March 24th Renewal Maintenance - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

March 24th Renewal Maintenance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
113 replies to this topic

#1 CMMayari

CMMayari

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1238 posts
  • Twitter:@CMMayari
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 24 March 2022 - 09:16 AM

uu2D1so.jpg

iRO Renewal Weekly Maintenance

March 24th, 12:00PM - 6:00PM PDT

Pope Osuwari Head

Incorrectly lists a set bonus with the Kiel card in the website. This is a set MALUS the website will be fixed ASAP. In game will show correctly.

Set Malus
When equipped with Kiel Card,
Increase after skill delay by 30%,

This Week's Gramps Turn-In Monsters
3/24/22

• Low: Pasana / Gargoyle
  • Mid: Hill Wind / Green Venatu
  • High: Imp / Menblatt

3/31/22

• Low: Firelock Soldier / Heater
  • Mid: Blazzer / Wraith Dead
  • High: Kasa / Machine Component DR815

Updates

• New OCP will be available in the cash shop for 300KP
  • lYGp1N4.png
  • Sweets Event ends
  • Costume Stone Box 11 is updated
    Spoiler
  • The following costumes can be exchanged for the Enchant Stone Boxes listed
    Spoiler

Events

• TBuMaDH.png
    Our Homeward Bound Event has been extended (Ending date is to be determined)!
    • Enjoy a bonus +50% EXP and +25% Drops as you stay indoors and keep safe!
  • TqLqat2.png
    Big prizes are listed in bold:
    • Kafra Blossom Card (1) / Old Purple Box (1-10) - 1,000,000z
    • Beelzebub Wing Box (1) / Yggdrasil Berry (1-4) - 1,000,000z
    • HD Oridecon 100 Box (1) / Oridecon (1-20) - 2,000,000z
    • Temporal Crystal (20) / Yggdrasil Seed (1-2) - 200,000z
    • Coagulated Spell (2) / Blue Herb (1-60) - 70,000z
    • HD Elunium 100 Box (1) / Elunium (1-30) - 2,000,000z
    • Cursed Fragment (1) / Witch Starsand (1-20) - 60,000z
    • HE Bubblegum (2) / Alcohol (1-15) - 350,000z
    • Blacksmith Blessing (1) / Yggdrasil Seed (1-2) - 175,000z
    • HE Battle Manual (2) / Strawberry (1-30) - 100,000z

Spotlight

• Lasagna
    The following monsters are affected:
    Spoiler

Community

• Did you know?
    • The use of grf edits such as "grayworld" is prohibited
    • We do not recruit players to be GMs
    • If you are experiencing any game-related issues and need assistance, please send in a ticket to our support team

#2 CMMayari

CMMayari

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1238 posts
  • Twitter:@CMMayari

Posted 24 March 2022 - 09:17 AM

Just some things to keep in mind- patch notes are being posted with what we have so far. It will still be updated throughout the day- with the costume stone box 11 list and link to OCP page. The team is also in the middle of confirming that Gramps list is accurate and won't be messed up next week. 

Thank you!

#3 Kogaa

Kogaa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts
  • LocationCL/ScytheSociety
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 March 2022 - 09:18 AM

Kachuas at this event, that's good

CC Fix please  :rolleyes:

Edited by Kogaa, 24 March 2022 - 09:20 AM.

#4 LordXeres

LordXeres

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 187 posts
  • LocationPayon

Posted 24 March 2022 - 09:54 AM

Continue the sweets festival please.

#5 Ucatolica

Ucatolica

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 329 posts
  • LocationViña del Mar, Chile
  • Server:Yggdrassil

Posted 24 March 2022 - 09:54 AM

We have a large discuss in forum about OCP and how they are killing the game, too much OCP, too broken and too often... 
Clearly at this point you are milking the server as much you can, you don't finish to fix one ocp, server it's saturated with ocp, and brilliant solution, another ocp, believe me this month another 300 players will quit.

#6 awesomegeek

awesomegeek

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1629 posts

Posted 24 March 2022 - 10:37 AM

We have a large discuss in forum about OCP and how they are killing the game, too much OCP, too broken and too often... 
Clearly at this point you are milking the server as much you can, you don't finish to fix one ocp, server it's saturated with ocp, and brilliant solution, another ocp, believe me this month another 300 players will quit.

