Q+A Announcement! - Page 3 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Q+A Announcement!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
80 replies to this topic

#51 ArmCannon

ArmCannon

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 June 2022 - 03:02 PM

please show more love to Madogear Mechanic. please bring new Madosuit and fix the Backslide/ Front Slide from Madogear

#52 Jerbear

Jerbear

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 329 posts
  • LocationOutside Parts Unknown
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 08 June 2022 - 04:17 PM

Will iRO ever get a Card Exchange Event to bring some in-game value to OCAs/MCAs and lower-end MVP Cards that people don't really want? This event is now defunct on kRO (it ran for a long time - introduced in 2012 as a seasonal event, ended in early 2021), however, things like Corridor of Phantoms have become a seasonal event on iRO and as far as I know, Corridor of Phantoms only ever ran one time on kRO, too.

I believe it would be quite popular with iRO players and bring some stable in-game value back to a market that is dominated by OCP/Kachua items.

card_img_1.jpg

card_img_2.jpg

card_img_3_20130220.jpg

How it Works:

Spoiler

Source : https://www.inven.co...ard/ro/5124/407

English translation source : https://hazyforest.c...s:card_exchange

#53 havocstopper

havocstopper

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 346 posts
  • LocationNew England, USA
  • Server:Between Worlds

Posted 08 June 2022 - 05:01 PM

As many have echoed...

1: Can we get a roadmap for the foreseeable future of IRO?

2: What are the chances of getting a 2nd server, renewal or classic, with an aesthetic only cash shop?

3: If IRO is supposed to be "International", why can't more countries be included?

4: When will the website itself get updated? It still advertises that we have a classic server...

Thank you for your time and consideration.

#54 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 08 June 2022 - 06:44 PM

Classic (pre-renewal) pay to play server, when?

How does a classic server even survive? Just play the same thing with permanently no new content? lol

#55 tlc9711LOgo

tlc9711LOgo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 153 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 09 June 2022 - 02:59 AM

This will trigger some ppl here but for developer it will be their true aim or next evolution of this industry (well i mean update green aura mvp = more ppl buying cash shop item)....

When do you going to implement NFTs.... (since most mmorpg going that way or we call it Play to Earn)

*kek

Edited by tlc9711LOgo, 09 June 2022 - 06:06 PM.

#56 AaronP2W

AaronP2W

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 912 posts
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 09 June 2022 - 04:41 AM

How does a classic server even survive? Just play the same thing with permanently no new content? lol

https://irowiki.org/.../Update_History

#57 WhaT101

WhaT101

I am New.

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 June 2022 - 04:58 AM

1) Can you show iRO roadmap? Ep17.2/Edda Biolab/Infinity Space

2) When will update JRO enchant for OCP item to iRO? Now,TRO update enable enchant some JRO Lower headgear but iRO can't update. We have many items that can combo with JRO enchant. Why?

3) About Kachua, Why you are not bring old Kachua item back to Kachua example Almighty Earring/Pendant, Temporal Mantuea/Armor, Cursed Knight Shield, Class Shadow Enchant Box and Free item when open kachua like HE Bubblegump, Shiny Physical DEF Scroll. You should bring it back to kachua with new shadow and more items.

#58 havocstopper

havocstopper

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 346 posts
  • LocationNew England, USA
  • Server:Between Worlds

Posted 09 June 2022 - 05:40 AM

I bet this made a lot of us instantly feel ancient  :Emo_22:

#59 CaptainSunbear

CaptainSunbear

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 09 June 2022 - 06:22 AM

Hello,
I stream iRO on Twitch at https://twitch.tv/captainsunbear and many people come to this channel for information on Ragnarok Online as well for help with iRO.

Many people come to also complain about the service and I ask them about what can be done to improve things. I feel this is a unique position where I can get complaints from new and returning players who enjoy Ragnarok Online and it is an opportunity for everyone present.

Here are the problems that have been brought to me.
1. People cannot play the game because Easy Anti-Cheat kicks them out for no reason.
I have experienced this as well on live stream and people actually have come back months later to ask if EAC has been fixed. This causes a loss of potential returning customers.

Question: Can we address the problem with EAC and make adjustments to at enable people to enjoy the game without being kicked out by EAC?

2. The renewal.playragnarok.com website. People complain they are mislead due to the “Play Classically Now” banner still up. They also have a difficult time finding the download client link in the middle of everything. This can be improved by providing a new website the same way it was done for Ragnarok Transcendence, which brought up the question: “If you can do this for a new server why not do it for the server that has been around for a long time and continues to bring in new players?”

Question:Can we get a modern website for iRO that will attract people and make it easier for them to navigate and download the game?

3. Advertisement. After the 2 months major maintenance of 2020 we saw a massive drop in playerbase from approximately 1600 down to 900 or so players. This 2 month major maintenance caused problems in terms of PR for iRO. Many sources had been saying that iRO had closed and people coming back in 2022 asked me if iRO had closed down because they heard it closed down permanently which is not the case and this continues to happen even to this day. There should be a better approach to advertising and one way can be done through streaming and advertisements of such. Any kind of program with a verification/approval process would aid with this particular issue. The majority of servers on twitch are twRO, kRO, bRO and the new Gravity Game Hub servers.l and hardly any are iRO.

