Senior Red Pepper Issue - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Senior Red Pepper Issue

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Cheezkeyk

Cheezkeyk

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 15 September 2023 - 05:59 AM

I dont know what happned but senior red pepper can 1 shot my Shadow cross 149k hp on hallucination walk  and used dark claw dont know if thats a reflect damge or a critical slashh

#2 parotonon

parotonon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 180 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Thor

Posted 15 September 2023 - 06:00 AM

It appears to be a reflect damage and can't be Dark Clawed. The skill is not even in Divine Pride.

#3 parotonon

parotonon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 15 September 2023 - 08:51 AM

RIP, bruv. Looks like these are the real mechanics of the instance. Youtube vids from kRO and pservers only show long-range physical and magic damagers, and GXs with SD build.

#4 3096230415192656890

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 71 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 September 2023 - 10:07 AM

I took a bit of time (and a whole lot of deaths) to figure out the mechanics and came up with this - see if it matches your future experiences:

• As long as Energy Shields are up, whether at "Default Status" or with "Broken Armor boosting shields", Pepper can use a portion of the damage dealt to it to boost its next skill - typically fireball, but i've also seen monstrously powerful firebolts and magnum breaks. This applies regardless of whether the damahe is physical, ranged or magical. It's not maxpain, but still pretty bad.
  • Once Energy Shields break (from destroying all 4 armors), you have the remaining amount of time to deal damage to Lambda. If you are attacking when the "Energy Shields have been restored to default status" appears, the person Pepper is attacking will likely die from the counter/damage boost effect shortly afterwards. This is not seen in the videos of the instance from kRO.

This makes the instance very passive. Most of the time you're just sitting there waiting for the boss to summon the armors, then you have an activity window and have to make sure to cut your attacks early, and then repeat it all over again until the boss is dead. I'm not sure this is how the fight is intended to go because youtube videos online are nothing like this.

Edited by 3096230415192656890, 15 September 2023 - 10:10 AM.

#5 parotonon

parotonon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 15 September 2023 - 01:47 PM

Mayo? Nice one.

• This applies regardless of whether the damahe is physical, ranged or magical. It's not maxpain, but still pretty bad.

I see.

• Once Energy Shields break (from destroying all 4 armors), you have the remaining amount of time to deal damage to Lambda. 

This one seems RNG. Based on my replays, the respawn time of the guardians ranged from 20 to 90 seconds. 

I am not very sure, but I think his normal attack and critical slash are of fire property when there are no guardians. I brought a fire armor, and with no guardians, his crits only went up to 40k+ so far compared to 280k+ crit with a ghost armor. But when the guardians are on, his physical attacks would change to a different property?

EDIT: The critical damage I mentioned above is not true. I just tested again

I'm not sure this is how the fight is intended to go because youtube videos online are nothing like this.

I'm also not sure why they keep creating instances like this. I've been farming Soapstones on several characters since July and I'm still yet about to reach 300. Same with AOGH's Contaminated Magic.

Edited by parotonon, 16 September 2023 - 01:35 PM.

#6 aTID2

aTID2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1717 posts
  • LocationLocation
  • Server:Server

Posted 15 September 2023 - 11:43 PM

Not reflect.

She just have like Level 100 Magnum break and Critical Slash.

Her normal attack not that strong. I doubt her skills that have problem.

tbh I like this version more. Red pepper need to be this hard not just random cube that weaker than Fenrir.

Edited by aTID2, 15 September 2023 - 11:44 PM.

#7 MrNaise

MrNaise

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 16 September 2023 - 01:39 AM

have any of you experience this (bug?) where his armors wont spawn and his buff remains

#8 VanishingPoint

VanishingPoint

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1246 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 September 2023 - 01:58 AM

have any of you experience this (bug?) where his armors wont spawn and his buff remains

1st armor (lower-left) can hide some how. If this happens, proceed to killing the other three armors then kill the lower-left armor last.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users