Hating myself for having faith in WarpPortal - Requiem Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Hating myself for having faith in WarpPortal

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 BETTERREPLYMOD

BETTERREPLYMOD

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 June 2022 - 04:15 AM

I'm calling it, Requiem is dead.

requiescat in pace OLD FRIEND

MAY WE REMEMBER YOUR MORI BY IT'S MOMENTO

#2 Cutlat

Cutlat

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 29 June 2022 - 07:17 AM

i can't understand, why no one just tell us to wait of they need more time or dont wait and each one go his own way.  can someone explain me this ? thx 

#3 xkaymanx

xkaymanx

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 June 2022 - 01:03 PM

You should try another games... You know, it's 2022. Unless they re-launch Requiem as a new version, enhanced (graphics), fixed, balanced and w/o p2w.

But, seriosly:

1*8xraf6eyaXh-myNXOXkqLA.jpeg

#4 Vosk

Vosk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2431 posts
  • LocationZ.O.G.-controlled Corporation of the USA
  • Server:Cash Shop killed game.

Posted 02 July 2022 - 05:35 PM

i can't understand, why no one just tell us to wait of they need more time or dont wait and each one go his own way.  can someone explain me this ? thx 

Because they don't have any good news to report, possibly no new news at all.  It would take them a single minute to come to forum, make a short post, explaining whatever bad news they have, and then setting a new date a few months down the road, but instead they ghosted you.  That's because either they don't have anything to say, don't have anything they want to say, don't have anything to say they think you'd want to hear, and for sure they don't care about leaving you twisting in the wind expecting the game to re-open when they said they'd re-open it.

How much do they care about the players?  Do they care enough to spend one minute to send one mod here to make one short post giving an update and an updated time table?  No, they do not.

#5 Tidus79001

Tidus79001

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 380 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 03 July 2022 - 06:35 AM

Even posting an update to say that there are delays is something. If the game has been permanently shelved you do owe it to the your consumers of your game to let them know that the game will not be returning.

At this point I suspect the reason we are not hearing from Gravity is that they had some issue with the redevelopment of the game and reassessing if they can actually now complete this project at all.  Also probably have already wiped the accounts on the servers so they can't even just switch thing back on so that would be a complete disaster as if if the just decided to keep things as they were.  It was fun while it lasted and I hope the game might return but at this point it isn't looking very likely.

Gravity, one thing that i would ask if you are indeed deciding to not go live with game again is to give the code, assets and tools to the community so that they game can live on as a fan maintained open source project.  At least throw us that bone if you are done with Requiem.

Edited by Tidus79001, 04 July 2022 - 06:15 AM.

#6 Vosk

Vosk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2431 posts
  • LocationZ.O.G.-controlled Corporation of the USA
  • Server:Cash Shop killed game.

Posted 03 July 2022 - 07:08 AM

You can even tell by the ramping up of Forge Reinforcing rates over the years that they were sorta milking players for cash shop items.

If you check the most recent thread on compensation for some server downtime,

https://forums.warpp...wntime-719-721/

you can see that among the compensation freely given out was

• Forge Bonuses
  • Reinforce Success Chance +70%
  • Compound Success Chance +60%
  • Enchant Success Chance +50%

That's a crazy-high amount of stuff to dole out for free, which means people weren't buying those cash shop items to bump odds up an extra 5 or 10% or whatever, because without such insane forge events running, even with cash shop forge items it was still difficult to get anything near +30 gear, but with such high bonuses already running for everyone, those items - with the extra cash shop insurance item - +30 maxxed out gear is within striking distance of everyone willing to get a fist full of cash shop odds increasing and insurance against breakage items.  This also increases the incentives for other players to plus up their gear at forge, otherwise they'll be a heap of bones at your feet.

Consider that in years past when the new +30 system was relatively new, such bonuses were not typically offered, then when such bonuses at forge were offered they were smaller. Now though they've offered bonuses that are totally aimed at taking players who weren't using enough cash shop items, incentivizing them to use such items.

As an individual player, you see these forge bonus events as a boost to you, which they are, but the upshot of offering such events to the company is that the whole playerbase's collective expenditure on cash shop items no doubt increases greatly during these forge-centered compensation events.

#7 silviopm

silviopm

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 80 posts
  • LocationSP-Brazil
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:Trifri

Posted 27 July 2022 - 09:38 AM

https://warpportal.c...dex.aspx?cp=1#2

pre registration

#8 DrLife

DrLife

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 27 July 2022 - 01:25 PM

:go: :ho: :thx: :angel:Excellent  news!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users