VModIceCreamCake's Annual Review - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

VModIceCreamCake's Annual Review

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 Zangeon

Zangeon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 206 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 10 September 2023 - 02:31 PM

If you want to start a topic in the Community Chat section about how I'm doing I'd love to give it a read and take some feedback from my fellow forum goers and Midgardians.

So Folks, Hows our favorite IceCreamCake doing?

I'm still curious what flavor you are tbh - so I'm going with a 7/10 until I know the answer.

#2 crystalerLM

crystalerLM

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 10 September 2023 - 03:18 PM

Well. Now I highly suspect our VMod is colluded with the famous b*** duper. 

It does not seem that she is doing anything good for the forum,  but just delete useful feedbacks and players' comments,  to create a fake "harmony and prosperity" on the forum.

If VMod is really a player as she said herself,  she should be aware (and be angry, even mad, of course) of current disconnecting issue, and our server is flooded with the duped BsB, etc.  In the forum, she never helps other players care about the disconnecting issue, but keep deleting other players' posts on their concern (even those concern is helpful for the well-being of the game).  Especially, as long as someone pointed out that duping items makes the server down, she will delete the posts, and never allow other players to talk about the duper, with a weird excuse "go send a ticket with your proof instead of typing on the forum".

They only reasonable explanation is the b*** duper paid the VMod for deleting those posts.  "Volunteer" means that WP does not pay her for managing the forum, but it does not mean a third party does not pay her.

Edited by crystalerLM, 10 September 2023 - 03:20 PM.

#3 iriisss

iriisss

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 88 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 September 2023 - 03:38 PM

Not a fan. 

Deleting and locking negative comments from players because they are 'repetitive' - c'mon they are all genuine, not spammed by one person with different accounts. Some companies collect voice of customers because they value what customers think. While in WP forums customers' voice get frequently deleted. WP nowadays is like 'we want your money and support but no bad comments here'.  this is just absurd.

While most of the veterans here are aware of the duplicated items related issue,  Vmod either deleted, locked or warned the players for bringing this issue to the forum. Is this topic against the forum rules? If not why we're not allow to discuss? (NOTE I'm not mentioning a name here so if you delete post without mentioning a name, something is not right)

Edited by iriisss, 10 September 2023 - 04:37 PM.

#4 QYakkun

QYakkun

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 10 September 2023 - 04:26 PM

She said she is just a normal player.

But as I know, normal player can't play this game anymore because of the DC issue. (lot of map servers were down)

We can't level up, we can't make transcendent, we can't sell item or buy item from vend. 

Normal players were driven out of game, so they came to forum, complain and discuss about the issuses.

And their topics and comments were deleted by other "normal player".

"Make IRO great again" seems to be ironic,lol

#5 jw13774327123

jw13774327123

I am New.

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 September 2023 - 04:49 PM

No wonder. I just played this server for 2 month. And on 7 Sep, when I found my item lost in offline shop and my main character cannot connect, I go to the forum looking for answers. Guess what, no one is talking about this. Lmao.

#6 Zangeon

Zangeon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 10 September 2023 - 04:49 PM

Also; Lets try and keep this constructive. I know I was a tad bit silly with it - but at least they can read and see if there are any improvements that can be made.

#7 VModIceCreamCake

VModIceCreamCake

Amateur Blogger

• WarpPortal VM
  • 322 posts
  • LocationWest Coast, USA

Posted 10 September 2023 - 04:58 PM

I'll try to reply when I have time to most of these.

Also for those playing along at home you can see how well my answers line up with the main forum rules, and the addendums on bullying and what is allowed to be posted.

It does not seem that she is doing anything good for the forum,  but just delete useful feedbacks and players' comments,  to create a fake "harmony and prosperity" on the forum.

If VMod is really a player as she said herself,  she should be aware (and be angry, even mad, of course) of current disconnecting issue, and our server is flooded with the duped BsB, etc.  In the forum, she never helps other players care about the disconnecting issue, but keep deleting other players' posts on their concern (even those concern is helpful for the well-being of the game).  Especially, as long as someone pointed out that duping items makes the server down, she will delete the posts, and never allow other players to talk about the duper, with a weird excuse "go send a ticket with your proof instead of typing on the forum".

They only reasonable explanation is the b*** duper paid the VMod for deleting those posts.  "Volunteer" means that WP does not pay her for managing the forum, but it does not mean a third party does not pay her.

