anyone has this kind of problem when playing on windows 11 laptop? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

anyone has this kind of problem when playing on windows 11 laptop?

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 Bohem

Bohem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1939 posts
  • LocationMage Class Forum..?
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 03 October 2022 - 09:26 AM

when i turn on the game, game starts fine.

everything works perfectly until within first 5 minutes, the game freezes. but the in-game sound is keep going (eg, someone using skill etc), so i am guessing the game client isn't fully frozen.

has someone ever experienced this situation? and if so, how did u fix it ?

ps. i already tried uninstalling & re-installing the game couple of times

ps2. could it be a window service pack that i need to download?

#2 Kedoxu

Kedoxu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 03 October 2022 - 09:43 AM

What other apps/programs do you have running when launching the RO client?

#3 Bohem

Bohem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1939 posts

Posted 03 October 2022 - 09:47 AM

nothing =S i turned off everything and screen still freezes... but i can hear in-game sound keep going so i know the client isn't frozen... its weird..

#4 Kedoxu

Kedoxu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 03 October 2022 - 09:55 AM

Have you checked all you graphics drivers are up to date?

#5 Bohem

Bohem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1939 posts

Posted 03 October 2022 - 10:12 AM

yep... i guess RO just doesn't wanna run on my laptop XD i'll try to find some window drivers and installing them....

#6 4448220820200934323

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 October 2022 - 04:22 PM

I know someone who bought a new laptop for gaming that has win 11 and also can't run RO for longer than 5 minutes. The closest we got to extending the playtime was repairing EAC manually in the installation folder. Of course, with all the other tricks like turning off all overlays, not running any other programs including discord, never running through Steam.

Win 11 has not been nice with RO.

#7 holyelf

holyelf

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 03 October 2022 - 05:02 PM

5 minutes Freeze I think this one not Windows 11.

May I guess some things.

You just buy new laptop with Intel i7 12700K  right ?

#8 Bohem

Bohem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1939 posts

Posted 04 October 2022 - 11:37 AM

yes lol i am using brand new laptop with window 11, but with i5 12500H.

could be windows thing i guesss

#9 havocstopper

havocstopper

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 346 posts
  • LocationNew England, USA
  • Server:Between Worlds

Posted 04 October 2022 - 11:59 AM

Did you try playing with the graphics under settings? I've had wonky things happen when using my nvidia card and not Direct3D. also, see if it happens with or without fullscreen.

#10 Bohem

Bohem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1939 posts

Posted 04 October 2022 - 01:12 PM

i tried changing every single options but did not help XD its weird.. i guess its windows 11 thing

#11 Bohem

Bohem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1939 posts

Posted 04 October 2022 - 01:25 PM

nvm couldn't fix it still

Edited by Bohem, 04 October 2022 - 01:26 PM.

#12 holyelf

holyelf

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 04 October 2022 - 06:56 PM

Okay Perfect : That is intel gen12 with E-Core. (12500)

This problem is not concern with Windows 11, even you downgrade to windows 10 it still be same issue.

Congraturation, If your main game is ragnarok online.  That is no choice for now.

Problem is comefrom new system in intel Gen12 E-Core that is conflict with your iGPU because ragnarok will run on iGPU only if you run in laptop.
(If you see in setting menu , you can understand that you cannot find dedicate GPU to select)

That why for PC no issue because PC can run direct to dedicate GPU

For Solving problem we have 3 chioce.

1. You have to connect to external Graphic Card. But for sure , I not recoomment to do that, because your laptop just new.
to connect with external GPU , you have to open for case and replace with your mini PCI that now connect with your wifi card.
your waranty will be automatic dispose.

2. Waiting Gravity to update their code to run on directX11 (Now they still running at directX8)
but this choice is hopeless, cannot predict that they will do this or not.

3. (As me I selected this choice), Sell your laptop as 2nd hand and lower than market price (I lost around 300USD)
and buy new one with older generation (Gen11) or you move to Ryzen (I use RYZEN 7 6800H)

If your main game not raganrok , that is okay

#13 tlc9711LOgo

tlc9711LOgo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 04 October 2022 - 09:56 PM

If your laptop has a mux switch, u can switch to ur dedicated gpu instead of igpu. Now my ro game not crashing everytime xD

#14 Bohem

Bohem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1939 posts

Posted 05 October 2022 - 08:48 AM

thanks for the feedback and solutions guys... i kinda had a feeling it would be a igpu related issue... i will give u guys an update once i find better solution hahha

#15 holyelf

holyelf

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 06 October 2022 - 05:08 PM

If your laptop has a mux switch, u can switch to ur dedicated gpu instead of igpu. Now my ro game not crashing everytime xD

Ya I also forgot this solution,

If you laptop have MUX Switch , that also can help you also.

