• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Zoltor

Zoltor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1345 posts

Posted 30 October 2022 - 02:49 PM

There Isn't much info, and the skill list I've seen, didn't seem that impressive to me.  However I'm getting all these free high lv Doram equipment(yea somewhere inbetween th 3 milisecond GC AOE nukes, I managed to pickup a handful of the equips that drops in magma 2), It's making me think, perhaps I should make one.

I do notice their equips ingeneral tend to have amazing mods, so perhaps that's where they get there power from(that is not apparent when looking over their skills alone).  Als is there anything special about the race other then not being demi human(and being beast-brute), because there's almost no info on them?

#2 condySpectrum

condySpectrum

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts
  • LocationSolar System
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Thor

Posted 31 October 2022 - 07:50 AM

Dorams are pretty fun in their own ways.

Most of their gears that you can acquire in game through monster drops, doram coin exchange (which also just requires monster dropped doram gears) and the welfare equipment (noblesse, imperial, grace) are usually decently good enough to enable the character to do lots of PvM contents and maybe even low tier MvPs.

3 skill builds are available: physical, magical and support

I think the physical build is the easiest to play and also the most popular as you can just solo run on a lot of PvM content. Picky Peck being its main bread and butter deals pretty good dmg (with a chance of double cast when you're base level 30 up) and when you get 2 Earthworm Charms, it will completely remove it's cast time which makes spamming it much easier. Main issue would be SP upkeep and dealing with mobs/MvPs that cast increase agi on themselves/pneuma which makes landing ranged physical dmg hard. 

Magical build centers around using CN Meteor (which is like Meteor Storm but neutral element) for mobbing. Due to the considerable cast time, you need to use Stoop right before casting just to be able to tank the enemy dmg. 

Support build is like a Priest but different. There are some really neat buffs that a makes a support Doram quite unique. Both Magical and Support Doram would be best played with a party.

I think it's worth trying out but I would highly suggest to go the physical build especially if you are not planning to equip it with the cash shop/ OCP gears. Speaking of OCP gears, Catherina Von Blood fits rather nicely for Physical Dorams, as it basically solves the SP upkeep problem and also helps with the HP sustain.

#3 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 31 October 2022 - 10:20 AM

boring af

#4 Zoltor

Zoltor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1345 posts

Posted 31 October 2022 - 02:42 PM

Dorams are pretty fun in their own ways.

Most of their gears that you can acquire in game through monster drops, doram coin exchange (which also just requires monster dropped doram gears) and the welfare equipment (noblesse, imperial, grace) are usually decently good enough to enable the character to do lots of PvM contents and maybe even low tier MvPs.

3 skill builds are available: physical, magical and support

I think the physical build is the easiest to play and also the most popular as you can just solo run on a lot of PvM content. Picky Peck being its main bread and butter deals pretty good dmg (with a chance of double cast when you're base level 30 up) and when you get 2 Earthworm Charms, it will completely remove it's cast time which makes spamming it much easier. Main issue would be SP upkeep and dealing with mobs/MvPs that cast increase agi on themselves/pneuma which makes landing ranged physical dmg hard. 

Magical build centers around using CN Meteor (which is like Meteor Storm but neutral element) for mobbing. Due to the considerable cast time, you need to use Stoop right before casting just to be able to tank the enemy dmg. 

Support build is like a Priest but different. There are some really neat buffs that a makes a support Doram quite unique. Both Magical and Support Doram would be best played with a party.

I think it's worth trying out but I would highly suggest to go the physical build especially if you are not planning to equip it with the cash shop/ OCP gears. Speaking of OCP gears, Catherina Von Blood fits rather nicely for Physical Dorams, as it basically solves the SP upkeep problem and also helps with the HP sustain.

Really, I'm shocked. I mean yea physical is always the easiest, especially early on, but I'm shocked that magic build is so gimped(needing another ability to tank, just so you can survive long enough to get off a AOE, is just bad design(if people wanted to have to deal with that, might as well just make a wizzy, which has a better arsenal. Aslo a magic hybrid would make no sense either, that's what Ninjas/Kagerou are for.

It's weird to go physical with a neko Summoner, but yea seems more viable, like I said, I didn't find the skills all that impressive.  Would it be possible to make a Physical/support hybrid, because I have noticed, they seem to get amazing regenative abilities, especially with equips?  

