Anyone from the old guard still playing? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Anyone from the old guard still playing?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Onyx

Onyx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 26 January 2023 - 09:17 AM

I've been playing since 2004, and lately I've been on a nostalgia kick. I've thinking about the early years of iRO and the old guilds and alliances and personalities from that time.

Does anyone from that era still play? Just curious to see if there is anyone else who remembers the days of yore. 

It's very much a different game than it was, but some of that undefinable mystique from way back when is still present today.

#2 paths19

paths19

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 26 January 2023 - 06:18 PM

I vaguely remember playing the beta and seeing players making trains of like 50 mummies in some cave. I also remember some players figured out how to get behind the portals and they would drop 2 hand swords and watch all the new players (me included) try to grab them but we would just portal to the next map in disappointment. Been playing off and on ever since then. Every time I come back it feels like visiting an old friend!

#3 Debonair

Debonair

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 27 January 2023 - 07:29 AM

I had played from open beta up until about 2008, then quit for a while, came back for a bit in 2015-2016, quit again, then started playing again this past October.

It's still a comfy game to play. I will take my high level characters and just walk around the Geffen field maps, Mt Mjolnir, etc, and listen to the music and stuff.

Edited by Debonair, 27 January 2023 - 07:30 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users