Making a RG booster character was such a great move :) - Swordsman Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Making a RG booster character was such a great move :)

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Zoltor

Zoltor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1345 posts

Posted 04 November 2022 - 05:40 AM

Abandoning my old newbie swordie/RG character, and making a booster RG has got to be one of the best decisions I have ever made.  Just wow

The Booster gear is so great, borderline best option, if not thee best option.

For a second I thought the Light Blade might be slightly better, but no even that is slightly worse. Even the garment makes staple high end garments like the +9 FAW seem like trash. The only downside is they're char bound, but damn.

Out of all the jobs to pick as your booster character, RG is probally the best option or one of the best atleast(Monk might be really good as well)

I think the 130 box is going to give out Shadow equips, can't wait to see what they do.

#2 EdwardEG

EdwardEG

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 604 posts
  • LocationWarga +62
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 05 November 2022 - 12:36 AM

The shadow gear is a Shadow Transcendetal Set: https://www.divine-p...ntal-time-armor

I had my RG as 2021 booster char. It was helpful. Even thought I chose wrong set (i picked Attacker Booster set because i was confused at first lol) and i had to pick Grace 17.1 equipment sets but those shadow gears were really helpful.

#3 Zoltor

Zoltor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1345 posts

Posted 05 November 2022 - 05:11 AM

The shadow gear is a Shadow Transcendetal Set: https://www.divine-p...ntal-time-armor

I had my RG as 2021 booster char. It was helpful. Even thought I chose wrong set (i picked Attacker Booster set because i was confused at first lol) and i had to pick Grace 17.1 equipment sets but those shadow gears were really helpful.

Hm that armor is nice for sure, thanks for showing me.

However there's no upgrade bonuses, this makes me wonder what the lv 150, and 175 boxes will have(I'm pretty sure you get boxes for those 2 level bench marks.

#4 EdwardEG

EdwardEG

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 604 posts
  • LocationWarga +62

Posted 05 November 2022 - 03:14 PM

The other boxes have no equipments. They are just buff items. The end goal box was just a costume

#5 Zoltor

Zoltor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1345 posts

Posted 05 November 2022 - 04:49 PM

The other boxes have no equipments. They are just buff items. The end goal box was just a costume

Oh ok, well that's some stress off my back then, thanks(although a higher shadow set would've been nice, I'm happy), thanks.

#6 slayerherosk2222

slayerherosk2222

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 784 posts
  • LocationHeaven

Posted 08 January 2023 - 12:17 AM

Abandoning my old newbie swordie/RG character, and making a booster RG has got to be one of the best decisions I have ever made.  Just wow

The Booster gear is so great, borderline best option, if not thee best option.

For a second I thought the Light Blade might be slightly better, but no even that is slightly worse. Even the garment makes staple high end garments like the +9 FAW seem like trash. The only downside is they're char bound, but damn.

Out of all the jobs to pick as your booster character, RG is probally the best option or one of the best atleast(Monk might be really good as well)

I think the 130 box is going to give out Shadow equips, can't wait to see what they do.

Hi, if i want to make a newbie RG.

should i go MATK or ATK for leveling?

Overbrand or Genesis Ray?

I am a bit of confused. the booster spear seems to be no effect with ATK set... so want some suggestions. 

#7 EdwardEG

EdwardEG

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 604 posts
  • LocationWarga +62

Posted 08 January 2023 - 05:38 PM

If you have CVB, go for MATK build for AoE levelling. Grand Cross when you are sader/pally and Genesis Ray when you're RG.

Genesis Ray is fully buffed now especially with the Inspiration buff that can be used repeatedly without costing 1% base exp. It also has wider AoE spread than Overbrand.

You should use Defiant set with booster spear, or Grace 17.1 genesis armor set.

#8 slayerherosk2222

slayerherosk2222

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 784 posts
  • LocationHeaven

Posted 08 January 2023 - 10:34 PM

If you have CVB, go for MATK build for AoE levelling. Grand Cross when you are sader/pally and Genesis Ray when you're RG.

Genesis Ray is fully buffed now especially with the Inspiration buff that can be used repeatedly without costing 1% base exp. It also has wider AoE spread than Overbrand.

You should use Defiant set with booster spear, or Grace 17.1 genesis armor set.

Thank you very much!!!

what should my stats looks like?

main on INT? Dex up to 120?

#9 EdwardEG

EdwardEG

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 604 posts
  • LocationWarga +62

Posted 09 January 2023 - 11:51 AM

Thank you very much!!!

what should my stats looks like?

main on INT? Dex up to 120?

120 INT + 120 DEX rest goes to VIT..

assuming that you have equipment that has -0.5 FCT (from booster set +10 shoes / grace +9 shoes / Temp DEX shoes) with inspiration and +20 stats food, its possible to insta cast without the need to use any VCT reduction eq or even Themis Balance/divine guard hat

#10 slayerherosk2222

slayerherosk2222

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 09 January 2023 - 05:22 PM

assuming that you have equipment that has -0.5 FCT (from booster set +10 shoes / grace +9 shoes / Temp DEX shoes) with inspiration and +20 stats food, its possible to insta cast without the need to use any VCT reduction eq or even Themis Balance/divine guard hat

Probably, i won't spend foods on this Char, but the leveling before 100lv. is pretty good.. just 2 days.. now it is an RG...lol...

But, i didn't feel it is strong yet. hopefully, may catch its strength later. 

#11 slayerherosk2222

slayerherosk2222

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 12 January 2023 - 12:48 AM

when it is at lv 130, where to level would be better? I tried Dragon nest, it needs 4 casts of Genesis Ray. it is not efficient. 

High ti is no doable now, long HP bar monsters.

do you have any suggestions?

