10 replies to this topic

#1 redrum1987

redrum1987

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 28 June 2022 - 10:18 AM

Hi,

Returning from 6 years and wanting to know what are the best gears for CC build to solo Faceworm Nest Instance (exclude the MVP boss) and PVM leveling. I am currently level 147.

Current gears:

Head(upper): +9 Vanargand Helm

Head(lower): Fish in Mouth

Weapon: +9 Triple Kingbird Twin Edge

Armor: Orlean Gown

Shield: Valk shield with big foot card

Garment: +9 Deviant FAW (SP18)

Shoes: +9 Temporal Dex boots (EA4)

Accessory: Chambered RWC (SP6) x 2

My gears are VERY outdated but can anyone suggest what gears I will need to improve my CC damage for Faceworm Nest?

I already tried the first phase and I have no issue tanking using Pain Killer from my Homu. The issue is the kill rage of the mobs. Also an idea of each gear price would be nice.

Edited by redrum1987, 28 June 2022 - 10:19 AM.

#2 HolyxD

HolyxD

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 393 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 28 June 2022 - 11:41 AM

Hi,

Returning from 6 years and wanting to know what are the best gears for CC build to solo Faceworm Nest Instance (exclude the MVP boss) and PVM leveling. I am currently level 147.

Current gears:

Head(upper): +9 Vanargand Helm

Head(lower): Fish in Mouth

Weapon: +9 Triple Kingbird Twin Edge

Armor: Orlean Gown

Shield: Valk shield with big foot card

Garment: +9 Deviant FAW (SP18)

Shoes: +9 Temporal Dex boots (EA4)

Accessory: Chambered RWC (SP6) x 2

My gears are VERY outdated but can anyone suggest what gears I will need to improve my CC damage for Faceworm Nest?

I already tried the first phase and I have no issue tanking using Pain Killer from my Homu. The issue is the kill rage of the mobs. Also an idea of each gear price would be nice.

Theres no much variety on the items for a CC gene

Headgear: Cylinder headband (80-100m makes your CC instant), Old Midas Whisper (80-150m buying the items needed for craft that, need lv 170 to be able to equip) or Faceworm Egg Shell (50-200m) that's exclusive for faceworm nest if you wanna do that instance.

Middle: Seraph Coronet (400-900m depends on how greedy is the guy selling that)

Lower: Vassalage Necklace (300-450m),  Mob Scarf set (100-150m good cheap option)

Armor: Illusion Armor Type A(100-250m good cheap option and mods can be attached to it boosting attack or long range damage), Samael Dress (900-1b) Good for faceworm instance, Evil Dragon Armor (30-100m) for sustain.

Weapon: Saphir Hall-OS (50-900m the best weapon for CC gene, the price varies depending on the enchants it has)

Garment: Fallen Angel Wing (350-450m best with long range enchants) Erymanthian Skin(1-1.5b i seen many genes using that tho only if you can affor that, if dont go for the cheapest option.)

Shield: Excellion Shield (300m-500m), Bloody Knight Shield (50m-250m) or Valky Shield (1-10m)

Boots: Cylinder Boots (450-700m) A core item for CC gene, it's a must have  :ani_slur:  or Temporal Boots

Accessorioes: 2X Chemical Gloves(400m-500m), 2X Paracelsus Gloves (600-900m), 2X Blacksmith's Glove (100-200m) good cheap option, 2X Illusion Booster L and R (50-250m or can be crafted) attach a expert archer mod on them, Dex, Int or Sustain mods like drain life or drain soul, 2X Temporal Ring (250m 350m) only if you cant affor the Cylinder Boots and want to combo with Temporal Boots.

Card: Engkanto Card (50-100m headgear card) best for Faceworm instance

Edited by HolyxD, 28 June 2022 - 12:27 PM.

#3 redrum1987

redrum1987

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 28 June 2022 - 02:23 PM

Headgear: Cylinder headband (80-100m makes your CC instant), Old Midas Whisper (80-150m buying the items needed for craft that, need lv 170 to be able to equip) or Faceworm Egg Shell (50-200m) that's exclusive for faceworm nest if you wanna do that instance.

Lower: Vassalage Necklace (300-450m),  Mob Scarf set (100-150m good cheap option)

Armor: Illusion Armor Type A(100-250m good cheap option and mods can be attached to it boosting attack or long range damage), Samael Dress (900-1b) Good for faceworm instance, Evil Dragon Armor (30-100m) for sustain.

Weapon: Saphir Hall-OS (50-900m the best weapon for CC gene, the price varies depending on the enchants it has)

Garment: Fallen Angel Wing (350-450m best with long range enchants) Erymanthian Skin(1-1.5b i seen many genes using that tho only if you can affor that, if dont go for the cheapest option.)

