Hm so what do you do with a RG(skill wise) - Swordsman Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Hm so what do you do with a RG(skill wise)

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Zoltor

Zoltor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1345 posts

Posted 20 October 2022 - 05:36 AM

I plan to still use GC, but what should I do with the RG skill tree?

I guess my equips are going to dictate some of this, as I have both Circlet of Phoenix, and Shield of Phoenix(sadly no Ring of Phoenix), but otherwise what skills should I be getting?

#2 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4117 posts

Posted 20 October 2022 - 09:46 AM

unknown.png

#3 Zoltor

Zoltor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1345 posts

Posted 20 October 2022 - 10:45 AM

unknown.png

Hm ok thanks looks good/looks like a plan, the only thing is, why genesis ray, Isn't that a completely useless skill, shouldn't I get Overbrand instead?  I wish Genesis Ray was actually usable, it being basically the RGs GC, but you require 2 RGs near each other, which is never going to happen(not even in woe, is this a plausable situation)

Edited by Zoltor, 20 October 2022 - 10:45 AM.

#4 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9324 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 20 October 2022 - 11:34 AM

Hm ok thanks looks good/looks like a plan, the only thing is, why genesis ray, Isn't that a completely useless skill, shouldn't I get Overbrand instead?  I wish Genesis Ray was actually usable, it being basically the RGs GC, but you require 2 RGs near each other, which is never going to happen(not even in woe, is this a plausable situation)

Hasn't been like that in over a year. Now it's just a magic AoE.

Useful items for it- https://www.divine-p...ine-guard-hat-1

https://www.divine-p...3/light-blade-2

https://www.divine-p...hemis-balance-1

Could go the phys route if you wanted to with Earth Drive/Overbrand. Needs different gear of course.

#5 awesomegeek

awesomegeek

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1629 posts

Posted 20 October 2022 - 12:14 PM

I think Genesis Ray is actually the fastest/easiest way to level. All the limitations it had before are now gone. (except the remaining 1.5s cd)

Don't bother with Divine Guard Hat. It requires you to use Holy Cross which is 1 cell target skill.

This setup allows you to instant cast the skill 5 cells away from enemy.

#6 Zoltor

Zoltor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1345 posts

Posted 20 October 2022 - 12:23 PM

Hasn't been like that in over a year. Now it's just a magic AoE.

Useful items for it- https://www.divine-p...ine-guard-hat-1

https://www.divine-p...3/light-blade-2

https://www.divine-p...hemis-balance-1

Could go the phys route if you wanted to with Earth Drive/Overbrand. Needs different gear of course.

Oh okay sweet.  Yea I was looking at that as well, that's what made it a hard choice(either way the stat build would end up the same, so atleast don't need to worry about that).  However if Genesis Ray Isn't going to be crap, probally go with that.

However I do wonder how well Overbrand scales at high lv, compared to GC/Genesis Ray(especially with things like Circlet of Phoenix for overbrand, and Sader shadow set for GC).

For a Holy Armor option, I'm thinking of using a Armor of White Thread for the MDEF piercing, and bonus MATK.

Yea thanks for the item suggestions. I've seen the Scale around, and was thinking about getting one, but didn't know about light blade or Divine Guard hat(although the latter is going to be harder to justify, as Circlet does more then buff Overbrand)

Oh cool, Light Blade even combos with Ancient Hero Boots, which I was planning to get for my RK character anyway :) I love high end equips that work exceptionally well on multiple characters.

Edited by Zoltor, 20 October 2022 - 01:02 PM.

#7 Zoltor

Zoltor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1345 posts

Posted 20 October 2022 - 12:32 PM

I think Genesis Ray is actually the fastest/easiest way to level. All the limitations it had before are now gone. (except the remaining 1.5s cd)

Don't bother with Divine Guard Hat. It requires you to use Holy Cross which is 1 cell target skill.

This setup allows you to instant cast the skill 5 cells away from enemy.

Yea thanks, and yea I wasn't thinking too fondly on Divine Guard hat, it requires a specific play style to make use of it as you pointed out, but also it would mean no Circlet of Phoenix, which is more beneficial even if not going Overbrand.

#8 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4117 posts

Posted 20 October 2022 - 05:41 PM

that skill tree can go for both Earth Drive or* Overbrand build btw (have to choose 1)

Edited by YongkySH, 21 October 2022 - 02:21 AM.

#9 Zoltor

Zoltor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1345 posts

Posted 21 October 2022 - 01:07 AM

that skill tree can go for both Earth Drive and Overbrand build btw

Actually I think you're right. The job lv cap is now 65 right, and this only factors in job lv 50, sweet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users