Per the forum rules:

"Any posts that singles out a player to issue a slanderous comment regarding an issue that started in-game will be removed from the general view without any warning. Continued posting such slander will be considered as ongoing harassment and will not be tolerated by the moderation staff. If an issue regarding the abuse of a in-game rules happens then that abuse and situation needs to be reported via the appropriate channels such as the Submit a Ticket system."
So calling someone a bug exploiter and accusing them of illegally remotely damaging a computer system (a felony in the USA) is serious libel and a forum or social media site hosting such claims can be liable for damages if those claims were to stay public. So I removed them.

As to never helping people, I'd like to think the community has a better answer to some questions than I have so I tend to wait a day or two then maybe post a response if no answer was given. But since this big patch I've been sharing what I could of work-arounds for the EAC issues and other problems I know solutions for.

For your last point I assure you no third party is bribing me and everything I've moderated was to keep things in line with my understanding of the forum rules.

Not a fan. 

Deleting and locking negative comments from players because they are 'repetitive' - c'mon they are all genuine, not spammed by one person with different accounts. Some companies collect voice of customers because they value what customers think. While in WP forums customers' voice get frequently deleted. WP nowadays is like 'we want your money and support but no bad comments here'.  this is just absurd.

While most of the veterans here are aware of the duplicated items related issue,  Vmod either deleted, locked or warned the players for bringing this issue to the forum. Is this topic against the forum rules? If not why we're not allow to discuss? (NOTE I'm not mentioning a name here so if you delete post without mentioning a name, something is not right)

Per the rules:

"No Spamming, Thread Bumping or Thread Necroing."

Personally I see bandwagoning (many lightly associated accounts doing the same thing) as a form of spam. What one says well once isn't improved by a chorus echoing often copy/pasted opinions. So potentially I'm overzealous with this today and I'll do my best to show more restraint going forwards. Didn't think anyone would mind seeing the 50th message of the style 'never received X on my rodex' be cleaned up but hey now I know.

WP does have a CM team that does love to hear from their communities, but these few employees cover communities of literal millions of players. So oftentimes the feedback collected here on the forum takes quite a while to be curated as some other avenues for contacting the company have been prioritized (e.g. social media).

From the rules:

Fear, Uncertainty, Doubt

• Attempting to spread fear, uncertainty and doubt on the forums will not be tolerated.

WP has always insisted that no bad comments are allowed on their forums.

As for the duping issue I touched on that above so please read that part.

Edited by VModIceCreamCake, 10 September 2023 - 05:13 PM.

#8 neko1231

neko1231

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 721 posts

Posted 10 September 2023 - 05:18 PM

I'll try to reply when I have time to most of these.

Also for those playing along at home you can see how well my answers line up with the main forum rules, and the addendums on bullying and what is allowed to be posted.

Per the forum rules:

"Any posts that singles out a player to issue a slanderous comment regarding an issue that started in-game will be removed from the general view without any warning. Continued posting such slander will be considered as ongoing harassment and will not be tolerated by the moderation staff. If an issue regarding the abuse of a in-game rules happens then that abuse and situation needs to be reported via the appropriate channels such as the Submit a Ticket system."
So calling someone a bug exploiter and accusing them of illegally remotely damaging a computer system (a felony in the USA) is serious libel and a forum or social media site hosting such claims can be liable for damages if those claims were to stay public. So I removed them.

As to never helping people, I'd like to think the community has a better answer to some questions than I have so I tend to wait a day or two then maybe post a response if no answer was given. But since this big patch I've been sharing what I could of work-arounds for the EAC issues and other problems I know solutions for.

For your last point I assure you no third party is bribing me and everything I've moderated was to keep things in line with my understanding of the forum rules.

I don't think anyone has ever called out any legal name on forum right? Many people are just saying the (very) likely existence of a duper and never even released his full in-game name, what rules did those guys break? Isn't forum another way to report issues given how slow your GMs are when process tickets? I remember CMMayari used to take great care of anything reported here on forum, I am just very curious why you were doing the opposite and defend that potential duper so hard (even use USA laws on a potentially non-USA citizen lol)?

Personally I still don't understand why you remove repeated comments, for example, many people experience the same issue in game, and then reported here within close time, you think that's repetitive? Instead of removing those, why don't you read them through, and at least make some chart about what are the current "top" concerns here? Removing and blocking people from commenting about their issues (even though others might have already done) is sort of a discrimination to me. Why only the first people stating the issue will be kept? 