Shield: Excellion Shield (300m-500m), Bloody Knight Shield (50m-250m) or Valky Shield (1-10m)

Boots: Cylinder Boots (450-700m) A core item for CC gene, it's a must have  :ani_slur:  or Temporal Boots

Accessorioes: 2X Chemical Gloves(400m-500m), 2X Paracelsus Gloves (600-900m), 2X Blacksmith's Glove (100-200m) good cheap option, 2X Illusion Booster L and R (50-250m or can be crafted) attach a expert archer mod on them, Dex, Int or Sustain mods like drain life or drain soul, 2X Temporal Ring (250m 350m) only if you cant affor the Cylinder Boots and want to combo with Temporal Boots.

Hi HolyxD! Reliable as always. As you can see, my WL is good enough to farm instances so I am shifting to my Gen now lol.

I just got a +11 Saphir Hall-OS through the Quest (3 tries!) and got enchants (Shadow +25% and Long-range +13%). Is this good enough? I got lucky with the refinement but the enchant took 50M....

Any suggestions on cards to put into the weapon? White Knight?

Also just bought a +9 Cylinder headband with Engkato for 89M. Seems like a good deal.

I already have a FAW so just have to enchant it to EA

I am a bit tight on budget at the moment but what should I prioritize? 

1) Cylinder Boots

2) Excellion Shield (I guess I could use this for my WL as well. Current just using Valk Shield for reduc)

3) Accessory options?

I assume the Cylinder Boots are good for the 100% def bypass (and the CC bonus of course) but if I use 2 Blacksmith gloves, would that do the same (stackable?)

I think I will most likely use the Illusion Armor Type A as a budget option.

Lastly, any suggestions for level? I am currently level 147

Edited by redrum1987, 28 June 2022 - 02:40 PM.

#4 HolyxD

HolyxD

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 393 posts

Posted 28 June 2022 - 03:00 PM

Hi HolyxD! Reliable as always. As you can see, my WL is good enough to farm instances so I am shifting to my Gen now lol.

I just got a +11 Saphir Hall-OS through the Quest (3 tries!) and got enchants (Shadow +25% and Long-range +13%). Is this good enough? I got lucky with the refinement but the enchant took 50M....

Any suggestions on cards to put into the weapon? White Knight?

Also just bought a +9 Cylinder headband with Engkato for 89M. Seems like a good deal.

I already have a FAW so just have to enchant it to EA

I am a bit tight on budget at the moment but what should I prioritize? 

1) Cylinder Boots

2) Excellion Shield (I guess I could use this for my WL as well. Current just using Valk Shield for reduc)

3) Accessory options?

I assume the Cylinder Boots are good for the 100% def bypass (and the CC bonus of course) but if I use 2 Blacksmith gloves, would that do the same (stackable?)

I think I will most likely use the Illusion Armor Type A as a budget option.

Lastly, any suggestions for level? I am currently level 147

2X White Knight or 2X Polluted Wander Man sounds like good options, all depending on what you can affor.

For the weapon enchants the best are ATK% and Long range together but those are hard to get so stick with the ones you got that in my opinion are pretty good.

Prioritize the Cylinder boots and second accessories, leave the shield for last.

For the accessories use two chemical gloves or two paracelsus gloves, those accessories are pretty good for CC and at last the Excelion Shield for more damage.

A good leveling spot for your current level is Dragon Nest since that place is been the spotlight for weeks and thanks to that is really fast to level in there.

The bounty board for Dragon Nest is located in Lasagna and to get there speak to the npc in the docks of Izlude.

All the monsters there are weak to fire so a fire elemental converter will be handy.

Edited by HolyxD, 28 June 2022 - 03:04 PM.

#5 redrum1987

redrum1987

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 28 June 2022 - 06:54 PM

2X White Knight or 2X Polluted Wander Man sounds like good options, all depending on what you can affor.

For the weapon enchants the best are ATK% and Long range together but those are hard to get so stick with the ones you got that in my opinion are pretty good.

Prioritize the Cylinder boots and second accessories, leave the shield for last.

For the accessories use two chemical gloves or two paracelsus gloves, those accessories are pretty good for CC and at last the Excelion Shield for more damage.

A good leveling spot for your current level is Dragon Nest since that place is been the spotlight for weeks and thanks to that is really fast to level in there.

The bounty board for Dragon Nest is located in Lasagna and to get there speak to the npc in the docks of Izlude.

All the monsters there are weak to fire so a fire elemental converter will be handy.

Any other suggestions for leveling? Dragon Nest does not seem to have too many mobs in the map. I am hoping to use BMX3 and mob where else at Dragon Nest I am killing 1 - 3 mobs at a time.

Do I go Nightmare CT once I hit level 150?

#6 HolyxD

HolyxD

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 393 posts

Posted 28 June 2022 - 07:39 PM

Any other suggestions for leveling? Dragon Nest does not seem to have too many mobs in the map. I am hoping to use BMX3 and mob where else at Dragon Nest I am killing 1 - 3 mobs at a time.

Do I go Nightmare CT once I hit level 150?

