My game keeps closing - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

My game keeps closing

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 Nanum

Nanum

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 120 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 30 May 2022 - 06:30 AM

So every time I log on the game, a few seconds later my game just closes with no error messages. it just "poof".

Any ideas how to fix this? :c

#2 Ilindith

Ilindith

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1451 posts

Posted 30 May 2022 - 10:40 AM

One of us

#3 DDQuidam

DDQuidam

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok DS
  • Server:Nintendo DSi XL

Posted 30 May 2022 - 12:46 PM

That's EAC in action, welcome to the brotherhood of outcasts.

#4 VModIceCreamCake

VModIceCreamCake

Amateur Blogger

• WarpPortal VM
  • 319 posts
  • LocationWest Coast, USA

Posted 30 May 2022 - 06:32 PM

No official word on this as far as I know, but generally if I see this happening I restart my PC to fix it. Once my Windows 10 is back up the client stays open. The likely culprit is EAC incorrectly flagging other programs as hacks since when it sees banned programs it is designed to close the game client. The main programs giving me trouble are Chrome, Discord, and Steam, but the incorrect programs would be different for each PC. If I can't restart I try just closing those three programs while I play and it would usually stops the RO client from closing.

#5 poringjr

poringjr

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 30 May 2022 - 07:06 PM

Opening up task manager and leaving it open and than start up the game work for me. If task manager is not open the game will close after a few minute.  Tell me if this work for anyone.

#6 Ilindith

Ilindith

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1451 posts

Posted 31 May 2022 - 12:37 PM

You'd think having a tool that is required to run the game but prevents a large amount of players to be able to play without crashing would be an issue.

But seems like it's all fine, considering how long it's been happening.

1lfHjMT.jpg

#7 DDQuidam

DDQuidam

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 31 May 2022 - 05:26 PM

No official word on this as far as I know, but generally if I see this happening I restart my PC to fix it. Once my Windows 10 is back up the client stays open. The likely culprit is EAC incorrectly flagging other programs as hacks since when it sees banned programs it is designed to close the game client. The main programs giving me trouble are Chrome, Discord, and Steam, but the incorrect programs would be different for each PC. If I can't restart I try just closing those three programs while I play and it would usually stops the RO client from closing.

Any word on when EAC will work with Windows 11? Can't even start the game without it BSoDing my pc... Only happens using RO's EAC as Elden Ring plays perfectly.

#8 VModIceCreamCake

VModIceCreamCake

Amateur Blogger

• WarpPortal VM
  • 319 posts
  • LocationWest Coast, USA

Posted 31 May 2022 - 08:36 PM

Any word on when EAC will work with Windows 11? Can't even start the game without it BSoDing my pc... Only happens using RO's EAC as Elden Ring plays perfectly.

Yikes that sounds rough, but EAC can work now in Windows 11. On my laptop I have Windows 11 and I'm able to play RO and vend on that computer just fine. Also I may just be lucky but I've yet to see a BSoD since I started using Windows 11.

I realize that doesn't exactly help and I wish I had more details to help RO work better but the client still closes on me randomly and fairly often unless I restart the computer and then only open game client. My guess is when switching between processes running on the computer any delay switching back to focusing on RO causes EAC to close the game client. But that could be totally wrong but it does seem to correlate to that.

#9 CMMayari

CMMayari

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1238 posts
  • Twitter:@CMMayari

Posted 01 June 2022 - 11:01 AM

Hello! We have submitted about the crashes with EAC last week and will be following up with their information request today. We've been checking back for their replies daily to see if there's anything we can do.

Thanks!

#10 DDQuidam

DDQuidam

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 01 June 2022 - 02:34 PM

Hello! We have submitted about the crashes with EAC last week and will be following up with their information request today. We've been checking back for their replies daily to see if there's anything we can do.

Thanks!

I reformatted my pc and still got the same problem, after BSoDing and trying to start RO again, an alert window appears saying "Ragnarok.exe is changed. Press ok to restart" and after pressing ok a cmd window appears in the background and the first window pops another smaller window saying "Panic!". After doing that i get BSoD again and the same happens, for some reason after starting the game EAC corrupts itself and the next time the game can't even detect it, "fixes it", then loops over and over.

My specs:
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X
GPU: Asus Turbo RTX 3070
SSD: XPG  GAMMIX  S41

RAM: Adata Spectrix D50 32gb (16gbx2)

The game used to work in the same pc using Windows 10 so the only thing i can think of is the problem would be Windows 11.

Edited by Minabe, 01 June 2022 - 02:38 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (2)