It's too late to stop now. you think items like Sixth Sense Ring, Ignis Cap K, Enforcer Shoes already wreaking havoc in the server and then suddenly halting OCP releases gonna make a difference? WP already tried that 0 OCP approach and look what happened. There were no more or less new players or population. Nothing changed.

Also, OCPs are not just for one shoting mvps and breezing through BIO5. New players and new characters use them to level much faster and easier.

Having said that, WP needs to make sure the OCPs they get don't ruin upcoming content like EDDA Biolab, 17.2 and Glast Heim Challenge. These are mostly Armors, Upper Headgear and Weapons. As long as they don't release OCPs in these slots. I think it's ok.

#7 crystalerLM

crystalerLM

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 24 March 2022 - 10:39 AM

OCP is not bad for the game. It attracts some players.

The reason we lost players is the updates.  We are urging for the Green Aura (MVP Adjustment) and Challenge Glast Helm. Then you will need the OCP.

People quit because slow updates, not because OCP.

#8 crystalerLM

crystalerLM

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 24 March 2022 - 10:45 AM

If you look at some other servers (like twRO), their gears (literally not OCP but their own gears) are much more OP than ours and can deal much more damage than us.    But their population doesn't decrease. Mostly because the updates.     

Our OCP is innocent and justicial.

#9 Ucatolica

Ucatolica

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 24 March 2022 - 10:51 AM

OCP is not bad for the game. It attracts some players.

The reason we lost players is the updates.  We are urging for the Green Aura (MVP Adjustment) and Challenge Glast Helm. Then you will need the OCP.

People quit because slow updates, not because OCP.

New update don't matter if you complete solo in one month. Lvl 185 woo great, now nobody is leveling... same to advanced OGH. OCP kill the game because makes the game full PVM full soloable and that quickly turns in boring players, so i see a try to compesate the lack of content with more op items, but when new content comes out will be meh, because you already are receiving better equipment from pay boxes. Also no one it's buying only sale, economy is the main thing in rpg game.

#10 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3540 posts

Posted 24 March 2022 - 10:55 AM

Ppls don’t quit. They just hibernatin

#11 Meddler01

Meddler01

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 411 posts
  • Server:iRO - Thor/Transcendence

Posted 24 March 2022 - 10:57 AM

Whats inside the new OCP? thanks!

#12 Vladdin

Vladdin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 616 posts
  • LocationJuno

Posted 24 March 2022 - 11:03 AM

What costumes can we exchange for the new box? I hope everything in this current egg can be exchanged to box 11.

Edited by Vladdin, 24 March 2022 - 11:09 AM.

#13 crystalerLM

crystalerLM

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 24 March 2022 - 11:05 AM

New update don't matter if you complete solo in one month. Lvl 185 woo great, now nobody is leveling... same to advanced OGH. OCP kill the game because makes the game full PVM full soloable and that quickly turns in boring players, so i see a try to compesate the lack of content with more op items, but when new content comes out will be meh, because you already are receiving better equipment from pay boxes. Also no one it's buying only sale, economy is the main thing in rpg game.

If no OCP, more people will quit the game. They cannot do farm, and the game are only open to the rare players with high value MVPs.

Economy is how many players will play and how the items circulate. OCP facilitates that.

#14 RonSilver

RonSilver

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 644 posts

Posted 24 March 2022 - 11:12 AM

yeah, they have to sell something.

the players quit because after getting the new gear that comes out there's nothing to do with it...

we need in game content. and not just a set and forget, new content should be coming every two month at least. like a new illusion dungeon, or a rise in lvl cap, or a new instance, or whatever. but it needs to keep on constantly coming or there's nothing fun to do with the new cash shop gear.

Edited by RonSilver, 24 March 2022 - 11:13 AM.

#15 LordXeres

LordXeres

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 187 posts
  • LocationPayon

Posted 24 March 2022 - 11:27 AM

I have been an On and Off player and if I did not have OCP, I would have never been able to compete with people playing for years on end. I would never have been able to profit from selling them since the old players have most of the items and mvps. OCP is not the main reason for people to quit, it is the delayed content and bug fixes. I don't blame the GMs here for the delay, since they are prolly not the decision makers of the work they have to do; it might what has been assigned to them. But they are definitely the ones facing players grudges.