#12 EdwardEG

EdwardEG

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 604 posts
  • LocationWarga +62

Posted 12 January 2023 - 08:51 PM

You can try at El Discastes Field 01 (After exiting Scaraba Dungeon 01 to the right). You can one shot ALL monsters there and they are all available through bounty board quests (You can even turn in twice for Tatacho in Manuk and El Discastes bounty board). The map have lots of mobs.

Once you've reached Level 140, you can kill Mimings & Fatums outside Mora village (bifrost field 01) for its bounty board

Then when you reached Level 150, you can also start level up in Under Bunker (requires to do Phantasmagorica quest) and kill the mobs for 150-170 bounty quest. Although it has annoying camera view, but the mobs over there spawns like no tomorrow especially in Nurse Napplad + Grape Harvest sector.

^ These locations were the places that i levelled up my Genesis Ray RG very quick

#13 slayerherosk2222

slayerherosk2222

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 14 January 2023 - 07:42 PM

You can try at El Discastes Field 01 (After exiting Scaraba Dungeon 01 to the right). You can one shot ALL monsters there and they are all available through bounty board quests (You can even turn in twice for Tatacho in Manuk and El Discastes bounty board). The map have lots of mobs.

Once you've reached Level 140, you can kill Mimings & Fatums outside Mora village (bifrost field 01) for its bounty board

Then when you reached Level 150, you can also start level up in Under Bunker (requires to do Phantasmagorica quest) and kill the mobs for 150-170 bounty quest. Although it has annoying camera view, but the mobs over there spawns like no tomorrow especially in Nurse Napplad + Grape Harvest sector.

^ These locations were the places that i levelled up my Genesis Ray RG very quick

Thank you.. this TI is ok, i think i will get to 150 by TI now.

then probably illusion turtle.

#14 slayerherosk2222

slayerherosk2222

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 15 January 2023 - 01:03 PM

Thank you.. this TI is ok, i think i will get to 150 by TI now.

then probably illusion turtle.

In High TI, I saw someone hit like 500k while I was doing 90k as damage.

so huge different..

looks like there are some other method to bump up the damage a lot.

could anyone think of anything? 

I don't see much equipment to bump up Genesis Ray damage. Maybe, other thoughts? 

#15 EdwardEG

EdwardEG

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 604 posts
  • LocationWarga +62

Posted 15 January 2023 - 08:29 PM

In High TI, I saw someone hit like 500k while I was doing 90k as damage.

so huge different..

looks like there are some other method to bump up the damage a lot.

could anyone think of anything? 

I don't see much equipment to bump up Genesis Ray damage. Maybe, other thoughts? 

Other than EQ that increases genesis ray damage such as Divine Guard Hat / Light Blade, there are many factors for increasing MATK damage

Those for example: Overupgraded Excellion shield, Temporal INT manteau, Illusion armor/Leg type B with enchants, celine dress/brooch. Just think as if you are making a highend equipment such as warlock/sorcerer/bishop

#16 slayerherosk2222

slayerherosk2222

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 16 January 2023 - 09:29 AM

Other than EQ that increases genesis ray damage such as Divine Guard Hat / Light Blade, there are many factors for increasing MATK damage

Those for example: Overupgraded Excellion shield, Temporal INT manteau, Illusion armor/Leg type B with enchants, celine dress/brooch. Just think as if you are making a highend equipment such as warlock/sorcerer/bishop

Thanks.

It looks like MATK is the main thing to focus. 

#17 slayerherosk2222

slayerherosk2222

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 08 February 2023 - 11:32 AM

after TI, the lvling speed is way too slow...

i am trying Illusion Turtle. But with BMx3, it is still not good.

do you have suggestions for level 153 to level? Thanks

#18 EdwardEG

EdwardEG

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 604 posts
  • LocationWarga +62

Posted 08 February 2023 - 02:48 PM

#19 slayerherosk2222

slayerherosk2222

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 09 February 2023 - 09:12 AM

Sorry, forgot you mentioned this before. 

The quest is long, maybe, i will solve this during a weekend... let's see.

154 with 1 bmx3 in Illusion Turtle is about 1 lvl.... slow like turtle.....hahahah

#20 slayerherosk2222

slayerherosk2222

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 11 February 2023 - 11:17 AM

Tired out underground bunker....

hmmmm. kinda disappointed. the individual exp is too low. with the running from map to map for turn-in, i think that is kinda similar to illusion turtle. 

sigh.... thanks anyways!

#21 slayerherosk2222

slayerherosk2222

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 11 February 2023 - 01:17 PM

Tired out underground bunker....

hmmmm. kinda disappointed. the individual exp is too low. with the running from map to map for turn-in, i think that is kinda similar to illusion turtle. 

sigh.... thanks anyways!

Suddenly notice that......

Clock Tower is still efficient... i can do like 4-5 rounds per book

from 157-160 used 1 book... 

good for now.. 

if anyone has other faster suggestions, i would like to hear your thought.. good luck everyone 

#22 pucapuca

pucapuca

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 12 February 2023 - 02:21 AM

Suddenly notice that......

Clock Tower is still efficient... i can do like 4-5 rounds per book

from 157-160 used 1 book... 

good for now.. 

if anyone has other faster suggestions, i would like to hear your thought.. good luck everyone 

can u tell me ur build skill stat and gear sir?

#23 slayerherosk2222

slayerherosk2222

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 13 February 2023 - 10:18 PM

can u tell me ur build skill stat and gear sir?

kinda standardized..

booster spear

divine hat

mob set

illusion matk armor and wings

Themis Balance x 2

booster shoes

D/I 120

A/V 70

It is relatively quick, one shot bells with inspiration. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users