, if you use you're brain then maybe you will see how to go from 1z to 999999999999999999z

really if you rubbed 2 brain cells together then maybe you can see how to make money, but no WE HAVE TO ABOLISH the money that people have earned over the years.......WOW

you_know_nothing_of_the_world.jpg

Edited by ShekelShark, 28 August 2021 - 01:51 PM.

#15 Essmikayl

Essmikayl

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 915 posts
  • Twitter:@bhismocabbage
  • Locationphone code +62
  • Server:Mayhem

Posted 28 August 2021 - 04:45 PM

from all MMO's i played and official RO server i played, iRO is the least greedy one.

#16 Asukirin

Asukirin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 28 August 2021 - 06:13 PM

i second the comment of Essmikayl.

#17 Nicomatics

Nicomatics

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • LocationPort Malaya
  • Server:pRO Chaos, iRO Thor

Posted 29 August 2021 - 05:08 AM

TBH, too much luck really suxx at times because getting everything sooo easy gives you less reason to grind and play for it. I kinda like to challenge myself on MMORPGs so I thought coming back to iRO as it probably has the most RNG among the games I ever played. T.OS has become way too easy and too generous for everyone (explained below). RNG gives sense of purpose for other players to play. That's how the game is build and whether we like it or not we have to deal with it. 

For the less greediest game, I think for me it's iT.OS. With the very recent big update *just last week), they gave free new end-game gears to all the players at least base level 50 (obtained 1x per account, but item becomes character bound), basically almost the same item that they put in the cash shop and would costs hundreds of millions to craft and I was like damn iRO couldn't even get some proper starter equipment for the newbies. Although I personally think that giving these free end-game gears to new players is just too much >.> could've at least some mid tier ones that can help them earn the end-game gears.

Too much generosity at the end of the game developers/company kinda lessen the excitement for people who came over to play for the challenge because you almost got nothing to work hard for when they give it for free fgs >.<. I think iRO just got it right (except with years worth of backlog on updates and fixes, and the poor system for new players/returnees)

#18 pao0

pao0

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 499 posts

Posted 29 August 2021 - 06:23 AM

greedisgood 99999999

#19 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4121 posts

Posted 29 August 2021 - 06:37 AM

TBH, too much luck really suxx at times because getting everything sooo easy gives you less reason to grind and play for it. I kinda like to challenge myself on MMORPGs so I thought coming back to iRO as it probably has the most RNG among the games I ever played. T.OS has become way too easy and too generous for everyone (explained below). RNG gives sense of purpose for other players to play. That's how the game is build and whether we like it or not we have to deal with it. 

For the less greediest game, I think for me it's iT.OS. With the very recent big update *just last week), they gave free new end-game gears to all the players at least base level 50 (obtained 1x per account, but item becomes character bound), basically almost the same item that they put in the cash shop and would costs hundreds of millions to craft and I was like damn iRO couldn't even get some proper starter equipment for the newbies. Although I personally think that giving these free end-game gears to new players is just too much >.> could've at least some mid tier ones that can help them earn the end-game gears.

Too much generosity at the end of the game developers/company kinda lessen the excitement for people who came over to play for the challenge because you almost got nothing to work hard for when they give it for free fgs >.<. I think iRO just got it right (except with years worth of backlog on updates and fixes, and the poor system for new players/returnees)

kRO kinda updated their eden gear with better ones

#20 gaurus

gaurus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 560 posts
  • LocationJuno

Posted 29 August 2021 - 10:47 AM

Don't know about making GX alts. Ranger now is another good candidate to make alts. Problem is, do most PvM loots sell good? Is it really worth spending hours to use alts to farm zeny? Lol ... that's sad.

+1

OP, Once you no longer feel fun to play or spend money or time on this game , I would suggest to save your head/heart/wallet and just move on from this game. Or you just take a break for some time. You ll see a different perspective after those break. Maybe you want to play back with attitude it is what it is and take it easy, or you be like me, quit already cause you realize the emotions (these kinda rant, yeah i had this too with these same exact *enthusiastic* reply) you invested into this game ain't worth it.

Aside, cant tell the company to not being greedy when the fundamental theme of this game itself is....being greedy . Or hardcore is more precise I guess? xD 

#21 Darkshneider

Darkshneider

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 354 posts

Posted 29 August 2021 - 12:01 PM

I never imagined a shark could talk such sense XD couldnt have said it better myself.

Like I have a friend that came back to RO a few months ago,i was in a hiatus ((i been playingg since forever so i take breaks)) so he had no help from me,when i came here,the madlad has aquired alot of strong gear something that took me 20x the time before to me in the distant past.

Thing is,people go and watch the prices,see many numbers and their brains go panic mode.If the prices are high,means anything valuable you obtain sells for alot too.Not many people understand economics and im not saying it in a derogatory way not everyone knows all subjects,but ots how economics work ((yes it even apploes for virtual economies,thats why since years back many mmo companies hire an economist to help them understand and help the ingame economy,this is where money sink and such mechanics ideas come from))

Anyway take care and i hope the op breathes deep and gives it a go at the game

OH NO THE GAME IS TO HARD FOR NEW PLAYERS!
it has never been easier for new players to make in game money then now, if you use you're brain then maybe you will see how to go from 1z to 999999999999999999z

really if you rubbed 2 brain cells together then maybe you can see how to make money, but no WE HAVE TO ABOLISH the money that people have earned over the years.......WOW

you_know_nothing_of_the_world.jpg

Edited by Darkshneider, 29 August 2021 - 01:02 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users