Best Starter Classes ? - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Best Starter Classes ?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 LordInuyasha

LordInuyasha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 12 January 2023 - 01:37 AM

Hey Yall im comming back to RO after a verry verry long time so im fairly out of the loop u mine aswell call me new Im currently looking for Best starter classes to come back to the game with i dont mind spending a bit aswell cuz im planning on buying Vip too But Anyway Ive done some digging and currently ive saw that merchant start is good especially if u plan to be a alchemist it seems they did say it was slow but i do not mind how slow its going to be because i have quite a bit of free time after work And i also saw that ranger is a big one but ive never really been a fan of ranged classes tbh i dont mind playing mage tho. So i was just wondering what do u guys think ?

#2 pimpineasy

pimpineasy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 12 January 2023 - 12:30 PM

Warpportal allows 3 accounts per email.

Best FIrst Class is Merchant

Make 1 account your main with chars you want to play account 2 a Priest and the 3rd account a Merchant.

Have the priest follow your merchant or the merchant follow priest with /noshift /noctrl then shift+right click the character to follow

Level the merchant to at least jlvl 30 ish for Vending 10 Vend slave

Each account should have a Vend 10 slave this lets you do 1+1 leveling while vending or 3 afk venders

Maining merchant with a priest first isn't a bad idea he gets access to an AOE fairly early.

You'll have access to most party buffs and heals. You can reset him into a Forger to make elemental weapons. Your priest can warp you to your leveling location.

You can also do a 1+2 party (main account w/ Priest & Merchant following) but its a little harder to manage in the early game with no gears.

For example, you could do 2 merchants and a acolyte. 

If your not willing to Multi box 

Best first Class non Multibox Wizard

Generally classes with only 2 main stats are easiest.

For example, a  ME priest and a Safety wall wizard only use INT/DEX then add vit later.

Hunters also use AGI/DEX  but arrows cost money, thankfully, there are player buy shops sell your loot there. 

Wizards allow early access to high damage AOE

ME priest allow undead aoe with heals and buffs

Hunters are single target killers mostly with there sp pool being a lot worse like physical fighters 

Try +5 sp cards after kill on physical for physical aoe/skill spammer builds.

I have some in payon for sell. 

Edited by pimpineasy, 12 January 2023 - 01:39 PM.

#3 LordInuyasha

LordInuyasha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 13 January 2023 - 12:58 AM

yea im not a big fan of having multiple clients i can definitely give acolyte a go im not opposed to support is it hard finding leveling parties in this game ?

#4 EdwardEG

EdwardEG

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 605 posts
  • LocationWarga +62
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 13 January 2023 - 03:51 AM

People tend to go solo these days. You can still find parties in Gramps TI though.

For creating alchemist (genetic), it is indeed a good class at later gameplay period. Especially now that Homun is easy to level (except they still havent fixed the tablet to increase intimacy) till you can utilize homun S skills to strengthen your genetic (preferably Dieter or Sera).

The only problem is it isnt recommended to use this as a first char. You better earn starter zeny using blacksmith class and use Greed Skill to loot in Low TIs. At this moment, the mob loots are good for low TI especially headless mule + mavka cards can be sold at high price.

The heavy cost of this class is simply because homun has 30 minutes timer and you need seed of life to Call Homun which cost 45k zeny (after discount lv 10) per use. As well as using acid Terror skill that costs acid bottle (needs immortal heart to craft) to level up. Its possible to do use AoE using demonstration but Bottle Grenade is very expensive. So you rather just spam acid bottle and one shot a monster every single time. During the time i level up my alchemist i used acid terror to one shot Dark Priests which is easy to level up till lv 99 (and you'll be doing the same thing again as Biochemist).

Later on, you can easily level up during the period where you reached Genetic using Cart Cannon for AoE skills and with some homun S skills, also FCP to protect your weapon and equipment from breaking/stripped when fighting against certain MVPs. Also gene cart boost skill is really making this class to move the fastest among all other classes which is really good. Hope it helps.

#5 LordInuyasha

LordInuyasha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 13 January 2023 - 12:01 PM

People tend to go solo these days. You can still find parties in Gramps TI though.

For creating alchemist (genetic), it is indeed a good class at later gameplay period. Especially now that Homun is easy to level (except they still havent fixed the tablet to increase intimacy) till you can utilize homun S skills to strengthen your genetic (preferably Dieter or Sera).

The only problem is it isnt recommended to use this as a first char. You better earn starter zeny using blacksmith class and use Greed Skill to loot in Low TIs. At this moment, the mob loots are good for low TI especially headless mule + mavka cards can be sold at high price.

The heavy cost of this class is simply because homun has 30 minutes timer and you need seed of life to Call Homun which cost 45k zeny (after discount lv 10) per use. As well as using acid Terror skill that costs acid bottle (needs immortal heart to craft) to level up. Its possible to do use AoE using demonstration but Bottle Grenade is very expensive. So you rather just spam acid bottle and one shot a monster every single time. During the time i level up my alchemist i used acid terror to one shot Dark Priests which is easy to level up till lv 99 (and you'll be doing the same thing again as Biochemist).

Later on, you can easily level up during the period where you reached Genetic using Cart Cannon for AoE skills and with some homun S skills, also FCP to protect your weapon and equipment from breaking/stripped when fighting against certain MVPs. Also gene cart boost skill is really making this class to move the fastest among all other classes which is really good. Hope it helps.

So cuz like i said i dont mind spending a bit of real life cash can i exchange shop items for a bit of zeny then go alchemist for my main ? Because having a pet running around fast and stuff sounds cool af tbh

Edited by LordInuyasha, 13 January 2023 - 12:01 PM.

#6 EdwardEG

EdwardEG

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 605 posts
  • LocationWarga +62
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 14 January 2023 - 05:42 PM

So cuz like i said i dont mind spending a bit of real life cash can i exchange shop items for a bit of zeny then go alchemist for my main ? Because having a pet running around fast and stuff sounds cool af tbh

Yes.. It's great class and benefit to be played for long term

#7 LordInuyasha

LordInuyasha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 15 January 2023 - 01:36 AM

sounds like a plan ill do that then :D

#8 LordInuyasha

LordInuyasha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 18 January 2023 - 01:02 AM

chaos is a good server to start on right ?

#9 pimpineasy

pimpineasy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 18 January 2023 - 05:55 PM

Freya is new server but it seems to be dead already im on chaos with most active users. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users