No one is trying to spread fear or doubt here, everyone just loves the game as you do. If you like the servers being crashed everyday, then that is another story :)

You first needs to be neutral as a vmod, not like when you enforce rules, you say "they trust my judgement", and when you are criticized on your point, you say "I am just another player". Double standard doesn't help solve the issue at all :). If you feel being a Vmod is too much, I agree with what some other player said earlier, you can resign and enjoy your real life since you probably won't lose anything from your vmod role.

Edited by neko1231, 10 September 2023 - 05:30 PM.

#9 VanishingPoint

VanishingPoint

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1246 posts

Posted 10 September 2023 - 05:27 PM

VMod is as biased just as this thread is going to get locked/deleted since it does not serve the mod or her master's best interests. They will continue to delete posts that does not fit their interests and not that of the community. I think it's time for VMod to step down since she is clearly useless and is no longer needed by the community.

#10 forthrallwow1

forthrallwow1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 10 September 2023 - 05:27 PM

From the rules:

Fear, Uncertainty, Doubt

• Attempting to spread fear, uncertainty and doubt on the forums will not be tolerated.

This is very unclear though. What is considered "spread"? If a player is doubting something and they question it on the forum, is that "spread"?

If no one is allowed to show fear, uncertainty or doubt, what does this forum do anyways?

The original meaning of this rule should be: purposefully make others fear, feel uncertain, or doubt based on fake or made up information.

Extending the range of forum rules is not appropriate.

#11 seanhop80

seanhop80

I am New.

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 September 2023 - 05:32 PM

Quote -
Personally I see bandwagoning (many lightly associated accounts doing the same thing) as a form of spam.
Quote end -

I don’t think it’s any form of abuse or something to say there are one or more dupers exist in this server. In my opinion, it’s definitely a legit callout because more and more legit players have been aware of this unlimited amount of BSB supplement is connected to the server down time.

Keep it in mind, your job is not to bury the truth to form a fake harmony - on the contrary, to listen to what players said and stand with them to escalate the issue to the stakeholders if needed.

Edited by seanhop80, 10 September 2023 - 08:54 PM.

#12 forthrallwow1

forthrallwow1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 10 September 2023 - 05:49 PM

Quote -
Personally I see bandwagoning (many lightly associated accounts doing the same thing) as a form of spam.
Quote end -

I don’t think it’s any form of abuse or something to say there are one or more dupers exist in this server. In my opinion, it’s definitely a legit callout because more and more legit players have been aware of this unlimited amount of BSB supplement is connected to the server down time.

Keep it in mind, your job is not to bury the truth to form a fake harmony - on the contrary, to listen to what players said and stand with them to escalate the issue to the stakeholders if needed.

Not just BSB. He had been selling NPC items at a much lower price than cost for a very long time and the activity is very likely related to server going down. You can check this post if you haven't before https://forums.warpp...ore +frequently

It's highly suspicious but as normal players, we don't have a camera towards his computer so we can't technically have firm proof. This shouldn't be a reason we can't discuss this at all though.

#13 6773131031232342973

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1484 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Violet
  • Server:Best ragnarok

Posted 10 September 2023 - 05:54 PM

0/10 he banned me lol

#14 4579211005162558513

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 80 posts
  • Server:Yes

Posted 10 September 2023 - 05:54 PM

Like look, I'm clearly biased based on what I've seen so far but for me, it's specifically the comment deleting.

I'm not so much of an hypocrite that I can't see the value of a VMod ICC because profanity towards somebody shouldn't be tolerated as the forum needs to keep a fair amount of civility towards the staff or other users, but I just can't see how you could just blatantly side with WP and their attitude on this fiasco.

How much respect you expect me to have for somebody who definitively doesn't have any respect for the fanbase releasing an update on the absolute state it's currently in, I mean it's a miracle the game barely works and it hasn't completely shut down but each hour it pases a new section of the game gets bugged, characters get stuck with no word from the people responsible for it.

I had to wait 8hrs for them to sent an automated response for a ticket I sent them regarding an issue.

