[Farming Guide] Papila Cae and Ruba Cards - Guides and Quests - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[Farming Guide] Papila Cae and Ruba Cards

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 3096230415192656890

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 71 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 29 June 2023 - 03:30 AM

1. Introduction

A guide to at least have more than one shot at Ruba and Cae per Floating Garden Instance. Works for both Normal and Hard.

2. General Process

Every 30 seconds in the boss room, a teleport is triggered and the player is warped randomly to one of the four passageways to the centre of the room. Shortly after the teleport, poison clouds will appear in a 5 x 3 rectangle at your warp point and attempt to kill you. When the poison clouds appear, a fresh Papila Ruba and Papila Cae will spawn in the centre of the map. These can be killed for card drops. Proof available once I can figure out how to insert a picture.

3. Optimizing

A. Dealing with the Silva/Gran Papila

Obviously leaving the mvp to keep smacking you is not ideal. Simply kite it to one of the far corners. The map teleport will automatically disengage you and it will (hopefully) stay there for the next gour.

B. Preventing the Teleport

Once you've left the mvp in a corner, the next step is to create conditions conducive to let you turn off your brain. The trick to the teleport is that after the teleport, there is a short 10s window for your character to get to the exact centre of the map. Once you have achieved this, the teleport will no longer warp you to the poison clouds, but will instead repeatedly teleport you to the centre of the map, incidentally right on top of the cell where the Cae and Ruba spawn. You can now multitask and alt tab back to kill some butterflies whenever you hear the sound of the mobs attacking.

4. Notes

Is this a good way to farm? It depends on the player really. It drags out a 5 minute instance into a 1 hour instance, but also guarantees you ~100 spawns of both Cae and Ruba over that hour. With the cards as rare as they are so many months after, I figure people don't really know about it yet. If people are already fully aware of this, or would rather not have this guide, let me know and i'll delete it.

#2 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9327 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 29 June 2023 - 09:05 AM

Just log off after killing the papillas and set a timer to log back in when they respawn, saves gum time and avoids the teleport.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users