Also since magic is oddly a lost cause, are there Doram equipment that is more physical oriented, because the Magma 2 equips, while amazing(especially the Wondrous Fox Tail, if this could be used by other magic users, it would be so broken, what a amazing staff), are more magic oriented? Edit: Ah actually that is what the Fine Fox Tail Replica is, well have 4 of those lol. Well anyway if you know any other equips I should look out for, by all means feel free to post such please?

Oh yea, and how many skill points total can they get after lv 100?

Edited by Zoltor, 31 October 2022 - 03:09 PM.

#5 condySpectrum

condySpectrum

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts
  • LocationSolar System

Posted 31 October 2022 - 06:11 PM

Well, there are some who have opted for support/magic build. Basically, you take both the skill branch for magic and support up to the "Power of Land" and "Power of Sea". With this, you can deal AoE neutral magic damage while also being able to self-sustain thanks to the support spells of Doram. However, due to the skill point limitations (Doram max Job level is only 50), you would not be able to take the higher-level passives "Spirit of Land"/"Spirit of Sea" which improves a lot of their respective branch skills.

I wouldn't really say that Pure Magic build is just a lost cause. Example, once you take the "Power of Land" passive, you have a chance of auto-casting "Silvervine Stem Spear" on attacking enemies while casting "CN Meteor". This makes clearing out mobs much easier as you can deal so much dmg even before you finish casting CN Meteor. Also remember that CN Meteor is like a better neutral element version of Meteor Storm. 

If you are going to go physical build, it would be a huge waste to opt out from taking the higher-level passive "Spirit of Life" as this makes your physical attacking skills deal more dmg based on your remaining HP %. So, while going hybrid Physical/support build is possible, you would not be as strong as a pure physical build due to this limitation. Also, the SP upkeep with all the support spells and spamming attack skills may get challenging specially since physical Dorams are more Str, Vit and Dex oriented in stats. 

Some of the Doram equipment I can mention are as follows: 

You got the usual monster dropped equipment set for lvl 100, 140 and 175 (which includes the armor, shoes and garment) that also goes as a set to the monster dropped accessories (Cute Grass Necklace [1]Charming Grass Necklace [1]Fresh Grass Necklace [1]) and charms (Basic Saurel Charm [1]Basic Leaf Charm [1]Basic Bunny Charm [1]).

There are also the stand-alone charms (Fresh Tuna Charm [1]Shining Branch Charm [1]Plump Earthworm Charm [1]) which boosts specific skills.

Weapons include the 2 types of Foxtails that also have the ones for lvl 100, 140 and 175.

Then there's also the Illusion 17.1 weapon Electric Fox-OS [2] for magic/supports.

Their OCP based equipment are also great with gives so much boost in their stats/abilities. Some of them are as follows:

P. S. Dorams also have their own shadow equipment which also provides a lot of neat boosts like specific skill dmg increase and specific skill CD reduction.

#6 Zoltor

Zoltor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1345 posts

Posted 31 October 2022 - 07:10 PM

Well, there are some who have opted for support/magic build. Basically, you take both the skill branch for magic and support up to the "Power of Land" and "Power of Sea". With this, you can deal AoE neutral magic damage while also being able to self-sustain thanks to the support spells of Doram. However, due to the skill point limitations (Doram max Job level is only 50), you would not be able to take the higher-level passives "Spirit of Land"/"Spirit of Sea" which improves a lot of their respective branch skills.

I wouldn't really say that Pure Magic build is just a lost cause. Example, once you take the "Power of Land" passive, you have a chance of auto-casting "Silvervine Stem Spear" on attacking enemies while casting "CN Meteor". This makes clearing out mobs much easier as you can deal so much dmg even before you finish casting CN Meteor. Also remember that CN Meteor is like a better neutral element version of Meteor Storm. 

If you are going to go physical build, it would be a huge waste to opt out from taking the higher-level passive "Spirit of Life" as this makes your physical attacking skills deal more dmg based on your remaining HP %. So, while going hybrid Physical/support build is possible, you would not be as strong as a pure physical build due to this limitation. Also, the SP upkeep with all the support spells and spamming attack skills may get challenging specially since physical Dorams are more Str, Vit and Dex oriented in stats. 

Some of the Doram equipment I can mention are as follows: 

You got the usual monster dropped equipment set for lvl 100, 140 and 175 (which includes the armor, shoes and garment) that also goes as a set to the monster dropped accessories (Cute Grass Necklace [1]Charming Grass Necklace [1]Fresh Grass Necklace [1]) and charms (Basic Saurel Charm [1]Basic Leaf Charm [1]Basic Bunny Charm [1]).