If WP had any respect for it's players they should've worked on the weekend trying to fix this mess but nope, there they go with their long weekend and we're LUCKY we don't have a holiday in between although most likely no issue will be fixed UNTIL THE SERVER MAINTENANCE ON THURSDAY.

tl;dr VMod ICC is necessary and I'm sure the bias I see it's because WP's staff must be terrific, filled with great human beings who enjoy walks on the beach and all the good stuff and let me be real clear this is nothing personal against ICC or WP's staff but they are absolutely terrible at conducting updates and managing the content. 

No voice should be more important than other's regardless if I agree with what they say or not, we're talking facts and the server is a complete mess.

#15 VModIceCreamCake

VModIceCreamCake

Amateur Blogger

• WarpPortal VM
  • 322 posts

Posted 10 September 2023 - 06:10 PM

I don't think anyone has ever called out any legal name on forum right? Many people are just saying the (very) likely existence of a duper and never even released his full in-game name, what rules did those guys break? Isn't forum another way to report issues given how slow your GMs are when process tickets? I remember CMMayari used to take great care of anything reported here on forum, I am just very curious why you were doing the opposite and defend that potential duper so hard (even use USA laws on a potentially non-USA citizen lol)?

Personally I still don't understand why you remove repeated comments, for example, many people experience the same issue in game, and then reported here within close time, you think that's repetitive? Instead of removing those, why don't you read them through, and at least make some chart about what are the current "top" concerns here? Removing and blocking people from commenting about their issues is sort of a discrimination to me. Why only the first people stating the issue will be kept? 

So as far as I saw no legal names were listed but there were constant messages with the in-game names of the couple of suspected people accused of organizing the duping.

Maybe I'm totally wrong on this but in general accusing someone of being a criminal and much less importantly, accusing them of cheating in an MMO are to me both severe harassment of those people. Additionally when it is done on an on-going basis by a crowd of people it doesn't make the accusations any more sound but it could open the place hosting those accusations up to further legal issues. So with the harassment in mind the messages are edited or removed to keep the harassing accounts in good standing and not in need of further warnings or eventual bans.

As for the forum's role in reporting game issues, No it 100% is NOT the proper way to report game issues to the GMs. Stating issues publicly so others can also cheat in a similar way is not helpful! WP has asked players to use the ticket/email system to privately inform them of those issues. Also as for Mayari I can't think of a single time they helped on a ticket related to someone cheating or times where they would just proactively help someone with an in-game issue, but I can think of plenty of times where she helped people write tickets and otherwise help on tickets which were already made.

As for the repeated comments part of what I'm asked to do is to help foster discussions. No discussion can happen if every other message is about a known issue which has no solution or ETA and also is making people very upset. So that was why the later messages were removed. Beyond that, letting others vent their frustrations is not the point of a maintenance topic so to me all those concerns were off topic. Also if not removed those messages tend to very quickly devolve into trolling or other rule breaking when done in such a high traffic topic.

Anyone who wanted to post those same messages elsewhere continues to be free to do so but the maintenance topic should be about short-term feedback on new content before individual topics can be made later like has been the case for well over a decade here on the forum.

Also to your last question, the reason the earlier messages were kept was the first people mentioning an issue can show others in the community when the issue came to people's attention which some people find helpful.

#16 neko1231

neko1231

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 721 posts

Posted 10 September 2023 - 06:59 PM

So as far as I saw no legal names were listed but there were constant messages with the in-game names of the couple of suspected people accused of organizing the duping.
Maybe I'm totally wrong on this but in general accusing someone of being a criminal and much less importantly, accusing them of cheating in an MMO are to me both severe harassment of those people. Additionally when it is done on an on-going basis by a crowd of people it doesn't make the accusations any more sound but it could open the place hosting those accusations up to further legal issues. So with the harassment in mind the messages are edited or removed to keep the harassing accounts in good standing and not in need of further warnings or eventual bans.

As for the forum's role in reporting game issues, No it 100% is NOT the proper way to report game issues to the GMs. Stating issues publicly so others can also cheat in a similar way is not helpful! WP has asked players to use the ticket/email system to privately inform them of those issues. Also as for Mayari I can't think of a single time they helped on a ticket related to someone cheating or times where they would just proactively help someone with an in-game issue, but I can think of plenty of times where she helped people write tickets and otherwise help on tickets which were already made.

