Ragnarok Booster how does it work? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Ragnarok Booster how does it work?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 RagnarokAndMe

RagnarokAndMe

I am New.

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 October 2022 - 11:28 PM

Never done a booster character/account before. I register a BRAND NEW E-mail and in-game account on the promotion booster page and I got nothing. Cool. Can anyone tell me step by step how it works or even make a youtube video or something? plz thanks. just a returning player from 2009.

#2 VModIceCreamCake

VModIceCreamCake

Amateur Blogger

• WarpPortal VM
  • 319 posts
  • LocationWest Coast, USA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 14 October 2022 - 12:32 AM

You need to have one or more characters already created on the server you want to get the additional booster character created on. Once any character is made you should then be able to click the Create Character button on this webpage and then use the drop down menus to select your account, the server, and gender and lastly click the 'Get a character' button. At this point when you login to the game client again you should see the booster character in your list of characters.

If that still isn't working you may need to contact the GM team at the support page.

Good luck and hope to see you in game soon!

#3 Apiong

Apiong

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 15 October 2022 - 11:44 PM

Can't create a booster character for 2022. It says I already participated but its for the 2021 event. Any way around this? 

#4 havocstopper

havocstopper

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 346 posts
  • LocationNew England, USA
  • Server:Between Worlds

Posted 17 October 2022 - 05:23 AM

Never done a booster character/account before. I register a BRAND NEW E-mail and in-game account on the promotion booster page and I got nothing. Cool. Can anyone tell me step by step how it works or even make a youtube video or something? plz thanks. just a returning player from 2009.

Welcome! Follow the instructions as mentioned. Be sure to open the box that appears in your inventory otherwise you'll lose out on the benefits. There's an npc by the North Prontera Fountain that guides you through the process and offers you a good starting weapon :D

Can't create a booster character for 2022. It says I already participated but its for the 2021 event. Any way around this? 

You may have to try it on another account.

#5 RagnarokAndMe

RagnarokAndMe

I am New.

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 November 2022 - 11:32 PM

You need to have one or more characters already created on the server you want to get the additional booster character created on. Once any character is made you should then be able to click the Create Character button on this webpage and then use the drop down menus to select your account, the server, and gender and lastly click the 'Get a character' button. At this point when you login to the game client again you should see the booster character in your list of characters.

If that still isn't working you may need to contact the GM team at the support page.

I play on steam only. Is there a way to get a boosted character through steam client? I tried using my email for the website from steam and it made me a brand new account instead of using my stream accounts.

#6 RonSilver

RonSilver

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 644 posts

Posted 11 November 2022 - 09:37 AM

"Ragnarok Booster how does it work?"

short answer: it doesn't

#7 JeffreyBurns

JeffreyBurns

I am New.

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 December 2022 - 03:46 AM

"Ragnarok Booster how does it work?"

short answer: it doesn't

Serioulsy? Or you joking..

#8 VModIceCreamCake

VModIceCreamCake

Amateur Blogger

• WarpPortal VM
  • 319 posts

Posted 02 December 2022 - 04:04 AM

Serioulsy? Or you joking..

He is joking. You have always been able to make a new booster character on any account that didn't participate and get a booster character last year.

#9 Essmikayl

Essmikayl

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 912 posts
  • Twitter:@bhismocabbage
  • Locationphone code +62
  • Server:Mayhem

Posted 02 December 2022 - 08:12 AM

He is joking. You have always been able to make a new booster character on any account that didn't participate and get a booster character last year.

what, cordite said we can, but need to ticket now. please dont spread misinformation

#10 VModIceCreamCake

VModIceCreamCake

Amateur Blogger

• WarpPortal VM
  • 319 posts

Posted 02 December 2022 - 03:08 PM

what, cordite said we can, but need to ticket now. please dont spread misinformation

Other than this Steam issue, I have seen no reports of any issues logging into a WP account and claiming a booster character on new game accounts. That said I have personally experienced and saw many others report issues when trying to add a second booster character if they had participated in the event last year.

The question I was replying to appeared to be for a new player who had never participated in a booster event, so my information is correct for their case, assuming they're not also hitting this Steam issue.

#11 Essmikayl

Essmikayl

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 912 posts
  • Twitter:@bhismocabbage
  • Locationphone code +62
  • Server:Mayhem

Posted 02 December 2022 - 05:09 PM

Other than this Steam issue, I have seen no reports of any issues logging into a WP account and claiming a booster character on new game accounts. That said I have personally experienced and saw many others report issues when trying to add a second booster character if they had participated in the event last year.

The question I was replying to appeared to be for a new player who had never participated in a booster event, so my information is correct for their case, assuming they're not also hitting this Steam issue.

Teh you really need to change your tone or nuances. ppl would assume if you said new account that have not participated *always* could make a booster, it has a tendency to say that account that participated last year can't make a booster.

e.g.; you have always been able to make a new booster character on any account [period]

just saying this outta my mind after seeing your type of reply, especially in the patchnote post that sparked outrage.

#12 VModIceCreamCake

VModIceCreamCake

Amateur Blogger

• WarpPortal VM
  • 319 posts

Posted 02 December 2022 - 07:36 PM

Teh you really need to change your tone or nuances. ppl would assume if you said new account that have not participated *always* could make a booster, it has a tendency to say that account that participated last year can't make a booster.

e.g.; you have always been able to make a new booster character on any account [period]

just saying this outta my mind after seeing your type of reply, especially in the patchnote post that sparked outrage.

I'm sorry I'm not really following what you're saying. But about the event to make it clear for anyone reading:

1. All accounts are eligible to get a booster character. Game accounts that have never received a booster character can go here and use the form to receive their additional character (even if you already have 15/15 characters!).

2. Any game account that participated last year will receive an error when trying to use that website. This error blocks you from selecting the game account you want the character added to. The CM team previously recommended ticketing about this but the tickets were not answered. :ani_swt3: Also it is worth noting that posted on the forum was an unofficial work around to fix the coding of the website but it was not clarified if that is allowed. 

Beyond those details I know for sure, I'm unsure how this system interacts with Steam accounts.

But if you have created your Warp Portal account it is very easy to access the website and use this process.

So any new players or players with game accounts which have not claimed a booster character it should be an easy process to get into the event!

#13 paths19

paths19

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 December 2022 - 06:14 AM

I just came back after not playing since 2016 or so and this worked perfectly fine for me. These booster characters are beasts!

#14 AdimDevil

AdimDevil

I am New.

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 January 2023 - 12:05 AM

I tried to make a booster character but when I created it I made it male and a female character appeared in my game account. How can I change the gender of the character? Or do I just delete the character and recreate it?

#15 VModIceCreamCake

VModIceCreamCake

Amateur Blogger

• WarpPortal VM
  • 319 posts

Posted 27 January 2023 - 01:27 AM

I tried to make a booster character but when I created it I made it male and a female character appeared in my game account. How can I change the gender of the character? Or do I just delete the character and recreate it?

Would recommend not to delete the character since you only get one per event and I don't think the GMs are helping players with replacements. That said you will need to contact the GM team by writing a ticket at the support page to get them to fix the character's gender. If you don't want to wait I believe there is still an option in the value added services that after you purchase it will swap a character's gender but were this me I would just file a ticket with the GMs to fix it and wait a bit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users