Yeah NCT at lv 150+ also you could try doing bio 4 or find a party. 

Theres people always running bio 4 in Lighthalzen, you should go there.

You can also try the bounty board located in Manuk of kill scarab tunnels monsters, the Mora bounties or Eclage.

#7 redrum1987

redrum1987

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 29 June 2022 - 02:32 PM

Yeah NCT at lv 150+ also you could try doing bio 4 or find a party. 

Theres people always running bio 4 in Lighthalzen, you should go there.

You can also try the bounty board located in Manuk of kill scarab tunnels monsters, the Mora bounties or Eclage.

Got it! I just got to level 150 from Dragon's Nest. Slow but bearable.

I currently have:

Headgear: +9 Cylinder headband 

Armor: +4Illusion Armor Type A (no enchant yet since I just crafted it)

Weapon: +11Saphir Hall-OS [25% Shadow and 13% long-range]

Garment: +9Fallen Angel Wing [EA9] (too lazy to get to EA10 lol)

Boots: +9Cylinder Boots 

Accessories: Chambered RWC set (for now.....)

I tried solo-ing Big Bell and I am currently doing between 130K to 140K damage per CC so I need 2 CC to kill. (still pretty fast and I LOVE the respawn rate on this map) Big Bell has 167K HP I think. Any thoughts on how I can one-shot Big Bell? I am like 20K to 30K off.

Would one Chemical Glove be enough? Maybe a White Knight Card? Haha now you know my current budget.

Thanks in advance again for the advice HolyxD

Oh just some question on the Cylinder Boots. So I need both Special Pharmacy and Pharmacy at level 10 for the ignore 100% def but what about the buff from level of Fire Expansion? What is wATK? Am I missing anything else to fully utilize the Cylinder Boots for my CC damage?

Edited by redrum1987, 29 June 2022 - 02:42 PM.

#8 HolyxD

HolyxD

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 393 posts

Posted 29 June 2022 - 04:27 PM

Got it! I just got to level 150 from Dragon's Nest. Slow but bearable.

I currently have:

Headgear: +9 Cylinder headband 

Armor: +4Illusion Armor Type A (no enchant yet since I just crafted it)

Weapon: +11Saphir Hall-OS [25% Shadow and 13% long-range]

Garment: +9Fallen Angel Wing [EA9] (too lazy to get to EA10 lol)

Boots: +9Cylinder Boots 

Accessories: Chambered RWC set (for now.....)

I tried solo-ing Big Bell and I am currently doing between 130K to 140K damage per CC so I need 2 CC to kill. (still pretty fast and I LOVE the respawn rate on this map) Big Bell has 167K HP I think. Any thoughts on how I can one-shot Big Bell? I am like 20K to 30K off.

Would one Chemical Glove be enough? Maybe a White Knight Card? Haha now you know my current budget.

Thanks in advance again for the advice HolyxD

Oh just some question on the Cylinder Boots. So I need both Special Pharmacy and Pharmacy at level 10 for the ignore 100% def but what about the buff from level of Fire Expansion? What is wATK? Am I missing anything else to fully utilize the Cylinder Boots for my CC damage?

wATK=weapon attack i think this is more like a typo idk but is attack in general so get it and yes one chemical glove is a big difference even the white knight card will help increase your damage by a lot.

Edited by HolyxD, 29 June 2022 - 04:28 PM.

#9 DrowsyCate

DrowsyCate

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 205 posts
  • LocationBrewing Jail
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 29 June 2022 - 05:36 PM

wATK=weapon attack i think this is more like a typo idk but is attack in general so get it and yes one chemical glove is a big difference even the white knight card will help increase your damage by a lot.

The JP text indicates that it's a damage mod for all class (bosses, normal, guardians) and should behave differently from ATK%

Hopefully it is a translation error and was implemented correctly since that is more useful

#10 HolyxD

HolyxD

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 393 posts

Posted 30 June 2022 - 12:17 AM

The JP text indicates that it's a damage mod for all class (bosses, normal, guardians) and should behave differently from ATK%

Hopefully it is a translation error and was implemented correctly since that is more useful

I see, thanks for the info now i understand what that means. :no1:

#11 redrum1987

redrum1987

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 18 July 2022 - 09:57 AM

So I basically got everything you mentioned except for the Vassalage Necklace. I can currently solo-ing AOGH and Faceworm Nest.

I am just wondering if I should replace my FAW with the Scientist Mantle (more survivability with the HP buff)? Oh and any suggestions on what card to use? I main do AOGH and Faceworm Nest but I might need to consider leveling at Illusion Turtle and Nogg Road eventually.

Also, the reason I havent gotten the Vassalage Necklace is because I dont have LUK. Should I reset my stats? My current stats

STR: 98

AGI: 1

VIT:  80

DEX: 120

INT: 120 

LUK: 1

If reset, what should I do? I am currently level 170.

Edited by redrum1987, 19 July 2022 - 01:12 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users