• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 boomass

boomass

I am New.

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 February 2023 - 06:11 PM

Hi. I guess it's kinda stupid question, but could it be done? I mean back in the days there was an option to run game via wine, and now we have proton for better and more smooth experience. But anticheat didn't look kindly on linux users and just cut me from steam client. With the Steam Proton gaming on linux is easier than before. But I guess it's just not worth it to create new vulnerabilities for linux users, at least yet.

#2 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 08 February 2023 - 09:26 AM

Sadly I have to disappoint you. Linux and MacOS never were officially supported and there are no plans to support Linux and MacOS in the future.

#3 boomass

boomass

I am New.

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 February 2023 - 11:35 AM

Sad, seriously... But I guess there is a little profit in trying to make anticheat behave with proton without breaking what already working just fine. It could seem easier to rework some of anticheat behavior for outsider like me (easier than rewrite whole client not easy in a way that could offend you I hope), but again it's just work pulled out of nowhere when you already constantly supporting game... I just thought with all this hubub about steam's proton there is some hope, but linux not that much popular as typical user's OS. And online games is a sore spot for proton as it's now. Thanks for fast answer and have a nice day.

Edited by boomass, 08 February 2023 - 06:51 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users