Bots/macro on Gramps map - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Bots/macro on Gramps map

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19 replies to this topic

#1 T1tanG3l

T1tanG3l

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 05 August 2022 - 03:38 AM

I read in the maintenance patch update thread regarding the issue and I do agree that GM should take action regarding this, WP is trying to lower zenny inflation by giving taxes and stuff but the problem relies mostly on autogreed bots on Gramps which can generate millions of zenny per hour per alt tab active, my suggestion to stop this is to disable Beelzebub wing and mistress wing on Gramps map, the bots uses this teleport wings due to its 0 weight and infinite no. Of usages it gives, if we disable this, they will be forced to use flywings which actually have weights and can only carry them for a few hundreds pcs, with the offensive skill+ greed + teleport bit command, they should only last 10-20 mins at max with 300-400 flywings, this won't effect active leveling players that wants to teleport in search for greater no. Of mobs because they can still use flywings or creamy card,Antonio suit combo, I'm guessing WP never check Gramps low-ti during last mavka/headless mule bounty and never saw 1 player with 7 afk auto greed and 4 auto greed bots teleporting around the map,

Let's say 2x attack +greed+ teleport uses around 4 secs per round, in 1 minute player will use 15 flywings, in 10 mins they will use 150 wings which is 750 weight, at which at low lvl such as low-ti is actually alot, for greed teleport they will consume more since they hardly stay for more than 1 sec, 60 teleports/1 minute (greed+wing) at which in 10 mins they will use 600 wings (3,000) in weight

Edit: oh and those atk auto greed characters were actually level 150-175......how do I know? Simple, right click + send mail and verify name, their level should show up

Edited by T1tanG3l, 05 August 2022 - 03:52 AM.

#2 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 05 August 2022 - 04:50 AM

theres not actually that much more zeny in the economy to justify the price increases we have seen happening over the past few months, as much as it is whales that will agree to pay absurd prices to minor stuff, which sets the price for wveryone else because why would you sell your stuff for less than they are paying.

The macro-ing ppl are more of a leveling nuisance than a real economic issue atm.

Edited by Ashuckel, 05 August 2022 - 04:51 AM.

#3 NTSB

NTSB

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 05 August 2022 - 07:01 AM

Not much but it is passive income and this week is Wakwak card.

We should help to report to eliminate these selfish players but no one cares anymore. I believe the purpose of this map is to help all players levelling faster and especially those players/new players who don't have decent gears. GM team should consider to send some GM to check these Gramps maps(low,mid,high) at least 2-3 times a day, else these maps you made are only for those greedy and KS players.

I don't know why WP penalize those players who exploit bug to gain zeny but ignore these macro players who are gaining passive zeny in Gramps maps. If it only makes greedy players richer, maybe it is time to consider to remove this Gramps daily quest as same as you removed Wave Mode instance.

Edited by NTSB, 05 August 2022 - 08:54 AM.

#4 therevengeofnico

therevengeofnico

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 249 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 05 August 2022 - 04:44 PM

There's not much money Macroing in gramps tbh. Even if it were last month were there Mavka's and all it still didnt justify macroing all day. Its not really worth the time. Also macroing while afk is illegal. You cannot automate play. But if the macro user is in front of his/her pc. You can report them a thousand times in a day it wont matter. If they're not afk then they can carry on.

Also let's say you leave your macro the entire day it'll just be overweight but and you'd probably get i dunno maybe 2m worth of loots? Its not worth it. The reason people macro and the reason why its legal is to prevent carpal tunnel syndrome. Every 10-15mins they still need to bwing and unload all their loots then go back again. There's no science to it, you can macro with simple gears so long as your character can survive being mobbed by a whole screen of monsters. Try it, you'll realize its not even worth the time.

#5 NTSB

NTSB

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 05 August 2022 - 06:01 PM

I dont think macro players are on screen every minute and will say "Sorry" when they kill steal or hold the skill before it kills steal anyone. I experienced myself when those macros suddenly appeared from nowhere, KS and greed AK card. I could not do anything even send a report because I could not even take snapshot.

How about 2-3 macro rebellion parties in a small map spamming wing and Desperado (7x7 area). At low LV without BMX, it takes around 30mins - 1hr to gain 1 LV, so we need to spend 13hr - 26 hr playing with these selfish and ill-mannered players in each Low,Mid,High TI? Well, that is why many quitted.

Lets say macro bot gains 2 Mil / 30mins. They just come and check the screen every 30 mins, take control and sell those loots to 1z buyer shop(another of his char). when that account is banned. GM would not ban another buying account because he bought it legally. Just do this 2-3 hrs a day, meanwhile you can watch streaming movie or do some household chores. So passive income 12Mil a day not including cards. 

