5 replies to this topic

#1 XElesisX

XElesisX

I am New.

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 December 2021 - 05:06 PM

Hello Players,

For the new version of Requiem, it would be great if Gravity upgrades  to UE4, if you agree with this, please vote +1

#2 hepsojekka

hepsojekka

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 December 2021 - 11:34 PM

This may require more qualifed people, so a bigger investement ( even for the licences of the product ) and more time spent developing the rework ( so the cost of the project becomes exponential ).

Graphic improvement, in my opinion, can wait. There are a lot of big problems more important than that.

Let's see what they do about all the feedback they are recieving.

After the release of a fully patched/ balanced/ ambient-adjusted/ well managed/ no paytowin game, we can suggest something about the graphic improvement

Edited by hepsojekka, 27 December 2021 - 11:54 PM.

#3 Cleffy

Cleffy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2377 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 29 December 2021 - 10:03 PM

That would require way too much investment for a game with Requiem's current resources. The game is on Gamebryo and uses a custom netcoding engine. Migrating that information to Unreal Engine would be a lot of work costing millions. The netcoding of the game would need to be redone as Unreal does not provide an mmorpg framework. Switching engines serves no practical purposes if there are no major changes to the graphic resources. Everything would still look the same despite wasting thousands of hours on the transition. The tools for modifying the games are similar between Unreal and Gamebryo. Now if we were talking about converting to a physically based rendering engine, then Unreal or Unity would be the only options, but at that point you're looking at making a new game anyway. Why waste a 200-person development team, 5 years, a few hundred million on Requiem.

Edited by Cleffy, 29 December 2021 - 10:04 PM.

#4 XElesisX

XElesisX

I am New.

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 December 2021 - 12:16 AM

I believe the game have potential.. And Gravity needs to look forward to the future... If an investement this big is unthinkable, then a reliable solution must be found and applied.

The updates this game needs aren't only the skills, music, or bugs, i believe graphic must be improved along with cinematic, advertisement and promo.

#5 BloodyHalo

BloodyHalo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1027 posts
  • LocationHollow Bastion
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:Long Live Hammerine

Posted 02 January 2022 - 04:43 AM

I believe the game have potential.. And Gravity needs to look forward to the future... If an investement this big is unthinkable, then a reliable solution must be found and applied.

The updates this game needs aren't only the skills, music, or bugs, i believe graphic must be improved along with cinematic, advertisement and promo.

Because at that price point they could make an entirely new game. Requiem doesn't have the following (anymore) it takes to justify such expenditures.

#6 xkaymanx

xkaymanx

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 June 2022 - 12:07 PM

This is so UNREAL, basically...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users