Good Afternoon Midgardians!
Unfortunately I didn't have an update for you last week as I had some personal matters to take care of. But I am back!
Now what is going on in iRO!
Currently the team is working on the following:
- Fixing the missing descriptions for the new Shadow Cube items, Unfortunately this got delayed a maintenance due to some outside issues.
- 1st Stream happened. The CMs made Sailor Muji and have started their adventure.
- Planning an untitled event to be released at the beginning of Fall, targeted end of September.
- Working on a new world to add to the current ones it will match current settings.
- This world is a clone of Chaos and Thor. It will be matching their settings and come in Q3
- QA testing the Q3 update
- We will be sharing details of these changes weekly starting in September.
- Prepping to do long term QA testing for Q2 2023
- OCP and Kachua were implemented.
- Kachua incorrectly listed as having the Cursed Knights Shield and Instead had Overwelm Armor. If you are unhappy with what you got the GMs can assist you by submitting a ticket.
- Fairy of Eden lists only giving 2% mAtk. This is in reality 2% mAtk per refine level.
- We are investigating the other bug reports regarding this.
- OCP Token System was implemented. Q1 and Q2 2022 OCPs will be added to Grandma Boxter next maintenance.
- Noodle festival was extended for those users who didn't have a chance to finish it.
- A small adjustment was made to EAC for stability this week. The bigger update work is still on going.
- Last week we announced the WoE time change for Chaos WoE 2
In addition we have other issues under investigation/fixing but they aren't on the schedule just yet.
The current status of the next major iRO update: Undergoing QA
As a note although we listed QA testing starting for Q2 2023 there are updates planned for Q4 2022 and Q1 2023. The update planned for Q2 2023 is just expected to take longer to test and get into game.
Stability Fix Notes - Repeated from last week , plus one new error.
So far there have been four noted issues that have come up. I will try to cover them below.
1. Ctrl F11/Shift F11: Unfortunately this stability fix removed the last of the nospam client features. This had to be done in order to align our cps.dll with the rest of the RO family. By doing so we were able to start updating EAC again without causing the mass disconnection 'Panic!' errors. As you may recall these would disconnect most users from the game.
2. Service Update Failed: This update is caused by EAC not properly updated itself due to a connection issue. If you follow the link in the error message EAC provides a manual patch to the issue.
3. Sha 2 Code Signing; This issue is caused by a missing windows update. Microsoft has an article on it here: https://support.micr...78-34f9aa5f8339.
4. Windows 11 crash. Right now we are investigating this on going issue. The best advice we have currently is to run the repair feature on EAC and try compatibility mode.
5. Error Code 10011. Unfortunately this means something went wrong with the installation. You can either run the EAC repair feature or reinstall the game client to fix this.
There is another EAC update that we will be implementing soon. The work on it has started and we will share more details once it enters testing.
As always thank you for playing Ragnarok Online and I will be seeing you in Midgard.