Above is only example for normal players, how about business man?. They sell LVL service and do this the whole day. If it is not worth to do, why they are all doing this?

These hyenas people are here to gnaw on this game for their own good until there is nothing left

Edited by NTSB, 05 August 2022 - 06:04 PM.

#6 therevengeofnico

therevengeofnico

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 249 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 05 August 2022 - 09:00 PM

Macro users dont need to hold the skill before they kill steal. They just turn the macro on and do something else in another screen maybe watch movies or maybe on their phones. Like Ashuckel said its more of a nuiance to you guys but macro users dont really control where they land after fly wing. Basically if you're there when they land, its just collateral damage. 

If you've sunk 1b or more onto your macro gears dont you think it would be a waste if you left your seat to go do something for 30mins only to find out someone had pm'd you and you didnt reply and now you're in line for banning? The loots from macroing all day for a month dont even add up to all the gear that's gonna fizzle away if they get banned. 

#7 NTSB

NTSB

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 05 August 2022 - 11:10 PM

Player kills monster you are attacking, you called kill steal. So why Macro bot does exactly the same but you called that collateral damage? This is not about how they play, the result is kill steal anyway and macro players should have more manner. While they are macroing and drinking coffee or watching movies, they are bothering and taking advantage by KS other players.

Even doing it whole month it does worth for a gear? Well, why they have been doing it flywing and greed? May be it is not worth for 1 Bill gear but it is worth for something else.

Edited by NTSB, 06 August 2022 - 02:33 AM.

#8 therevengeofnico

therevengeofnico

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 249 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 06 August 2022 - 12:29 AM

Yeah coz it happens so fast macro users cant really react and turn off the macro so quickly so we just normally let it happen.

Also yeah if you like for example turn on your macro for 4hrs a day and you make 2-3m per 30mins that's 16-24m per day. In 30 days that's 480-720m. Sounds like a lot but if they're selling that zeny, its not even worth the electricity and time to do it for the whole month. Not unless like you say they're doing leveling service or leveling characters to sell. And tbf even if you're just looking at the screen it gets incredibly boring. 

I normally turn my macro on when I'm leveling in gramps or there's a specific card that's worth something.

Edited by therevengeofnico, 06 August 2022 - 04:12 PM.

#9 NTSB

NTSB

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 06 August 2022 - 02:07 AM

Bro, game is for people to play not for bot and macro. KS policy is not for only players, it is also for macros or whoever/whatever playing this game. or if there is exception, Please clearly put it in policy.

Edited by NTSB, 06 August 2022 - 02:32 AM.

#10 therevengeofnico

therevengeofnico

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 249 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 06 August 2022 - 02:24 AM

Macro's are legal so long as you're not afk. Especially when your hands hurt from playing all day. Don't worry I'm not one of those aholes who macro all day, it's only if I need to level a new character quickly to trans 99, probably takes me 3 hourse from novice level 1 to trans 99. If that makes me any better to your eyes hahaha!

But yeah I shared my set incase you were curious how running macros work.

Edited by therevengeofnico, 06 August 2022 - 02:25 AM.

#11 NTSB

NTSB

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 06 August 2022 - 02:36 AM

Macro's are legal so long as you're not afk. Especially when your hands hurt from playing all day. Don't worry I'm not one of those aholes who macro all day, it's only if I need to level a new character quickly to trans 99, probably takes me 3 hourse from novice level 1 to trans 99. If that makes me any better to your eyes hahaha!

But yeah I shared my set incase you were curious how running macros work.

Well, be proud of that.

If I want to play some game, I would play it myself and enjoy playing it!! 

#12 therevengeofnico

therevengeofnico

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 249 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 06 August 2022 - 02:41 AM

Well, be proud of that.

If I want to play some game, I would play it myself and enjoy playing it!! 

Yeah everyone has their own ways I guess. But yeah if you're feeling tired of leveling and need a bit of boost from 84-99 trans shoot me a message, I dont mind running macros to help people level for a few hours on the weekend. Also I'm running 2 pc's so I can just do my regular gaming on my main pc and keep checking on you and the macro. I used to run low ti parties for new players I lure into the game just so they can get to 3rd class quickly.

#13 NTSB

NTSB

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 06 August 2022 - 03:30 AM

Yeah everyone has their own ways I guess. But yeah if you're feeling tired of leveling and need a bit of boost from 84-99 trans shoot me a message, I dont mind running macros to help people level for a few hours on the weekend. Also I'm running 2 pc's so I can just do my regular gaming on my main pc and keep checking on you and the macro. I used to run low ti parties for new players I lure into the game just so they can get to 3rd class quickly.