As for the repeated comments part of what I'm asked to do is to help foster discussions. No discussion can happen if every other message is about a known issue which has no solution or ETA and also is making people very upset. So that was why the later messages were removed. Beyond that, letting others vent their frustrations is not the point of a maintenance topic so to me all those concerns were off topic. Also if not removed those messages tend to very quickly devolve into trolling or other rule breaking when done in such a high traffic topic.
Anyone who wanted to post those same messages elsewhere continues to be free to do so but the maintenance topic should be about short-term feedback on new content before individual topics can be made later like has been the case for well over a decade here on the forum.
Also to your last question, the reason the earlier messages were kept was the first people mentioning an issue can show others in the community when the issue came to people's attention which some people find helpful.

First of all, when you say ongoing harassment, how do you prove that guy mentioned by a crowd of people is innocent. Bad mouth on an innocent person is harassing, but on a real “criminal” is NOT. I don’t think that crowd is so boring to call it out, and I also believe they must have sent tickets to your GMs with some proof already and got nonsense response (I did experience that a lot). The disconnection issue is real here, and is NOT frictional, which means either WP computer system is being attacked, or WP hardware is really trash and the team is maintaining for nothing. Either way won’t make WP look any better.

Again, I wanna say, people are expressing their anger and frustration on that half baked maintenance, not some other random -_- drama from WOE and so on, should everyone just say “all hail WP” in a maint thread? Almost all maps are still down now with WP team doing nothing so far, tbh, WP might even be sued for this, everyone is independent and why do they must know if someone already posted the similar thing? Do you rather wanna see a thousand post related to a single issue, or a central place gathering similar comments? I still don’t understand your logic here to encouraging people writing more posts to distract, or that is your real purpose?

Edited by neko1231, 10 September 2023 - 07:01 PM.

#17 VModIceCreamCake

VModIceCreamCake

Amateur Blogger

• WarpPortal VM
  • 322 posts

Posted 10 September 2023 - 07:10 PM

VMod is as biased just as this thread is going to get locked/deleted since it does not serve the mod or her master's best interests. They will continue to delete posts that does not fit their interests and not that of the community. I think it's time for VMod to step down since she is clearly useless and is no longer needed by the community.

While I certainly have my opinions and biases I think so far this topic serves my interests very well! I always appreciate receiving honest feedback for myself. That said I will continue to remove off topic or rule breaking posts. And seemingly what I do isn't useless as those posts do need to be removed so I don't think I'll plan to quit anytime soon.

This is very unclear though. What is considered "spread"? If a player is doubting something and they question it on the forum, is that "spread"?

If no one is allowed to show fear, uncertainty or doubt, what does this forum do anyways?

The original meaning of this rule should be: purposefully make others fear, feel uncertain, or doubt based on fake or made up information.

Extending the range of forum rules is not appropriate.

You nailed the definition of spread. To repeat the (unsupported) concern here on the forums would be to 'spread FUD'.

Well that is an interesting question, what does this forum do?

To me it is a place for the community to gather and discuss changes in IRO and some other warpportal games, facilitate in game activities (market section, guild recruiting, strategy/build guides), and give either in-depth or otherwise constructive feedback to the community managers and production staff running the game.

The extent or purpose of the rule has not been extended at all and it is following its original American English meaning of the phrase 'spread FUD'.

Quote -
Quote end -

Well I feel rather strongly that labels given to people like 'cheater' IS a form of abuse. The written rules of the forum agree with me in this as well so the CMs who wrote that agree. As for what is or isn't 'my job' that is determined by the CM team who currently have given me a fairly free hand to keep things on an even keel. So I'd argue that literally the only direction I've been given could be interpreted as an order to enforce a fake harmony if I need to.

Not just BSB. He had been selling NPC items at a much lower price than cost for a very long time and the activity is very likely related to server going down. You can check this post if you haven't before https://forums.warpp...ore +frequently

It's highly suspicious but as normal players, we don't have a camera towards his computer so we can't technically have firm proof. This shouldn't be a reason we can't discuss this at all though.

You can discuss people cheating as much as you want but if you point fingers and start naming names then you're in the wrong spot. Publicly shaming someone into not cheating is foolish when you have a very helpful GM team who will BAN THEM if any of you give evidence. So please just do that and help the GM team and the rest of us out.

0/10 he banned me lol

While I did turn you into a newt you got better so therefore I'm not a witch.

Like look, I'm clearly biased based on what I've seen so far but for me, it's specifically the comment deleting.