#16 Ucatolica

Ucatolica

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 24 March 2022 - 11:27 AM

If no OCP, more people will quit the game. They cannot do farm, and the game are only open to the rare players with high value MVPs.

Economy is how many players will play and how the items circulate. OCP facilitates that.

and farm what? items way below ocp? no motivation for that more than kill something when have nothing more to do, no one will buy or sell from IN GAME items if all interesting content cames out from OCP, even Mvp's and god items are way bellow OCP now.
At least if illusion armors will equaly good as some Dress or class armor, players will still farm 17.1 if atleast that OCP was pure complement for level up or play other builds like Genesis Ray (i found good that one) but no, they are releasing more heavy nukes to kill all pushing 1 buttom and lot of gamblers support that, but server now is full ocp items to sell and no one buy nothing.
At least if they will bring more OCP, review how broken they are and check how saturated of OCP items it's server right now, between ocp they should give a breath.

Edited by Ucatolica, 24 March 2022 - 11:34 AM.

#17 lanxiyu

lanxiyu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 March 2022 - 11:43 AM

OCP is not the real problem of our server.What really makes our server dying is that we don't have any new updates.Look at other server (like TWRO),they have new updates every month,such as new monsters,new maps,new quests and new enchant system that keep attracting ppl to play.And even they have 4th classes updated yesterday.Back to us,frankly,we have been playing the same thing for months(likely for years).Players have already got tired of old contents.
It is never bad for having new OCPs,but if we don't have new stuff to play,what is the meaning of new OCPs?We can kill old monsters by old euips easily,why do we have to spend more money?

#18 Meddler01

Meddler01

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 411 posts
  • Server:iRO - Thor/Transcendence

Posted 24 March 2022 - 11:56 AM

I hope everyone understand that OCP is optional, is not required for anybody to buy it. It also helps players to get chance in having items at a risk/price.

Just like in my situation now, just several months ago Juggernaut is abundant, it was like 40m each at Thor.

But now, no one is selling it, some offered me at  250m! 

So, if WP will not releasing/recycle OCP/Kachua items, Sellers would only hoard items, thus needy players turns to RMT transactions, because not everyone has many zeny to spend :(.

P.S.

People tend to comeback so don't worry. Some are just in hiatus/vacation doing real life stuff like work, and living real life lol

Don't worry if game is dying, every game will be dead anyways if WW3 occurs so enjoy whatever anyone is doing, and pray it'll not happen at all.

Edited by Meddler01, 24 March 2022 - 12:06 PM.

#19 crystalerLM

crystalerLM

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 24 March 2022 - 12:19 PM

and farm what? items way below ocp? no motivation for that more than kill something when have nothing more to do, no one will buy or sell from IN GAME items if all interesting content cames out from OCP, even Mvp's and god items are way bellow OCP now.
At least if illusion armors will equaly good as some Dress or class armor, players will still farm 17.1 if atleast that OCP was pure complement for level up or play other builds like Genesis Ray (i found good that one) but no, they are releasing more heavy nukes to kill all pushing 1 buttom and lot of gamblers support that, but server now is full ocp items to sell and no one buy nothing.
At least if they will bring more OCP, review how broken they are and check how saturated of OCP items it's server right now, between ocp they should give a breath.

Lol it is you that don't undestand the nature of the game, but you accuse your own fault to OCP.

In most of the case, OCP is complements to the in-game gears. It gives more options for players and make the game run more smoothly.

In the future we have more challening contents and instances, and more competitive in-game gears.  It is where we need OCP to finish those instances, and in most of cases, OCP is not enough for them.

We need to bring more updates.    The fault is not on OCP.

Players are already more than 30 years old, don't expect players to form a 12-players party every night to farm.  They need to care families. 

If you don't like OCP, simiply don't buy it. Nobody forces you to buy OCP.

#20 Kogaa

Kogaa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts
  • LocationCL/ScytheSociety

Posted 24 March 2022 - 12:33 PM

When fix CC? :(

#21 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 24 March 2022 - 12:41 PM

If you look at some other servers (like twRO), their gears (literally not OCP but their own gears) are much more OP than ours and can deal much more damage than us. But their population doesn't decrease. Mostly because the updates.