#16 Dimension69

Dimension69

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 April 2023 - 04:04 PM

I have the exact same issue. New laptop with win 11. The game crashes after a few minutes no matter if I run it through steam or a client downloaded directly from the website:(

#17 Yhannix

Yhannix

I am New.

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 April 2023 - 05:21 PM

try the option "Run as Adminstrator" by right clicking the game icon and select run as Administrator option that might work

#18 DDQuidam

DDQuidam

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok DS
  • Server:Nintendo DSi XL

Posted 07 April 2023 - 09:50 AM

I had a similar problem a while ago where the game would get extremely slow, turned out to be my bios bc i had an early version of an update which had some features disabled which ended up affecting RO directly. Just my 2 cents

#19 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 10 October 2023 - 12:02 AM

Up. Same problem but im on win10.

Laptop only has intel iGPU

Edited by mikkotinamide, 10 October 2023 - 01:50 PM.

#20 therevengeofnico

therevengeofnico

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 254 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 10 October 2023 - 10:27 AM

Have you tried looking at your settings to see if it matches the resolution and how many bits your processor is running? Resolution most of the time doesnt cause any issues but if you're running 32-bit and playing the game on 64-bit this can happen. Even the other way around. Basically either the game is too fast your your processor or your processor is too fast the game cant pick up the pace.

I had this issue before, running an intel processor. Switching to amd was a breeze. Might be worth a shot.

#21 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 10 October 2023 - 05:37 PM

How do I know which resolutions are 32-bit which are 64-bit?

#22 therevengeofnico

therevengeofnico

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 254 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 10 October 2023 - 06:21 PM

How do I know which resolutions are 32-bit which are 64-bit?

First, go to your File Explorer (commonly referred to as Windows Explorer) and click on This PC (commonly known as My Computer for Windows 7 and below). Right-click anywhere inside This PC so long as its not any of your drives or document folders, just the blank space. Click Properties and you will see what Windows version you're running at and what processor your using. Pay attention to the part where it says System Type. It will either say 32-bit or 64-bit. There is a more complicated way of finding this out but we're just looking for which bit your pc is running on so the basics should be fine.

Next you go into your ragnarok folder (wherever you installed the game) and look for Setup. When you open that there should be Resolution there with a dropdown menu. This allows you to switch your games resolution. If you're running on full screen its beneficial to use the same resolution you're using on your monitor. Going over would mean your pc has to switch resolutions every time you get into the game and when you get out of it which shouldn't be an issue for faster pc's but slower pc's usually start having problems as they struggle to keep up.

Going back to resolution, beside it should say either 32-bit or 64-bit. This is where you need to match the resolution to what your pc is actually running. For example on the list it may say 1920x1080 - 32-Bit or something like that.

If its the wrong system type and you switch it back and you have no problems, you should be all set.

If you do encounter issues on the setup screen like no resolution choices at all, this may be a result of 3 things. (1) Your graphics card does not support Ragnarok which means the game is running on an internal gpu which cant really support much given how the games engine has evolved since 2004. (2) You're running an APU which is a CPU + GPU combo like on one of my pcs i run a Ryzen 5 5600G APU so I dont use a graphics card on that one, still pretty good to game on but struggles on more demanding titles. Or (3) this happens to me a lot since I have another pc runing an Ryzen 5 5600G APU and stuck a GTX1660 super on it. Your Graphics card may have two options. One for the actual GPU and the other for the APU. Intel has a similar option to an AMD APU but the stand alone graphics card that comes with its processors are seldom generic and aren't really equipped for heavy graphics. Much like how regular Intel computers have an "office-only" persona to them. This just means that the game is using the wrong graphics card to play so you just have to switch them out and that should solve the issue.

There is a way to go into your ragnarok folder and manually set your resolution and bit but i'd try my initial suggestion first and see where it goes.

Edited by therevengeofnico, 10 October 2023 - 06:30 PM.

#23 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 10 October 2023 - 08:14 PM

Going back to resolution, beside it should say either 32-bit or 64-bit. This is where you need to match the resolution to what your pc is actually running. For example on the list it may say 1920x1080 - 32-Bit or something like that.

My PC/Windows is 64-bit but there are no options in RO setup to switch to 64. All of the choices are a*b*32 (e.g. 1280x720x32)

#24 Biggu

Biggu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 11 October 2023 - 03:02 AM

do this work for me.

youtube.com/watch?v=wroUckNg4JY

#25 therevengeofnico

therevengeofnico

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 254 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 11 October 2023 - 11:52 AM

My PC/Windows is 64-bit but there are no options in RO setup to switch to 64. All of the choices are a*b*32 (e.g. 1280x720x32)

What graphics card are you using on your pc? This is most likely an issue of synergy. Looks like windows 11 64-bit is too much for your graphics card. You can actually switch to windows 11 in 32-bit but i think it involves formatting your pc and installing the 32-bit version.

Its downloadable on the microsoft website you get to choose if you wanna get the 64-bit or 32-bit version.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users