I'm not so much of an hypocrite that I can't see the value of a VMod ICC because profanity towards somebody shouldn't be tolerated as the forum needs to keep a fair amount of civility towards the staff or other users, but I just can't see how you could just blatantly side with WP and their attitude on this fiasco.

How much respect you expect me to have for somebody who definitively doesn't have any respect for the fanbase releasing an update on the absolute state it's currently in, I mean it's a miracle the game barely works and it hasn't completely shut down but each hour it pases a new section of the game gets bugged, characters get stuck with no word from the people responsible for it.

I had to wait 8hrs for them to sent an automated response for a ticket I sent them regarding an issue.

If WP had any respect for it's players they should've worked on the weekend trying to fix this mess but nope, there they go with their long weekend and we're LUCKY we don't have a holiday in between although most likely no issue will be fixed UNTIL THE SERVER MAINTENANCE ON THURSDAY.

tl;dr VMod ICC is necessary and I'm sure the bias I see it's because WP's staff must be terrific, filled with great human beings who enjoy walks on the beach and all the good stuff and let me be real clear this is nothing personal against ICC or WP's staff but they are absolutely terrible at conducting updates and managing the content. 

No voice should be more important than other's regardless if I agree with what they say or not, we're talking facts and the server is a complete mess.

Well I feel I've explained removing those comments from public view at this point and none of them were for reasons state in the rest of your message.

As for the staff and how poor of a situation they've caused after weeks of prep they've had, I assure you it is just as disappointing for me as it is for any other player. I've not even logged in other than to collect the daily login bonus.

#18 Zangeon

Zangeon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 10 September 2023 - 07:20 PM

But what flavor IceCreamCake are you?

The world needs an answer.

Edited by Zangeon, 10 September 2023 - 07:20 PM.

#19 Ride My Toy

Ride My Toy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 10 September 2023 - 07:25 PM

I would suggest you to actually try playing the game instead of just playing on forums, especially if you refer to yourself as a "normal player." 
It seems really abnormal LOL

#20 VModIceCreamCake

VModIceCreamCake

Amateur Blogger

• WarpPortal VM
  • 322 posts

Posted 10 September 2023 - 07:41 PM

First of all, when you say ongoing harassment, how do you prove that guy mentioned by a crowd of people is innocent. Bad mouth on an innocent person is harassing, but on a real “criminal” is NOT. I don’t think that crowd is so boring to call it out, and I also believe they must have sent tickets to your GMs with some proof already and got nonsense response (I did experience that a lot). The disconnection issue is real here, and is NOT frictional, which means either WP computer system is being attacked, or WP hardware is really trash and the team is maintaining for nothing. Either way won’t make WP look any better.

Again, I wanna say, people are expressing their anger and frustration on that half baked maintenance, not some other random -_- drama from WOE and so on, should everyone just say “all hail WP” in a maint thread? Almost all maps are still down now with WP team doing nothing so far, tbh, WP might even be sued for this, everyone is independent and why do they must know if someone already posted the similar thing? Do you rather wanna see a thousand post related to a single issue, or a central place gathering similar comments? I still don’t understand your logic here to encouraging people writing more posts to distract, or that is your real purpose?

I strongly disagree with your assessment that guilt or not on another's part makes your actions justified or not.

If it isn't fair to treat an innocent person poorly and give them a negative label then we shouldn't treat anyone that way. Especially when we can't find the truth of the matter from behind our keyboards, so maybe I'm too American that I think people are innocent until proven guilty and I find these witch hunts distasteful.

"should everyone just say “all hail WP”"

I think people should discuss about the topic which was mentioned in the title and original post that started the topic, so for the maintenance topic they should talk about the changes the CM posted. Previously the CM team used those topics to gather feedback and get bug data, but this has almost entirely stopped if it wasn't obvious. Others on the forum are now used to mis-using the topics in that way though so I usually try to leave the messages alone, less successfully this time. Though if it were any other topics with posts like that then those posts would be 100% off topic and be moved or deleted.

As for poor management of the game I can't speak to that but it sure is rough to watch these days.

About many posts vs 1 mega post. The guidelines ask posters to make many small posts and I have the tools to combine those small posts into a larger one if needed. And I think the forum works better if those conversations can happen on their own and not try to have 7-10 things happening in a topic at once. So trying to cram so much into the maintenance topic seemed unhelpful especially in light of the majority of the other discussions being off topic to begin with.