Our OCP is innocent and justicial.

You're comparing iRO to TwRO. But then you aint even comparing how easy it is to be OP in iRO and in twRO. Wonder if it takes $100 to clear any end game in twRO.

For one thing, I haven't even played TwRO but I dare say that it must be very hard to be OP there. If anyone plays TwRO, please correct me.

You're saying iRO needs updates. Yeah but where is the money? Give big money to kRO first then we can talk about contents. Real talks. If I remember it right, twRO is one of key players to generate big money to kRO. No -_- its very updated. Even thaiRO has already surpassed iRO.

I already have seen some people complained about 0.34% rate of Dark ring. Does twRO and jRO have hard rates like this? My another take is yes lol

Edited by ChakriGuard, 24 March 2022 - 12:46 PM.

#22 Ucatolica

Ucatolica

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 24 March 2022 - 12:45 PM

Lol it is you that don't undestand the nature of the game, but you accuse your own fault to OCP.

In most of the case, OCP is complements to the in-game gears. It gives more options for players and make the game run more smoothly.

In the future we have more challening contents and instances, and more competitive in-game gears.  It is where we need OCP to finish those instances, and in most of cases, OCP is not enough for them.

We need to bring more updates.    The fault is not on OCP.

Players are already more than 30 years old, don't expect players to form a 12-players party every night to farm.  They need to care families. 

If you don't like OCP, simiply don't buy it. Nobody forces you to buy OCP.

sure meta game OCP it's "complementary"  RK DB it's full geared with OCP except for sword and boots, GX, Ranger, Royal Guard too. You forced to get OCP and BUY because you can't do instance in party or level up in party if you can't solo you can't play anymore. The game was designed to play as a team. Lack of content is one of the problems, but OCP breaking the game each time ist's another.
OCP never was optional, the change metagame eachtime an OP items cames out.

Edited by Ucatolica, 24 March 2022 - 12:47 PM.

#23 ffrkjunki

ffrkjunki

I am New.

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 March 2022 - 12:46 PM

A Hail Mary would be like Grace Gears, King Schmidt Gears, and Varmeal System. My problem was I was thinking you can Crit with Cross impact so I went that route and you can not. I am not buying enforcer shoes because I don't see point when for all I know we will get it and i will have more unsellable gear.  Fix past issues first and do another set of booster characters since that actually pumped server if was well timed with said above we could probably hit 1200-1400. More OCP's will not do much. But I would iterate to KRO we need a hail marry and booster chars until they listen. The fact new players have to try gambling to get up to speed is the biggest swing and a miss. 

#24 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 24 March 2022 - 12:49 PM

We need to bring more updates. The fault is not on OCP.

You're right. It's not OCPs' fault. The fault is at easy rates. Glad that WP finally start using some reasonable hard rates. So if you wanna be OP, you've gotta spend a lot to support the game.

Now problem is, will people spend enough to get kRO attention to send us next updates. I doubt it. KRO is probably busy with twRO, thaiRO, and other new servers in SEA where they cna milk.

Many of us wish to have a server like jRO and twRO or whatsoever but do we wish to whale heavily like those players? I doubt it.

Edited by ChakriGuard, 24 March 2022 - 01:57 PM.

#25 mic9010

mic9010

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 682 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 March 2022 - 01:03 PM

To be honest, OCP might cause people to quit GIVEN THE CURRENT CONTENT. But the root cause is that WP team is so slow on bug fixing and bringing new contents, hence players keep quitting.

Even with OCPs and high end MVPs, future contents like Glast Heim Challenge mode is hard to solo. As others mentioned already, you don't have to buy OCP, either in game or with real money, in that sense, you can still play the game without OCP and feel some challenge. You are mentioning "competing with others" many times, but what's the point of you having to do so? If you mean something like MVP competition, it's more about who find the MVPs first now, you can kill MVPs very easily without OCP too. OCP has nothing to do there.

Please don't be like some guy who blames everything to OCP and advocates a new server. Cash flow is important for maintaining the server, I think what you should blame for is that we don't get the service for what we paid for.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users