Question: Are there any considerations for streaming partnerships in the future to aid with advertising?

4. The most common thing people have asked for to actually give iRO a chance is for a new server to be released that follows kRO in terms of updates and content. This meaning people see twRO, vnRO, GGH server getting a massive amount of updates and given iRO’s past history many people are more willing to jump into an updated server than the current server we have. I know this is mostly anecdotes but the bottom line is people like kRO and want kRO content so this could be a way to attract more players.

Question: Is there a possibility of a server that can keep up with the content updates the same way these other servers do?

I do want to mention these issues in particular as I have been told several times these things keep players away or keeps them unaware that iRO is still running as a server. Thank you for your time and consideration

#60 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4116 posts

Posted 09 June 2022 - 07:34 AM

1. Regarding fansites that is listed here (http://renewal.playr...y/fansites.aspx), is there any plan to collaborate/acknowledge/(insert any form of relationship here) with them? Fansites are a big part of RO (and any other games, like it or not) so if the studio does have any plan for it, maybe they can explain the detail, if one does exists.

2. The playragnarok twitter (https://twitter.com/playragnarok) does a good job in showcasing fan art, can the same be done with streamers for example? Highlighting a few of those streamers will be sure to expand visibility for this game.

#61 Kuurus

Kuurus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 648 posts

Posted 09 June 2022 - 07:39 AM

not for sure where to ask this so i will post this in 2 locations. mods feel free to remove one if needed.

Are we going to get a stat reset for Soul Linkers and TKM Class when update is implemented?

(yes i know you can reset skills for 99 and below for free)

#62 ImortalisI

ImortalisI

I am New.

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 June 2022 - 11:02 AM

I want that they make big cards images in all cards drops, like a way that its legal, and the game gives you this feature in cash shop. I would gladly pay 10usd for big card image on all card drops.  

Because I don't want to get banned, i removed that software, didn't know it was illegal.

I want that the game be easier, its kind of tough making millions of Zeny, when stuff is in the 100's of millions and even billions of Zeny.  

The game has no tutorial or way that you make money simply, Except selling Premium Vip or farming other items.  

To me it's been a long time since the 4th class and I believe when the 4th class come out we all need to reset our stats.

Private servers need to be shutdown, I believe to do this is to create a dedicated team, that searches all private servers sites and localizations.

Some private server I played had a mix of all the servers in one, and Episode 18.1 with Korean and Japanese iro items.

In totality, it's a shame that we have to wait so long for new content in global iro.

I don't know why we don't have content sooner, at least 2 or max 3 months behind Korean or Japanese servers.

In conclusion, please make Ragnarök great again.  I want a great game experience, and we all deserve one.

P.S. I forgot to mention VIP : Vip need buffing and I believe if we buy VIP we should get the buffs for the whole duration of the 10days instantaneously, and give great rewards in game too.

Make a reward system that gives you stuff for being online, like hourly stuff, and kick all the bots too.

Edited by ImortalisI, 09 June 2022 - 11:51 AM.

#63 ImortalisI

ImortalisI

I am New.

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 June 2022 - 11:03 AM

This server needs lots of tune ups, It would be great if we get 4th jobs soon.

Edited by ImortalisI, 09 June 2022 - 11:05 AM.

#64 Ralen

Ralen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 09 June 2022 - 07:47 PM

Sorry this is a bit late but had some questions.

• Lately we see large changes to OCP items that completely change the purpose of the item. What goes into the reasoning behind these changes and what can we expect balance wise for new items coming in OCP? 
  • Is there more that either us players or the US based team can do to help with bug reports for complex issues that the studio need to address? Some of these issues can stay pending for years and they break important leveling or PVP builds for some classes.
  • The cash shop for IRO is very poorly maintained and the majority of items for sale or rent are year out of date and when they were added they were barely worth using. Can we see some support to get the items replaced with more relevant items for rentals and consumables?
  • It is hard to recommend people look into joining us playing when basic marketing materials like the website are talking about closed servers. Can more support be given or budget allocated for further staff to help for community management and marketing?
  • One of the largest issues recently is that the client is incredibly unstable and EAC issues can cause disconnections as many as 30+ times per hour. Can these settings be further tested and reimplemented so as to allow a more stable gameplay sessions?
  • An additional thought on the cash shop is more recently we have very poor rates for the items which people want. Could more leeway be given to the IRO production team to set rates and choose which system (OCP, Ygg Ascension, or Kachua Key) they feel is best suited to introduce new items? 
  • With the recent, and IMO long overdue closure of private servers, is there any consideration for catering to those players by supporting the creation of new servers for those who are looking for either somewhat higher rate renewal servers or pre-renewal/classic servers? - Personally I wouldn't leave my home on Chaos but it seems there are a lot of potential customers who currently can't get what they're looking for on an official server
  • Lastly IRO is at it's best when players from the entire world are able to join and play together. Could there be some further consideration on removal of the regional blocks? 

