How and where to level DB RK effectively/efficiently? - Swordsman Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

How and where to level DB RK effectively/efficiently?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Apiong

Apiong

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 02 June 2022 - 04:44 AM

I have a 103/27 DB RK with the following stats: 

90 Str

90 Vit

35 Int

57 Dex

I have the following items: 

+9 TGK EA6

+8 Fafnir Scale

+9 Temp boots dex EA4 RM

+9 Temp boots dex EA4 SOL

+9 Stamina Red Baby Dragon

CVB

+9 Faw EA19

+9 HBP

+10 EDA

+9 Reload Shadow set

+0 Shadow set (im using this instead of reload for the stats) 

S. Coronet

Toy syringe

Temp Ring

ROJ

PDM

I tried leveling on Gramps TI but the sustain from CVB is not enough, and I need to waste a lot of potions.

How and where to level DB RK effectively/efficiently?

Should I focus on dex? 

#2 Apiong

Apiong

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 27 July 2022 - 06:10 AM

Hey guys question. 

My RK is currently blvl 127 right now. 

My stats are 

54 str

90 vit

120 int 

44 dex

Should I reset stat and go for 120 dex instead of int? This is for leveling purposes. 

Thanks. 

#3 Battle94

Battle94

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 27 July 2022 - 10:38 AM

Guy, if you are DB Rk and you dont have any costume that decrease fixed cast time, you need reset ur rk and put 120 on dex and use temporal dex, you will see the diference.
Another tip, it is better you dont use the sera coronet, it is increasing your variable cast time. Try to get a mob scarf, is too cheap now, just to get %hp.

You have great equipments, you will see how your griding will be better without fixed cast.

#4 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3524 posts

Posted 27 July 2022 - 06:49 PM

leveling at juperos is the best son. 120 dex then temp dex boots ea4 sol is the best. dwing better. take off baby dragon hat and change it to splash hat. more skill delay gears and instacast better spam dragon breath just sayin. and y`all not forget the incubus pet he's the beast.

#5 Apiong

Apiong

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 28 July 2022 - 05:52 AM

Guy, if you are DB Rk and you dont have any costume that decrease fixed cast time, you need reset ur rk and put 120 on dex and use temporal dex, you will see the diference.
Another tip, it is better you dont use the sera coronet, it is increasing your variable cast time. Try to get a mob scarf, is too cheap now, just to get %hp.

You have great equipments, you will see how your griding will be better without fixed cast.

leveling at juperos is the best son. 120 dex then temp dex boots ea4 sol is the best. dwing better. take off baby dragon hat and change it to splash hat. more skill delay gears and instacast better spam dragon breath just sayin. and y`all not forget the incubus pet he's the beast.

Hello. Thanks for the replies. 

Why is 120 dex better than 120 int while still leveling up? Is the increase damage of DB through the SP neglible? 

I’ll try to get the mob scarf or dwing, and splash cat hat. But right now i’m using the following equips: 

CVB/+8 Stamina Red Baby Dragon 

S. Coronet = will replace this with mob scarf set or dwing or new wave sunglasses 

Toy Syringe 

+8 Fafnir

+9 2 Huntry Fly TGL EA6

+9 Temporal Boots Dex RM EA4 = for the +40 int since i don’t have 529 dex int to make use of cast delay reduction efficiently

Temporal Ring

+12 Devi Etran’s Undershirt / +9 Immune HBP 

Perverse Demon Mask 

+0 Shadow set for stats. 

With 120 int, HP increase pots, vip food buffs, Red baby dragon, i can 1db the scaraba mobs in the dungeon. Although admittedly the cast time is slow. 

How would the 120dex build be better? 

Where can I level up? 

Also does the splash cat hat provide 20% cast time reduction to all characters? 

Thanks! 

#6 condySpectrum

condySpectrum

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts
  • LocationSolar System
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Thor

Posted 29 July 2022 - 03:41 AM

" Why is 120 dex better than 120 int while still leveling up? "

because your temp dex boots has this effect

~If the users base Dex is 120 or higher,

Reduces the fixed casting time of skills by 0.5 seconds.
Increases long-ranged damage on targets by 5%~.

And in case you didn't know, DB has a 0.5 secs FCT (Fixed Cast Time) on top of the 2 secs VCT (Variable Cast Time) at level 10. It is also considered as a range atk and affected by range dmg modifiers so a Menblatt card is recommended for better dmg.

Best way to level up is by killing mobs of monsters in the most time efficient way possible along with doing bounties while using BMX3.

Damage isn't all there is to DB, there's also DPS (Damage dealt Per Second). Or in this case, your ability to continuously spam DBs as quickly as possible. 

Unless you're killing mobs in single DB shot, your best course of action would be to increase DPS.

Yet even if you do 1 shot most mobs, if you can't quickly cast another one for those that you didn't hit or are newly spawning/aggroing, then you're not really killing mobs fast enough.

With the right gears, an RK can cast multiple DBs per second. 

As mentioned above, DB has a considerable VCT and FCT that you'd want to reduce/eliminate if you want to achieve high DPS.

There's also another issue with ACD (After Cast Delay). DB has a 2 second ACD which can further drag your DPS down. To deal with this, you need to rely on gears that reduce ACD. Looking at your gears, you already have most of what you need to take care of this: +9 Reload Set, +9 Tae Goo Lyeon, +8 Fafnir Scale, Temp dex SoL + Temp Ring combo.

Edited by condySpectrum, 29 July 2022 - 03:42 AM.

#7 vividort

vividort

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1222 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Hiatus x Hiatus

Posted 29 July 2022 - 11:23 AM

you could get imperial set boots for the fct reduction as well but 120 dex with temporal way better imo for dragon breath RK at least

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users