#21 VModIceCreamCake

VModIceCreamCake

Amateur Blogger

• WarpPortal VM
  • 322 posts

Posted 10 September 2023 - 07:52 PM

But what flavor IceCreamCake are you?

The world needs an answer.

Well by volume I'm probably a couple percent Oreo Ice Cream Cake from all the cakes I've had from Dairy Queen over the years. :heh:

Lately though I've gained quite the appreciation for both Peanut Butter Ice Cream Cake and Mocha Brownie Ice Cream Cake.  :p_love: 

#22 neko1231

neko1231

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 721 posts

Posted 10 September 2023 - 07:58 PM

I strongly disagree with your assessment that guilt or not on another's part makes your actions justified or not.
If it isn't fair to treat an innocent person poorly and give them a negative label then we shouldn't treat anyone that way. Especially when we can't find the truth of the matter from behind our keyboards, so maybe I'm too American that I think people are innocent until proven guilty and I find these witch hunts distasteful.

"should everyone just say “all hail WP”"
I think people should discuss about the topic which was mentioned in the title and original post that started the topic, so for the maintenance topic they should talk about the changes the CM posted. Previously the CM team used those topics to gather feedback and get bug data, but this has almost entirely stopped if it wasn't obvious. Others on the forum are now used to mis-using the topics in that way though so I usually try to leave the messages alone, less successfully this time. Though if it were any other topics with posts like that then those posts would be 100% off topic and be moved or deleted.

As for poor management of the game I can't speak to that but it sure is rough to watch these days.

About many posts vs 1 mega post. The guidelines ask posters to make many small posts and I have the tools to combine those small posts into a larger one if needed. And I think the forum works better if those conversations can happen on their own and not try to have 7-10 things happening in a topic at once. So trying to cram so much into the maintenance topic seemed unhelpful especially in light of the majority of the other discussions being off topic to begin with.

Your point of proven guilty makes sense, but who is the judge? WP right? Given how long the disconnection issue has been here, why you think people should trust the word from WP anymore? Please don’t tell me WP is intentionally letting server down to collect evidences. Can you give me any other reasonable explanations about the disconnection issue? It seems dupers is the most plausible one, and again, I want to point out no one is calling out names here on forum, people are just concerned about the most likely reason of a big server issue here, they are not pointing to a specific player, what is wrong with this? Or you actually knows who that duper is so that’s why you were overreacting by removing comments and even raising it to legal issues?

I am not sure why you are enforcing rules here meanwhile the servers are still crash. I also feel you need to justify yourself before doing any censorship tbh. You used to have good reputation but that does NOT say you can arbitrarily remove comments and posts that way.

Edited by neko1231, 10 September 2023 - 08:02 PM.

#23 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10857 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 10 September 2023 - 08:30 PM

From the rules:
Fear, Uncertainty, Doubt

As for the duping issue I touched on that above so please read that part.

True. We dont have sokid proof of duping BSBs. You are just doing your job I guess lol

#24 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10857 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 10 September 2023 - 08:33 PM

It does not seem that she is doing anything good for the forum, but just delete useful feedbacks and players' comments, to create a fake "harmony and prosperity" on the forum.

If VMod is really a player as she said herself, she should be aware (and be angry, even mad, of course) of current disconnecting issue, and our server is flooded with the duped BsB, etc. In the forum, she never helps other players care about the disconnecting issue, but keep deleting other players' posts on their concern (even those concern is helpful for the well-being of the game). Especially, as long as someone pointed out that duping items makes the server down, she will delete the posts, and never allow other players to talk about the duper, with a weird excuse "go send a ticket with your proof instead of typing on the forum".

They only reasonable explanation is the b*** duper paid the VMod for deleting those posts. "Volunteer" means that WP does not pay her for managing the forum, but it does not mean a third party does not pay her.

Who the F is this duper youre talking about?

#25 Zangeon

Zangeon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 10 September 2023 - 08:34 PM

Well by volume I'm probably a couple percent Oreo Ice Cream Cake from all the cakes I've had from Dairy Queen over the years. :heh:

Lately though I've gained quite the appreciation for both Peanut Butter Ice Cream Cake and Mocha Brownie Ice Cream Cake.  :p_love: 

I Approve of Oreo. 9/10.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users