Edited by Ralen, 09 June 2022 - 07:54 PM.

#65 zeywei

zeywei

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 237 posts

Posted 10 June 2022 - 04:07 AM

How long we has to wait , for WP to eventually make an official woe status chart 

& make an official item vending site ? or  server status pages ?

Fiolina and Rachel they're just common players but they take care everything WP has been missing.

When i start iRO in 2015 everything are much more convenience than today. 

They're a part of iRO success until WP removed their hard works and dedications from existence.

GoPuYQn.png

fsKA6px.png

#66 zeywei

zeywei

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 237 posts

Posted 10 June 2022 - 04:11 AM

I dont know how much does it cost to make those sites, but this is 2022. 

Why WP can't offer even one for us ??

#67 SweetKarly

SweetKarly

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • Location~

Posted 10 June 2022 - 11:20 AM

Please do this!

Will iRO ever get a Card Exchange Event to bring some in-game value to OCAs/MCAs and lower-end MVP Cards that people don't really want? This event is now defunct on kRO (it ran for a long time - introduced in 2012 as a seasonal event, ended in early 2021), however, things like Corridor of Phantoms have become a seasonal event on iRO and as far as I know, Corridor of Phantoms only ever ran one time on kRO, too.

I believe it would be quite popular with iRO players and bring some stable in-game value back to a market that is dominated by OCP/Kachua items.

card_img_1.jpg

card_img_2.jpg

card_img_3_20130220.jpg

How it Works:

Spoiler

Source : https://www.inven.co...ard/ro/5124/407

English translation source : https://hazyforest.c...s:card_exchange

Hi and thanks for all the hard work on this latest update I have some questions and request

1) Is it possible to set WoE 2 to its previous schedule(on Saturday 4p.m.-6p.m. pst)? This is very important for most of us who play WoE.

2) Update Cards that u can get from Old Card Album

3) When we are going to get new instances? 
4) Please update Boxter until latest OCP Boxes

5) is it possible to Implement Events that make WoE more attractive and improve the rewards from castles for WoE TE, WoE 1-2?

6) Is it possible to bring back Pirate or any coin event to get unfreezing shadow set?

7) Please fix the stylist npc to get special hairstyle (i know u can get your hairstyle sending ticket).

Best Regards. 

Edited by SweetKarly, 10 June 2022 - 11:27 AM.

#68 chiefkikahoe

chiefkikahoe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 10 June 2022 - 11:27 AM

Hi and thanks for all the hard work on this latest update I have some questions and request

1) Is it possible to set WoE 2 to its previous schedule(on Saturday 4p.m.-6p.m. pst)? This is very important for most of us who play WoE.
2) Update Cards that u can get from Old Card Album
3) When we are going to get new instances?
4) Please update Boxter until latest OCP Boxes

5) is it possible to Implement Events that make WoE more attractive and improve the rewards from castles for WoE TE, WoE 1-2?
6) Is it possible to bring back Pirate or any coin event to get unfreezing shadow set?
7) Please fix the stylist npc to get special hairstyle (i know u can get your hairstyle sending ticket).

Best Regards.

+1

#69 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 10 June 2022 - 06:36 PM

How long we has to wait , for WP to eventually make an official woe status chart 

& make an official item vending site ? or  server status pages ?

Fiolina and Rachel they're just common players but they take care everything WP has been missing.

When i start iRO in 2015 everything are much more convenience than today. 

They're a part of iRO success until WP removed their hard works and dedications from existence.

GoPuYQn.png

fsKA6px.png

Ha Choobs, I used to take screenshots from them and used in my WoE vids to emphasize how and when some guilds got rekt and lost the castle(s) lol. Good times. Thank you to people who ran Choobs. Was very convenient. 

#70 Masamok

Masamok

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 10 June 2022 - 10:37 PM

What are the reasons why Madogear Mechanic can't have their former job skills?
On the other Official servers, they can use former job skills and "LAVA FLOW"
Can we have that on our server too? Madogear Axe Build is needing Love.

#71 Tajixxx

Tajixxx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 11 June 2022 - 05:54 AM

Can we please update iRO as much as kRO, we are living like 10 years in the past in updates. Raise the damage cap, and release those updates please. 

#72 Keisar

Keisar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 11 June 2022 - 10:29 AM

To support 4K resolution, will the client be updated to DirectX 9 or higher?

If not, can we please include dgvoodoo2 with the installer, or green light it across all servers.

Or is it because the client is being rewritten in OpenGL/Vulkan?

Also, can you also green light protondb for Linux support?

#73 Daryunrsmith

Daryunrsmith

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 11 June 2022 - 03:54 PM

Would you be so kind to forward these questions toward the dev.

What are to be included in the next update and when.

Could we get some timeline for the plan.

At current moment we really have nothing to look forward to:(

#74 proxy16

proxy16

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 15 June 2022 - 04:01 AM

HUGEL RACING CAP WHEN???

#75 T1tanG3l

T1tanG3l

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 15 June 2022 - 05:26 AM

Are we getting the new green aura mvp drops and rewards and also the exchange npc for it? To make it more interesting

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users