Thanks for offering a help. If you help new players, it is good but please avoid KS(ing) players.

Currently I m not playing because my friends quitted. I m waiting for Xmas maybe they will come back to play.

#14 therevengeofnico

therevengeofnico

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 249 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 06 August 2022 - 03:34 AM

Thanks for offering a help. If you help new players, it is good but please avoid KS(ing) players.

Currently I m not playing because my friends quitted. I m waiting for Xmas maybe they will come back to play.

Yeah I always try to keep an eye out in case something like that happens but sometimes it happens so quick that before I can turn off the macro i've flown away hahaha!

And yeah bro if they come back by christmas, round em up and if they need to level I'd be happy to dedicate a couple hours to help you guys level.

#15 T1tanG3l

T1tanG3l

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 06 August 2022 - 04:43 AM

Bro , we dgaf about your gears or your macroing tutorial, we are here to let GM know that automated playing is a nuisance specially for active players leveling in gramps, u said it your self you let your PC on and play other game on another PC , that counts as automated playing already since u are playing another game while automating playing in iRO, (genius you just let the whole WP team know) and as you also said u don't give a -_- whether you hit another players mobs because " we can't control it" ....my point isn't only about looting, my point is to prevent automated play in gramps maps to reduce kill-stealing and looting other loots in the map, you don't need to explain other stuff about what you do, you can make s tutorial about macroing an automated playing in another thread, the world doesn't revolve around you, if you butthurt because this will prevent you from playing other games while automating iRO, then you can get out of the thread, it's called respect mate thank you.

@camp a confession has just been made, I would appreciate it if you can monitor his accounts tyia

Edited by T1tanG3l, 06 August 2022 - 04:48 AM.

#16 NTSB

NTSB

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 06 August 2022 - 05:52 AM

This is so funny

#17 vividort

vividort

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1222 posts
  • Server:Hiatus x Hiatus

Posted 06 August 2022 - 06:08 AM

There's not much money Macroing in gramps tbh. Even if it were last month were there Mavka's and all it still didnt justify macroing all day. Its not really worth the time. Also macroing while afk is illegal. You cannot automate play. But if the macro user is in front of his/her pc. You can report them a thousand times in a day it wont matter. If they're not afk then they can carry on.

Also let's say you leave your macro the entire day it'll just be overweight but and you'd probably get i dunno maybe 2m worth of loots? Its not worth it. The reason people macro and the reason why its legal is to prevent carpal tunnel syndrome. Every 10-15mins they still need to bwing and unload all their loots then go back again. There's no science to it, you can macro with simple gears so long as your character can survive being mobbed by a whole screen of monsters. Try it, you'll realize its not even worth the time.

Rodex is a thing that exists.

Just thought i should throw this here even tho im late

Edited by vividort, 06 August 2022 - 06:09 AM.

#18 DDQuidam

DDQuidam

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok DS
  • Server:Nintendo DSi XL

Posted 06 August 2022 - 09:41 AM

2022 and still talking about bots, some things will never change.

#19 therevengeofnico

therevengeofnico

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 249 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 06 August 2022 - 12:29 PM

Bro , we dgaf about your gears or your macroing tutorial, we are here to let GM know that automated playing is a nuisance specially for active players leveling in gramps, u said it your self you let your PC on and play other game on another PC , that counts as automated playing already since u are playing another game while automating playing in iRO, (genius you just let the whole WP team know) and as you also said u don't give a -_- whether you hit another players mobs because " we can't control it" ....my point isn't only about looting, my point is to prevent automated play in gramps maps to reduce kill-stealing and looting other loots in the map, you don't need to explain other stuff about what you do, you can make s tutorial about macroing an automated playing in another thread, the world doesn't revolve around you, if you butthurt because this will prevent you from playing other games while automating iRO, then you can get out of the thread, it's called respect mate thank you.

@camp a confession has just been made, I would appreciate it if you can monitor his accounts tyia

Alright I wanna know once and for all what the do's and donts are around this before further implicating myself lol! I dont do it as much now since like I said it wasnt worth time time but I'm sure Camp can find that out when he looks into it haha! When I have macro's on I make sure I'm aware of what's going on and respond to anybody that shoots me a pm. What other things should I be aware of so I can conduct these things as legally as I can hahaha

#20 Harvests

Harvests

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 78 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 August 2022 - 01:21 AM

normally in gramps , most people there , one shot everything , so technically there is no ks . Its just very annoying ... specially rebels with there big ass hit box skills =/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users