There are also the stand-alone charms (Fresh Tuna Charm [1]Shining Branch Charm [1]Plump Earthworm Charm [1]) which boosts specific skills.

Weapons include the 2 types of Foxtails that also have the ones for lvl 100, 140 and 175.

Then there's also the Illusion 17.1 weapon Electric Fox-OS [2] for magic/supports.

Their OCP based equipment are also great with gives so much boost in their stats/abilities. Some of them are as follows:

P. S. Dorams also have their own shadow equipment which also provides a lot of neat boosts like specific skill dmg increase and specific skill CD reduction.

Really, really gravity, a single job with 3 skill trees, and gets to lv over 100, can only get job lv 50. Not as bad as the Ninja-Kegerou job, but come on, 49 skill points is not enough.

Yea I guess I'll go physical then, seems like less of a headache, and I'm not really a fan of pure magic anyway(the maps I favor would eat me alive lol).

However wow those are some sweet equips :)

Thanks

Edited by Zoltor, 31 October 2022 - 07:10 PM.

#7 condySpectrum

condySpectrum

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts
  • LocationSolar System

Posted 31 October 2022 - 09:16 PM

Additional info:

Picky Peck will be your main bread and butter as you can relatively one cast most mobs within your level with it.

It has 1 second of variable cast time which can be dealt with by using 2 Plump Earthworm Charm [1] (available at lvl 100).

It also no cooldown but has a 1 second ACD (After Cast Delay) which is basically the only thing that limits the skills spammability.

Thus, it is well advised to stack up on ACD reduction gears to further enchance DPS. 

Lunatic Carrot Beat will be your main AoE damaging skill. 

Limitations include a FCT (Fixed Casting Time) of 1 second, ACD of 1 second and Skill Cooldown of 6 seconds which makes it a not so spammable ability.

The following equipment can help to reduce this skill's Cooldown limitations:

Now for the FCT limitation:

I personally have had quite some fun with this Lunatic Carrot Beat low cooldown build.

I managed to get the FCT down to zero so it now becomes a no-cast skill.

Then reduced the cooldown to just 1 second so it becomes more spammable, although it deals less dmg than Picky Peck. 

Going this low-Cooldown LCB build will however be quite pricey as getting that extra 0.5 second of FCT reduction either by the over upgraded OCP headgears or the Costume Garment Stones will cost quite a lot.

Your Welcome. Have Fun playing your Kitty Cat Doram~ 

#8 Zoltor

Zoltor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1345 posts

Posted 31 October 2022 - 09:24 PM

Additional info:

Picky Peck will be your main bread and butter as you can relatively one cast most mobs within your level with it.

It has 1 second of variable cast time which can be dealt with by using 2 Plump Earthworm Charm [1] (available at lvl 100).

It also no cooldown but has a 1 second ACD (After Cast Delay) which is basically the only thing that limits the skills spammability.

Thus, it is well advised to stack up on ACD reduction gears to further enchance DPS. 

Lunatic Carrot Beat will be your main AoE damaging skill. 

Limitations include a FCT (Fixed Casting Time) of 1 second, ACD of 1 second and Skill Cooldown of 6 seconds which makes it a not so spammable ability.

The following equipment can help to reduce this skill's Cooldown limitations:

Now for the FCT limitation:

I personally have had quite some fun with this Lunatic Carrot Beat low cooldown build.

I managed to get the FCT down to zero so it now becomes a no-cast skill.

Then reduced the cooldown to just 1 second so it becomes more spammable, although it deals less dmg than Picky Peck. 

Going this low-Cooldown LCB build will however be quite pricey as getting that extra 0.5 second of FCT reduction either by the over upgraded OCP headgears or the Costume Garment Stones will cost quite a lot.

Your Welcome. Have Fun playing your Kitty Cat Doram~ 

Thanks.

I'm planning to get Ancient Hero Boots for atleast 2 of my other characters(probally 3 actually, I bet it would be pretty amazing on my Kagerou as well, so RK,RG, Kagerou, and Summoner)

I love equipment that I can shar between characters(although some of those OCP Doram shoes are nice too)  :)

Edited by Zoltor, 31 October 2022 - 09:26 PM.

#9 clizie

clizie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 336 posts
  • LocationLasagna
  • Server:Lasagna

Posted 24 May 2023 - 02:05 PM

i am interested to make a summoner..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users